Angelus Bridal & Formals Reviews

76 | Pompano Beach, FL

76 Reviews for Angelus Bridal & Formals

I found the dress i was looking for here!! They are awesome!

Sent on 05/24/2014

Rhonda is AMAZING! I seriously went to 15 bridal stores! My 1st stop was Angelus and that is where I returned. Rhonda knew right away what looked good on me and didn't. She picked out my style immediately. She accessorized, took time to let you see what you liked, took pictures from every angle, changed veils, changed back and forth between 2 dresses for multiple days and ALL with a CALM SMILE. She fits you right in the way the dress is suppose to look and knows what she is talking about! The other staff members are super nice as well. I bought my dress here and have Rhonda to thank for it! Prices are great as well. Make this a must stop and ask for Rhonda!

Sent on 09/19/2013

Emily · Married on 11/16/2013

I went to Angelus Bridal as my 1st dress shop. I didn’t think I would find a dress. I am so picky. I went there because my Aunt went to Angelus before when she got married & loved the selection!
    As we walked in the, owner Coco, gave us all hugs & kisses. Coco said that Rhonda will be my consultant & told me I could start picking out dresses. I was a bride in dress heaven! They have a huge selection! Any bride can go in Angelus & find the perfect dress.
    Rhonda introduced herself to me & my family. She set up everything for the trying on process. When I came out to show my family, I voiced what I didn’t like about the dress & Rhonda paid attention to that. SHE ACTUALLY LISTENED TO WHAT I SAID! This is a rare thing to find in retail. She knew what I was looking for by what I said I liked & didn’t. As I was changing to leave, felling a little upset that I did not find “the” dress. She ran into my room & said I have one more dress! I was so happy! When I put on the dress it was the perfect style. When I showed my family they fell in love with it! Rhonda knew right away I wanted a little more sparkle, so she pulled the most beautiful belt for the dress. She still knew that it was missing something for me; she put a tulle overlay over the bottom. When the dress all together, I started to cry because I knew that was my dress! Rhonda created my dress!
    Once everything was done she told me that she changed her plans to stay after closing for me. I love that she didn’t rush me out & let us stay late to make sure that I found my dress. She was very knowledgeable of the inventory.
    As an added bonus, the prices are amazing! I couldn’t be happier with the dress & that the cost was not crazy expensive. Angelus is the best dress store; the prices & selection can’t compare to anyone else!
    This is a store that you need to go to first; you will find what you want & can’t beat the price! I highly recommend having Rhonda as your consultant; she’s a wedding dress Angel.

Sent on 02/27/2013

Michaela · Married on 08/07/2013

I got the wedding dress of my dreams at Angelus bridal. My bridal consultant was Rhonda and she was so friendly, courteous, and helpful. I came with an idea of what kind of dress I wanted and didn't want, but she helped to pick out some dresses that had a mixture of what I wanted and what I maybe didn't want at first glance. She encouraged me to try them on. What was funny, was the kind of dress I thought I didn't want was the very dress that was perfect for me. I am thankful that she was kind enough to help me see what I couldn't. Although my bridal consultant does make a commission off of each dress sold, the same dress she encouraged me to try on and the one I eventually bought was cheaper than the other dresses that I picked out. She didn't even care about the money, she wanted me to have what I wanted! Many people would push for the more expensive dress, but Rhonda was caring and made sure above all else, I was happy. For each fitting, Rhonda was there and made sure my dress was exactly as I wanted it. Thank you Angelus bridal for such a great range of styles and Thank You Rhonda for your helpfulness and kindness during such a wonderful time in my life!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Caryn · Married on 06/22/2013

I walked into Angelus Bridal with intentions of just looking at swatches for my bridesmaids dresses. I still hadn't found my own dress and learned that they carried bridal gowns from the designer I had been searching for.

Rhonda was the first person to greet me and I have to say that she was absolutely AMAZING!!! I got to try on 4 dresses today by Mori Lee. I am in a woman's size (18-20) bridal gown and was concerned about not being able to try on the dresses because they wouldn't have my size. But Angelus bridal has a very large selection in all sizes. All of the dresses that Rhonda pulled for me fit me like a glove and looked so gorgeous. I felt glamorous in each of them. I loved that my problem today was "which one do I choose" and not "they don't have it in my size to try on".

