AnitaWeds Reviews

109 | Des Plaines, IL

109 Reviews for AnitaWeds

Rachael · Married on 08/13/2011

Anita was absolutely wonderful to us! She was helpful and understanding with what we wanted to do with our ceremony. She gave us ideas when we needed guidance and listened to our desires and incorporated them into our ceremony. I am so grateful to have had her be part of our special day! My husband and I are not really religious, but we still wanted to have a meaningful ceremony. Anita truly made it a wonderful celebration of love and joy for us and our families. Guests from religious to non-religious told us afterwards what a beautiful ceremony it was. That meant a lot to us to have been able to include everyone there at our wedding. My husband and I are so happy that we chose Anita to officiate our wedding ceremony!
    Rachael & Jeremy -married 8/13/11-

Sent on 09/19/2011

Tawni · Married on 07/03/2011

Anita was largely repsonsible for giving us a most memorable and happy day. Her ability to capture just the right words to describe the relationship and wedding day is a true gift. she is organized, accessible and open to most any suggestions or requests from brides/grooms. But also if you are little usure of how the ceremony should go, she has tons of information and suggestions to guide you in your indecision. So glad we found her!!

Sent on 09/23/2011

Jamil · Married on 05/29/2011

Anita worked with our ideas for the ceremony and helped us include traditions from our backgrounds. She also helped us navigate some sensitive family issues. On our wedding day she made our entire wedding party feel at ease.

She gave us a beautiful and meaningful ceremony.

Thank you Anita!

Sent on 07/21/2011
  • I

Raquel · Married on 11/20/2010

Anita wrote a beautiful ceremony for us. We received so many compliments after the wedding, telling us how personal the ceremony felt and how much they learned about us as a couple. Anita was a blast to work with. :)

Sent on 01/21/2011

Tasha · Married on 11/19/2010

Our officiant was absolutely WONDERFUL! We were so fortunate to find her for our wedding. We had a destination wedding in Chicago from the west coast. We had a limited amount of time to visit Chicago to complete all of the planning for the wedding. Each time we planned to come to Chicago for planning, Anita was available to meet with us. She also was available to talk to us via the telephone or by e-mail anytime we had questions.
    Our ceremony was unbelievable! People stopped us in our hotel and commented that it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever witnessed. Every detail was exactly how we envisioned it. Anita helped us to incorporate details that were culturally and spiritually as diverse as we are as a couple. She made the ceremony a beautiful custom blend that was absolutely perfect for us!
    I would not change a thing about our wedding! In fact, when we renew our vows, I can't imagine doing it without Anita!!

Thanks so much!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Allan · Married on 11/06/2010

Absolutely fantastic. We felt and still feel like she's a friend for life!!!!

Sent on 12/14/2010

Sondra · Married on 10/09/2010

Anita is amazing!! She is so thoughtful and talented!! We still have friend and family saying how beautiful n personal our ceremony was!! She made our day more magicalthen I thought possible!! You will not find anyone better!!

Sent on 02/18/2012

N · Married on 09/25/2010

Anita was the celebrant for our wedding at Blumen Gardens a few weeks back and she did such an amazing job. Anita will listen to you and will find out what type of ceremony you want. She will ask you questions to see what kind of person you are and she will make your ceremony deeply personal. We received many comments from our guests on the ceremony, saying it was both unique and moving and we have Anita to thank. Anita is very friendly and organized, she honestly felt more like a friend to us. She even helped me to calm my nerves right before the ceremony began! Of all the things involved in planning a wedding the ceremony is the most important part and you need someone you can trust to help you put together a ceremony that is a true reflection of you and your partner. Anita was this person for us and we are so thankful that we had her there with us! Thank you, Anita!

Sent on 10/05/2010
  • Carol

Carol · Married on 08/13/2010

Anita is the perfect mix of professionalism and personality. We wanted an officiant who would really start to understand us, and she took the steps to assure that she did. She told "our story" beautifully and gave us the perfect ceremony. Everyone appreciated and admired her light-hearted nature and wonderful way with words. Our ceremony was uniquely ours and ours alone, and we have Anita to thank for that.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Melissa · Married on 08/08/2010

My husband and I were looking for a creative celebrant and we definitely found that in Anita! She had a ton of creative and unique ideas for our ceremony and we loved the versatility of choosing what we specifically wanted for our special day. She spent so much time working on our ceremony and it was evident as we received so many wonderful compliments! Anita is so flexible and dedicated to really getting to know the bride and groom she is working with. We couldn't have asked for a better celebrant and we are so thankful that she was part of our wedding day!

