Anomalie Reviews

342 | San Francisco, CA

342 Reviews for Anomalie

Heather Goff · Married on 05/23/2020

Exceptional

The best wedding dress experience ever. They over exceeded my expectations on the vision of my dress, its gorgeous and beautiful, literally cried when I seen the sketch! Seriously choose Anomalie for your wedding dress!

Sent on 04/11/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory Krueger · Married on 05/23/2020

Custom-made wedding dress

Anomalie is great to work with, and their dresses are affordable. I was able to try dresses on at a boutique and show pictures to my stylist to create a unique dress. The dress I wanted could not be found at a bridal shop - vintage, lace, tea length, but Anomalie was able to make it no problem. My dress was also finished ahead of schedule.

Their customer service is also fantastic. All my questions and concerns were responded to immediately. I did not have to pay much for alterations, which would have been another major cost if I were to buy a dress from a shop with standard sizing.

My alteration shop told me multiple times that my dress was made with high quality fabrics, and they were impressed with the craftsmanship. Lastly, I've gotten many compliments on how beautiful my dress was.

Sent on 07/19/2020
  • Morgan

Morgan Alexandria Jacob · Married on 05/16/2020

Beautiful gown, even more beautiful venue

If you want to find a dress that’s unique, easily order your size, and feel special from start to finish, Anomalie is the best place for you. Their designers are amazing and working with their team to make my dress was a dream come true! They also had amazing pricing, and the quality was beautiful.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Morgan! We are so glad we were able to collaborate to create your own unique dress in size You. We wish you and your partner a life time of happiness!
  • Bonnie

Bonnie Worrell · Married on 05/09/2020

Proud Anomalie Bride

I would with out a doubt recommend Anomalie to every bride! This company has gone above and beyond to help me have the dress of my dreams! I’m so thankful for my dress stylist and everyone else at Anomalie! Can’t wait for June 2020!!!!

Sent on 12/10/2019

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Bonnie! We are so glad we were able to work together to bring your dream dress to life and can't wait to count down to June 2020 with you!
  • Kristen

Kristen Schurr · Married on 05/09/2020

Called Off Wedding / Great Service!

I had initially started the whole process for my wedding dress through Anomalie. I was very impressed and so excited that my long sleeve dress vision was brought to life. Unfortunately, my fiancé and I called off the wedding. When my stylist text me in regards to payment I let her know the wedding was called off. They immediately sent me a refund, no questions asked etc. I would recommend this company and hope I can use their services one day. In a stressful time Anomalie was understanding, and handled the situation perfectly.

Sent on 05/25/2020
  • Laura

Laura Welch · Married on 04/13/2020

Exceptional

I was very hesitant with going with Anomolie because I knew what I wanted. I even drew it up and sent them a sketch. They worked with it and me. Picking out the exact lace i wanted was the hardest part. Everything else was easy. I was rerrified for the waiting. Would what i want come out and fit exactly like i wanted it to. The answer was 100% yes. It was amazing and perfect.

Sent on 04/21/2020
  • Monica

Monica Sotto · Married on 04/11/2020

Gold Standard in Wedding Dresses

Anomalie helped me design my dream wedding dress, and sourced unusual requests on my behalf, like gold lace and fabricating my cape. For the price, the customization can't be beat! And I know I'm not getting something off the rack - it's lovely to own something so unique, especially for my wedding.

Sent on 12/30/2019

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Monica! We are so glad we had the perfect gold lace in stock for your dress and could design your dream cape. You look stunning in your dress!
  • Riley

Riley · Married on 04/11/2020

The Best Dress Experience Ever!

My experience with Anomalie was so wonderful I really wanted to make sure I could spread the word on them to all the future brides out there. After lots of speculation and trying on a few dresses in person, I knew Anomalie was going to make my dress dreams come true. They did just that! I loved every second of choosing every single detail from top to bottom. They sent me samples in the mail to feel and evaluate. The experience at the cost they provide is incomparable to buying a dress you settle for in a store. When I received the dress I could tell immediately the quality and love they put into every detail.

I was a picky bride, going back and forth on changing what I wanted after time passed, (instagram doesn't help blowing up your feed with different styles everyday!!) but they were so patient and willing to change what I requested every time.