With Rhonda's help, I found my dress today! The staff at Angelus Bridal are all so friendly. But I personally think I hit the jackpot with Rhonda, not only was she great at knowing which dresses to pull to flatter my figure, we also had a great time today. I had my "say yes to the dress" experience. I really enjoyed Rhonda so much.

And while at Angelus Bridal today, I visited with their in house floral vendor and ordered my flowers and also did a cake tasting which was delicious! I will be booking my next appointment with the cake vendor!

Oh and one last thing, the owner of this store invented a strapless bra that you will fall in love with. No back fat, full lift and support, and a flattened waist line. I couldn't believe it!

Sent on 07/07/2012

Amazing experience! My dress was exactly what I had always imagined. I live out of state and they were able to ship to me with no problems. My veil, head piece and extra 'bling' for my sash also arrive in perfect condition. No problems. Easy to work with. Excellent Communicators!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Martina · Married on 03/23/2013

WOW, loved every experience i had going here. They are willing to work with you and always with a friendly smile. Big props go out to Rhonda always so friendly and helpful. You have to TRY the bra the owner desgined talk about pull you in ALL the right places.

Sent on 04/03/2013

Leslie · Married on 03/22/2013

I visited Angelus Bridals & Formals looking for a wedding dress for my March 2013 wedding. I knew that I had to find something quickly in order to get it in time. I visited the store without an appointment and was greated by a very friendly woman who invited me to look through the dresses to see if there was anything that I liked. My mom and I went through the dresses, but didn't see anything that I thought I would like. We were starting to walk out when Rhonda approached us and asked if I had a few minutes to wait for her to finish with her appointment. So I waited and I am glad I did. I told her my budget and what I was looking for. She pulled 4-5 dresses for me, but I only tried on three. The first was pretty, the second was amazing and I thought I was sold, but then I tried on the third and I knew I was done. The dress was stunning and at the very bottom of my budget. It was a one shoulder dress and I was looking for strapless and Rhonda showed me how it could be altered to be exactly what I wanted. She was so friendly and helpful. I also loved that she was trying to find the best dress for me and not the most expensive to make a better sale for them. I ordered my dress that day and I am completely satisfied. Rhonda is great at knowing what dresses to pull that will flatter your figure. I had a great experience at Angelus with Rhonda.

Sent on 10/25/2012
  • JAMIE

JAMIE · Married on 03/22/2013

From the moment I walked in to Angelus, I was greeted professionally and politely by Jennifer. She listened to my requests and found me the perfect dress. She is very sweet and knowledgeable with the dresses. I found the perfect dress and veil here within my price range. They have designer dresses at a discounted price. There is truly something for everyone here and they are certainly willing to help in every way. Coco is the owner and he designs a Bra that I also purchased from them also. Best bra ever!!!! It's strapless and low in the back, but gives you the full support where it matters. It took about 10 pounds off me!!! See Reina for any alterations because she is the best in S. Florida!!! Highly recommend this boutique to any woman of any size looking for the perfect dress!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

I went there to get an idea of what dress I wanted. I had already been to davids bridal and I couldn't find what I was looking for and they didn't seem to in touch with my wants and needs. Rhonda was wonderful, she asked me a few simple questions, and then new exactly what I wanted. She new what I wanted before I did. I found my dress today, and am so thankful that I went to Angelus!

Sent on 11/16/2012

Nicole · Married on 02/09/2013

You can't judge a book by its cover! This place doesn't look like a great bridal shop but it truly is. The employees are more than helpful and patient my dress came in way before the ETA and I couldn't have had an easier experience.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Melissa · Married on 12/29/2012

I don’t think I can say enough great things about Angelus Bridal Formals. I loved their dresses and their people. I tried on a few dresses as soon as I got engaged and a year later I came back and bought the one that still caught my eye. Coco, the owner, even salsa danced with me so I could ensure being able to move in my dress. After that big task was over I asked to see some bridesmaids’ dresses and immediately fell in love again. A few months later I came back and found the perfect dress for my mother too. Anytime I thought I ran into a hiccup, Coco quickly found a solution. I am so glad Angelus Bridal Formals were the ones by my side through the planning process. I did shop around and the best dresses with the best prices were always at Angelus Bridal Formals.