Sent on 12/10/2010

Lauren · Married on 06/12/2010

We were so lucky to find Anita! She was helpful, knowledgeable, kind, and professional. She allowed us to customize our perfect ceremony, which was so very important to us. We met twice and emailed numerous times to get every detail just right. My guests commented on how personal and unique our ceremony was. I recommend Anita Vaughan if you want this part of your wedding experience to be worry-free!

Sent on 08/01/2010

Benjamin · Married on 05/30/2010

Anita was absolutely amazing and was integral to making our wedding reflect the type of people we are. We told her that we wanted an intimate, genuine, and lighthearted service without many of the traditions that usually accompany wedding ceremonies. It was not an easy request. She worked with us until the words of the service were perfect and, when the big day finally came, her oratory presence and delivery exceeded even our high expectations. At least 10 guests came up to me and commented on how wonderful Anita was. If you’re on the fence about which Officiant to go with, choose Anita; she’s brilliant and I am supremely confident that she’ll make your service as special as she made ours.

Sent on 06/14/2010

Marciana · Married on 05/14/2010

We had more compliments on our ceremony than I can even count. Words cannot explain how beautiful, amazing, and "so us" our ceremony was. She gave us everything we wanted in a ceremony, it was funny, joyful, and about us...people laughed and cried...it was perfect. We had numerous family members come up to us and ask us how long Anita has known us, because she wrote the perfect ceremony for us. I could not have asked for a better celebrant and she was incredible. Anita, thank you so much for making our day that much more special!!!!

Sent on 05/31/2010

Erin · Married on 05/01/2010

Anita was amazing in performing our pagan/traditional wedding! The ceremony was perfect in being very "us" but also being beautiful that our families loved it. I would very much recommend Anita to anyone having any kind of wedding!

Sent on 05/17/2010

Jamie · Married on 04/24/2010

Anita was one of the best and easiest parts of arranging our wedding. She was friendly, super-helpful, and really seemed to care about us getting exactly the ceremony we wanted. She delivered in full, and I'd suggest her to anyone.

Sent on 05/17/2010

Diane · Married on 02/27/2010

Anita was a wonderful officiant for us. When we first met we discussed many possibilities for ceremony choices. We decided on a hand blessing and a stone ceremony. My husband and I came up with an idea for a stone blessing which included our children, ages 15, 20, and 22. Our guests held rose quartz stones which were collected and put in a bowl. On top we all put in a stone which represented each of us. Together these stones represented our new family resting on the blessings of our friends and family. Anita was great in making it all come together. She interviewed us and wrote a ceremony that was one of a kind, heartfelt and warm. After everyone asked about her and said she was great. She was beautiful and present and genuine the day of the ceremony. We highly recommend Anita.

Sent on 03/30/2010

Renae · Married on 12/19/2009

Anita was wonderful! She was so patient and flexible with our hectic schedules leading up to the wedding, even when my family was 2 hours late to the 1 hour rehearsal- she never stopped smiling. Her presentation was described by several of our guests as "poetry," and we have been complimented on our fresh and unique ceremony, too. She brought tears to my eyes during our ceremony and really helped us personalize EVERYTHING. Everything was wonderful and we really enjoyed working with her!

