Anne Lord Photography Reviews

Anne Lord Photography 5
Anne Lord Photography 6
Anne Lord Photography 7

Stephanie · Married on 06/14/2012

The photos are the most important part of the wedding since the day goes by so fast. I let my husband pick the photographer since he enjoys photography himself and had more of an idea what to look for. We could not be more happy with our pictures. That is saying a lot because I rarely like pictures of myself. Anne is a pleasure to work with and I can't give her enough stars for responsiveness (we usually got an email back within minutes of sending them).

Sent on 10/14/2012

Jennifer · Married on 05/19/2012

Anne Lord is an outstanding photographer with a great talent for capturing all of the memories/moments that occurred throughout my wedding! Her high quality work will ensure that I remember EVERYTHING from my wedding for the rest of my life. She is wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 06/04/2012

We are so pleased that we decided to go with Anne Lord Photography for our wedding. Jeremy and his assistant James were absolutely fantastic! We decided after our first meeting with Jeremy and Anne that we did not need to look at anyone else for a photographer. Their professionalism and quality of work really stood out to us. Jeremy paid a lot of attention to detail, and captured so many amazing shots even in a challenging space. My guests are still amazed at how many photos were taken at our wedding! We highly recommend using Anne and Jeremy for any event!

Sent on 07/27/2012

Jen · Married on 05/11/2012

If you are looking for a top notch photographer look no further! My husband and I have some close friends that used Anne as their wedding photographer and I loved their photos. After seeing how amazing their photos turned out , to have Anne take our photos was a no brainer. The package that we chose included engagement photos that Anne takes on her property which is absolutely beautiful. Just seeing how she pays attention to the littlest details I knew that we were in good hands. Anne was so easy to get in touch with and made planning fun. On the day of the wedding we were running a little behind and Anne was wonderful, she never got flustered and kept everything moving smooth. We had a rowdy group of groomsmen and bridesmaids and Anne kept the photos fun for everyone. Our photos were available online within a week of the wedding. Everyone that has seen our photos tells me how beautiful they are and how much I love the camera…..which is actually funny because I hate getting my photo taken. We just picked up our wedding album and I absolutely love it!! The one thing I said during the planning process of the wedding is that I really wanted a great photographer because the photos are one thing that we will have forever to look at and remember our day. I am so happy that we went with Anne and you will be too. If you are looking for a great professional photographer I highly recommend Anne!

Sent on 08/05/2012

Shara · Married on 04/21/2012

I met Anne through my friend that also used her for her wedding and Anne has been my favorite vendor to work with. I was looking for someone that was a professional photographer full time, she lived up to every expection! She offers a free engagement photo shoot with the contract which was great to use for Save the Dates. One of her best selling features to me was if in the case of rain on the wedding day, she would do a make up session at her house after the wedding. My wedding was in April, so there is a good chance of rain. Thankfully, I didn't need to do a make up session, but knowing that I would get the pictures either way was a huge reflief for me. She is always quick to respond to emails and is easy to work with your schedule. I can't say enough good things about her, she is definitely the best photogrpaher around!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/31/2012

Anne Lord is a professional in every sense of the word. She meets with you and stays in touch to ensure your desires are met. She gives 100% to make sure you are pleased with your photos. I never once worried about our wedding photos after seeing the quality of her work with our engagement pictures. Her turnaround time is FAST and she gives guests to your event quick access to photos in case they would like to purchase for themselves. Thank you Anne!

Sent on 04/05/2012

Elizabeth Ann · Married on 12/31/2011

Having viewed a number of photographer's websites I was particularly pleased to come across the work of Anne Lord. A quality of understated elegance and intimacy pervades her images and reflected the style I hoped would be seen in my photos as well. Meeting Anne prior to my wedding, gave me the confidence that not only professionally, but personally she would enhance our wedding day with her talent and personality, which she did. Anne is a lovely person who put both my husband and me at ease, as she produced a wonderful documentation of our wedding day to be treasured the rest of our lives.

Sent on 01/10/2012

Andrew · Married on 12/17/2011

Anne Lord's photography is beautiful. What drew us to her was her natural ability to capture the moments of our wedding day, as we often found other photographers were great at the portraits but lacked in actually catching the emotions in the events of the day. On the actual wedding day, we worked with both Anne and her assistant Brian, which allowed us to get a broader range of angles in our photos than just one photographer would have. Anne posted our photos within days of our wedding (friends and family had already seen them by the time we returned from our honeymoon). Anne was also extremely flexible and generous with us when we asked to change our wedding album completely at the last minute, even though it was divergent from our original contract. We are so excited by our final album! Anne is easy to work with and extremely pleasant, which made things go smoothly on our wedding day, for our engagement photo sessions and handling all our questions in between. She is extremely responsive to emails and phone calls. We highly recommend her, as she is well worth the money and we couldn't be happier with our photos!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Mary · Married on 11/05/2011

Anne was definitely our favorite vendor! As other reviewers noted, she is SUPER responsive! She always got back to our emails very quickly, and of course it was great to be able to see all our proofs online in less than a week! She is a top notch professional, and definitely gives her clients the sense that she cares about them and their vision of their wedding. She was very flexible but also provided her honest advice from years of experience which we valued. I did not want someone to just say 'Yes' to all my requests if it was not a good idea.

