Anthony's Pier 9 Reviews

Anthony's Pier 9 4
Anthony's Pier 9 5
  • SJ

SJ · Married on 08/19/2018

When planning our August wedding we had envisioned at outdoor venue but being that we had to be realistic with New York City weather we started looking at indoor venues. We visited Anthony's Pier 9 after a friends wedding in Hudson Valley and absolutely fell in love. The weather ended up being perfect and we had the ceremony outdoor but loved the fact that if the weather didn't pan out we could have used the indoor ballroom. Our reception was held in the Garden Room and we could not have asked for anything more, it felt like we were outside in an enchanted Garden. We decorated the room with white flowers but the plants that are in the space added so much to the vibe and the drapery on the top of the space made it feel like an outside tent. From the moment we arrived everything was perfect, the staff was accommodating and met our every need throughout the entire day. The food was phenomenal, we keep receiving compliments on the choices as well as the presentation and our guests could not stop talking about the dessert & the chocolate fountain. We had an incredible time and could not have asked for anything more for our special day. We highly recommend this venue!

Timothy · Married on 10/07/2017

I had my daughter's wedding there a few days ago. Much better than I had expected or even dreamed of. Taylor, the Wedding Coordinator, did a fantastic job in the planning and making sure everything was perfect. We had one small issue and when it was brought to Taylor attention, it was immediately rectified. Food was delicious and service was great. We are still getting feedback that has all been positive. The mother of the groom called the wedding a "fairybook" experience. One guest came from Long Island and said the only word he had was "phenomenal" to describe it. If I had more daughters, they would all have their weddings here

Janet · Married on 08/26/2017

My daughter got married on Saturday, August 26 2017. The venue is exquisite, all personal helpful and smiling. Food was delicious, and many guests I didn't know commented on how lovely it was.
    Taylor, thank you for all you did to make Alyssa and Joe's wedding spectacular.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Anthony's Pier 9's reply:

We are so happy for Alyssa & Joe!! Thank you for letting us create their dream wedding, and be a part of such a special and memorable day!

Crystal · Married on 08/26/2017

Anthony's Pier 9 is the best! It's a gorgeous venue and the people there are amazing. We worked with Taylor and she is amazing, she's so sweet and makes a stressful time go so smooth. Our wedding night was absolutely perfect and I can't count how many people said the food was amazing. You will not regret having your ceremony/reception here!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Anthony's Pier 9's reply:

What a perfect day it was for Crystal & Frank! We are thrilled you chose to share your wedding day with us! Congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs.!!

Rebecca · Married on 08/25/2017

We were so pleasantly surprised when we toured Pier 9 looking for the perfect wedding venue. The garden room in the back was the perfect spot to get our outdoor ceremony vibe without needing to worry about the weather. I loved how there was a a cocktail room with lots of seating and a separate reception room that was plenty big for the 240 guests we invited. A lot of venues we previously visited didn't accommodate up to 300 people like Pier 9 does so it would have been a tighter squeeze sitting everyone. And the dance floor was huge so no one was squished dancing the night away. The Sales staff as well as all of the staff on the day of were great - so nice and so helpful. Our night was perfect and I'm so glad we chose Pier 9 - highly recommend!

Lianne · Married on 06/10/2017

When looking for a venue I have to be honest Anthony's Pier 9 was not on my list, though I had heard of it, I did not want to take a look. Thankfully my now husband urged me to set up a visit and speak with a planner. I have to say it was the best decision I have ever made. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting with Taylor and from that moment on we knew AP9 was the venue where we wanted to have our reception. They truly know how to do things! Every question we had every concern was addressed. I would email Taylor all the time about so many different things, not only did she get back to me promptly she had solutions and answers to everything. The food at AP9 is phenomenal, atmosphere is gorgeous and maintained well and the staff is exceptional. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Anthony's Pier 9's reply:

Saturday, 6.10.17 couldn't have been a more perfect day!! Thanks for sharing with us! Wishing Lianne & Chris a lifetime of happiness!

SAMARA · Married on 03/11/2017

I booked my wedding for next year here and I am absolutely in love with he place. From the gorgeous venue, to the friendly and unbelievable service I got from Taylor (my wedding rep) there, I would not go anywhere else. We had a tasting there and the food is phenomenal, the location is easy to get to and it is absolutely mesmerizing on the inside. I recommend anyone planning a wedding to check this place out first before going any where else!

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

My wedding day/night was perfect and I owe a lot of that to AP9! Wanda, Taylor and Michelle were so wonderful to work with in the planning process. Everything came out exactly as planned. Our Maitre D and Head Server were also amazing the day of! We have received so many compliments on the beautiful outdoor garden, the food, the service and the venue itself. Seriously, I have zero complaints about this venue and would recommend them to anyone. Thank you to everyone at Anthony's Pier 9 for such a fantastic event!

