Anna Maria Island DJ - Chuck Caudill Entertainment & Photography Reviews

103 | Bradenton Beach, FL

103 Reviews for Anna Maria Island DJ - Chuck Caudill Entertainment & Photography

1 User photo

Olivier · Married on 05/23/2008

Chuck was hands down one of the best decisions we made in getting entertainment for our wedding.
    He was able to entertain our guests with some awesome hits, some personal requests, and also did an amazing job when it came to his live performances.
    We really enjoyed ourselves, and our guests complimented us on the mood and atmosphere of our wedding. The funny thing was that we were taking all the credit for Chuck's hard work!
    Chuck, thanks so much for your time, and efforts. Kellene and I had a wonderful time at our wedding!

Sent on 09/02/2008

Kaleigh · Married on 05/04/2008

You will see as soon as you visit IslandPhotography.org that Dara's work is awesome! She knows every shot & the time to take them as she is the Bradenton Beach/Anna Maria Island wedding photography specialsit! She is very easy to work with and I couldn't have asked for anything more!

Sent on 06/11/2008

Shannon · Married on 05/03/2008

Chuck is an awesome DJ! He played both our ceremony music and reception. Every song we requested he played exactly when we needed them to be played, and otherwise, he felt out the mood and played what matched it accordingly. He is very versatile and will play anything and everything you would like. Chuck made everyone happy by playing a great mix of genres while still sticking to what we had agreed upon. He's laid back, creating a comfortable atmosphere for you and your guests, while at the same time he is very in-tune to what he's doing and he listens to any input you have to give. We also had his wife, Dara (Island Photography) as our photographer and they make such an awesome team together. They both made our wedding run so smoothly and I am so glad that we had them both to help us with our special day!

Sent on 08/10/2008

Nancy · Married on 04/17/2008

Chuck was wonderful to work with. He made the song selection much easier than I thought it would be. He has an extensive playlist; but also performs live on guitar and keyboard. Our guests enjoyed his singing. He also performed
    a solo with my husband's daughter.
    Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/09/2008
  • Kerry

Kerry · Married on 04/12/2008

Chuck was recommended to us by his wife, Dara, who we were hiring as our photographer. When we met with Chuck a few months before the wedding, we went to see him perform live at the Beachhouse in Anna Maria. We were definitely music "soul mates." He knew instinctively what type of feel we were going for at our wedding, and was able to get every song we requested, which meant so much to us! He performed live during our ceremony on acoustic guitar, and DJ'd during the reception. I think he can get away with charging more than he does; we didn't shop around because we felt so "in tune" with him, but considering how special he made our event, it was a steal! He made great recommendations, and even made the final call on our first dance (we couldn't decide.) Chuck and Dara are truly a great team.

Sent on 07/01/2008

Kelley · Married on 03/23/2007

Chuck was wonderful. He provided live music as guests arrived as well as throughout the ceremony. He transistioned well from live to recorded music and followed my play list well. He took requests and read the crowd well during the reception. I highly recommend especially in tandem with his wife's (Dara Caudill) as they work well together and provide a perfectly timed event.

Sent on 09/16/2007
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 10/13/2019

Chuck was amazing! We decided to go with a live musician for our outdoor ceremony. We thought it would really set the mood and it did! There wasn't a dry eye on the beach when he played ukulele and sang during the processional/recessional. It was perfect, he's easy to work with and affordable!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Lauren · Married on 11/11/2017

Chuck was easy to work with, flexible, and our guests had fun with their dance floor requests.

Sent on 12/06/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/14/2011

Chuck was perfect for our laid back beach wedding! He was knowledgeable, professional, and had a good variety of music. He handled the mic well, and I was overall very pleased!!

