Anna Muhhina Photography Reviews

56 | Washington, DC

56 Reviews for Anna Muhhina Photography

• Janine

Janine · Married on 07/07/2012

My husband and I cannot recommend Anna highly enough! We did an engagement session as well as the wedding day with Anna. We were concerned that the size of our wedding party and the multiple locations for the event would present a challenge. However, Anna was patient, punctual, and professional throughout the entire. The images were FANTASTIC! We got exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 12/09/2012

Lesley · Married on 10/09/2011

Anna was fantastic. She was responsive, reliable and attentive throughout the planning process and took amazing engagement photos (which were part of our package). (We highly recommend an engagement session, especially if you're camera-shy like us.) On the day of the wedding, she was there early, stayed through the end, and took an incredible set of photos throughout the day. We never worried about her missing a shot; she was always there but was never intrusive at all. Her relaxed but thorough style was just what we needed during the wedding, and the proofs show how good her eye is. We're really thrilled - and were thrilled with how affordable her work is. We'd absolutely recommend her to our friends. We had such confidence and trust in her, and it was completely merited. Thanks, Anna!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Anna · Married on 09/24/2011

Anna did a beautiful job photographing our autumn country wedding - choosing her was one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process. I found Anna on this website and just by looking at her portfolio on her website I knew she would meet all of my needs and wants. Ensuring that we had a wonderfully talented photographer for our wedding day was one of my top priorities during the planning stages but my (then) fiancee and I lived in Seattle and were getting married in Virginia at my parents' house - so how were we going to be able to vet anyone? Once we found Anna, she agreed to meet with my mom and talk to me via email and phone so that she could get a good picture of what I wanted and what our wedding day was going to be like. I found it very easy to talk to her and when we finally did meet a week before the wedding, she really showcased her flexibility when I decided I wanted to change several of the elements of the ceremony set up. In addition, she was very helpful in picking places to take formal family photos and agreed to add another hour of photography time. As you might imagine, I was a nervous wreck but Anna was so calm that she actually did more than anyone else the day of to keep me relaxed and having fun. I never felt more grateful to her than in organizing the family photos after the ceremony - she was great at getting everyone together and believe me this was hard to do because our families are big and loud. My husband and I had a great time with our one-on-one photo time and again Anna was really great at seeing what kinds of things worked and what didnt. During the reception, Anna captured so many great moments without being intrusive - we were free to have a blast (and you can tell from the pictures too!). I cant say enough about the wonderful and talented Anna - we adore her and her work! Thank you so much Anna for your time and energy - your pictures will be cherished always! Anna & Rick Berggreen

Sent on 02/13/2012

M · Married on 08/27/2011

I can't say enough good things about Anna. She was punctual, responsive and flexible throughout the entire planning process. My wedding happened to be co-scheduled with the famed Hurricane Irene, and she didn't blink. She arrived early and stayed through the evening even as the weather worsened. She took every formal photo we requested and then some, was graceful and kind even with some of my more difficult family members, and was completely unobtrusive during the ceremony and reception photos. And she did all for significantly less expense than many as-good photographers who offer less with each package. I can't say enough good things or recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 08/29/2011

Sasha · Married on 07/23/2011

We used Anna for our wedding. She was great. Very nice person. Our pictures came out beautiful in spite of crazy hot weather.
    I loved our engagement photo shoot. She knows what she is doing!

Thank you, Anna! Sasha

Sent on 02/29/2012

Dana · Married on 06/11/2011

Anna was fabulous! We wanted someone who would stay in the background yet still capture all the important moments of our wedding. Anna did exactly what we asked and produced beautiful photos that we will always treasure! She is outstanding, and you can't beat the value for the price!

Sent on 10/01/2011

Susan · Married on 05/28/2011

I am so happy that we booked Anna for our wedding! In addition to being affordable, reliable and professional, Anna is simply a joy to work with. During the ceremony I had no idea photos were being taken of us -- she's that good. And when we got our photos back we had hundreds of amazing prints to choose from! One of the best decisions I made for the wedding was booking Anna.

