Ann Travis Events Reviews

Ann Travis Events 3
  • J Kim

J Kim · Married on 08/24/2019

Wonderwoman with a Vision

TLDR; Ann is a super woman. Her team is amazing. Detail-oriented, personable, and will fight for your vision. Definitely believe it was a privilege for us to have a planner for our wedding. But Ann was not just a planner - she was a necessity. Read on to see why.

What can I say about Ann Travis Events that likely hasn't been said by the rest of her clients? From the get-go, Ann didn't hesitate to put us at ease when we said that we wanted to have a wedding in Detroit, while planning from our home-base of Philly. While other wedding planners scoffed at our initial budget and smaller guest list, we connected with Ann right away on both a professional and personal level right during our initial call. She's detail-oriented, the right amount of no-nonsense chutzpah when dealing with vendors, and a completely calming presence.

We wanted our wedding to be an experience - an intimate dinner party for our friends and family, focused on food, cocktails, and design. For the few trips we made it out to Detroit, Ann personally curated a list of vendors so that we were able to efficiently finalize a list, but still enjoy the experience! In addition to the myriad of vendors that supplied chairs, farm tables, and linens, she helped us secure and coordinate the venue (Whiskey Factory!), a caterer (Cutting Edge Cuisine), photographer (Bean and Cole!), videographer (Shane Tincu Films), amazing DJ (Kyle Z from Mike Staff Productions!), flowers (her mom!), hotel (Foundation Hotel!) and dessert (Sweet Heather Anne!).

Beyond her attention to detail and ability to multi-task? The way she was able to take my wife's hopes for her dream wedding and translate that into an inspired vision - simply jaw-dropping. The hanging install, filled with Edison bulbs and flowers, stunned our guests. There was a wall with bottles filled with notes to let our guests know their table and seat numbers.

Ann's a super woman, but she's definitely not a team of one. Kurtis is the perfect complement and their ability to work together clearly translates into a better wedding experience for their clients. In fact, her entire staff helped to make sure that the day-of was seamless. In fact, there were only two hiccups as far as I'm aware of for our wedding - and all out of her control!

#1: During the rehearsal at the church, we found out that the church thought we were flying a priest out from Philly (I know, you'd think they'd confirm something like that, right)? It was all taken care of by Ann and the church coordinator, but knowing that I'm a worst-case-scenario-worry-wart, Ann texted me around 11PM the night before to ensure that it was all taken care of. It's those little things that really helped comfort me during the process.

#2: A few of our guests decided to be no-shows. Without a missed step, Ann apparently made sure that there were no empty seats or plates so it all looked as it was supposed to be. In fact, we didn't even know we had no-shows until a few days later!

You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't sign her up as your wedding planner right away. Well worth it!

Sent on 09/19/2019

Alyssa Simpson · Married on 11/10/2018

My dream Pinterest wedding come true!

Ann planned my wedding at the Ford Piquette Plant in November and I seriously cannot thank her enough! I began my wedding planning process with a different planner which went terribly wrong. Ann saved the day midway through my engagement and I've never been so thankful! Ann truly made my "pintrest-perfect" wedding and had everything perfectly coordinated, from hand-done wax stamps on the menu to the most incredible lighting display over the head table. When I was too busy or overwhelmed to make decisions, she made them for me. She is a lifesaver - I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 12/12/2018