Sent on 10/21/2011

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2011

Chuck really is a GREAT DJ to have for your wedding/event. He found every song (even old style classical) that we wanted for both the ceremony and reception. He kept the dance floor booming which was important to us at the reception. The only thing that was disappointing what the Pastor was supposed to be mic'd up for the ceremony and he was not. Luckily, he has a loud voice and was able to be heard. Everything else was absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 05/25/2011

Anna Maria Island DJ - Chuck Caudill Entertainment & Photography's reply:

Thank you for the positive review.
    It was a really windy day, and the pastor and I talked about being miked up, and he was proud of his Southern voice so we made a judgement call
    together. I did have a mic there and ready to hook up on the beach.
    After the ceremony started, I walked around and watched people, and I agree, it was the wrong move on that day.

Michelle · Married on 04/29/2011

Highly recommended!! We just got back from our perfect beach wedding on Anna Maria! Chuck delivered everything I had ever pictured for our wedding. He played his guitar beautifully for our ceremony,provided a mic that we used for the ceremony, and DJ'd for the reception. The music was awesome and there was never a second where the dance floor was empty. He played all of my must play list. We had his wife Dara as our photographer and they made everything go so smoothly! Chuck even brought us out water during the family and bridal party pics! Very easy to work with. All of our guests have given so much positive feedback regarding Chuck and Dara. Thanks!

Sent on 05/01/2011

Brooke · Married on 04/23/2011

Chuck did an amazing job at our wedding on Anna Maria Island. He played the ukulele for the ceremony and played live music on his guitar for most of dinner. We got lots of compliments on him. Chuck played LOTS of good songs, and even stayed past his quitting time because the guests were chanting for more. The one thing I noticed, which I happened to like, is that he only played one or two slow songs the entire night. If you like slow dancing, you might just want to mention this before your wedding. We were very pleased with him and if we had to do it all over again, we would definitely hire him again!

Sent on 05/10/2011

marissa · Married on 03/12/2011

Chuck was an amazing DJ. He played live music for our cocktail hour which people loved and then switched to DJ for the dancing. I gave him quite a list of must plays (husband and I have a love for music) and I think I heard them all! Very easy to work with and great attitude. We must have miscommunicated at some point, because he didn't realize I wanted live music at the beginning. But he offered to "run home" and grab his guitar! He lives on the island, 5 min from the Sandbar, so it was perfect! His laid back but professional attitude was what we were looking for.

Sent on 03/20/2011

Allison · Married on 03/05/2011

Chuck was wonderful. He played all our favorite songs and merged them so there was no pauses, so everyone kept dancing. It was wonderfully MCed and he knew exactly what he was doing. He really made me and my husbands special day, special and unique. I recomend Chuck to anyone who wants the perfect sondtrack for their perfect day. I will remember his music for years and years to come. Thank you Chuck for making our day perfect.
    Allison and Michael

Sent on 04/13/2011

Annamaria · Married on 08/18/2010

Chuck is the most charming musician... He played the ukulele at our Beach Wedding, creating a Hawaiian style tropical mood. I'm so glad we selected him... He made our special day very memorable! :)

Sent on 03/09/2011

Allison · Married on 05/30/2009

Chuch was wonderful! He was easy to work with and sense he works at our venue all the time, it took away some of my stress. He was very familiar with the setup and I knew everything would go smoothly. He played guitar for our ceremony as well as set up speakers so that we could be heard. Everything went perfectly. He is a true professional and I highly recommend using him!

Sent on 06/23/2009

Claire · Married on 09/11/2008

Chuck was very flexible and professional and managed to download all of our songs from England to be played at the wedding.

I would recommend Chuck to anyone thinking of having a DJ at their wedding reception.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Audra · Married on 10/07/2016

He listened to our suggestions and kept everyone dancing all night long!!

Sent on 11/15/2016

Nicholle · Married on 03/22/2014

Plays a variety of live instruments as well as track DJ services. Has a variety of genres of music in his library. As an event professional myself, he did his job. I gave him the pertinent music my family wanted to hear and he filled in the rest where needed that complimented my music choices. Most important of all, he stayed out of the way and did not complicate things. He stuck to our plans for the day of and adjusted if necessary keeping in constant communication with the venue planner and other vendors hired to cover the wedding.