After receiving the dress, trying it on was a very overwhelming experience. I really expected this amazing moment of clarity but found myself analyzing and making sure everything was there that I wanted. All the details were there, however, the fit was a bit bigger that I had to clip it in the back (I did not lose weight to that depth). When taking it to the tailor, I learned it was not an easy fix and would be quite pricey. I contacted Anomalie and they handled it right away. I'm telling you this not to bash them but to tell you as a real Anomalie bride that they are true to their word and they are really there to make your dream dress a reality from beginning to end.

Another amazing thing about Anomalie has been their communication. Going through each stage of their process behind the scenes of making the dress, receiving the dress and going through the alteration process, and then the postponement of my wedding, they have been there every step of the way. Sending thoughtful positive messages and checking in. For that alone, I am so thankful and have loved the experience even more.

I cant say enough good things about Anomalie & I highly, highly recommend. I would post photos but due to the wedding being postponed, for quite possibly another year (stupid rona), I will update later :) Special thanks to Serena, my wonderful, helpful, friendly, stylist.

Sent on 05/29/2020

Mallory Sutton · Married on 04/04/2020

The Perfect Dress!

My experience with Anomalie was simply amazing. They helped me design a dress that was so affordable and fit my personality perfectly! I felt like an absolute princess in my Anomalie gown

Sent on 06/22/2020
  • Leah

Leah Tibbs · Married on 03/21/2020

They are 100% Team Bride!!!

I was a bit nervous about going with an online company for my wedding dress, but I wanted something different and after trying on 35+ dresses, I knew I needed something different. Anomalie made it the process so easy. I'm a plus size bride and they welcomed me with open arms. I'm also not the creative type, but I was able to upload different pics which showed what I like. They work with you to bring your vision to life. Once my dress was delivered, I tried it on with my bridesmaid, wedding planner, and seamstress, and it fit like a glove. Zero alterations. 3D flowers were laid exactly how I wanted it. My dress turned out gorgeous and I could not be more happier!! Thank you so much, Anomalie, for making my dress!!!

Sent on 03/23/2020
  • Maria · Married on 03/07/2020

Best dress DIY option

I had the pleasure of meeting/talking with Anomalie and starting the dress creation process. They were so nice, and understanding and sweet. I really enjoyed every part of the process. I got up to the design part of the dress creation and found a dress in a boutique near me so I didn't finish with Anomalie. They were so understanding. I loved the process and know that my dress would have been beautiful. I still follow them on Instagram to see all the beautiful dresses they make for other girls and seeing those girls' dreams come true. If you're having a hard time finding "the perfect" dress... and find yourself loving different parts of many dresses, let Anomalie make that perfect dress for you. Start early! Communicate clearly. And trust the process.

Sent on 05/19/2019
  • Dannaca

Dannaca Ivory · Married on 02/15/2020

Incredible

Amazing experience from start to finish with Anomalie! I got to create and design my own wedding dress! My stylist Hannah was helpful from beginning to end and my dress came right on time. I was able to get alterations done just in time for my wedding. I will cherish my wedding dress forever and the fact that I not only got to design it but I designed it with my mom. I will forever be grateful to anomalie for this experience. If your considering using anomalie to craft your one of a kind wedding dress do it!!! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 03/18/2020

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Dannaca! I am so glad you were able to work with your mom to design such an important garment. You look stunning in your dress!
  • Sarah

Sarah Elizabeth Meyers · Married on 02/12/2020

Stress Free

Anomaile took the stress out of looking for a wedding dress. It was so easy to show them different things I liked from different dresses! They made a sketch of my dress and I thought that it looked amazing--hoping it looks even better in person. I wasn't let down and found it even more stunning in person. Customer service and stylists were so easy to talk to. They made me feel included every step of the way. I would recommend a million times

Sent on 02/17/2020

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Elizabeth! We love that our brides get to be so hands-on in their dress process. You look absolutely breathtaking in your dress!

Hannah · Married on 02/02/2020

Great service across the country!