Luisa · Married on 10/15/2016

Choosing the venue: the first and most crucial part in the wedding planning process. Anthony’s Pier 9 made this a very easy decision for us. When we visited Anthony’s Pier 9, we knew immediately that we had found the place for our reception. This newly renovated venue was just what we were looking for. Not only was the main ballroom exquisite, but the packages were also very reasonably priced. We were planning on inviting a lot of people to attend our wedding, and the Imperial Room had plenty of room for all of our guests, and a huge dance floor for lots of dancing. As a photographer, I have attended many events at this venue prior to looking at it for our own wedding. The food is always delicious and they put out quite an extravagant spread. We’ve also witnessed the staff go above and beyond with their service. They treat the guests as well as the vendors with respect and courtesy. The Bonura Hospitality Group really has wedding service down to a science and it shows at each and every event. We worked with Wanda as our wedding planner and she was awesome. She made sure the whole team had everything set for our big day. Our entire reception went flawlessly. We didn’t have to worry about anything with the Pier 9 staff taking care of us. The ballroom was decorated so beautifully with all of our decorations and input taken into consideration. Book Anthony’s Pier 9 for your reception, and you’ll be on Cloud 9 on your wedding day. Thank you all for everything!

Stephanie · Married on 08/20/2016

The amount of positive comments we received from our guests about how amazing our wedding was, was very overwhelming! In a good way! We had over a dozen people actually say it was the best wedding they have ever been to! From the food to the service we could not have asked for a better day. Wanda and her staff is very friendly, responsive, and accommodating when it comes to customizing food and the layout of the floor plan. It's no secret that they are a well oiled wedding machine and even though they have about 4 wedding a weekend they still made me feel like I was the most important person ever. There are so many fabulous picture backdrops (esp if you book the imperial room with the garden room for cocktail hour). This place literally made me feel like a princess for the day while also giving our guests the time of their lives.

Jeanette · Married on 08/05/2016

Anthony’s Pier 9 exceeded my expectations in every way! From our first meeting with Taylor we knew Anthony’s was the right place for us! Taylor is so knowledgeable and clearly loves what she is doing. We never felt like we were just another couple, but we felt like we were dealing with a friend. She was so great with getting back to my many, many emails, and always made me feel confident in our decisions. When our guests walked into our cocktail hour in the outdoor garden, they have told us they were blown away! Everyone is continuing to rave over the food in both the cocktail hour and the dinner! If you book at Anthony’s Pier 9 definitely go to their tastings, we went with both sets of our parents and it was a fantastic time! The entire staff (our head waitress, maitre d, wait staff, and bartenders) were so friendly and helpful throughout the night, and not just to me, but to all of our guests! At Anthony’s you get so much for your money, but there is no compromise, you are able to get everything you want! On top of our extra desserts, we also got to-go snacks! It was seriously everything I dreamed and more and I am so happy we had our wedding at Anthony’s!

Jacqueline · Married on 07/23/2016

Our wedding was this past Saturday, July 23 & it was absolutely amazing down to every last detail. I could not be happier with Anthony's Pier 9. Not only is the location stunning, the food was incredible. I am still receiving comments from my guests on how great the food was, especially the cocktail hour. Everyone had a great time and the staff was beyond wonderful to all of them. They were also extremely attentive to us, making sure all of our food was wrapped to go and packaging all of my belongings for me! I would highly recommend this location.

Amanda · Married on 06/25/2016

Anthony's Pier 9 went above and beyond to make our wedding day the most memorable day ever. The venue itself had beautiful flowers everywhere and was clean and updated. The staff, especially Wanda, were friendly and helped us every step of the way. They think of everything and go over it with you prior to your wedding so you don't need to worry on your wedding day. The food was delicious and they even pack up the leftovers for you to bring home. All our guests were saying it had been the best wedding they've been to.

Rebecca · Married on 05/29/2016

We suggest a venue where the staff is personable and accommodating. This venue definitely had what we were looking for, a beautiful space and amazing food. It was an amazing experience indeed!

If I could get married 20 times over, I would, and right at Anthony's Pier 9! Everyone who was a part of our day, made it as calming and pleasant as could be! Taylor is simply amazing! From the planning, the food, the service, the professionalism and the ultimate kindness you could ask for, Anthony's Pier 9 is where you need to be for your event! Our friends and family are still talking about how beautiful everything was and how amazing the food was! I can go on and on but you have to see for yourself! Thank you Anthony's Pier 9 for the best wedding a girl could ask for!

