Arcadian Events & Design Reviews

12 | Overland Park, KS

12 Reviews for Arcadian Events & Design

Tammy · Married on 09/07/2013

I hired Diane for the month of the wedding, and honestly we would have been so lost without her. She was soooo helpful with everything. The day of the wedding ran so smooth. Everything went well and was on time. Her team did awesome and I definitely would recommend her to anyone. She was like my second mom! I got to know her throughout the wedding planning and she was so sweet and always helpful. I was so comfortable with her because she was just so easy to talk to and was always supportive in what I wanted. We all know stress comes with wedding planning, but she definitely made it easier!

Sent on 12/01/2013

Jeramy · Married on 09/22/2012

I can't say enough great things about Diane Boone (Arcadian Events). Since we live in Brooklyn and were planning a farm wedding in Kansas, we decided that we needed to hire a planner, even though I have some pretty extensive event planning experience. Diane was the first planner I met with and I knew right away that she would be great. Our venue was a family farm with very little infrastructure. We needed to bring in everything from generators to porta-potties. I asked Diane to tell me about the most challenging weddings she'd been involved in and she didn't hesitate to tell me her near-disaster stories. I knew that she'd be able to handle anything.

Diane understood that we didn't want a planner who would tell us that everything would be sunshine and roses. On our first site visit, she came up with a pretty detailed list of all the things that could and would likely go wrong, beginning with the fact that the busses we'd planned for our guests would never get up the entrance hill. She offered to research other KC venues for us, but we were committed to the farm. We soon committed to working with Diane.

Knowing that power was going to be an issue, Diane brought us a caterer (Salt Catering) who would grill and smoke on site, keeping kitchen power needs to a minimum. Understanding that we wanted to highlight the natural setting of the farm, she ordered cut flowers for us and arranged them.

She was on site two days before the wedding, handling the rental deliveries and the initial catering set-up. On the day before the wedding, she was there to oversee adjustments to the rental needs, arrange flowers and run the rehearsal. Everything was moving in perfect harmony (or at least if it wasn't, we were blissfully unaware!). The wedding day was gorgeous, so we didn't have to rely on her disaster plan, but it was great knowing that she had one. We had a blast, our guests had a blast and we have one person to thank: Diane!

Sent on 10/02/2012
  • Z

Zillner · Married on 01/14/2012

Diane provided beautiful decor and specialty linen rental for our company holiday party. This is the second time we have worked with Diane and we have had a 5-star experience with her every time. She goes above and beyond, not just providing us with beautiful decor and linen rental option, but cares enough to ask questions and provide valuable recommendations that help our company events run smoothly. Diane always provides what she promises and has always exceeded our expectations. If it was in our corporate budget to have her plan the entire event, we wouldn't think twice about it.
    Personally, I have also attended several weddings that Diane has designed and coordinated in the KC area. They were all unique, beautiful and the energy was so lively - the couple’s styles were apparent everywhere I looked. You could tell the bride and groom plus their families were having a blast throughout the night and not stressing about a thing. She has 30 years of event and design experience that just can't be learned overnight or in a class somewhere. We can't thank her enough for all her hard work, professionalism and calm, positive demeanor. Thank you Diane!

Stacy · Married on 12/02/2011

While Diane does not actually provide Wedding Services for us. We use her every time we have a special event at our company. She takes all of the stress out of hosting an event. The results of her hard work are always a beautiful, well executed event. From decorations, to food, to making sure our guests have a wonderful time...she handles it all. She's arranged anniversary parties for us for over 500 guests, intimate dinners for 20, and charity events. Indoors or Outdoors! She can turn a factory/production area into a swanky night club in a snap! Diane is the first person I contact when I find out we are hosting an event!

Dion · Married on 08/20/2011

Diane was part wedding planner and friend to us throughout the planning process. She kept us on schedule, on task, and on budget. She was thoughtful and attentive to all of the questions and requests we made. We wanted a ceremony and reception that was unique to us. She made her role personal and made sure that we had the event we wanted. We are forever grateful for her incredible work.

