The Antares Musicians Reviews

208 | Ellicott City, MD

208 Reviews for The Antares Musicians

Corleigh · Married on 09/22/2012

Tammy, Berta and team were extremely professional and a joy to work with. They provided us with a wealth of knowledge in planning our wedding mass and worked with us to pick music that fit what we were looking for. They added that extra special something to our ceremony that was noticed by both the guests and us. Antares was just wonderful!

Sent on 09/26/2012

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2012

I hired the Antares Musicians to play my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. Being the bride, I wasn't out there to hear them during the pre-ceremony and of course missed most of the cocktail hour, but I have gotten fantastic reviews from my guests. When I walked in the cocktail hour I heard a crowd of my guests singing along as they were playing "Don't Stop Believin'" which was cool to see! Tammy was super responsive and detailed with her emails leading up. The questionnaire I filled out for them was extremely detailed--I felt like I was taken care of every step of the way. Would definitely recommend the Antares Musicians to all brides in the Baltimore/Washington area!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Working with Jill and the Antares Musicians was a wonderful experience! I could not speak a single word other than extremely positive. It was fun from the inital planning all the way through the end. I would recommend this vendor to everyone and anyone :)

Sent on 09/18/2012
  • User2639142 · event on: 08/23/2012

Having Antares Musicians at our corporate Open House event was wonderful. They added a layer of class and comfort to our party and were pleasant to work with.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Dorian · Married on 07/15/2012

I heard everything was wonderful but did not attend the cocktail hour

Sent on 07/23/2012

Ed · Married on 07/14/2012

This review is written from the Father of the Bride view. The Antares Musicians added greatly to my daughter's wedding ceremony. Not only are they obviously very talented performers, they were a delight to work with. They were very willing to provide help in selecting music which was helpful to us. We knew that we wanted the beauty of classical music but didn't know where to begin. They spent as much time as we need on the phone to guide us through the preparation and their website is great. If you want to add the "something special' that classical music can bring to your special day, consider the Antares Musicians. We did and were very pleased.

Sent on 07/21/2012

Megan · Married on 07/14/2012

The Antares Musicians were wonderful! Their music was beautiful and we received so many compliments from family and friends! Thank you Tammy Sutton for helping to make our daughters wedding day so special!!

Sent on 07/23/2012
  • User3435327 · event on: 06/30/2012

The Antares Musicians provided beautiful music for my son-in-law's memorial service. They were easy to work with, flexible, and helpful with excellent music suggestions--even arranging some of the special songs we requested. We had the string trio along with the soprano and the music filled the church and made the service and the 'visiting' time before the service so much more special (many guests commented on this too). I cannot thank them enough. Their beautiful music was both comforting and uplifting and helped us get through a very difficult day.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Ashley · Married on 06/16/2012

Tammy and the rest of the trio that my husband and I had at our wedding were OUTSTANDING. We received many, many compliments on the music. Tammy and Jill were always there to answer my questions, whether it was over email or on the phone. I would hire them for any other event that I have, and would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/19/2012

Whitney · Married on 06/09/2012

I booked Antares purely to appease my in-laws who just HAD to have live music, but I'm so glad I did! I was nervous having a group I never met before play at my wedding, but these guys were phenomenal. I booked the string trio, and they were perfect. They sent a full questionnaire beforehand for me to fill out with what songs I wanted, who was walking down the aisle for each song, etc. and followed it to a T. I got so many compliments on the trio. They sounded amazing. You can clearly tell that they have done this before. So professional, so talented, and a great addition to any ceremony. Definitely recommended!

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • c

C · Married on 05/27/2012

Tammy and the rest of the Antares musicians did a spectacular job at our ceremony and by the sounds of everyone's reviews the cocktail hour as well. I wish I could have enjoyed cocktail hour too but I heard the music they played was beautiful!

Because it was a Catholic full mass ceremony they were able to recommend a cantor that knew exactly what she was doing. She had a beautiful voice! The music went on without a hitch even without rehearsal. They really know what they are doing!!!

As for price point they were the best I could find in the area without a doubt. They honestly are worth a million times more! :) Tammy will email you back within hours of you reaching out to her. I had a lot of questions and she answered every single one right away. I added the cocktail hour at the very last minute and they had no problems with accommodating us.

Thank you Tammy and all for everything! You really did help make our wedding a dream come true!
    Cristina & Brandon

Sent on 07/30/2012
  • AMANDA

Amanda · Married on 05/25/2012

Tammy and the Antares Musicians are absolutely amazing! Our ceremony was so beautiful and the music had such a big impact! Tammy was very fast in responding to e-mails and made wonderful suggestions who I appreciated so much. She truly works with you to make everything perfect All of our guests have told us how beautiful the music was! We had violin and piano :) Thank you so much Tammy and the Antares for making our day so beautiful!!

Sent on 06/06/2012

Wendee · event on: 05/22/2012

NaturaLawn of America celebrated our 25th Anniversary at the Hyatt Regency in Baltimore. Our final event is always our awards banquet. It begins with a cocktail hour followed by dinner, so this year we decided to add some class to the event and we hired a three piece flute, cello, and violin ensemble - and we were thoroughly pleased!! For 2 hours the Antares Musicians filled the room with wonderful classical music. Since musicians know what they play best - we allowed them to select all the music for the evening - what a great move on our part because everything sounded fantastic. We would hire them again if the need arises.