I live in Texas, while this country is in San Fransico. I loved the process of designing my own dress and it was so much fun! Takes so much stress away!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Belle

Belle · Married on 01/20/2020

Dream Dress

Omg Anomalie literally brought my dream dress to life! I had a certain dress I had fallen in love with on Pinterest but the company had discontinued the line. I was at a loss until I found Anomalie. From the first call, they were super dedicated to helping me get what I wanted. At first, my family was questionable if my dress would turn out how I wanted it but it came out even better. The quality is surreal, the fact that they literally brought my dream dress from a picture to real life is beyond me. They even changed a few details because I wanted to. They also made my veil which came out beautiful as well. They also involved me throughout the entire process which was a relief since I didn't get to see it until it arrived at my doorstep! I was able to choose my fabric and lace, I felt super involved! I am so happy I chose my dress this way and would do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you Anomalie!

Sent on 05/10/2020
  • Jen

Jen N. · Married on 01/18/2020

Dream Dress

My Anomalie dress was everything I hoped for. The design process was so much fun, I loved getting my sketch and my fabric samples. Everything went so smoothly, and even my seamstress commented on the quality of the gown. I got so many compliments and I felt so beautiful. My only regret is that I didn’t get a veil from them too!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Anomalie's reply:

You look absolutely stunning, Jen! We are so glad to hear you have fun designing it and that your guests loved it. Thank you for your feedback!
  • Jaime

Jaime Hinkle · Married on 12/31/2019

Dream Come True Dress

I absolutely lived my designer and dress from Anomalie. They were incredible to work with and the process was so easy and well executed! I would never advise buying a dress in any other way! It looked like a completely different dress when bustled so it was almost as though I had two dresses for thre price of one!

Sent on 03/25/2020
  • Cody

Cody Williams · Married on 12/15/2019

Amazing dress and company!

I could not recommend Anomalie enough! They were such a responsive team, and the process of working with Anomalie was the most fun and stress-free part of my entire wedding. I could not find a dress that provided all the coverage I wanted, and there were very few dresses at a reasonable price point.

Being able to provide inspiration photos and end up with a one-of-a-kind dress was amazing. I took my own measurements and the dress fit like a glove! The Anomalie team checked in with me when needed, which was very much appreciated (especially when times started to feel more chaotic as the wedding date approached). They shipped my dress to my home in Atlanta, and helped me find a tailor when I moved with my dress to San Jose (for very small details).

Thank you Anomalie, and future brides - you will not regret going with this company for your dress!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Cody! We are so glad we were able to stay in close communication and help provide you with tailor recommendations near you. You look stunning in your dress!
  • Rachael

Rachael Fernandez · Married on 12/14/2019

My dream dress on a budget!

My experience with Anomalie was amazing. From the beginning, I received excellent, personalized, customer service, and frequent communication about the process as my dress was being made. I was able to get exactly what I wanted in a dress at the same price as a big bridal chain, far below any boutique salon, and have it turn out beautifully. Since the dress was custom made to my body, it needed minimal alterations after it arrived as well. I would recommend Anomalie to any bride!

Sent on 05/09/2020

Kate Carlin · Married on 12/07/2019

The perfect dress for the perfect day

As soon as I got engaged a dress company called Anomalie popped up on my facebook for custom made wedding dresses.

After doing some research I was a little torn as someone who is bigger in size did I go try on dresses knowing there might not be a huge selection for me? Or did I make a custom dress and lose out on the experience of trying on dresses with mom/grandma/MOH & BM’s?

After getting my dress from Anomalie I knew I made the right choice. Everything about the entire process was SO easy and fun.

The customer service was amazing, the price was perfect and it was so cool seeing all the progress and being able to take things I loved from mutiple dresses and have it come to life in my dress.

Absolutely reccomend to anyone!

Sent on 02/21/2020

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Kate! We are so glad you chose the custom route and hope you were still able to have special moments throughout the process with your mom, grandma, MOH and BM's. You look stunning in your dress!
  • Linda

Linda Nguyen · Married on 12/01/2019

#ProBride is right!