Cathy · Married on 07/23/2011

Thanks to Diane and Jessica, my daughter had the wedding she had always dreamed of and more. They were the most amazing women to work with, they created my daughters dreams and were so wonderful to work with. The wedding day was absolutely beautiful and everything went exactly as planned and stressfree. Thanks to Diane, Jessica and their staff we were able to completely enjoy our day without any worries, work or stress.

Lauren · Married on 06/05/2010

It was actually my groom that suggested we hire a wedding planner and it turned out to be the best decision we made. We felt very confident in our vendor selections, knowing they were based on Diane's extensive experience. Arcadian created a truly unique event that was absolutely stunning. Every detail was attended to and my guests are still raving about how beautiful everything was. I'll never forget my aunts asking me two days before the wedding for their list of to-dos. I told them it was all taken care of and they just had to relax and enjoy the wedding!! I've never seen my aunts so happy!!! My entire family was relaxed during the reception knowing we had Diane and her team there to take care of everything for us.

Sent on 06/23/2010

Katrina · Married on 02/26/2010

Contracting Arcadian to help with my wedding planning was by far one of the best decisions I made. My wedding day was flawless. The look of the room and details that were added, far exceeded my expectations, especially since we were on a strict budget. I don't think the event would have been as beautiful, or gone as smoothly, if they had not been working
    hard behind the scenes. Everything was taken care of, and all my groom and I had to do was have fun!

Sent on 03/19/2010

Katie · Married on 01/03/2009

Arcadian Events & Design is an extremely professional, knowledgeable, and personal company that made my wedding day perfect. My family was able to relax on the day of the wedding because we knew everything was taken care of. We all were able to enjoy the band, food, and visiting with friends and family. This is what a wedding is about and we were able to truly enjoy the day we put so much work into!

Sent on 03/04/2009

Shannon · Married on 10/30/2004

Hands down, this site was the best decision I made as far as wedding planning was concerned. We had the ceremony on one half, and the reception on the other side of the wall. It made such an easy transition for everyone. There was no additional travel, and my elderly grandparents just had to walk a few feet between events. The place was magical. The food? Some of the best food I've had.

Sent on 04/21/2008

Kelli · Married on 05/01/2010

Diane Boone did a wonderful job helping plan our special day!! From the beginning of the wedding planning stages, to the advice, to the support, to all the hard work along the way, and especially the actual day organization, we couldn't have done it without her!! The day was absolutely perfect and we owe her a huge thanks for helping make it perfect!! Everything went smoothly and we had several comments on how smooth our wedding day was. She was great and we would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great wedding coordinator!

Sent on 06/28/2010

rob · Married on 04/20/2012

2.4
      3.0
      3.5
      2.0
      2.5
      1.5

Used Arcadian (Diane Boone) as a wedding coordinator.

The good news--Diane tries to get on, get along, gives hugs, she has books of suggestions, and books of operational/organizational plans.

The bad news--even as an organizer, she can be disorganized. Had to remind her several times of other vendors/timelines etc through emails that she said she didn't receive. Plus she was expensive, pushed her own goods at a premium, didn't appear to always look for the best rates from other vendors, can come off as condescending or as though the customer has poor taste if they don't accept her vision of how things should work, and worst--unprofessional in trying to back out of her duties at the last minute.

Let me explain my description of Arcadian as unprofessional. Diane was Primarily Hired as a 'day of' coordinator/helper. In other words, her most important job was to be there and make things run smoothly on the 'day of' the wedding. She agreed to take on that role. However, at the last minute, she introduced her daughter and said she would take over on the 'day of' because Diane had 'another huge wedding event practice to attend'. What??? When I complained, she even looked it up to confirm in our contract that she was legally liable to be there. She still didn't promise, but did attend...and left about 4 hours before the event was over--without informing me she was leaving. She left a substitute in her place and that sub was excellent, but Arcadian Diane was NOT professional. I could give other examples, but this one suffices.

I've read other glowing reviews for Arcadian/Diane and many seem to come from companies. Perhaps the problem was that for Arcadian my wedding was a 'small' part of their business (though I'm sure it was larger and grander than most weddings and it was important to me). So, I don't know. It may be that Arcadian is a great coordinator for corporations, but not so much for weddings with less than 300 guests. I'll leave it at that except to say that I rate honestly...and have rated some other vendors 5 stars across the board and others not so much.

Sent on 04/26/2012