Sent on 02/22/2010

Stacey · Married on 09/26/2009

I cannot say enough positive stuff about Anita, she was absolutely the best choice for us and we were so glad to have her. We found her in the last two or three weeks before the wedding, and even under this insane time crunch I don't think we ever had any doubt that she was going to take care of us and our needs, which she absolutely did. I completely trusted Anita and we feel very lucky to have had her as our officiant. She was worth the wait! Anita is among other things friendly, open, approachable, sincere, warm, professional, fun and thoughtful. She was very quick with our emails back and forth, which unfortunately (because of my busy schedule, not her fault) we had to do a lot of our communication through. She was very flexible with our schedules and in keeping us on track with our "homework". She was great at being our guide though the entire pre-ceremony process: writing our vows, tweaking them, finding out what we wanted to convey and what WE wanted to say in our ceremony. I was so elated when we finally did meet her because once we did we DEFINITELY knew that her warmth and sincerity was a very real thing. She made us feel comfortable from the start, this I chalk up to her just being a very real and sincere person. She also completely understood that we had a lot of stuff on our minds concerning the wedding and at no point did I ever feel that she contributed to our stress. We did not have a religious ceremony and Anita went above and beyond in helping us create a ceremony that had meaning for US. Before the ceremony Anita spent some time with me in making sure I felt prepared and ready for the show :). She gave my dad some pointers and told me repeatedly that everything was fine, and in place and that I could take my time until I was ready to go. She was so calm and I really appreciated her attention to my nerves. We had so many compliments on the ceremony and everyone who we spoke with said that you could really tell that there was a lot of love and care involved, and we totally agree! I was actually sad to see her leave once she had to go, and I don't know if any other brides feel that way when their officiant leaves, but I doubt it. We give her one hundred gold stars! Thank you Anita!

Sent on 10/30/2009

Amy · Married on 09/06/2009

My husband and I separately answered a lot of questions about ourselves, and Anita added structure and wove it into a ceremony. The result was uniquely ours-- we wanted something lighthearted, secular, short and sweet. Judging from the comments from our guests, the ceremony reflected just what we wanted. We were very pleased with her professionalism. She was on time for all our meetings and did a great job. Thanks, Anita!

Sent on 10/29/2009

Lisa · Married on 08/15/2009

Anita was by far one of the best choices we made for our wedding! She created the most personal and perfect ceremony that I had ever heard- she by far exceeded any of our expectations! She responded to our wishes and did everything we asked and offered suggestions in areas we were unsure about. She was such a pleasure to work with and I will be recommending her to all my friends!

Sent on 10/15/2009

Becky · Married on 08/01/2009

Anita created the exact wedding we wanted - something personal, warm, and meaningful. After meeting her, we knew she "got" us and would be a great addition to our day. We would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/03/2009
  • F

Felicia · Married on 07/18/2009

Anita was wonderful to work with! She listened closely to our ideas and worked with us to incorporate them into a personal, meaningful and unique wedding ceremony. My husband and I come from different backgrounds and traditions, as he is Muslim from India and I am Jewish from the US. Anita spent time to understand what elements from our individual backgrounds were important and built them into a beautiful ceremony. We worked on the questionnaire she gave us, and then she built a structure for our ceremony. She wrote the story and put together the rituals as the ceremony got tightened up through iterations and edits. It felt like a collaboration as she guided us through the process. She was very open and responsive to our ideas. The ceremony was beautiful, and I have not stopped hearing raves from my friends and family. Everyone felt that they were part of something special. Many people have commented that it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever seen. We feel honored to have worked with Anita - it was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made (aside from choosing to get married to each other).

Sent on 08/05/2009
  • Steve-N-Gizelle

Steven · Married on 06/27/2009

Anita was beyond ideal. From the moment we met her, we knew she was the one for us. She's incredibly humorous, clever, and sincere; a perfect match for us. When it came time to prepare our ceremony, we really felt her personal touch. I would best describe it as if a close friend was presiding over the ceremony. Maybe it was because Gizelle and I are just so awesome we made the job too easy for her.  But it is more likely that Anita knows what she does is of significant importance to those she is officiating for. She knows not every couple is the same and not every ceremony is going to come from a cookie cutter. She knows and she delivers. She�ll give you whatever you like in a ceremony and help you along the way if you are unsure about anything. I made mention that we really felt like a friend was officiating, and that couldn�t be more true. We would have had it no other way. There is no doubt in our mind Anita was a key component to making our wedding day the greatest day of our life.

Sent on 08/14/2009

Amber · Married on 05/02/2009

Anita is very personable and professional. She has a wonderful way with words and made our ceremony that much more special!

Sent on 05/13/2009

Clare · Married on 02/15/2009

anita performed our service just as we asked.
    she took the time to talk with us about what we wanted in our service
    she always returned our calls promptly, when we had questions that needed answered
    she made our wedding day a very special day.

Sent on 02/16/2009