Sent on 09/15/2011

Kristen · Married on 05/21/2011

Anna was a pleasure to work with during our wedding and she captured every moment beautifully! She was extremely professional and managed to be exactly where she needed to be to get the best shots, yet we never felt like she was in the way. She photographed our rehearsal dinner and our wedding day and her prices are more than reasonable. She is funny, good natured, responsive and was very quick in processing our photos. We love her style and everyone who has seen our photos has been very impressed. We would recommend Anna is a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/18/2011

Natasja · Married on 05/14/2011

Anna is FANTASTIC. She gave great direction, asked for specifics, blended in SO WELL, and got our pictures up to view in a matter of days. We got all of the shots we asked for and many many more (all of which are beautiful). She made sure everyone was in line and ready so that we didn't have to worry about wrangling anyone and we got our pics. Hire her. She is amazing.

Sent on 05/23/2011

Allison · Married on 11/20/2010

Anna was fabulous! She is very easy to work with and a fun person. She took lots of wonderful shots and was always ready to capture the moment!

Sent on 12/06/2010

stacie · Married on 11/06/2010

I must have looked at a hundred photographer's sites while trying to pick one for our wedding, and I was so excited when I finally found Anna--she's easily as good as the photographers who cost twice as much.

Anna was great throughout. I normally hate having my picture taken and never like how I look, but Anna made me feel beautiful. There are shots from both our engagement session and wedding that are easily the best photos of me ever taken. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Nina · Married on 10/09/2010

I was impressed with Anna even before I met her. A photographer friend forwarded her portfolio to us and her unique style was just up our alley. At our first meeting, she was prompt, very professional, fun and charming. At our wedding, she was early, prepared, and was just so easy to work with. She let us do our thing, we let her do her thing, and the end result is a plethora of great pictures! More often than not we forgot she was there and she was able to capture such honest and true photos. We are so glad we chose her to capture our very special night!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Kourtney · Married on 08/21/2010

Great photographer! She was very timely in returning phone calls and emails, provided us with great engagement photos, and took beautiful shots of our wedding! We are so happy we chose Anna!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Shinar · Married on 06/26/2010

The photographer was prompt, creative, and patient. The pictures were of excellent quality and the shots were very expressive. We could not have picked better scenes on our own! We hired her on short notice and for some reason our check was (literally) lost in the mail. She was understanding and did not allow this to affect her professionalism. I have recommended her already to a few folks who are considering nuptials and will continue to do so. (would love to have a few business cards..hint, hint)

Sent on 09/16/2010

Santi · Married on 05/29/2010

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was hiring Anna. From the minute we contacted her, we were so impressed with her professionalism, flexibility, and warmth.

My fiance is not the biggest fan of getting his picture taken, :) so it was very important to find a photographer with whom we felt comfortable, and who would make it fun - and Anna did just that! At the engagement session, we spent the entire time laughing and having fun, and Anna managed to really capture our spirit as a couple (and despite my fiance trying to run away from the camera....she STILL managed to get plenty of beautiful shots of the two of us - which we then used for our wedding guest book).

It was also very important to us to find a photographer that would blend into the background at the wedding and capture the "moments". We've been to too many weddings where the photographer would trail the couple very invasively and tap them on the shoulder for continuous posed shots. In that regard, Anna was perfect for us! After the first round of the traditional mandatory group family photos, I hardly noticed her all night - but she took over 1,000 photos, and managed to capture everything we wanted - the special moments, the details, guests having fun, and us being ourselves. :)

The quality of Anna's photos was what initially drew us to interviewing her - and she did not disappoint. We saw very many websites of photographers with a photojournalistic style...which Anna very much exemplifies...but there is also something in Anna's photos that goes beyond - her photos convey very natural emotion and beauty. And her eye in the use of the environment, setting and light are amazing - case in point, when I saw our engagement photo proofs (before any enhancement, mind you), I was blown away, because they looked like they had been professionally touched up.....when they were UNTOUCHED...and straight from her camera.

My last comment on Anna is regarding her value for cost - I was amazed to find a photographer of Anna's caliber at such a competitive price point.

I would recommend Anna to any prospective bride, and in fact, several people who saw her in action at our wedding, and have since seen our photos, have already asked for her contact information.

