Anne Lord Photography Reviews

Anne Lord Photography 6
Anne Lord Photography 7
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/07/2013

My husband and I truly enjoyed working with Anne Lord Photography for our wedding. Anne is a wonderful business owner - very professional, and has a lovely personality. She was helpful in the planning stages - all the way up to the day before the wedding. Her second photographer, Jeremy took our photographs on the day-of. Jeremy is also very professional and was extremely comfortable to work with. He is very personable. Jeremy made it so easy for the two of us to relax and not focus so much on the camera(s). He truly captured everything! Anne took my bridal portraits at her studio. She made me feel so beautiful in front of the camera. She really listens to your ideas - on what kind of "look" you want from your portraits, but she also provides a lot of suggestions which is helpful.

Our wedding photographs are so beautiful - we have them framed all throughout our home. So many of our guests comment on how beautiful they turned out. We will contract with Anne Lord Photography for family portraits, etc. in the future.

Thank you so much, Anne and Jeremy. Our wedding was magical, and you captured all of the beauty of our special day!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Julie · Married on 08/31/2013

Anne did an absolutely WONDERFUL job! She was just incredible to work with. I was a little bit slow in booking Anne Lord Photography, so by the time I did, Anne herself was already booked for another wedding. We trusted her when she said she had two really great staff members to cover our wedding - Jeremy and James. And she was right, they were great!! Anne was actually kind enough to offer to come do the getting ready shots at my parents house, while Jeremy and James handled the wedding photos. All of the pictures are incredible, and they took a ton! Not only were Jeremy and James incredibly professional, but our guests continue to tell us how nice and personable they were.

The entire package was great and very affordable, ESPECIALLY considering what we got with the package -- engagement photos, a full day of wedding coverage, wallet-sized engagement photos handed out at the wedding so guests could order wedding prints online, a thumb drive with all of the wedding photos, and a slide show..... we are very happy and highly recommend Anne Lord Photography to all of the other brides-to-be out there!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Bride: I was really happy with them. They are very particular and pay attention to detail. One thing, they will hand out small photos of you and your soon-to-be-spouse at the reception from the engagement shoot. It was a lovely wedding favor. Jeremy, our lead, was amazing. He was really funny and kept us laughing. Our guests liked them too, we actually had a few say so as well. The final result was very good. Anne uses a great design company and the spreads were fantastic. The final album was also very nice. We both recommend them. You will be very pleased!

Groom: We had two photographers, Jeremy and James. Jeremy (the lead) was very personable. He made us feel at ease. With two, we each got our own photographer. I was able to have photos of my morning before the ceremony. I was very happy with the albums, they were of excellent quality.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Rob · Married on 08/03/2013

Anne was absolutely phenomenal to work with. She first did our engagement session and then our wedding. Both her and her assistant were extremely professional at all times. We had some special requests due to my mothers medial condition and Anne was able to meet those needs without any problems at all. The quality of the images is just incredible and we can not wait to get our albums.

Sent on 08/07/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/27/2013

Anne is amazing to work with. She is so talented and will provide you with a truly exceptional experience! I would highly recommend her to anyone planning their wedding. She is such a professional. Brian was also fantastic. I have nothing but positive comments for Anne!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Not only does Anne take lovely pictures, she ges them back to you at lightning speed :) we had all of them in 6 days! She also brought along another photographer to assist her, and he was also amazing. The guys loved having him around! Our pictures are gorgeous and we will always cherish them - thanks, Anne!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Tracey · Married on 07/06/2013

Anne Lord was recommended to us by another photographer who was unavailable to do our wedding and boy did we get lucky! In addition to the phenomenal job that Jeremy and James did at our wedding (the photos were great, their personalities were upbeat and energetic and very professional) Anne herself was very hands on. She was extremely responsive to all phone calls and emails and so easy to work with. The icing on the cake for us was the fact that all of the photographers that we interviewed indicated that they would not have our pictures ready for several weeks following our wedding - Anne had them online the following Wednesday. And as part of her services she sent a cd and thumb drive with all of our pictures and a wonderful slideshow of our wedding to us within weeks. We were so pleased with Anne's services and highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Anne and Brian did an amazing job leading up to the wedding, the big day itself and after the wedding. Anne will meet with you to discuss exactly what you want and how best to implement your vision.

