april ruiz | PURE COLOUR Reviews

60 Reviews for april ruiz | PURE COLOUR

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

60 april ruiz | PURE COLOUR Reviews

Laura · Married on 11/26/2017

I highly recommend Purecolour, April and her team met all my expectations and more!!!

Alejandra · Married on 11/11/2017

April is a very profesional person, with great ideas and techniques, I was stress free on my weddings day , her work is beautiful and flawless , my bridal party was ver happy as well , she did amazing job. I highly recommend it ..

Georgie · Married on 10/14/2017

April and her team have done all 3 of my daughters events. We would never consider another makeup artist or hairstylist! Highly recommend!!!

Lishel · Married on 06/10/2017

We couldn’t have been any happier with April & her teams services! We highly recommend Pure Colour

torgier · Married on 05/11/2017

Excellent service!!! Keep up the nice work !!

Maria · Married on 05/21/2016

April did a fantastic job!! She did a trial run, my bridal portraits and hair/makeup on my wedding day for myself and bridesmaids (along with 2 assistants). My hair and makeup looked flawless on my wedding day and she did an amazing job. She is also very affordable compared to a lot of hair/makeup artists in the Dallas area. I would highly recommend working with April! She has so much experience and does excellent work :)

Shannon · Married on 05/01/2016

April, you were Awesome. You made me BEAUTIFUL. Can't wait to see my pictures. So glad I chose you. Thanks for everything.

• User6619396 · 2+ years ago

Very professional, and attentive to my clients needs. I have worked with April for many years and she always does a great job whether it be TV, Video, or Wedding makeup.

Stephanie · Married on 11/14/2015

Our makeup & hair looked FLAWLESS! I highly recommend Pure Colour! :)

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

We were very happy with our services from Pure Colour, our makeup and hair could not have looked any better!!!

Aoihbin · Married on 07/11/2015

I can not express enough how HAPPY I was with April and her assistants, they did an incredible job! Everything flowed like clock work. Our makeup was flawless, All we could say is Awww and WOW!
    They were on time, they duplicated all the looks (makeup and hair) that my bridal party and I had chosen from Pinterest. My photographer changed our completion time for photos, April said no problem they will work as fast as they can. They were complete before the photographer arrived! They were so sweet and professional!

Ngoc · Married on 04/18/2015

April and her assistant were great! They were very professional and provided me with great tips on how to maintain my make up through out the day. I would highly recommend them.

abby · Married on 04/04/2015

April and her assistant came to our hotel and did make-up and hair for 8 women before the ceremony. All of us looked amazing not just when April was finished but throughout the entire day and night. She didn't over make-up any of us. She did exactly what we wanted and made us all the best possible natural versions of ourselves. I would recommend her again and again!

As a bridesmaid many times over, my daughter had to find someone to do her hair and makeup. That's when she found April. So when it came down to her wedding, she asked me to book April as soon as possible. April and her staff were so professional and did an amazing job - the entire wedding party looked absolutely beautiful and flawless. Thanks for being flexible and accommodating the last minute services requested by some of the wedding party's moms. We will continue to recommend April.

Meagan · Married on 12/27/2013

April has the amazing ability to bring out your true beauty without putting on tons of make-up. She is just absolutely amazing!! She made my special day so perfect!! I highly recommend her to anyone in need of he best make-up/hair stylist in town!! Plus, she's hilarious & genuine!!! Love her!!!

Denise · Married on 06/23/2013

Pure Colour was the perfect choice to accommodate my event!!!
    April did a fantastic job, she duplicated the exact look that I requested for my makeup and hair. My bridal party just kept bragging how happy they were with April and her team, they are perfectionists. Thank you, to you all for being apart of my Big Day!

Ana · Married on 06/08/2013

I felt like the most beautiful woman on Earth!!! April is amazing, and she knows what she is doing. She emphasize all your positive features, and I don't know how, but I swear she makes disappear the not so good ones. I do not wear make up at all, maybe 3-4 times year for special occasions, and my now husband is used to me without make up, and his biggest concern was that I looked with way too much makeup, or like someone different than myself. Been that said, finding someone who could do it just right was challenging. After having a really bad experience with somebody else, I found April's work and felt it was right for me. I went to my trial, and it was pretty good. So I agreed to have her doing my hair and makeup for the engagement pictures, which was with traditional Albanian wedding attire, therefore makeup is different than what Americans are used to, and she did a great job. In my opinion I looked beautiful, and the pictures are proof of it. So, my wedding day came, and I had changed my mind regarding hairdo, and she managed to go beyond my expectations with so short notice. And the makeup was just perfect, breathtaking. I felt gorgeous, stunning, and more important still myself!!! My husband LOVED THE MAKEUP!!! I don't know how many times he told me during the ceremony how beautiful I looked!!:-) Bottom line: I was a very happy bride!!!!:-)

Lisa · Married on 06/08/2013

April recently did the make up for my entire bridal party. April did a fantastic job. Everyone was totally satisfied with all of the services rendered. I would highly recommend April to any future bride. Guarantee you will be 100% satisfied. Fantastic job April. Keep up the great work!!!!!

Amy · Married on 05/25/2013

April and her assistants were a blessing! They did an incredible job on my twin girls event, their makeup and hair were breath taking and lasted all through out the evening! I highly recommend them!

Minh-Hai · Married on 04/27/2013

I can't recommend April Ruiz and her team at Pure Colour enough. She is a true professional! I'm realizing this is actually the first positive experience I've ever had with a makeup artist! She does makeup for lots of TV shows, including CNN and more. I always felt I was in good hands. I also really appreciated how professional, calm and sweet she was to my 6 bridesmaids and 2 high energy flower girls. Her good energy helped me decrease my stress the morning of!

I felt like a more beautiful version of myself on my wedding day (not like a drag queen!) and also loved my hair.

And she went way above and beyond on my wedding day. I had a morning ceremony and evening reception, and called her in the afternoon to see if she happened to be free to touch me up a bit. Not only did she drive across town to touch up my hair and makeup (and many of my bridesmaids!) before her evening TV client, she didn't even charge extra for it! Again, I HIGHLY recommend April at Pure Colour!!!

Martha · Married on 04/19/2013

April did an excellent job working with myself and my girlfriends. She even took her time and explained the techniques she used. She was so patient with each one of us. On top of that, she took the time with each one of us to create a color pallet that would be appropriate for our skin tone. We all enjoyed her spunk and loved her! Highly recommend her:)

Kim · Married on 01/13/2013

April was awesome! She made me feel beautiful & confident. I had a large wedding party and she met everyone's individual needs!
    I would highly recommend April !

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2012

Love, love April! She did the hair/make up for 17 women the day of my daughter's wedding. April was a professional as were her assistants. Everyone in the wedding party looked absolutely beautiful and April was really sweet to take on the challenge of pleasing all of us!
    If you need someone to take care of your hair and make up, April is the first person you should call.

Alisha · Married on 08/12/2012

I chose April based on the work I've seen at other friends' weddings, it was one of the best decisions I've made. I do not believe I could have chosen a better artist for my special day. To say the least, April is a visionary. It's okay if you are unsure of what to do with your hair, I was often confused on what I wanted to be THE hairstyle. April works with what you like and don't like to create a look that you will try to repeatedly imitate on your own. As a shy person, I found it easy to tell her when I wanted to change elements of her design. We hired her again for my sister's wedding last month, and she instantly became a part of the bridal party :) Her team works seamlessly together in an efficient manner to have everyone ready on time. It is most fun to tell her to do whatever she thinks will look good, and let her impress you. She is incredibly friendly, overly-prompt, and her services will be your best investment!