25 Reviews for Après Event Decor & Tent Rental

Setup (1)
Chairs (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Glassware (1)

We have booked all of our rentals through Apres. We worked with Susan, and so far, she has been a joy to work with. She answered all of my questions up front, and even though she was busy for a few days before she was able to send me my quote, she sent me a quick email every day, just to touch base and let me know that I was still a priority. I shopped around a lot for rentals in the Twin Cities area, and Apres was very competitive (if you can get over the ridiculous pricing of rentals in the first place). In the end, we borrowed tables, and I bought economy linens from LinenTablecloth.com, so all we needed to rent were chairs and glasses. (THe wine & water glasses were WAY more affordable from Apres than anywhere else!) I also liked Apres' website. You can actually see all of the items that they offer in every category. Looking forward to our wedding weekend and working with Apres!

Profile Picture Meredith, 8/20/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Glassware

Beautiful linens, great ideas to put your decor together and very flexible with changes. We added charges within 1 week of the wedding and they flexed easily doing everything possible to help us have the wedding we wanted. We started with another vendor and didn't like the professionalism or service and came to Apres. I'm so happy we did. Our event was beautiful and everyone was great to work with.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/23/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies
4.2

Rented a dance floor with Apres for my wedding reception. They set up and tore down. Overall I think they are a great value, my only caution would be they don't deliver or pick up on the weekend (without an extra charge I believe) luckily I had a Friday wedding so they were able to deliver that day and my venue was OK with a Monday pick up. If you don't have flexible vendor that might be an issue, but overall great company - very happy with the service, selection, and price.

Profile Picture Megan, 12/11/15, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Dance Floor
1.5

We already knew what we wanted to rent. Just 4 tables, 6 tableclothes, and silverware. It took several calls to finally get an order done. The first one they lost track of, so it took another few calls to try and get through to someone again and place an order again. We kept getting bounced around between voicemail boxes. It was way harder than it needed to be to get an order placed. And then the receptionist was very unhelpful. She would say Katie was in her office, but we wouldn't get in contact with Katie for another few days still. And the receptionist got frustrated with us for being frustrated? I don't know why we were having so many issues. We just wanted to place an order; we already knew exactly what we needed! Took at least a week to get everything squared away! The only reason we didn't switch to Ultimate was because Apres is closer. I am thankful for Apres having everything we needed though.

Profile Picture Austyn, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Very quick and easy to pick up and drop off items rented!!

Profile Picture User4201517, 2+ years ago, 11 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Karla at Apres was SO helpful and helped us decorate for our perfect wedding reception. They were so responsive and everything turned out beautifully without me (the bride) having to worry about anything getting done. If you want a stress free wedding day - go with Apres!

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/13/15, 1 Review
3.9

We used Apres for our tables, chairs, and linens for our wedding ceremony and reception. It was very easy to make changes up to a few days before the wedding. Everything was delivered early which allowed us plenty of time to setup and things were picked a couple days after so we had plenty of time to not have to scramble and take things down.

Our only complaint was we were short some chairs that we were expecting, so we had to have our guests move chairs from our ceremony location to the reception area which wasn't a hassle, but it would have been nice to not have had them do. A refund was promptly issued.

Profile Picture Brian, 10/4/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Apres did a wonderful job!! I would recommend them to any bride looking for unique linens and decor for their wedding! They are more expensive than other rental companies but trust me, fit them into your budget, you won't be disappointed!!

Profile Picture User3693395, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Apres is one of the two vendors authorized to set up events at Wedding Hill, in Theodore Wirth Park. We only opted for chairs, which they set up and took down quickly. They set up the chairs in a different orientation than what I originally wanted - I should have worked harder to coordinate with them in the days ahead of the wedding - but the result was very good nevertheless.

If I also booked them for additional lighting in the Theodore Wirth Chalet, their options were very limited and more expensive. I opted not to, and found the lighting within the building to be sufficient.

Profile Picture Adam, 8/16/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Apres was considerate of our budget and smart with their recommendations (knowing the average guest would use 2 glasses throughout the evening, only one napkin is necessary, two Bose speakers would suffice for great sound, etc.) We never felt they were trying to talk us in to spending more - nor were we treated any less than the big spending clients.

Katiee kindly reviewed all the details with us to ensure we felt comfortable. She was so easy to work with and we always knew what the next steps were going to be so we never felt left in the dark.

The delivery crew was 2 hours late, which was the only bummer. They were SO apologetic though and handled it great. The tent sides were not the original ones we ordered (white instead of clear) so the lead set-up guy personally said he'd take care of it and he brought out the clear sides by 7am the next morning - no additional charge or inconvenience. They handled it perfectly.

We highly recommend using Apres. They made having our wedding at our home incredibly easy and eased the stress beautifully!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

Apres was so fantastic in helping me plan my wedding day! And when I had to change venues just a week prior to my wedding due to flooding, they were absolutely incredible in letting me adjust my numbers and my rental items! I worked with Katiee and she worked so hard to help me re-plan all my decor on such short notice. When I arrived at my venue everything was absolutely perfect from the tablecloths and runners, to the custom ceiling draping and lighting. Everything was so fantastic! Thank you Apres!!