She is truly an artist and her photos speak for themselves. I felt that her style allowed her to capture traditional elegance from some more modern angles/poses. We definitely had the standard posed family/bridal party shots, but she really captured the emotions of the day in some of the more candid photos. She was even able to get pictures of my parents smiling (they NEVER smile in photos)!

We will always have beautiful photos to remember our day. Thank you Anne!

Sent on 04/26/2012

Claire · Married on 10/22/2011

Anne and her assistant Jeremy were wonderful! She's a photographer by trade, so this isn't something she just does on the weekends for an extra buck. She really knows what she's doing, and you can tell in the quality of the pictures. I've shown them to several people, who have all commented how beautiful the photos came out. She had really interesting ideas for shots, and I love all of the 'Details' photos. The photos were online seriously two days later, which is even earlier than originally promised. We also got the photobooth through her, and if you weren't considering getting one before, GET ONE. It was without a doubt the highlight of the whole night. EVERYONE loved it, and we have loads of fantastic pictures in the guest book now (they print out in duplicate, and one copy goes in your guest book for people to sign). That is the #1 thing people talked to me about after the wedding: how much fun the photobooth was. Plus, compared to other photographers in the area, she was a fantastic value. I couldn't believe what we paid for what we got. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Anne and her team to anyone. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/28/2011

Margaret · Married on 10/09/2011

Anne Lord was FANTASTIC for our wedding! I know 5/5 stars seems a bit extreme, but in this case, it is well deserved.

Planning my wedding from out of town/my mom's assistance, Anne could not have been more kind, understanding, and flexible. We had to change our appointment times, information about 100 times, and Anne could not have been any kinder.

She immediately put my (now) husband and I at ease the moment we met her at her gallery, and it was a great working relationship ever since.

I would gladly use Anne again and would happily refer to a friend. If you want a photographer that is professional, extremely responsive, and is pleasant to be around, Anne is your photographer.

Sent on 11/22/2011

Heather · Married on 10/01/2011

Anne was absolutely wonderful to work with. Our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos turned out beautifully. She is very professional and very responsive. I never had to wait more than a few hours for a response to an e-mail.

We had awful weather the day of our wedding and were not able to get as many posed photos as we would have liked. As a result, Anne has so wonderfully given us another opportunity for another shoot as bride and groom so we can add to our memories.

We never noticed her at the wedding. She kept herself out of view and still captured all of the best moments. We were also shocked when our photos were online to view just days after the wedding!

Anne is well worth the investment as your photographer. Definitely one of the easiest vendors to work with!

Sent on 10/07/2011

L · Married on 09/24/2011

Anne did a phenomenal job photographing our wedding. She was also incredibly accommodating and I really felt like she was looking out for us and taking care of us as her clients. A lot of vendors change after you sign a contract, if anything Anne only became more generous and happy to go the extra mile as time went on. The quality of our pictures is great - there are so many great shots it's hard to choose the best ones for an album! We didn't have time to do an engagement shoot, usually part of Anne's package, and doing that is the one thing that may have made our shots better by making us more comfortable from the get-go with individual portraits, but even without that we eventually warmed up and once the day had begun everything was natural anyhow. Anne is very low-impact, she doesn't interfere with your celebration or ceremony but manages to get the shots. She doesn't really take charge in a bossy way, which is mostly good, but if you have a large family or a large bridal party you might want to appoint someone to move the bodies and really help make sure there are good poses with the families and various other folks, particularly if you're squeezing in shots between the ceremony and the reception (maybe that's good to do regardless of your photographer, but I didn't think of it). Anne's prices are much better than others in the area, and she gives you much more for what you pay. I would hire her again in a heartbeat and would recommend her to any of my friends or family without hesitation. If she's free on your wedding date, book her!

Sent on 10/19/2011

Diana · Married on 09/17/2011

We met with a few photographers before deciding and loved Anne and Jeremy - they are very professional, kind, and their work is beautiful. Anne was already booked for our date, but she said she had one other lead photographer, Jeremy. We met with Jeremy and knew we were going to book him. He was fantastic, really funny, and you can't tell the difference between Anne's photos versus Jeremy's. We had a really good time with him and were so glad he did our wedding. Jeremy also had an assistant with him, James, who was great too. We hardly noticed Jeremy or James the entire evening, but they took sooo many great pictures and really did tell the story of the day. They really covered all aspects of the wedding and I couldn't have asked for better photos. They are true professionals and their quality is unmatched and prices are fair. You should definitely book with Anne or Jeremy - you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 01/07/2012
  • W

Bill · Married on 09/17/2011

We had met Anne at one of the Bridal shows. There were probably a total of 6 other photographers at this show. She had the best portfolio by far compared to the other photographers. Other vendors had what I considered bad quality in their prints; some seem to like to use the “journalistic” or edgy type of photos that are popular. (Really people, it’s a wedding not the 2011 Egyptian Revolution)
    Anne’s photo’s have a nice balance of traditional wedding along with nice artful composition that made use of the textures and scenery available at the venues. She also has had a ton of experience shooting weddings in the DC metro area, and knows the best way to shoot most of the popular wedding venues. Just ask her!
    My wife and I had preferences on the photos we wanted taken and what we liked and Anne listened and remembered our requests and instructions. During the session her and her assistant were non-obtrusive and got great photos. After the ceremony during the family photos, Anne quickly factored in my parents special needs (they are in their mid-eighties and handicapped) and she kept everything on schedule. If you are a person that wants to have the best wedding photos without having to worry about great quality, then Anne Lord is the best choice.