Sent on 03/08/2018
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2012

One word. "Awesome" Everyone there was amazing to work with. They even held my dress for 8 months after it came in.

Don't go anywhere else.

P.S. Use the seamstress who rents the shop out in the back of the store. "Reina" she is AMAZING and affordable.

Sent on 11/17/2012

Christine · Married on 10/01/2012

My sister & I are getting married this year. I tried on about 30 dresses prior to going to Angelus Bridal. I called a different store three weeks ahead of time to make an appointment for me and my sister and told them there would be 5 of us total. The other store said "no problem." Apparently it was because we arrived and there was 1 chair for someone to sit, the store was so cluttered and we were told we'd have to hurry up because she (the store owner) had another bride arriving in 15 minutes! My mother was so upset and told her how I traveled 4hrs to visit her store(I live in north central Florida). The owner shrugged her shoulders and walked away.

My sister found Angelus Bridal online and was able to get us an appointment immediately. The staff makes you feel as if you are a part of their family. They were extremely inviting, very helpful, and willing to go the extra mile. I can not say enough about this staff. Both my sister & I found our dresses that day! I also ordered one of the Flattering Me Bras, and it was well worth the money.

After leaving I emailed Coco and he was very prompt with corresponding with me. If you are looking for a dress, this is THE place! I'm glad I drove the 4hrs to them, I am beyond satisfied.

Sent on 01/24/2012

The staff at Angelus Bridal is amazing. They were so helpful while I was trying on TONS of dresses before finding the perfect one. I fell in love with one dress, but thought it was too revealing for the ceremony. The owner came by and helped come up with an idea that I ended up LOVING when it was finally completed. Very knowledgeable staff, very professional and extremely affordable. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/03/2013

Andrea · Married on 07/28/2012

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!! My sister and I are getting marrried this year, myself in July and her in October. We made an appointment at another store to find dresses and were told we would have to wait an hour to receive help and they did not have any place to accomodate the wait. After 15 mins of frustration I googled bridal stores in the area, Angelus Bridal came up. I called immediately to see if they could squeeze us in and they did!! Not only did they take us the same day but they had plenty of room for our large family. The owner is just as amazing as his staff!!! They made the most important day of our lives so exciting and the most memorable experience ever. If you are in need of a dress this is definately the spot!! Thank You Angelus Bridal staff for making me feel like the most beautiful bride ever!!

Sent on 01/10/2012
  • DesireeNorth

Desiree · Married on 07/21/2012

I didn't try on any dresses prior to going to Angelus, I knew exactly what I wanted and I would not settle. I walked in, no appointment, and described the gown to the sales woman. Luckily, they had the dress I wanted (for a steal!) and didn't pressure me to try on anything else. I left that same day, not 20 minutes later, completely satisfied. The bridal sales team here are the most helpful and efficient women I have ever met. I am so excited to wear my gown, I can't wait for my wedding so I can see the look on my husband-to-be's face. Thank you SO much!

Sent on 02/21/2012

Meghan · Married on 03/31/2012

Angelus Bridal and Formals was the absolute last place I looked for my dress. I went down to Miracle Mile and all the high-end bridal shops from Boca to Miami, but it wasn't until I found Angelus Bridal that I found my dream wedding gown. This place has a lot of variety, and the dresses will not break your bank account. My dress was only a fraction of what I actually budgeted for and I LOVED my dress so much more than the expensive designers. They also have a seamstress in their store that will do any/all alterations that you need for a very reasonable price. Their staff was so friendly and really make you feel like you are the only bride in the world. I have recommended them to many other people and would highly recommend them for ANYONE; If you are looking for a high-end designer dress or even something less formal, you will definitely find what you are looking for here!