Thank you, Anna, for giving us unbelievable photos to remember our special day forever! :)

Sent on 06/16/2010

Alla · Married on 04/18/2010

I and my fiance had spend a significant amount of time searching for a good photographer for our long time planned wedding. One-by-one, we had reduced the list of possible candidatures and finally decided to use Anna's services. Our decision was dictated by many different reasons that included quality, flexibility, budgeting, time-frame etc. Anna was extremely flexible in dates and times, she was always willing to adapt and accommodate to our schedule and always went to great lengths to meet with us to discuss every single detail we found relevant. She also had made a wealth of suggestions that we didn't even think of, which were extremely helpful and straight-to-the-point and which we absolutely loved! Anna had cut us a good deal financially, so we are definitely sure we got even more for our money than anywhere else. We're absolutely happy with Anna Muhhina's services and will definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/07/2010

Korin · Married on 04/10/2010

Anna was so flexible in working with an ever changing schedule, even shooting our "engagement" session a week before the wedding. That session really helped us feel comfortable having our picture taken. She helped us learn a few of the key "rules" for looking great in pictures, and set the stage for our wedding day pictures and made the wedding day seamless.

Our wedding photographs are better than we could have ever imagined.

Anna is a complete professional, she gets proofs back very quickly, and her prices are very reasonable!

We recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 05/05/2010

Christina · Married on 10/10/2009

Anna was very professional in every way and made us feel at ease both at our engagement session and the wedding itself. She had many good ideas for poses and angles, and the photos were fabulous. She made herself very unobtrusive during the ceremony, and we didn't know she was photographing from all angles of the sanctuary until the ceremony was over halfway through! Every e-mail we sent was responded to incredibly quickly--a day's wait at the most. The prices are excellent compared to most other photography places, but you only get a certain number of photos depending on the package you choose--extras are $3 apiece, but we found that we really didn't need more than our package allotted. We highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/24/2009

Maggie · Married on 10/03/2009

Anna was very responsive and professional during our interactions prior to the wedding. During our wedding she was very discreet while capturing every detail of our wedding. The proofs she quickly provided us are fantastic. We have already recommended her to friends who got married right after us, and would definitely recommend her again!

Sent on 11/12/2009

Amy · Married on 09/26/2009

Anna was very professional and talented and I would definitely use her again!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Yvonne · Married on 07/25/2009

Anna is a great choice for wedding photography. She was very accomodating in returning calls/emails and also offered a free engagement session with our package. She took great photos and was quick to get them back to us. Our guests commented on how "invisible" she was, as she was careful to capture our special day while maintaining a good distance from the activities.

Sent on 10/09/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/11/2009

Anna just recently photographed our wedding (11.7.2009) and we were extremely pleased with her work. We were looking for someone to JUST photograph our wedding and give us the digital images. We were not looking for packaged deals where we had to buy albums and framed photos etc., etc, we wanted to reserve those options until AFTER we saw the pictures and that is what she gave us. As for working with Anna, she responded to all of my questions via email very quickly, showed up on time, was flexible during the pre-ceremony chaos (EVERYTHING was out of order but she rolled with it and used her time wisely). Most importantly though, we told Anna that we liked photo journalistic style of photography and that after the traditional bridal party and family pictures were taken to not ask our guests to pose for pictures....we didn't want anything to look contrived. She delivered just that and caught some candid, poignant and funny shots of EVERYONE that turned out beautifully. Additionally she had our photos online for review within a week of our wedding! One more thing, you hardly knew she was there and she did not obstruct anyone�s view of the festivities. We would definitely recommend her as a wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/25/2009

Paula · Married on 07/06/2009

Beautiful pictures and wonderful customer service. Anna did an amazing job and was so easy to work with. Everyone at our wedding commented at how good she was at getting people together for the group shots we requested and also at taking candid photos. The memories turned out remarkable and we could not be happier. I recommend her to any bride. Also, she is a fantastic value. She sells smaller packages than most wedding photographers out there and for a much better price.

Sent on 09/24/2009

Leeanne · Married on 05/23/2009

Anna was great. Our pictures are amazing. We highly reccomend her!

Sent on 05/28/2009

Diana · Married on 05/16/2009

Anna (and her partner) were great from the first contact through the selection of our favorite shots. Anna was flexible with the details of our contract and very helpful in planning the formal photo shooting at our chapel. We met a few weeks before the wedding to scoop out a good place for the formal photos and see the lighting conditions inside the chapel. During the wedding I hardly noticed that the two photographers were present. They took some wonderful candid shots of us and our guests and I love all the formal photos we took. I couldn't have picked a better photographer!

Sent on 05/28/2009