Wendee McFalls
    Meeting Coordinator

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen · Married on 05/05/2012

Tammy Sutton really did a great job. She helped us to design what music would be played. We went over all the details with her including timing. They provided a soloist to enhance our music choices. If she didn't have certain music, she ordered it. The transitions were seamless. The best way to describe the music is beautiful. They arrived well enough ahead to setup. They were dressed professionally. Tammy connected with me before the ceremony started. There wasn't anything that could have made it better. We had Con Te Partiro for when my grandmother and my groom's mother lit the tapers of the unity candle. We had the Lovers' Waltz for the processional. I had them play The Prayer for my entrance. For honoring my grandparents and my groom's mother, they played In My Life. For our exit, we had them play the '80s pop song Together Forever. It was perfect.

Sent on 05/09/2012

Marcie · event on: 04/15/2012

Tammy did a fantastic job, was a complete professional, and was very flexible with working around our schedule and budget constraints. I would definitely hire her again, and I would trust her to put together whatever ensemble of musicians I might need for future events. Thanks Tammy!!

Sent on 07/06/2012

Serra · Married on 03/31/2012

Antares Musicians were very easy to work with. They have a great and expansive repertoire and worked with us to pick perfect music for our ceremony. We chose a string trio but really liked one of the songs that was listed on the quartet repertoire list. Antares was able to play that song as a trio for us.

We let Antares pick the pre-ceremony music and have received rave reviews from our guests about the pre-ceremony selections. As a bonus, the Antares Musicians prices were very reasonable.

Antares also took a few pictures from the back of the room for us.

Sent on 05/13/2012

C · Married on 03/24/2012

We booked the flute and string trio for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour (flute, violin, and cello) at the Tremont Grand. We knew they were going to be amazing based on recommendations we received but when we actually heard them play at our wedding, we were speechless! They were flawless, professional, and our guests were blown away. They played classics as well as modern hits and were very willing to work with our requests. I had requested an additional song for the groomsmen for the processional and I knew it was going to be difficult making it work with the other pieces, but they did it! And it was perfect! Music was one of the most important aspects of our wedding and Antares nailed it! They are the best!

Sent on 04/02/2012

Ellen · Married on 03/10/2012

Professional and everything we asked for !

Sent on 06/17/2012

Ellen · Married on 03/03/2012

"I enjoyed listening to the string trio's beautiful music!! We could hear it as Rachel and Evan signed the ketubah, the Jewish marriage license, upstairs in the little bridal suite area. And we could hear it as we walked down the aisle and then back again. It sounded great, and we have had many compliments about the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and post-ceremony music you provided so well. It was a beautiful addition to the elegance of the setting. Thanks for all of your suggestions, expertise, and for helping to set the tone for a beautiful, elegant, and happy evening for our family and friends!"

Sent on 03/10/2012

Louise · Married on 02/18/2012

As we were planning the music for the ceremony and dinner, the group was very helpful with suggestions. They have a large repertoire that can be seen online and are also willing to play requests.
    They were completely prepared the day of the wedding, and moved from one room to another without a problem. Any request I had made was followed.
    The music was lovely and many of our guests complimented them.

Sent on 02/28/2012

Dana · Married on 11/20/2011

Excellent! We had the duo--cello/violin and they were excellent! Superior quality..I loved the sound of their music, especially when I was walking down the aisle. It was everything I had dreamed of and more!! We received many compliments about how well they played and how much it made our wedding a classy, successful event. Tammy was extremely accommodating and helped me pick out the right music for the cermony and cocktail hour. We will definitely go with their service again for another event!!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Karen · Married on 10/23/2011

I knew for a long time that I wanted a string quartet to play at my wedding ceremony. However, when it came down to it, it wasn't quite in the budget. I was devistated. Then I found Antares Musicians and my dreams were fulfilled. They provided a very budget friendly string trio and played for 2 hours before and during my ceremony and afterwards at the cocktail hour. Tammy, the lead violinist and coordinator, was a joy to work with and played selections that my guests and I really enjoyed. I'm so glad that I had them as part of my special day.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Kathy · Married on 10/15/2011

We had the string and flute quartet and they were absolutely wonderful to work with. Jill, the coordinator for my event, was extremely accommodating and helpful when it came to choosing the ceremony music. When I was flustered with the endless decisions and a limited knowledge of music, she was very calming and even spoke with me on the phone about suggestions and samples that I could work from. The actual wedding was a whirlwind so I realized I didn’t hear them after the first few notes in the ceremony and I wasn’t at the cocktail hour, but my guests said that they were wonderful and unobtrusive. They really added a touch of elegance and were great to work with.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Mary · Married on 10/08/2011

Antares Musicians provided the music for both the ceremony and reception. We choose the flute, cello, and violin ensemble and were thrilled with the quality of the music, the song selections, and the "mood" the music created. The music for the ceremony was classical and the reception music was a combination of popular, show tunes, etc. Very upbeat and fun. The guests were amazed at how much fun a string ensemble could be. Jill returned my telephone calls immediately and was so patient in working out the details with me. The responsiveness of Antares and my comfort level with Jill is the reason I choose Antares over several other musicians I contacted. Their web site is outstanding. I felt so confident that Antares would make our wedding exactly what we hope it would be. The music exceeded my expectations. Many guests commented on the professionalism and quality of the music and the musicians. I highly recommend Antares. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 11/20/2011

Taylor · Married on 10/01/2011

This is an extremely professional and experienced group of musicians. I wasn't able to enjoy the music myself as I wasn't around for any prelude music or cocktail hour music of course, but I heard nothing but praise from our guests and my husband of how good they were. Tammy is very nice and easy to work with; she truly cares about her client's events! This is a vendor that I would be sure to book again if the occasion arises.

Sent on 10/04/2011