The day of, Anne and Brian were on time and very professional. Anne made sure that my husband and I were comfortable and got all the pictures we wanted done in a timely manner so we could go enjoy ourselves. During the ceremony and reception, Anne and Brian blended into the background and you were only aware of them when there was a photo opportunity such as cutting the cake. Before they left, they checked to make sure nothing was missed.

I would highly recommend Anne to anyone who is looking for get pictures on a budget!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/22/2013

Anne was a pleasure to work with. I met with one other photographer about a year before our wedding and she did not try to discourage me from bridal portraits which are a southern tradition. She offered an engagement shoot with the photos to get to know the couple before the wedding day which was great. We were planning to do those anyways so to have it all included was nice. She was very responsive to emails, and would help me with any questions I had. She loves animals and was great when we decided to bring our dog to the outdoor reception area of our wedding. I would defintely recommend her for weddings or any other photography needs.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Anne Lord was of the highest caliber of professionalism before, during and post wedding! We were fortunate to have Jeremy and James photograph the pre-wedding, wedding and reception. And even though Anne had another engagement later in the day, she came to photograph the girls getting ready! The photos are spectacular and we are now working with her to create albums.
    June 1, 2013 Wedding

Sent on 08/21/2013

Megan · Married on 06/15/2013

I chose Anne Lord to complete both my engagement photos and wedding photos. I could not have made a better decision! Anne is one of the sweetest, down to earth, extremely professional people I have ever met. After the initial meeting with Anne at her home, my husband and I were immediately convinced that she was the photographer for us. It seemed like she totally “got us” and knew exactly what I wanted without even having to fully explain ourselves. We immediate booked her on the spot for our June wedding. I was a Bride that loved pictures, I wanted so many and wanted a photographer that wouldn’t let me down. Anne fully exceeded my expectations. She was very organized prior to the wedding and asked for a list of every additional photo I wanted to have taken and made a checklist for herself so she wouldn’t forget. One thing I loved about Anne and her staff was that you never knew they were there taking pictures. They blended into the wedding and reception so well but were able to produce over 1000 pictures. Every time I contacted Anne, she was almost immediate to respond and never had me worried once. Anne will not disappoint any future bride and will be sure to give you photos that you will love and cherish for the rest of your life!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Laura · Married on 06/13/2013

Seriously, 5 stars isn't enough. Anne Lord Photography was wonderful!!! We had a GREAT experience. They were fun to work with and so professional. My two best friends had Anne Lord take their wedding photos too and we ALL LOVE our wedding pictures. On your wedding day, you want everything to be perfect. Having multiple photographers ensured that every special moment was captured beautifully. They worked so hard. They were never in the way, yet somehow were always there to capture each moment of our wedding day. So talented... I highly recommend Anne Lord. Brides who are reading this, you can now check, "FIND A PHOTOGRAPHER" off your to do list. :)

Sent on 07/12/2013

Jessica · Married on 06/01/2013

Anne Lord did our engagement and wedding photos. We couldn't be happier. She and Brian were great. And the photos came out amazing. My favorite thing that she did was something i had not asked for or seen before, she took individual pictures of everyone/couples at the reception. This was a huge surprise and gift because we could see everyone being happy and enjoying themselves on our wedding day. And had a photo to include in our thank you notes to everyone who attended. I have been at several weddings and none of the other photographers have done that.

She also was great at finding the perfect setting for pictures. We have some beautiful impromptu photos that i will cherish forever because of Anne and Brian's creativity. i dot know how she gets some of the photos she does but she is definitely worth booking.

