Anne Lord Photography Reviews

217 Reviews for Anne Lord Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Anne Lord Photography 1
Anne Lord Photography 2

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Anne and her team for our wedding. They were incredibly professional, very timely (uploaded our wedding photos online within 3 days!), and most importantly took great pictures. Our guests even commented about how much they loved our photographers because they were so friendly and managed to be everywhere at the wedding without being in anyone's way. I would absolutely recommend Anne Lord Photography to other brides!

Sent on 09/01/2014

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Anne was so easy to work with. She is such a nice and genuine person. Anne's work is amazing!! Anne and her team were great to work with and they did a terrific job on the day of our wedding! She knew exactly what to do and how to organize everyone so we got in every picture we wanted! She is so professional and made our day even more special. She was very responsiveness during the planning process and arrived on time the day of the wedding and got right to work. She was recommended to me by two friends who used Anne Lord Photography for their weddings and we are thrilled we went with her!

Thank you Anne for your amazing work, stunning pictures and making the wedding planning easier on our part!

Ally & Sam

Sent on 08/14/2014

Eleanore · Married on 07/05/2014

Anne Lord Photography was amazing! We have used her services for three major sessions: engagement, grandparents/granddaughter, and wedding. We were so impressed with Anne and the quality of the images from the first session that we scheduled an additional session with my daughter and her grandparents. In addition to quality, Anne was very flexible. Because the wedding was so busy, we forgot to include our baby daughter in some of the family group pictures. Anne photoshopped our daughter in the picture so she would be included in the memories. Most importantly, Anne is very patient and hard working. Weddings are stressful affairs, and she was very responsive to my e-mails. Our wedding pictures were online in less than a week after the wedding. She also finished and sent our albums less than 6 weeks after the wedding! We will be scheduling her services again for our daughter's first birthday.

Thank you, Anne!! I highly recommend Anne Lord Photopgrahy :)

Sent on 08/17/2014

Anne's photos are completely stunning. I can't help but smile every time I look through them! She was so easy to work with on the day of the wedding, and she always knew exactly what to do to take a great picture. What's more, we had a major request for multiple family photos at the reception, and even though we knew it would be complicated, she pulled it off!

During the planning process, she never let 24 hours go by without answering an email. In fact, I was so impressed by her professionalism and responsiveness that I recommended her to a friend before we'd even had our wedding. Thank you, Anne!
    Sarah & Myles

Sent on 07/27/2014

Chris · Married on 06/07/2014

Anne and her staff were completely amazing! From the first meeting to the finalization of picking photos for our album Anne treated us with a wonderful attitude and made the whole process one of ease and enjoyment. Thank you so much Anne, you are a true professional!

Sent on 08/21/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/31/2014

We loved working with Anne Lord Photography for our May 31, 2014 wedding in Reston. While Anne herself was already booked that weekend, she assigned two of her assistants (Jeremy and James) to our wedding. We were able to meet with Jeremy, lead photographer, first to make sure it was a fit.

Leading up to the wedding, Anne managed all our requests and details extremely promptly and professionally. She treated us like we were her only clients. She and Jeremy scoped out our wedding venues beforehand to make sure of lighting and where to do the First Look.

The day of the wedding, Jeremy and James were so easy to work with. They took a variety of shots, but weren't obtrusive in the getting ready process. They did a nice job of directing the photos that day (which was no easy task with a large wedding party all talking and laughing), but still remained "in the background" to where we enjoyed our day. In almost all the photographs both photographers took the pictures, so we did not have to worry if one didn't turn out. Also, they were able to shoot different angles at the ceremony, which was a plus.

We also purchased an album from Anne and it is beautiful!

We just loved working with Anne and her team. In a wedding industry that is filled with high-pressure, non-individual service, Anne and her team are the opposite. They knew we trusted them with telling the story of our big day and they came through amazingly. It was well worth the price!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Caroline · Married on 05/31/2014

Anne was such a joy to work with and we were thrilled with the photos from our wedding! In the months and weeks building up to the wedding Anne was always extremely prompt with responses and open to any questions that we had which we definitely appreciated!

On the wedding day her and her team were on time, professional and so nice and helpful throughout the entire day. Anne's photos were gorgeous and she got so many different types of shots as well. We also loved that the pictures from the wedding were up online even before we returned home from our honeymoon! We also ordered a wedding album through Anne and it was so hard to pick our favorite images because there were so many we loved! We are very happy with the album she created.

We would absolutely recommend Anne for any photography needs you have!

Sent on 09/05/2014

McGlensey · Married on 05/24/2014

Anne was great to work with. She is organized and professional. The quality of the photographs were wonderful. Anne was also very sweet and patient with us compiling our album together.

