AnitaWeds Reviews

109 | Des Plaines, IL

109 Reviews for AnitaWeds

Sarah · Married on 08/27/2016

Anita delivered the perfect ceremony for us and made the entire process simple. The guests loved our ceremony and made a point to tell us how much they enjoyed it and how it was a true representation of us. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Vee · Married on 07/09/2016

Anita is awesome! I love how she asked us about our love story and included in the ceremony. Gave us a few drafts to look over and tweaked and tweaked until we were 100% happy. She was very professional and so personable. Outstanding!! We were a bit on the unconventional side and did not know what to expect from an officiant but she made it so unique and special and so... us! She will hand-craft your ceremony as she notes on her website and that she did! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Nicholas · Married on 04/08/2016

When we were originally thinking about our wedding there was a lot of debate over whether we should have a friend officiate or if we should hire someone professionally. We decided to meet with Anita after reading some positive reviews, and we immediately realized that she was the right choice for us. We talked with her a couple of times and each filled out a document with questions about ourselves, our relationship, the ceremony we wanted, and our friends and family. With just that info, Anita was able to put together a ceremony that felt uniquely ours, and she provided it to us well in advance so we were able to tweak the couple very minor things that didn’t fit us perfectly. We heard a lot of positive feedback about the ceremony in general, and about Anita in particular. The ceremony Anita crafted reminded everyone of who we were, individually and as a couple, and was a great way to kick off our lives together.

Sent on 05/14/2016

Andrea · Married on 04/04/2016

We were lucky enough to have Anita officiate our intimate ceremony. We are lucky enough to be friends with her still, she's seriously one of the coolest women I know! She asked personal questions to get to know us and crafted perfect vows. She stood outside with us in freezing weather, smiling the whole time. She customized our ceremony to include a hand fasting ritual and excess every expectation. So lucky to have met Anita, and you will be too! She loves what she does and it shows!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Maureen · Married on 11/08/2015

Hiring Anita was one of the quickest decisions we made in the wedding planning process, and the best. We first met over coffee and we were instantly comfortable with her warm personality and attention to detail. She worked with us to create the perfect warm and intimate ceremony that we wanted. We received so many compliments afterward, many from folks who thought Anita was a family friend. Another guest remarked that the ceremony felt less like a "show" and more like the guests were sharing in our ceremony and our story. Anita was also very easy to work with throughout the planning process. She answered all of our questions and was very responsive to requested edits to the ceremony draft. We didn't make many edits to her first draft, but it was great to know that we had finally say over every last line. Anita is a true pro and we can't recommend her highly enough.

• User3362032 · 2+ years ago

Anita was absolutely amazing! She did a phenomenal job with our ceremony and was so patient and helpful throughout all the planning. She had also married my brother and his wife a few years before and was fantastic then too! I'm so happy I chose her to marry us because she made the ceremony and wedding everything we could have dreamed of. I can't think of a better person to officiate a wedding. I highly recommend! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Nineka · Married on 08/07/2015

She did an awesome job! Love her!!! Would recommend her to my friends and family.

Sent on 12/20/2015

While wedding planning, we knew choosing an officiant would be among the most important decisions. While some friends recommended judges, we knew we wanted something more personalized. We also didn't want a fast, 5 minute ceremony. I had heard about Anita from a friend who highly recommended her, and as soon as we met Anita I could see why. Anita used our input to write a personal, fun, and meaningful ceremony. Working with Anita on the ceremony was such an enjoyable process, too. Of all the aspects of our wedding, we received the most compliments on the ceremony itself. In addition, several members of our wedding party commented on how friendly and easy going Anita was at our rehearsal and at the wedding. Overall, we could not be happier with Anita and the ceremony she wrote and officiated, and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding officiant.

Kelsey · Married on 07/11/2015

We used Anita for our wedding on 7/11/2015, and we were so happy with how our ceremony turned out! She really understood our wants, needs, and personalities, and crafted them into a ceremony that truly reflected our relationship. Our guests raved about how unique everything was and how they couldn't believe she wasn't a close family friend. She even took our story of how we first met eating cookies and turned it into a cookie-eating unity ceremony. Genius! She was also very warm, professional, and organized, and she made the ceremony process very stress-free. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/24/2015

Katy · Married on 02/21/2015

Anita was our officiant for our wedding this past weekend. She is the BEST!!! I cannot recommend her enough for anyone looking for an officiant for their wedding. One of our big concerns was finding someone who would officiate our wedding without including any religious elements in the ceremony. Anita was so accommodating to our wishes and was just the nicest sweetest woman I've ever met. She interacted so well with our wedding party and our families. Anita wrote us a unique ceremony, based on me and my husband and our story, and included quotes and stories that we chose, as well as coming up with other elements of the ceremony that reflected us perfectly. Everyone at the reception was just raving about how much they liked Anita and how beautiful the ceremony was. I could not be happier with our choice of Anita as our officiant, and would absolutely recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 02/23/2015

Adam · Married on 10/18/2014

Anita was AMAZING! Sarah at Creativo Loft recommended her to us and we are so glad we used her! All of our guests thought that the ceremony was perfect! After meeting her we knew she was perfect for us! She took the time to get to know us and understood what we were looking for in an officiant. Her survey was fun to complete and the ceremony writing/review process went great.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Diana · Married on 07/18/2014

I couldn't have picked a better officiant for my wedding. My husband and I had wanted a ceremony that was not based on religion. I was specific with Anita on a few topics that were considered musts for our ceremony and also mentioned that I needed her to somehow incorporate touching upon both my late mother and my husband's late mother without providing guests with extreme sadness as the passings were fairly recent.

Anita couldn't have provided a more beautiful ceremony...the words she used and the form of expression in which she honored us as a couple and our mothers on our wedding day was something that I will never forget. My guests continue to talk about how they loved how personal the entire ceremony was to our relationship. They loved the words Anita wrote and the meaning behind them. Our day was very emotional and we have Anita to thank for that.

On top of the beautiful words she wrote for us, Anita was extremely professional with timely replies, openness to any revisions/adjustments requested and was just a pleasure to work with.

I highly highly highly recommend her to anyone looking for an officiant. I had never met Anita before planning my wedding and truly hit the jackpot with finding her.

Thank you Anita for all you did for Rich and I. We are forever grateful and will never forget our day.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Melissa · Married on 07/13/2014

Looking back, we cannot imagine having had anyone other than Anita officiating our ceremony. From the moment we sat down with her for our first meeting, we knew she was the right choice. Anita created a custom ceremony that completely reflected us as a couple. We are still getting complements on how unique and touching it was.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Missy · Married on 07/12/2014

Anita did a beautiful job officiating our wedding. She created a personalized ceremony that truly reflected our love for each other. We received continuous positive feedback from our guests about the ceremony. Our guests felt they were able to get a picture of our love story and get to know us as a couple. We are so grateful to have worked with Anita and highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/30/2014

Glenna · Married on 06/08/2014

Anita was the best decision we made for our wedding. She was warm, friendly, funny and made us a personalized and perfect ceremony. She was flexible, agreeable and worked so hard to make everything perfect! Everyone raves about how perfect the ceremony was, and it truly was perfect. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Shannon · Married on 11/23/2013

Anita was a joy to work with! We had so much fun planning the ceremony. She made it so personal to us. We got so many compliments on how much our ceremony reflected us as a couple and it was all due to Anita's work. Anita is simply fantastic!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Heather · Married on 10/19/2013

We could not have asked for anyone better to perform our wedding this past weekend. Anita is truly the best in the business and a true professional. She knew exactly how to make our wedding exactly like we envisioned. My fiance is Catholic and I am Jewish and she was able to perfectly incorporate special traditions from both religions in to our wedding. I could not be more thrilled with Anita and would recommend anyone who is looking for an officiant to use her for your wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2013

The · Married on 10/12/2013

Anita was icing on our wedding cake! At our initial meeting both of us felt extremely comfortable, it was like talking to a member of our family or a close friend. She had us fill out a questionnaire (very thorough) taking into account all kinds of information about our relationship and story. We laughed and cried, and felt she understood us as a couple. It was actually really fun to complete a month or two before the wedding. She sent us a draft of the sermon and it was excellent, everything we wanted and more. We had a ton of our family members (of all religious and non-religious backgrounds) and friends come up to us afterward and raving about the service and the way she told our story (like she knew and cared about us)! We had to run around quite a bit the day before the wedding and on the wedding day, but she made it so nice, she was flexible, knowledgeable, and calming. Not to mention, she helped a rather frazzled bridal party light candles, and everything else that needed to get done before the ceremony started. We truly did not appreciate, until we went through this entire process, the incredibly important/ invaluable role of a celebrant (more specifically Anita). We're only allowed to give Anita 5 stars here, but we would give her many more if possible! Have Anita conduct your service, you won't regret it!

Sent on 04/06/2014

Rebecca · Married on 09/28/2013

Words can never put into words how AWESOME Anita is! Our wedding was about 5 months ago and we're still getting compliments on Anita (people that "crashed our ceremony" even stopped me to say it was the most beautiful ceremony they ever witnessed)! She's has an amazing gift to tell your story and rope your guests into it! I have to say that between the laughs, the tears and the complete awe of the all the personalization of our ceremony/vows...everyone left our wedding knowing our real love story and knowing us just a little better and isn't that the purpose of bringing two families together and making a lifelong commitment! Our wedding ceremony was PERFECT and that's all thanks to Anita! She's worth every penny!!! I have never been to a more personalized wedding then my own and for that I will be forever grateful to Anita! She truly made the most important part of my wedding such an amazing memory! Thanks, Anita - you're an angel!!!!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Melinda · Married on 09/08/2013

Our officiant was actually the last vendor that we booked; luckily, we found Anita. At our first meeting both my husband and I were at ease, she's amazingly easy to talk to and really enjoys what she does and who she works with. Having a Celebrant meant a lot - celebrating love and all its forms. She wanted to find out about us, our hobbies and what we wanted for our ceremony. We were able to talk candidly about not having a religious ceremony, and things that were important to us. She sent us a questionnaire to fill out about ourselves and each other, and from there crafted a ceremony. We read it over, changed some things, and she sent us back a re-worked ceremony with our changes.
    Our ceremony was wonderful. Romantic and funny, light-hearted and sweet, it was perfect. Thank you so much, Anita!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/07/2013

Anita did a wonderful job officiating at my wedding. My husband and I did not know what we wanted, and she patiently met with us to get to know us and discuss ideas, and then sent several drafts of the ceremony until we were completely satisfied. Many, many guests commented that it was one of the most beautiful ceremonies they had ever seen.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/03/2013

My husband and I attended a wedding last summer that Anita officiated. At that time, we were not yet engaged and had no plans for a wedding anytime soon, but we both commented on how beautiful and personal the ceremony was and that it was the best wedding ceremony either of us had ever attended. We contacted Anita as soon as we became engaged. We were prepared to plan our wedding date around her schedule. As it turned out, she was available August 3rd, our first choice of dates. This was a second wedding for both of us and we have 5 children between the two of us. Anita made the ceremony a story of our lives, and she did most of the work. She asked us to answer a list of questions (via email) and based on the answers and our personal preferences, she created the most perfect and personal ceremony. It is not a typical or predictable ceremony. Everyone who attended had the most positive comments about Anita and the ceremony. She is professional and an excellent speaker. She is also very easy to work with, easy to contact, and she works around your schedule for the few meetings you do with her in person. She allowed us to include the children and she gave us some ideas for including the children and making the ceremony ours. The ceremony was the best part of our wedding and we could not be any happier with Anita's work.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Myra · Married on 07/27/2013

Anita served as the Officiant for our wedding in July. She came to us highly recommended, from people whose opinions we trusted, and they were so right! Our wedding was a bit untraditional, but not completely so, which presented a bit of a challenge (not just to Anita, but to all our vendors). We were intent on setting a particular tone -- fun, but not funny; elegant, but not stuffy; informal, but not casual. As you can see, this was kind of a small target to hit...but Anita managed to nail it! The ceremony was gorgeous, memorable, amazing. We have had SO many people tell us just how much they loved it, how moving it was, yet how accessible. (Even the waitstaff, who must have to stand there for dozens of ceremonies each year, told how unique and cool it was.) As for Anita, she was as easy to deal with as one could hope. She offered advice, when asked to do so; she listened -- carefully -- to everything we threw at her, and she rolled with every punch. As we rejected one reading after another, for being too this or not enough that, she soldiered on, finally helping us come up with a ceremony that absolutely conjured up the emotion we were hunting for, but which we couldn't really articulate. And the ceremony itself was amazing. Anita is a presence, sure, but a calming presence. She commands your attention, but in a totally good way, never taking the attention off of us. Finally, she managed to personalize the ceremony in a way that manages to teach even our closest friends and family a lot about us that they likely did not know. Anita rocks! We could not be happier with how she handled our wedding, from first meeting all the way through the ceremony.

Sent on 08/26/2013

Casey · Married on 06/29/2013

Anita served as the officiant for our wedding. She did a wonderful job working with us to create a ceremony that included just the right balance of tradition without offending anyone from our two different families (jewish and christian). Thanks, Anita!

Sent on 08/24/2013

Rachael · Married on 06/22/2013

We knew from our first meeting with Anita that she was perfect for our wedding!! She has such a warmth and friendliness, she is also very knowledgeable. We knew we wanted to write our own ceremony, and she worked with us every step of the way, had great suggestions, and good understanding of the flow/timing of a wedding. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect, we are so grateful to have had Anita as our celebrant! :-)

We are still awaiting the keepsake copy of our wedding ceremony, which will help us keep these special memories alive in the years to come!

Sent on 09/10/2013