Sent on 11/08/2013
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 03/10/2012

After extensive internet searching and checking several local bridal stores, Angelus had everything I needed for myself and my bridesmaids. Not only do they provide quality merchandise, their sales to associates (especially Rhonda Williams) were very knowledgeable, professional and willing to go above and beyond to assist in ensuring that my wedding day went off perfectly. I recommend this store highly.

Sent on 04/08/2012

Kelly · Married on 11/19/2011

I went to Angelus under the recommendation of a friend. I tried on a few dresses but they didn't really suit my wedding theme. Angelus, the owner, approached me on the way out and recommended that I tried on a dress he thought was perfect for my ceremony. I tried it on and fell in love. Their in house alterations woman is awesome as well.

Sent on 12/05/2011
  • Elisa

Elisa · Married on 11/11/2011

Coco the owner was a pleasure to work with and he really did all he can to help me get the dress of my dreams. Rhonda was the BEST person I've ever worked with at any store. She helped me from day one to find my dream dress and did everything to ensure up until the day of the wedding that it was perfect.

Anyone looking for the perfect dress MUST visit Angelus Bridals as they have every dress imaginable and will work with you to ensure you get what you want.

Sent on 11/23/2011
  • W

Hope · Married on 07/21/2011

I came in with out an appointment and was given full attention. I come from Canada and could not beat the price for such a gorgeous dress. I probably saved at least $500. The service was great and I am very excited to wear it!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Diana · Married on 07/15/2011

Angelus was the first store I visited based on a recommendation from a friend who had been to A LOT of places in Boca, Miami, Coral Gables, etc. My consultant Melissa was FANTASTIC!!! I tried on a few dresses and found a few I kind of liked. I went to a few other stores because I couldn't just go to one. Once I found the style dress I liked (which was 100% different from my first appt with Melissa), I went back to them because their level of service was a 10 on a 5 star scale and I was hoping, now that I had a different style, that I would find a dress I liked in their store. Rhonda helped me when I went back the second time and picked out styles similar to what I showed her in pictures. COCO saw the first dress she picked and said "that is going to be your dress," I said "nah, I like the other one she is pulling" (which was a dress I tried on in another store and liked A LOT). Sure enough, Coco was RIGHT! I ended up buying the one he said! He was amazing!!! He gave me his HONEST opinions and I never felt like he was just trying to sell a dress to me! There were other ones that were MORE expensive that he said no way to! He pointed out a problem with the dress I really liked that I never would have seen...it would have made me look shorter in pictures, and I could see what he meant in the mirror! I could not believe he saw that! The other store I tried that dress on in, just kept saying how beautiful I looked and it was a perfect dress for me (like they all do). I was 150% satisfied and am so Grateful to Coco, Melissa, and Rhonda! They were all so helpful and made finding my dress EASY! I will recommend them to EVERYONE! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 07/17/2011

Sidnaya · Married on 06/18/2011

After visiting countless bridal boutiques (including one that told me that my $1000 dress budget was very, very small and they didn't think they had any dresses that that price point) I was beyond frustrated with the whole dress shopping process. Finally, on a whim, I decided to give Angelus Bridal a try. I'd seen their storefront countless times while driving down I-95, but never thought to much about the place. The moment I walked in the door I knew I'd come to the right place. Each dress had a price on it and what the percentage off would be if you purchased the sample. The dresses samples seemed to fit an "average" body type. On top of that, Demaris was a wonderful consultant. She was so nice and accommodating and I had her undivided attention whole time I was there.

I was able to buy a sample for far less than my original budget and I could not be happier with my dress. My advice: don't keep driving by this hidden gem of a store. Go inside and look around. I guarantee you'll be happy you did.

Sent on 08/16/2011

Erin · Married on 05/29/2011

I called them one afternoon (the only time I would have been able to shop with my Mom), asked for a certain style of dress, they stayed open late (we arrived at 6pm when they usually close) and had the style dress I called about already hanging for me to try on. I tried it on and that was it! Such great service, they would have stayed all night letting me try everything on if I needed to. I felt very taken care of. They had my dress right on time when I needed it to. The size they recommeded fit me like a glove, I only need minor alterations. Overall, a really great place to check out. They'll treat you like family (and the kind of family you like too)!

Sent on 11/30/2011