Sent on 05/07/2015

Christina · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I both were extremely impressed with everything about Anne and her work. She is very quick to respond to any form of communication and her professionalism is out of this world. Both our engagement pictures and wedding pictures were PERFECT!! We just received the wedding album and I cried the first time I looked at it because she captured our wedding and made a storybook that showed every detail of the day in such a beautiful way. She was an absolute joy to work with throughout the entire process. I found her prices to be extremely reasonable and the quality of her work was AMAZING!! I have definitely been recommending Anne to friends and family and my husband and I will use her for future photography.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Diana · Married on 05/10/2014

I couldn't have asked for better photographers on my wedding day than Anne and her assistant, Brian! Anne took the time to find out what was important to me and it was reflected in the pictures they took.

They made sure that everyone was comfortable in front of the camera and provided clear direction. They are so good at what they do, that Anne and Brian took the best pictures of my friends and family that I have ever seen.

Anne was flexible, professional, and a pleasure to work with. Even though she photographs weddings all of the time, Anne made us feel like our day was very special.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Anne to anyone I know. My family is planning on using her services again whenever we need a photographer. Definitely 5+ stars!!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Kathy · Married on 04/26/2014

Anne and second shooter Brian photographed my daughter’s wedding recently. They were a pleasure to work with! Not only were the photos awesome (we expected that, haha), but we enjoyed Anne’s personality, flexibility and originality throughout the whole process. As an owner of a service business myself, I really appreciated how efficiently she runs her studio – she delivered finished photos on time (even a day early!) and always got back to us very promptly, never making us feel like we were bothering her. She was always available by email during the planning process to help with the silly questions brides and their mothers have, and offered advice when appropriate. Anne and Brian captured not only my daughter and son-in-law at their best, but family and guests and details as well. We will treasure the photos and the memories forever. Thanks Anne and Brian!!

Sent on 05/14/2014

Dana · Married on 04/05/2014

An unbelievable experience! Anne made my wedding day seamless with zero stress! She is quick and produces amazing photos. There were so many I loved I couldn't even narrow it down to 100 for my wedding album! She responds quickly, has a great personality and her prices are beyond reasonable! I would recommend her to anyone, she's awesome!

Sent on 04/27/2014

Madalyn · Married on 03/29/2014

I first met Anne when she was preparing to photograph my sisters wedding. Looking through her previous wedding albums, you could see her attention to details and the capturing of precious moments that not all would think to capture. Then watching her on my sisters big day, her love and dedication truly came through working with everyone and capturing such sweet moments of the day.

When I got engaged, I immediately thought of Anne and wanted her to photograph my wedding. Her attention to detail and making sure that we had the best moments captured, made her the clear choice in who we wanted to photograph our wedding.

Our photographs turned out beautifully, as did our album, and slide show! Anne goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable with the entire photographing process from start to finish! She walks you through all steps in great details and will give you the best photographs you could ask for! I wish I was getting married again so I could have Anne shoot it all over! If I ever have an event that needs photographing, I will definitely think of Anne first!

Thanks Anne!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Hana · Married on 11/17/2013

When I started looking for wedding vendors, my husband and I agreed that the most important vendor is the photographer. After all, not many people will remember what they ate at the wedding or what music was played, but the pictures will last forever. We could not have been more thrilled with choosing Anne Lord as our photographer. She responds super quickly to all emails, always on top of paperwork and contracts but not at all in a nagging way, and was super easy to work with. I don't know how many times throughout the planning process I said to my husband "I would lose my mind if it weren't for Anne Lord!" We also had a few requests that deviated from her standard contract and she was willing to comply with our needs. She works very quickly and efficiently (we ended up with over 2000 photos from our wedding) but without sacrificing quality. Our engagement and wedding photos are all amazing. I felt that the price we paid for her services was absolutely worth every penny. Choosing Anne Lord as our photographer was probably the best planning decision we could have made for our wedding.

Sent on 11/27/2013

I was so pleased upon receiving my engagement and wedding photos from Anne. I think she is an amazing photographer, and offered the best value for a wedding photography package I have found in the Northern VA area for such beautiful work! Anne's 2nd photographer, Brian, was fabulous as well. Anne is efficient with the family shots and very experienced...be sure to leave plenty of time for the details. We were fortunate enough to have some time for bridal portraits in Anne's lovely garden and am so glad we did! I have received so many compliments on those shots and know we will cherish them as wonderful memories of the day.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Emily · Married on 11/02/2013

We started working with Anne for our engagement photos. We were able to have our dog Duke in the photos, and they turned out great. It was very important to us to have our photographer be pet friendly, especially since he was with us for pictures on our wedding day. Her garden is perfect for engagement photos and is right on the lake in her backyard.

Anne and her team captured every single moment of my wedding day. From the moments of getting ready to dancing the night away. We had a Fall wedding and really wanted to get the leaves in the photos as much as possible. She really captured the images I already had in my head. The leaves and garden we went to turned into beautiful pictures. We got so many compliments on them. If you are looking for someone with years of experience and being able to capture the pictures you have in mind for your dream wedding, Anne Lord and her team is a perfect fit for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Our wedding photographer was Jeremy. He did an excellent job! Both our engagement and wedding pictures are beautiful. He has a great personality and is great to work with.