Apart from her great photography talent Anne was early to our house to get a feel for the place and was courteous and organized. Her package and pricing is very reasonable you get a lot for your money. I was very happy with the results.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Renee · Married on 05/25/2013

Anne was spectacular! We couldn't have been more pleased with her attention to detail, flexibility, professionalism and photos - yes the photos - were terrific. She and her crew captured not only the expected moments, but those special moments when the subject wasn't looking at the camera.
    Those are the most treasured pictures because they communicate the anticipation, joy and happiness of the event. Her turn-around time for posting photos is impressive and most appreciated. I would definitely contract her (and have) for other work. She does a beautiful job for photography used for businesses, school brochures and marketing materials.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Kristen · Married on 04/06/2013

Anne was incredible to work with! She was so much fun to be with from start to finish and she is the consummate professional, too. She got to know us on a personal level even before our engagement pictures, so she put us totally at ease in front of the camera. More importantly, my husband and I are thrilled with the way the photos turned out. Pick Anne--you will be glad you did!

Sent on 04/18/2013

Kristine · Married on 10/27/2012

Hiring Anne to be our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions my husband and I made. We interviewed about a dozen wedding photographers in the DC, VA, and MD area and none was as flexible, honest, organized and responsive as Anne was. In short, she was everything a bride could ever hope for when looking for a professional photographer.

We didn't have a wedding planner as I was trying to cut costs and I'm glad I didn't hire one because Anne was so organized and efficient that she basically moved the timing of events along. The one thing that I really like about her is that she responds quickly with any email/questions I may have. Her pricing was also better than a lot of other professional wedding photographers in the area (considering that she's been a pro at this, we were actually surprised that she didn't charge more).

After our wedding, we had a hard time choosing our photos for our slideshow and it took me a while to get back to her. She was patient with me throughout the process and advised me well on how I should go about choosing my photos. I love our DVD slideshow from Anne more than the video we got from our videographer. Go with Anne, you'll never regret it.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2012

Anne Lord's skill as a photographer is superb and her professionalism was top notch. When I first saw examples of her work, I knew that we wanted to book her for our fall wedding. Anne works with a 2nd photographer and between the two of them, there are over 1000 wonderful photos from our recent Oct 2012 wedding. Anne's basic package includes an engagement session (using her property in Reston, VA as a backdrop) which helped my husband and I become more comfortable in front of the camera. I'm excited to work with Anne to create a wedding album of our dreams. I would highly recommend Anne Lord Photography to any one in the greater Washington, DC area.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Angela · Married on 10/20/2012

My experience working with Anne Lord Photography has been everything I expected out of professional photographers. For our wedding day, our photographers were Jeremy and James who provided the best service and went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect. They showed up early to the Chapel, were prepared with extra equipment, worked well with my wedding guests, and were extremely professional during my ceremony and throughout the evening. I had several comments from my guests that Jeremy and James were great photographers and they worked very well with each other. Prior to our wedding day, we had an engagement session with Jeremy which gave us a chance to talk about logistics for the day and expectations. It really helps to make the day-of go smoothly. Additionally, I had a bridal portrait session with Anne in her studio and thoroughly enjoyed the chance to have a trial-run in my dress. I would highly recommend Anne's services to those around me and will certainly work with her in the future when I'm interested in more photo sessions!

Sent on 12/14/2012

A · Married on 10/13/2012

Anne was so wonderful and professional to work with before, during and after our wedding ceremony and reception. We were impressed with the time she spent with us during our initial meeting, as well as the engagement photo session. She set up a perfect timeline for our wedding day and captured all of our special moments. All of the photos were absolutely gorgeous! Anne's 2nd photographer, Jeremy, was excellent to work with and extraordinarily talented, as well. We highly recommend Anne Lord Photography!

Sent on 10/28/2012

Sara · Married on 10/07/2012

I was an out of state bride and found out about Anne Lord Photography from the church I was having my wedding at. They had been impressed by her and was the only recommendation they gave me. I was not disappointed. When we were briefly in town a couple of months before, she shot an engagement session. And then for the wedding day, she was great. The pictures are wonderful and you can tell she knows what she is doing and has lots of experience on what to shoot, how to shoot it and how to make things look better. I could not be more pleased by the pictures she took and know my husband and our families and friends will enjoy these for years to come.