Sent on 03/28/2012
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2011

Anne was absolutely wonderful to work with! My husband does not like taking pictures what so ever and she did such a great job of making him & everyone else feel very comfortable throughout the day. We couldn't be happier with the way things went. Anne did an amazing job with our pictures, we love them! Everyone commented on how much they enjoyed her & Chris. Anne was very repsonsive throughout the entire process and we had a lot of questions. I would highly recommend Anne she does an excellent job! We can't wait to see our album!!!

Sent on 11/01/2011

Megan · Married on 09/10/2011

Anne was absolutely wonderful! She was great to work with at all times during the "process". I was looking for someone who was responsible, affordable, took beautiful photos, and left me nothing to worry about on my wedding day - she did all of that!

The engagement pictures were done very early and after we saw those, my husband and I knew we made the right choice. As for the wedding day, she was able to capture every moment. She was taking photos as soon as I walked into my venue and was able to tell the story of the day. I was looking for someone who also could direct my family for pictures and she did a great job.

I got so many complements from my friends and family before and after the wedding about how she conducted herself during the wedding (people wishing they had a more proactive photographer for their wedding) and after the wedding I had my pictures almost immediately when other people I knew who had gotten married the same day still have not seen all of their photos more than a month later!

I would highly recommend Anne to anyone who wants to have amazing photos of their wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2011

Lesley · Married on 09/03/2011

My husband and I used Lord Henry's photobooth service for our wedding and it was the biggest hit! From day one, contracting and communication were seamless. On the big day, set-up was perfect and our guests LOVED the photobooth. It was great entertainment and really complemented the joyous occasion. We used the props and guestbook option and now have a very memorable guestbook with wonderful photos that really highlight our family and friend's personality. Anne Lord and her team really made this easy and couldn't have been more courteous and helpful. We highly recommend it!

Sent on 02/23/2012

Suzanne · Married on 08/07/2011

We could not be more thrilled with the amazing memories captured by Anne. She is a true professional, a gifted artist and a pleasure to work with. A close second in importance to her incredible talent, is her ability to keep everyone focused during what can easily become a hectic day. Once the traditional wedding photos were taken, Anne and her assistant photographer spent the evening capturing so many wonderful candid memories we would have missed seeing otherwise. A true gift!

Sent on 08/12/2011

Erika · Married on 07/09/2011

It is hard to put into words how wonderful Anne is. She was recommended to us by a friend, and when we met her, we knew right away that she was the right photographer for us. She is friendly, organized, professional, responsive to e-mails, and she takes great pictures. She was very upfront about her services, and she has many different wedding packages to choose from. Upon completing the contract you get the rights to your photos which, from what I understand, does not happen with all photographers. The guests at my wedding enjoyed having pictures taken by Anne and loved the results. She takes classy, elegant photos in different settings, poses, etc. You cannot go wrong with Anne if you are looking for someone to visually capture your wedding!

Sent on 07/24/2011

Kati · Married on 06/24/2011

Anne is awesome!! You can't go wrong choosing her for your wedding photography. She took beautiful photos for our engagement session, and there are so many amazing pictures from our wedding day that it has been really hard to choose the ones we want in our album. Anne is really professional and responsive, and i was very impressed that she was able to capture some beautiful moments of the ceremony without being invasive. She knew how to get the shots she wanted quickly which was great. Pick Anne! you will not regret it!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2011

Anne did a wonderful job with our wedding photography. We were pleased with every photo that was taken and are having trouble picking from so many good ones for our album. She knows exactly how to get the best shots for both candid and formal pictures and all the details as well. She was very responsive to all emails and questions leading up to the wedding and made the process very enjoyable for both of us.

Sent on 06/23/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2011

Anne is a pleasure to work with. Not only does she take gorgeous pictures, but she is very accommodating and works around limitations to deliver you the most exquisite images to capture every detail of your day. My husband is not one who loves to take pictures, but Anne was able to make him feel comfortable and smile, that in itself is a miracle!

Sent on 06/03/2011

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2011

Sent on 06/20/2011

Diana · Married on 05/28/2011

Anne Lord is wonderful. The photos from the wedding look amazing and I couldn't be happier. She is so professional and so nice. I didn't want a full engagement session, so we opted for an engagement portrait and she added an extra hour to our time. She's very flexible and will create a package that meets your needs. I got copies of all the photos after the wedding so i can reprint and make my own album. They are spectacular.

Sent on 06/22/2011