Profile Picture Meghan, 7/12/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

They were very flexible is letting us change our ceremony location at the venue in the event of rain which was nice. Setup went as we designated. We did receive responses within 24 hours via e-mail and phone, but sometimes our questions were answered vaguely or not at all. The communication between staff members needs improvement, however. I dropped off a table linen about 10am and received a phone call 6 hours later from a crew member asking where it was.

Profile Picture Ali, 9/21/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I worked with Katiee from Apres and she was terrific. Not only did she help me decide on a design for my reception, but she also lended a hand on other wedding planning aspects (flowers, videographer, etc). She was honest with me about what items I could save money on and I appreciated her help every step of the way. In the end, the reception looked just how I envisioned it and Katiee was an integral part in that.

Profile Picture Erika, 7/13/13, 11 Reviews
2.4

Awful quality, bad service.

I rarely give bad reviews, because I understand that mistakes happen. But I feel like people should be warned about this because not only was their service for our wedding absolutely terrible, but the quality of rental items was absolutely unacceptable.

I had free ugly folding chairs available at my reception venue but thought it would be worth spending a little extra money to get nicer folding chairs. Apres has some grey plastic chairs with black frames that looked fairly decent. When they arrived, however, the condition was almost unbelievable. Rusted, broken, dirty, stained... and they didn't match. They were in many ways worse than ugly old beige folding chairs. We were given a refund because they couldn't replace them in time with something better, but if I had actually cared more about how the venue looked, I would have been devastated. Even my dad (who is an old hippie woodsman who doesn't care about aesthetics) thought they were unacceptable. So be warned! If you are renting to get something nicer, these will not do the job!

Additionally, on the day of the pickup, they didn't show up for hours after they were supposed to, didn't communicate well, and when they finally arrived, didn't even call our contact person to let them know that someone else had let them in, so she was left waiting nearby for even longer without reason. She missed several hours of work waiting for them, and the dispatcher knew she was waiting to go to work, yet he didn't make sure she was told when they pick-up guys arrived.

We just couldn't believe it. In so many ways this rental wasn't worth the trouble, and I will never rent from them again.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3429872, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I rented trumpet style vases from Apres. The vases were lovely and in very good condition. They looked beautiful as centerpieces during my wedding reception. The rental process couldn't have been easier. I placed my order and the day of pick up everything was ready and waiting for me. Great vendor!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/29/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Apres was one of two approved vendors for chairs at our outdoor ceremony. When the initial quote came back too high for our budget, Karla at Apres was amazing about working with us to find something within our budget. She was patient and helpful and after a couple months of back-and-forth, Karla helped us find something that worked for us, and it went off without a hitch on the wedding day! The other approved vendor was really unresponsive and unhelpful. Apres was fantastic!

Profile Picture Angela, 6/2/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Apres Party and Tent Rental was one of the best two decisions I made in the wedding planning process. Aside from my wedding planner, Apres made my wedding the amazing and beautiful wedding that it was. The way that each of our tables were set up was absolutely stunning! My wedding venue would have not looked even close to as beautiful if Apres did not come in and turn the room around!

I 100% reccomend this company to anyone looking for rental items for their wedding!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/25/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Apre had wonderful linens and napkin rings that added a ton to the look of the reception. They were very helpful and stayed within our budget.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/11/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We worked with Katiee at Apres. She was very friendly and helpful! We rented primarily rented tablecloths and china and both were wonderful! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Jackie , 10/19/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

The sales rep we worked with was very honest with us when we met. She listened to our description of the atmosphere of our event and helped us make the right choices for us. Everything we used was of a great quality, arrived on time and looking like new.

Profile Picture Amber, 10/19/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

Apres was great to work with, they were on time with your delivery and late pick up. our chairs and tables were clean and well taken care of.

Profile Picture Allie, 10/6/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

I used Apres for my Tent, table, and linen rental. The tent was gorgeous, I had no idea how they were going to make a tent that fits 200 not look tacky but it looked so elegant and was the perfect size. The lights that they put up lining the tent provided the perfect amount of light and made everything glow in pictures. I just got standard white linens and round tables that seat 12. The cost for upgrading to anything but standard white linens was a little ridiculous so that was a bummer. They have some really pretty colors and options available but I wasn't going to spend $25-30 per table when I had 18 tables. I spoke to the sales reps quite a bit asking advice for what I can get and they were all incredibly helpful and very nice. My only con for Apres would be linen cost but from what I hear it's expensive everywhere. I would use Apres again and have already recommended them to friends.

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/10/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We worked with Katiee at Apres and she was wonderful to work with. She met with us very early in the morning and showed us everything they had to offer and there was absolutely no pressure to make any decisions there or put down deposits etc. We ended up renting way more stuff from them than we had planned because they have so many great looking things when you get to see them in person.

They were absolutely great to work with and they really made our reception even better than we could have imagined. Everything was delivered on time and perfect, we couldn't have been happier with our experience!

Profile Picture Tim, 4/23/10, 12 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We used Apres for specialty linens. Everything was clean, looked good, and was a reasonable price. They have a good variety online and in their showroom, so you can see everything in person. We were very happy with our linens and the service we received!

Profile Picture Kara, 5/16/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths

We rented white wooden folding chairs from Apres. The chairs were in good condition and stored in separate bags to protect them during storage and transportation. We appreciated the assistance loading and unloading the chairs when we picked them up and returned them.

Profile Picture User551148, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews