AnitaWeds Reviews

109 | Des Plaines, IL

109 Reviews for AnitaWeds

• Erica

Erica · Married on 06/15/2013

Anita's step by step process is the perfect way to have your wedding vows written exactly the way you imagined. She was so friendly and supportive through the whole process. We can honestly say that many of our guests commented on how beautiful and personal our ceremony was, and that they wish they had gone the same route. Well done Anita!! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/30/2014

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2013

Anita was great! She made us feel so comfortable and she was so confident during the ceremony which calmed our nerves. We also loved all the special touches she put in the ceremony which made people laugh and cry.
    We actually miss her!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Kevin · Married on 05/18/2013

Anita created a very personal ceremony and kept us both up to date on where she was with the ceremony draft. She incorporated aspects from both our cultures and brought tears of happiness in both of us. We have received many compliments of the ceremony about how personalized it really was. We couldn't have asked for a better officiant.

Sent on 09/04/2013

Katherine · Married on 05/04/2013

Well, what can I say, my experience with Anita was just as positive as all of these other reviews indicate! Anita officiated my wedding this May 2013 and it was a beautiful ceremony. Overall, I've had more comments about the ceremony than anything else at my wedding! Aside from all that, the overall experience of working with Anita was extremely easy and stress free, she has a very smooth, efficient and organized system that puts all of the responsibility on herself and none of the stress on you as the bride, which is how it should be! In fact, something came up about a month before my wedding that probably would have resulted in a very negative experience if I was working with somebody else, but even in a difficult situation Anita was kind and professional. 5 stars!

Sent on 05/17/2013

When we began the search for the perfect Officiant, we did not realize that we would ACTUALLY find the perfect Officiant! After a few phone conversations and an in person meeting, we got the feeling that Anita was not only very good, but passionate about customizing wedding ceremonies for all types of couples. After talking with her, answering a brief "couples questionnaire" and editing the final draft, Anita crafted a meaningful ceremony and delivered it beautifully on that special day. Thanks Anita!

Sent on 06/08/2013

April · Married on 03/29/2013

We could not have asked for a more personal, special ceremony. Anita made us feel so comfortable. Her questionairre is very thorough and was actually an experience my wife and i still enjoy talking about. She writes out the entire ceremony and we had 100% knowledge and controll over the content. Awesomely though, we didn't really change much at all, because she's great at what she does. Day of, not a dry eye in the house. Our love story come to life...and we made a friend in Anita. She's so good, we were able to recommend her the day of our wedding to my college roommate! Her Vegas wedding was equally personal and amazing. Talk to Anita. You won't talk to anyone else, but everyone at your wedding will be talking about your ceremony for months to come.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Scott · Married on 03/09/2013

Anita was one of the few people involved in the planning of our Civil Union that made things easier for us. Thanks for all your help! You were absolutely great!

Sent on 08/30/2013

Anita agreed to officiate our wedding with just two months notice after our original officiant became unavailable on our wedding date. In a short amount of time, we worked together to create a wonderfully personal and fitting ceremony that worked for our non-traditional wedding. Anita offered great suggestions and creative ideas, and was simply delightful to work with. She has a warm, calm demeanor and was reliable and professional in every way. Several guests commented after our ceremony that it seemed as if our officiant had known us for many years...a great complement to Anita's ability to fit seamlessly into our special day.

Sent on 08/25/2013

Luis · Married on 09/29/2012

Our friends and family are still talking about the ceremony. The theme is usually the same - "Best wedding ever!" Anita did an excellent job getting to know us and custom designing a ceremony that fit who we are and what we wanted to celebrate. There was nothing unnecessary. Everything was perfect and appropriate for us! I would recommend her to any one I know and I have been.

Sent on 01/21/2013

Karrie · Married on 09/01/2012

Anita did an amazing job. There was not a dry eye in the place, either by sentimental words or making everyone laugh. She tailored our ceremony to fit our personalities and our love. After the ceremony, we had so many people come up and tell us how moved they were. My few favorite compliments form he night was "I learned so much about you both, and I know you!" "I've never laughed or cried so much, that ceremony was amazing", "I'm jealous, I wanted a ceremony like that" and from my uncle "I always hate weddings, they are so boring, your wedding was so different, I actually enjoyed every minute of it". She is an amazing Officiant, having her really made our wedding special. Do yourselves a favor and book her now!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Sandra · Married on 08/25/2012

Anita is truly one of those rare people that can talk with a person, get a feel for them, and figure out what makes them tick. Her ceremony was personal, warm, and totally about us. She walks you through the process step by step and is patient with any questions or concern you might have. We wanted to include a planting ceremony and she took the idea and ran with it. She speaks from her heart and loves people and joining lives. Our guests could not stop complementing the ceremony and how it told the story of "us." You might not want to use Anita if you don't want to cry during your ceremony, because she is sure to deliver a touching speech. My groom and I both agree she was the perfect person to join us for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 08/26/2012

Lauren · Married on 08/10/2012

Anita was amazing! She made our day special, intimate and very unique! We could not have imagined it any better!

Sent on 01/09/2013
  • User2043546 · 2+ years ago

Anita was amazing from our first meeting to answering questions via email, to helping us with vow ideas and our questionnaire. When she sent us our first draft of our ceremony we were both in tears we knew that we had made the right choice in choosing Anita to officiate our special day. We loved our ceremony and we still have friends and family members saying how great it was. I would recommend Anita to everyone, and if we could give her 10 stars we would. Thank you!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Amy · Married on 07/14/2012

Anita customized a ceremony that reflected both of our thoughts, dreams and life together. When you meet with her you can tell she really cares about your wishes. She was very patient with us and was always prompt at returning our emails or phone calls. During the ceremony she was very heart felt and sincere. We have had so many compliments from our guests saying how beautiful and perfect it was. Not only do we think she is amazing at what she does, we now consider her a friend.

Sent on 01/16/2013

Kerry · Married on 07/14/2012

Anita is the absolute best. She asks all the right questions and hears the answers to create the most touching ceremony one could ask for.

Sent on 02/11/2015

Carolyn · Married on 06/02/2012

Anita was a wonderful addition to our wedding crew! From the moment we met her, we knew she was everything we were looking for: confident, flexible, responsible, organized, kind, and willing to meet our indecisive needs. She crafted a wonderful ceremony that incorporated everything crazy for which we had hoped: nothing spiritual, lots of humor, and Star Trek quotes. It was a beautiful ceremony that I promptly bawled my way through and Anita was right there at the alter with tissues for me.

The best part about Anita was her presence on the day of the ceremony. She was calm, cool, and collected. She was willfully in contact with all of our other vendors and coordinators and provided very organized schedules of events for each person. She projected her voice EXTREMELY well and all of our guests said they could hear and understand her words even without amplification (a downfall of many celebrants that I have seen). Anita is like the family member at your wedding you didn't know you had. She really immediately makes you feel comfortable and at ease. I couldn't imagine my wedding with anyone else!

Sent on 06/19/2012
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 05/26/2012

From the moment we met Anita we knew she would be our celebrant. Her upbeat attitude and willingness to customize our ceremony is what drew us to her. Anita was great to work with throughout the whole process and made it enjoyable. She offered suggestions for our ceremony and even added her own touches which we loved! We wanted a funny and unique ceremony and Anita delivered. Our friends and family raved about her and thought that her enthusiasm made our ceremony perfect! Anita took care of everything from start to finish and we didnt have a concern in the world. We highly recommend her and hope that she has continued success for many years to come! Thank you again for making our day memorable and exactly what we envisioned. Love, Carrie & Mike Walker

Sent on 06/04/2012

Megan · Married on 05/12/2012

Anita was great. We were worried about coming up with something that made our ceremony personal, but she spent time getting to know us and was right on with our personal expressions of love and our story.
    She made it easy at a time when things seemed to be more difficult than they should be.
    Highly recomended! We will be contacting her again for our other celebrations.

Sent on 05/25/2012

Sara · Married on 04/28/2012

Anita was an absolute delight to work with. She made us feel so at ease about the most important aspect of our wedding. She gained insight into who we are as individuals and as a couple, and while recognizing our values, created a unique wedding ceremony that truly reflected our personality! All of our guests were wowed with her charisma and how personal she made our ceremony. They commented on how much it felt like "us." We couldn't imagine having it any other way!

Sent on 05/20/2012

Michelle · Married on 04/07/2012

Anita rocked it out at our wedding!! She was fantastic and really truly made our ceremony very special. All throughout the night we heard, "I have never been to a more beautiful ceremony." This is because of all her hard work, thoughtful touches, and positive energy! We could't have picked a more thoughtful and sincere person! Also, there was an issue with our marriage license that she found and took care of without Mathew and I having to lift a finger (other than going to get a new license...but she called, directed, etc.). We would recommend her with complete enthusiasm and 110% guarantee!

Sent on 04/09/2012

K · Married on 11/19/2011

Anita promises a personalized service and delivers with good humor. When at first we didn't give her a lot to work with, she wrote a beautiful service for us, then almost completely rewrote it once we figured out what we wanted. More than one relative asked if she was a friend of ours because she spoke so intimately and warmly of us. She's got great comic timing--people laughed! at a wedding! and she doesn't have the religious baggage of other officiants we interviewed (she's happy to give you as much or as little religion as you want). It was hard for us to focus on the ceremony in the weeks before the wedding, and she was nothing but patient with us. She's just a genuinely nice person who's very good at what she does. Our guests were gushing about our ceremony afterward, and still are. Friends who are getting married this year have asked for her name. A coworker's date who met us during pre-dinner cocktails said she felt like we were old friends of hers. We have no regrets about choosing Anita. Thanks, Anita!

Sent on 04/11/2012

Molly · Married on 09/24/2011

When I first signed the contract to get married at the Shedd Aquarium, I realized I was not allowed to have a priest / pastor marry us. While this wasn't a huge deal, I didn't know how to go about finding someone. My wedding planner, Lauren from LOLA Event Productions recommened Anita - one of the best decisions I could have made.

Anita was so amazing and catered to whatever thoughts / ideas Matt and I could come up with. She will do traditional vows, non-traditional vows, etc. - we wrote our own vows. She would help me with wording when I got stuck, needed the vows to flow better and even gave me really good advice for the big day. She told me to not be afraid to pause if I am crying to much while reading the vows, and I still think of this advice to this day when I watch my wedding video.

She came to our rehearsal dinner and really had a blast with my family - everyone loved her! She was so amazing I wanted to give her a special gift. The first time we met Anita, somehow she mentioned that she loved octopus - so I found an octopus keychain at Coach for her.

After the wedding she even sent us our vows all nice and laminated - a wonderful keepsake. I will definitely be recommending her to future brides!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Cori · Married on 09/10/2011

Anita was absolutely AMAZING! Of all the vendors we used for the wedding she was definitely one of our favorites. From the first time we met at a coffee house to the day she performed our ceremony we had absolutely zero issues with her. She really made an effort to get to know us as individual people, and of course as a couple. The ceremony she wrote for us was phenomenal! A month before the wedding she sent us her first draft, and was more than willing to change anything we wanted till it was absolutely perfect. We weren't exactly sure what we wanted to use as a unity ceremony so she went through some options for us, and we chose what we liked best. We ended up choosing a unity ceremony we had never seen performed, nor had most of our guests. It was awesome. We got so many compliments from everyone about how enjoyable the ceremony was, and we have Anita to thank for that! We love Anita, and will definitely be keeping in touch with her even though the wedding is done! We would DEFINITELY recommend her to anyone needing a celebrant for their big day! Thank you Anita, from the bottom of our hearts; you made our special day extraordinarily amazing!

Sent on 09/19/2011

Adina · Married on 09/04/2011

Anita was awesome! We got so many compliments on our ceremony. We were able to bring both of cultures together in a unique and loving way. It was nice to be able to assist in creating our ceremony with Anita. We would strongly recommend her, she is hardworking and very easy to work with.

Sent on 09/18/2011

Kate · Married on 09/03/2011

I can't begin to tell all of you couples out there how wonderful Anita truly is! By the time your wedding rolls around you feel like Anita is part of the family and it simply would not have been the same had she not performed our ceremony. From the moment you meet with Anita she makes it clear that it is all about YOU, she wants your day to be as special as you can dream it to be. Anita takes the time necessary to really get to know each of you and she builds your ceremony from what YOU tell her. She responds back to any questions/concerns just as fast as she can. I never waited more than a day to hear back from her. She cares about making your day wonderful. She truly is a gifted woman and you should not consider any other officiant to perform your ceremony, she is your lady!

Sent on 09/19/2011