Sent on 02/13/2014

Sara · Married on 10/04/2013

I first met Anne when she photographed my sister's wedding, and I knew without a doubt that she'd be the one I chose for my wedding, too. She extremely responsive, punctual and makes you feel very comfortable. She works with you to get your best angle and smile. Not to mention the final pictures are flawless! I would definitely recommend her to bride.

Sent on 12/13/2013
  • F

Fran · Married on 09/28/2013

We wholeheartedly recommend Anne Lord Photography for anyone who wants to be absolutely delighted with quality, professional and stunning pictures, album and DVD with music that capture the beauty and spirit of your special day. There is a huge difference between ordinary and extraordinary. Anne Lord Photography completely delivered an extraordinary experience and results. Anne, Jeremy and James have an "eye" for the special moments and angles that visually and artistically communicated the interplay of family, friends, emotion and place of our wedding that we will always treasure and enjoy. If you want to work with genuinely wonderful people with great skill, experience and passion, you need to look no further than Anne Lord Photography.

Sent on 04/03/2014

Julie · Married on 09/21/2013

Anne Lord and her team did an amazing job photographing our wedding! Anne is a seasoned professional, she captured the perfect shots while remaining non obtrusive. We received more photos then we thought we would, there were a ton! Everyone who has seen the photos mentioned how amazing they look. We could not be happier with the service Anne had provided, she responded quickly to emails and phone calls and catered to our schedules to make sure that we were satisfied at all times. I would recommend Anne to anyone who is looking for a stellar wedding photographer or a photographer for any occasion. Anne is simply the best!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/14/2013

Anne Lord Photography was simply amazing. I was provided my photos in a timely manner and LOVED her work!! She is truly amazing to work with. I can't say enough good about her. I had engagement photos done with my fiance and puppy and they are still framed ALL over my house. The wedding photos were even better which I didn't know possible. She made us feel very comfortable and provided us excellent photos that we are SO infinitely happy with. THANK YOU ANNE LORD PHOTOGRAPHY!!

Sent on 10/25/2013
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/07/2013

My husband and I truly enjoyed working with Anne Lord Photography for our wedding. Anne is a wonderful business owner - very professional, and has a lovely personality. She was helpful in the planning stages - all the way up to the day before the wedding. Her second photographer, Jeremy took our photographs on the day-of. Jeremy is also very professional and was extremely comfortable to work with. He is very personable. Jeremy made it so easy for the two of us to relax and not focus so much on the camera(s). He truly captured everything! Anne took my bridal portraits at her studio. She made me feel so beautiful in front of the camera. She really listens to your ideas - on what kind of "look" you want from your portraits, but she also provides a lot of suggestions which is helpful.

Our wedding photographs are so beautiful - we have them framed all throughout our home. So many of our guests comment on how beautiful they turned out. We will contract with Anne Lord Photography for family portraits, etc. in the future.

Thank you so much, Anne and Jeremy. Our wedding was magical, and you captured all of the beauty of our special day!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Julie · Married on 08/31/2013

Anne did an absolutely WONDERFUL job! She was just incredible to work with. I was a little bit slow in booking Anne Lord Photography, so by the time I did, Anne herself was already booked for another wedding. We trusted her when she said she had two really great staff members to cover our wedding - Jeremy and James. And she was right, they were great!! Anne was actually kind enough to offer to come do the getting ready shots at my parents house, while Jeremy and James handled the wedding photos. All of the pictures are incredible, and they took a ton! Not only were Jeremy and James incredibly professional, but our guests continue to tell us how nice and personable they were.

The entire package was great and very affordable, ESPECIALLY considering what we got with the package -- engagement photos, a full day of wedding coverage, wallet-sized engagement photos handed out at the wedding so guests could order wedding prints online, a thumb drive with all of the wedding photos, and a slide show..... we are very happy and highly recommend Anne Lord Photography to all of the other brides-to-be out there!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Bride: I was really happy with them. They are very particular and pay attention to detail. One thing, they will hand out small photos of you and your soon-to-be-spouse at the reception from the engagement shoot. It was a lovely wedding favor. Jeremy, our lead, was amazing. He was really funny and kept us laughing. Our guests liked them too, we actually had a few say so as well. The final result was very good. Anne uses a great design company and the spreads were fantastic. The final album was also very nice. We both recommend them. You will be very pleased!

Groom: We had two photographers, Jeremy and James. Jeremy (the lead) was very personable. He made us feel at ease. With two, we each got our own photographer. I was able to have photos of my morning before the ceremony. I was very happy with the albums, they were of excellent quality.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Rob · Married on 08/03/2013

Anne was absolutely phenomenal to work with. She first did our engagement session and then our wedding. Both her and her assistant were extremely professional at all times. We had some special requests due to my mothers medial condition and Anne was able to meet those needs without any problems at all. The quality of the images is just incredible and we can not wait to get our albums.

Sent on 08/07/2013