Amber · Married on 09/19/2015

Anthony's Pier 9 was amazing. They were wonderful to work with from the time we booked our reception through the day after our ceremony when we picked up everything. Thank you so much to the entire team for your help. You did everything we asked and more. Many of our guests said this was the best wedding they've ever been to and we know that was because of all the hard work you put in. A very special thank you to Wanda & Kaitlyn for helping us with the plans, our Maitre' D, Cecilia, for keeping everything running smoothly and our head table server, Acela, for making sure we were taken care of. We can't say enough good things about Anthony's Pier 9. Thank you.

They were super helpful and knowledgable for all aspects of planning.

Cecelia · Married on 09/11/2015

This place is amazing! There are so many different rooms and each has something unique about it!

Teresa · Married on 06/20/2015

Ever since I was a little girl, my family and I would always pass Anthony's Pier 9 and I always dreamed of having my wedding there. When it came to that time, Anthony's Pier 9 exceeded all of my dreams and wishes for the perfect wedding! Right as my husband and I walked into Anthony's we knew this was where we wanted our reception to be. We met with Wanda and she went through everything from food and drinks to choosing a ballroom, all the way down to linen colors. Wanda made our wedding experience very easy on us and enjoyable for all our guests. They definitely do not disappoint on the food quality! I come from a big traditional Italian family and food is a major factor when selecting our venue. When I walked into my ballroom on our wedding day I was speechless! It was exactly how I wanted it to be! All of the staff made sure everyone was happy and taken care of. We would 100% recommend Anthony's Pier 9 for any event!

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 05/29/2015

There is no where else to get married. This is it!! Anthonys is the BEST for what I was looking for! Marysa is an amazing Sales Manager, the staff was OUTSTANDING and the food amazing as well. I really cannot say enough good things about this place. There is no question BOOK ANTHONY'S!!!

I will be forever grateful for Anthony's pier 9. From day 1 when I booked my wedding with Wanda it was an amazing experience. The service and treatment is royalty. I must have went there 15 times before my wedding and each time I felt and was treated like family. The service, the food, and the custom up lighting that Anthony's offers you are one of a kind. Our day was flawless and our pictures beautiful because Anthony's is that fabulous you can take all your pictures there. We had our ceremony there as well, it was just breathtaking. I could write a book on how amazing everyone was. We owe a special thank you to Mr. Bonura for his amazing dessert extravaganza surprise to us. It was so beautiful and no one has ever done something that generous for us. To Wanda and Kaitlyn for executing my every vision. From the mashed potato station to the way the cake and cookies were placed on the plated the dessert. I dreamt about my wedding my entire life and Anthony's pier 9 staff made my fairy tale a reality. My husband and I are forever grateful and thankful forever from the bottom of our hearts.
    L & T guests are still talking about how it was the best wedding they ever went to!!!

Adrian · Married on 03/29/2015

The perfect place for the perfect wedding. Your dream will come true here.

• User4671909 · 2+ years ago

I just got married and had my son baptized on January 3, 2015. My husband and I began planning our celebrations in September and the first and only place we went to was Anthony's Pier 9. We needed a location last minute with a decent price and customized hours to match our ceremonies. Anthony's Pier 9 did more than accommodate our needs. They took all our requests seriously, some things I was unsure to ask for and they were confident in their answers and made me feel comfortable. My husband and I worked with Katelyn, she was very friendly, easy going and made sure we got everything we wanted. The wedding itself went by in a blink but I still have guests calling me, four days later to tell me how wonderful their evening was; they were impressed with the staff, food and presence of the hall. I would get married there again and would recommend it to anyone planning an event!

Brianna · Married on 10/26/2014

This is such a big review to write I hope I do it justice.
    Our wedding day was on Oct 26 2014
    Leading up to the big day Wanda was a joy to work with she answered every email and every phone call with patience. She knows her stuff and you can tell she has been doing this for a long time. The staff present on our big day was so helpful and kind our maître d' and head waitress were perfect. I kept calling the maître d' by a different name poor guy but he didn’t care he was focused. Nice job Josh !
    The food was perfect everyone was telling us how good it was I couldn’t get enough of the food either. Yummy! They even wrapped up food for our guests and us to take home. They also wrapped the top layer of the cake as is tradition with directions to eat a year from now.
    Everything was well organized and well done it was well planned, picture times, eating times everything.
    I just wish Wanda would have given me a count of all the staff I had to tip. I had to ask my father for some cash in the moment because I was caught off guard. They also forgot to place our gold chargers on the table which I was sad about because it would have given the room and extra bling but no one noticed but me and we got a refund for the mistake right away which we used to book our honey moon.