Applause Productions DJ-Video-Photobooth Reviews

96 Reviews for Applause Productions DJ-Video-Photobooth

Applause Productions DJ-Video-Photobooth 1
Applause Productions DJ-Video-Photobooth 2

Erin · Married on 04/28/2012

I highly recommend John Potter with Applause. He was on time, professional and really interacted with the guests. He provided props that really got the crowd going. He even took some good pics! He made our special night amazing!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Julia · Married on 04/14/2012

John and his wife were so helpful. We hired them to DJ and videotape but they went above and beyond that and helped in any way they could to see our day went smoothly. They were friendly, professional, and flexible in every way before, during, and after the wedding. I have been to a family member's wedding since ours, and feel our experience was a much better experience and value. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for these services!

Sent on 10/03/2012
  • Gena

Gena · Married on 03/10/2012

I would highly recommend Applause Productions for any event. He played at my friends wedding and was great so I knew who to call when it was my turn! I used this company for my recent wedding and the dance floor was constantly filled and everyone had a great time! He knew when to play what song at the perfect time and played something for everyone! He was extremely nice and professional and I will definitely use him again if I ever need a DJ for an event!

Sent on 04/06/2012

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2011

John Potter with Applause Productions DJ and Video was amazing. I highly recommend using this service for your wedding. He was professional and prompt. I received my video exactly when he said I would. I have watched the video a few times already and I have cried each time. It is just so beautiful. Definitely worth the money!!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 02/03/2012

Anna · Married on 11/05/2011

Cannot beat the price for these services combined! I was very satisfied with my video and he did a great job as the DJ too! Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/13/2012

Elissa · Married on 10/08/2011

I had a high school friend recommend applause productions. I will now second that recommendation. We received our video two weeks after our wedding. Everything was covered, not a second was missed. It was great that he added in music in our ceremony to cover where our usher messed up.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Shelly · Married on 09/17/2011

Great end video result for the price!!!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Lauren · Married on 06/18/2011

Fun and an interactive DJ! Everything went off without issues, which on your wedding day is VERY important! Played great songs along with ones we requested. He even customized a song for me to walk down the aisle too, which was especially nice :)

Sent on 10/25/2011

Richard · Married on 06/11/2011

Gotta tell you John and Mandy were perfect for our wedding. We just asked for a DJ to entertain the guests during the reception. Mandy was extremely flexible and helped custom tailor the music not just with the normal expected music but helped to create the perfect playlist to drive the mood. When we needed to contact her she was always available, willing to answer questions. We had a presentation we wanted to display they helped us develop it and even explained the best ways to present it. A couple of times we would email her and she either responded within the hour or called us directly. They set up the venue extremely professionally. John and Mandy coordinated with the venue manager directly to make sure everything was ready so we didn't even have to worry about it. Then during the reception John not only did the normal DJ thing he involved the crowd, played games and had all the guests smiling and having fun. What really stood out to us was that he had the children occupied playing games with them himself and enjoying the event. Mandy was excellent at customer service and John was a great DJ and business man. Very professional, we could not have asked for better. They have done this enough that when they had a suggestion we listened.

Sent on 01/08/2014
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/28/2011

Applause Productions did an amazing job capturing my wedding ceremony and reception on video! They were so easy to work with and their pricing was very reasonable! I even received my DVDs before the estimated delivery date! I will definitely recommend this vendor to my friends and family! Having a videographer for our wedding was a last minute decision for my husband and I and I was really worried about it being so late... but I was lucky to find Applause Productions!

Sent on 06/21/2011
  • Amie

Amie · Married on 03/26/2011

I was so happy with Applause Productions. We had a perfect evening.

Sent on 10/03/2014

Jami · Married on 09/10/2010

Our wedding was on Friday out of town and the reception was Saturday, so we had Applause Productions only DJ and film the reception. They really worked out the cost well with us and we were very happy with the service! They were so friendly and easy to work with while being professional as well. They even threw in some fun surprises that really got the crowd going!