This company showed up on my facebook feed long before I got engaged. I followed their instagram because I knew that I was going to go with them after reading their mission. I could not justify spending that much money on a dress and then CUTTING OFF a lot of material just to make it fit (I'm top heavy and very short). Like every bride, I did have reservations about the process but Anomalie is truly an amazing company and you should all stop shopping.
    My dress came earlier than expected. There was an issue with the the dress when I received but Katrina and Serena came up with a solution. Most companies would wash their hand of the situation but they are #PROBRIDE. I picked up my dress today from the tailor and it is gorgeous. Even though it is customize to my body, alterations are absolutely necessary to make the dress MY dress. Pictures to come after December 1st.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your honest feedback, Linda! We know we are not a traditional process but we love that we get to make dresses that fit brides, no matter their height. We are so excited to see photos from your big day!
  • Johannah

Johannah · Married on 11/30/2019

Prospective Custom Dress

I cannot say enough about how Anomalie and Liz were so helpful during my dress buying journey. Not only did they guide me though the Anomlie process, but they also encouraged me to shop around to solidify exactly what I wanted in a dress. Their helpfulness and care led me to finding my dream dress in a local boutique. Though I didn’t design a dress with Anomalie, I want to encourage any bride who is considering creating a custom dress to reach out to them! If you want a pressure free, uplifting custom dress experience (that’s budget friendly), Anomalie is the place to go!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/24/2019

My dream dress

I was very nervous at first to get a dress that I had never seen in person but after a lot of stalking of their instagram account, I am so happy I moved forward! They made it so easy from the very beginning. My stylist and I discussed the feel of the wedding and what I liked and disliked. I tried on a ton of dresses in stores but never found THE ONE, I liked aspects from a bunch of them. So I got photos of each and uploaded them and other inspiration photos in my portal and very soon after I had a BEAUTIFUL sketch of my dress. We made some adjustments along the way and I got to pick every aspect from the fabric to the lace to the beading, how it closed, how long the train was, EVERYTHING. I sent them my measurements which I opted to have taken by the seamstress who would do my bustle and minor alterations. They were even able to sew in cups so I didn't have to worry about undergarments. They sent photos of each stage of the creation of the dress which was so comforting. We got to make minor changes while it was in muslin before it was fully constructed. It arrived earlier than expected which was amazing because my mom doesn't live in the same state and the original delivery date was 3 days after she left. I had 10 days after receipt to let them know if anything was not correct but that was not needed because it was PERFECT. I had a few minor alterations dont around the arms and to shorten it to match my heels but all of that plus the bustle was under $150. Even with the veil that I added on to match, the cost of the dress was over $600 less then some of the ones I was looking at in stores and it was perfectly made to my body and my liking! I HIGHLY reccomend them!!!

Sent on 05/01/2020
  • Charron

Charron Lujan · Married on 11/23/2019

Anomalie is amazing!

Anomalie is a GREAT company. When I was dress shopping I couldn’t find anything I liked. I had a specific vision in my head and nothing at the stores was right. After going to 8 (yes 8) different stores I did an online search for custom dress making options. I came across Anomalie and figured it couldn’t hurt to give them a call. (Your first call is free with no strings attached.) After my first call I knew I had made the right decision. They listened to everything I wanted and let me have total creative freedom. When I got my first sketch I could not stop smiling. I got updates throughout the whole process and my dress arrived right on time as promised and I couldn’t believe how perfect it was. My dress had boning, glitter tulle, a crystal belt, lace appliqué AND pockets. My dress was nothing easy but it came out PERFECT. Not to mention the price was so affordable. Anything similar I tried on in stores was over $3,000. I spent half of that and it is one of a kind. I will forever be thankful for Anomalie and recommend them to all of my friends. Thank you Anomalie for making my dreams come true!!!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Erica

Erica Huhta · Married on 11/16/2019

My dream dress for the right price

I worked with Anomalie to create the perfect dress for my wedding. I knew what I had liked in other dresses, but hadn't found something that had what I wanted for a reasonable price. The team did a great job helping to design my dress, and they kept me in the loop through the whole process. They even sent fabric samples to me to make sure that I was getting what I wanted. The whole process from start to finish took under 5 months. My dress was exactly what I wanted, and I felt so beautiful on our wedding day.

Sent on 02/16/2020

Anomalie's reply:

Thank you for your feedback, Erica! We are so glad you were able to see and select your fabric in person and create your dream dress for a reasonable price. You look absolutely stunning in your dress!