Sent on 04/08/2014
  • User2620468 · 2+ years ago

We chose Chuck as our musician to play live during our cocktail hour and DJ the rest of our reception. He is so nice and he made it a very easy decision to pick him as our musician upon meeting him. He was always prompt on responding to my e-mails, but towards the end when we were getting closer to the wedding, multilpe times in e-mails he said we will talk soon and we never did. It wasn't a huge deal, but there were some things I would have liked to gone over, like what part of the songs we wanted played during the ceremony. I walked out to Cannon n D, and really wanted to walk to the main part of the chorus (wait brides typically walk to) and he just played the song from the beginning, so I was very disappointed in that. We had the song "I made it" for our recessional, and again he just played it from the beginning and never asked us, which is not what we wanted either. However, he did a great job playing live from my understanding (we were out taking pictures) and DJ'd the rest of the evening and all the announcements, cake cutting song, bouquet toss, and garter removal went great. He is a talented musician and I would recommend him to future brides, just make sure you make a point to let him know of you have certain parts of a song you want played!

Sent on 05/02/2013

Nick · Married on 09/08/2008

3.5

We had a good time Chuck played all our request.
    Thanks For everything

Mr & Mrs Glynn_Marshall

Sent on 10/14/2008

angelica · Married on 10/16/2010

3.5

I got to the venue 5 minutes early. We had to wait while he set up and got things ready for the ceremony--I would have thought that this would have been done at that point. The ceremony was fine - got the songs we wanted for the processional, the mikes & speakers for the vows. The recessional was wrong - I had sent the file/link and the intro wasn't right. Ah, well, minor snafu.
    Prior to the event, I had emailed his form back with specific requests, timing, etc. I specifically asked for no songs from an artist -- we got songs from the artist. I asked for certain songs for us to dance to. They were played while we were eating dinner and we couldn't dance to it. He accepted requests, which was good.The requests were from kids, not so good. We got a bunch of top 40 teeny bopper songs when we'd wanted other genres.
    The whole thing just seemed disorganized, even though I had tried really hard to give examples and specific requests, asked for feedback and offered to send the songs we had requested. I was really disappointed - the only thing I wanted to splurge on and make sure was right was the music. And it wasn't. Nice guy, though.

Sent on 10/27/2010

Aryn · Married on 05/08/2015

3.5

Chuck arrived promptly to my wedding reception. We did not have a lot of communication before the event (by my own fault) and my song requests were played during dinner so I don't think anyone really heard them. The dancing got off to a slow start, but he took our request and the party started! He even stayed later so we could continue to have a great time!! It was an amazing night!

Sent on 06/01/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 11/11/2016

3.5

We had our wedding at The Sandbar on 11-11-16. Chuck was highly recommended to us by many of our vendors (we live out of state and planning a wedding from a far had it's challenges). He was easy to work with, very organized with his spread sheet with requested songs by bride and groom was well thought out. Upon first meeting on our wedding day, I noticed Chuck was a bit frazzled...his lap top with our wedding play list was ran over earlier in the day, he assured us he still had our songs in other formats and not to worry. Wrong version of our first dance was played, wrong song was played for cake cutting and Chuck referred to my husband with musical choices that night instead of asking me (he never once communicated with my husband through out the entire planning process). I thought things were off when Adele was playing when we had our sparkler sendoff. Many guests came up to me asking why they have not heard their requested songs (it was all on the spread sheet we sent out prior to the wedding). All in all, we still had a wonderful party and our dance floor was packed with guests having a good time. I do think Chuck is a great DJ and he was just having an off day, My advice to any bride is to appoint a person beside yourself and your spouse to be the go to person in case your DJ should have any questions. Our day was still great despite the minor music hiccup.

Sent on 11/26/2016

Meredith · Married on 11/05/2005

4.2

Chuck was great to work with prior to the wedding. We had some issues during the wedding itself, issues that looking back probobly could have been resolved without much of a hiccup had I used a coordinator instead of being made aware of all the little things the day of. All issues were resolved though. I would hire him again, but would utilize a acoordiantor to help keep things on track as he's a little more laid back than I was anticipating!

Sent on 02/24/2007