Anthony Party Rentals Reviews

Rating 3.5 out of 5, 9 Reviews
View more information

3.5

Kate Married on 09/10/2011
    Before we called Anthony, we called a much larger rental chain to see if they could provide us with tents, tables, chairs, etc for our wedding reception at my parents' house in Malvern. The larger rental chain took weeks to get back to me, and once they did get back to me, they wouldn't come out to survey the property to see which size tents would fit, etc, unless I put a non-refundable deposit down on a tent from them! Why would somebody ever do that before you even know if they have the right tents to fit your venue?? After getting fed up with that chain, I called Anthony rentals.

I got somebody on the phone right away who took my information, and the owner himself called me within 24 hours to discuss my request. He himself came out to the property within days (no deposit required) and had lots of helpful information, recommendations, etc. He was great. He didn't act like a “salesman” would, trying to sell us products and upgrades that we wouldn't really need. He was a straight-shooter who gave us his opinion straightforwardly, and he left the decisions to us. He was there as a guide and for us to bounce ideas off of. It was a great experience.

The next time I need to rent entertainment equipment, I will call Anthony Rentals before wasting my time with another one of those big chain stores.
  • I
    Irma Married on 06/27/2010
    thanks for the tent set-up. your staff was very helpful and I can see why my sister-in-law referred me to use your services. I would highly recommend Anthony's Rental. Great job!
    Stephanie Married on 05/06/2017
    Super easy pick up and drop off process. Friendly and helpful staff. Would absolutely rent from them again and recommend to others.
    Cassie Married on 06/28/2008
    We rented 10 aisle candleabras for our wedding for about $200 with the delivery charge. We thought that was a bit expensive but we couldn't seem to find them anywhere else for less. On the other hand, they delivered them and picked them up without any problems and they looked great. We got exactly what we wanted.
  • User2987312 2+ years ago
    We found Anthony's through our caterer. We arranged for the typical rentals of tables and chairs, but also for the caterer's kitchen equipment since our caterer was a restaurant that only occasionally did outside catering. We worked with Scott from Anthony's, who was very professional and patient with us as we tailored our rental order over the course of many phone calls. They were also reasonably priced, both for the typical rentals and the kitchen equipment.

The delivery men called us to let us know that they would be getting to the venue in 30 minutes, which was great. We had originally hoped to get the rentals delivered on Saturday, but Anthony's only delivers and picks up Monday through Friday. It ended up working out fine, since most venues are used to this and have storage options.

Overall, working with Anthony's went really smoothly and I would rent from them again.
    Sara Married on 04/28/2009
    A little expensive but I couldn't find what I was looking for, anywhere else.
  • Sandrao1021
    Sandra Married on 05/22/2010
    I rented tents from Anthony's. I was charged for the wrong person's rentals first. Thankfully I asked for a receipt to be emailed to me and was able to tell that it was the wrong account. They also installed the tents in the wrong places because the delivery person forgot the work order which turned out to be an issue due to the rain and we had to dry off all the seats that were uncovered. Then I was over charged. I was able to get a refund on the amount I was overcharged but the receptionist, Donna, was very rude.
    Carrie M. Married on 06/01/2019

Stay away!

We called to see if we could arrange to have our tent for our wedding be delivered the morning of since our ceremony wasn’t until the evening and we weren’t sure how the weather was going to be due to a constant change. the manager Donna was rude ... and that’s being nice. When trying to explain to her what we were looking to do and even stating that we don’t mind if there was an extra fee she continuously cut my fiancé off while speaking. At one point she even stated “we aren’t her clients so she doesn’t care”... we used them through our venue, so in her eyes we weren’t a client because our venue handled it. we asked to speak to someone above her due to her tone...
    now we get the owner ANTHONY. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. Not only did he tell my fiancé to shut up while she was trying to explain it to him but he literally SCREAMED at her. i could hear him yelling from across the room while she was on the phone. He cursed at her and even stated “you’re going to tel me right now if you want this tent or not.. and i don’t care if you paid for it or not... you’re going to give me an answer now” extremely aggressive over the phone. afraid to see how he would act in person towards a female. My fiancé told him her was extremely rude and he said “i will be whatever the f*#% you want me to be”. please don’t waste your money or time here. find a place who is willing to work with you and who won’t talk to you like you’re a worthless being. not sure how he even is still in business
  • W
    Laura Married on 05/19/2007
    Too horrible an experience to get into!!