Sent on 10/29/2012

I highly recommend Anne! My husband and I knew we wanted her to be our photographer the instant we met her. Not only are our photographs beautiful, but she is such a pleasure to work with. She is organized, professional, responsive, experienced, patient, and fun! She also takes a lot of pride in her art and works so hard to make sure your pictures are beautiful and you have the shots you want. Also, her prices are very reasonable, especially since it includes a complimentary engagement session. Speaking of which, I brought my dog to the engagement session and Anne was so sweet to her and patient as my dog ran around the place. Thank you for everything, Anne!

Sent on 10/28/2012

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2012

I Love Anne and her work. And her assistants!
    To start off, my husband does not like his picture taken. When we did our engagement shoot we got to practice and he, though still not excited about it, was the most comfortable in front of the camera that I've ever seen... and Anne coached him gently so he felt like he was "doing a good job."
    On our big day, we had a potential bump in the road-- a heavy storm (tornado was sighted!) that blocked one of her assistants and at one point the hotel had a power outage... but despite the dark weather and time crunch once the assistant arrived they were still able get all of the GORGEOUS photos we wanted before the ceremony and we still had time to spare before walking down the aisle.
    Anne was also able to corral easily distracted family members (grown up and children!) and elegantly take charge when needed to get great photos and keep the timeline moving.

We love all of the pictures. Both my husband and I enjoyed taking photos with Anne and her assistant(s) and aside from our individual portraits and formal shots, we don't remember seeing them around the room at all! They fit right in with the guests and they do their best to document everyone at the party. I told Anne they were like photography ninjas!
    (and she also stayed late with her assistnt to make up the time lost in the beginning, even though it was completely out of their control and they still got everything done as planned!)

Finally, Anne hands out wallet size photos of your engagement photos at the reception so the guests have instructions on how to view the photos. And they are up FAST!!! definitely faster than she promised.

I recommend Anne Lord Photography to everyone! She is a true pro.

-Amanda

Sent on 09/14/2012
  • User2076377 · 2+ years ago

You can't go wrong with Anne. The many, many 5-star reviews on this website are a testament to the uniformly positive experiences brides have had with her. Perhaps what still could use highlighting, though, is just how good a value Anne's services is. With Anne, you get top-notch photography, gorgeous prints, and at a cost that is much more reasonable than many if not most photographers in the DC area. Though my now-husband may be one of the most photo-phobic people she ever worked with, Anne managed to make him as comfortable in front of the camera as I've ever seen. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Kristen · Married on 07/14/2012

Anne and her assistant did a wonderful job. We met Anne in advance and did our engagement photos with her and were very pleased. We also booked a photo booth through Anne. That was a huge hit with our guests and we are still receiving compliments. Anne and her assistant took well over 2000 photos during the wedding and had them available for viewing shortly after the wedding. She handed out wallet size photos from our engagement photos to our guests during the reception with the website and password so guests can view our wedding photos. I loved this. It alleviates the pressure of having everyone asking you about pictures. Another wonderful quality about Anne is her kindness and personality. While she is very professional and is strict to keeping you on your timeline (you will appreciate this, trust me)she truly is a fantastic photographer who captures wonderful shots. We are beyond pleased with our photos. One additional note, Anne offers a guest book which she uses photos from your engagement session. It was a unique idea that we loved and a great way to have photos in a book with great memories from our special day

Sent on 09/02/2012

Betsy · Married on 06/23/2012

Anne Lord's talent is amazing, we are so happy with our photographs from our June 23, 2012 wedding! Our wedding was done in a historic the historic church in Leesburg and her photos captured this perfectly with no details left out! Our reception at the Oatlands Plantation was the perfect backdrop for both candid and spontanious shots. The quality and professionalism, attention to detail and responsiveness were so impressive. A++++ job!!

Sent on 07/09/2012