Sent on 11/30/2010

Erynn · Married on 10/21/2016

APPLAUSE PRODUCTIONS IS BY FAR THE BEST THEIR IS!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! For starters, they made our wedding day so fun! Our wedding highlight video is just absolutely beautiful and captured every single important moment of our very special day! Not only do you get a highlight video but a highlight video of the entire day also! I have watched them all probably 28 times SO FAR! It is so wonderful to watch and replay the whole day ! We plan on watching the highlight video on our anniversary every year! Their turn-around time was soooo fast! We didnt have to wait months to get our videos also which was sooo awesome! We also had them for our DJ at our reception and they kept the dance floor crowded and played all the songs I had requested before-hand to dance to ! THEY ARE INCREDIBLE and I am already telling my friends they HAVE TO use them !! Besides marrying my husband (haha) this was one of the best decisions I EVER made!!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Abigail · Married on 08/09/2014

They got EVERYONE to dance and kept it going all night! They made it so much fun!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Ryan · Married on 05/17/2014

We are extremely happy we chose you for our DJ services for our Wedding Reception. It was far better than we could have expected. The song selection blew me away. Even when some of the older guests wanted to hear something, (That I've never even heard of) sure enough it got played. Thank you so much for helping us have a wedding reception we will never forget.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Applause Production was very organized and made me feel comfortable. They took control of the night and we had a blast

Sent on 05/04/2014
  • Brianne

Brianne · Married on 08/11/2012

John did an excellent job as our DJ. He had our guests up on the dance floor all night long. I will recommend him to anyone I know who needs a DJ.
    Thanks,
    Jacob and Brianne

Sent on 08/21/2012

H · Married on 07/16/2011

A wedding video is a must for any wedding! Your day goes by SO fast that you forget so many things, this is a great way to relive the day over and over!
    Applause Productions did our videography for our wedding and we were so happy with the video! They were on time, professional and did a fantastic job! John was very quick to respond with any questions we had and was easy to work with. We are so glad we chose them and have our video to watch for years.

Sent on 10/09/2011

David · Married on 09/13/2014

Very pleased with the DJ services provided. Glad that we went with Applause. Definitely made the evening a lot more enjoyable.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Erica · Married on 09/27/2014

You guys did a great job getting everyone up and dancing, my one drawback was that there were a few songs on my list I really wanted played which were not, buttt my list was long so it is understandable. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Applause Productions DJ-Video-Photobooth's reply:

Blossom · Married on 01/03/2014

2.2
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0

We got married 5 hours from where we live, so we relied extensively on online reviews to pick our vendors. For this reason I am making the effort to review all of my vendors, and unfortunately, this is the only vendor review that is hard and disappointing for me to write.

About 15 minutes before the ceremony it became clear that we had no DJ. A groomsman called John, only after having 2 phone numbers on their website not work, and was told that he thought our wedding was the next day. The correct date was clearly written in our contract. At first they said they would not be able to come, but after some discussion with the groom himself John and Amanda did bust their butt to get over quickly. I will give them that credit, though I don't understand why we had to convince them to do that.

They were very apologetic when they came, and it seemed sincere. However, they missed the entire ceremony, the cocktail hour, the grand entrance, and our first dance.

There were two more smaller issues. First, the first song they played was Robin Thicke Blurred Lines, which is exactly what I told them not to do over a phone conversation a couple weeks prior. They did switch to more appropriate music as soon as I ran to them and said they needed to. The 2nd thing, they messed up the names of the people doing toasts. I will chalk both of these mistakes to them being flustered as these both happened very soon after they arrived and hurridly set up, and in the grand scheme of things neither was a huge deal.

Another kind of sad thing is we had paid them for videography which we never got. They were also a lot slower to respond to our emails than any of the other vendors we worked with, so consider that if it will annoy you.

Once they got settled they did do a good job. I think they seem like nice people, but this was a bad mistake. Hopefully they feel bad enough that they make sure it never happens again. And if it never happens again then I think you will be fine.

Sent on 01/08/2014

Applause Productions DJ-Video-Photobooth's reply:

It is unfortunate that there is so much in this review that is unfair. This client was difficult to communicate with, we didn't even receive their signed contract until the last few days prior to the event, and multiple phone calls and emails we made to the groom during the last days leading up to their wedding were completely ignored. Keeping in communication with your vendors is very important.

Even though we were told by the bride and groom at our phone meeting that their wedding was on Saturday, January 4th, their wedding really was on the day before. I can understand that we should've triple checked when the contract finally came in with January 3rd, and for that reason we did offer the client a full refund.

I think overall this couple was not very organized and as a result it caused a real problem for everyone involved. We felt terrible that it happened to them as no one wants to see someone's wedding day have this kind of problem.