Angela Byrd Stylist Reviews

Angela Byrd Stylist 3
Angela Byrd Stylist 4
Angela Byrd Stylist 5

Danielle · Married on 07/24/2015

Angela was great to work with and made my hair look amazing for my wedding! It stayed nearly the entire 4 hour period in the hot sun! She was fun with personality and made me feel comfortable while doing my hair! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/04/2015

D · Married on 07/16/2015

Angie was great, I love her personality! I needed to make a change in plans and without skipping a beat she came to my mothers house to work on my hair and my bridal party. She styled our hair how we wanted it. Our hair style came out beautiful! I would not hesitate to recommend Angie!!!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/23/2015

Angie was so helpful and responsive. I really appreciated how she always emailed back by the next day. It really took the stress off of trying to find someone reliable long distance. Angie did an amazing job on my bridesmaids, mom, and my hair for the day of the wedding. She is so friendly and is a great hair stylist. I am even traveling to St. Augustine to have my hair cut and colored because I liked her so much! Very happy with her service!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Tee · Married on 03/21/2015

Angela was a complete joy to work with! Going for a vintage updo, one glance of a partial picture and she knew exactly how to do my hair in the most beautiful way. I was floored with not only how great it looked, how comfortable it felt, but also how securely it stayed! I danced non-stop for 3 hours and my hair never fell out of place. By the way - her hairspray smells delicious, too!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Heather · Married on 10/12/2014

Angie is AMAZING and affordable! Book her now! She has been my hair stylist/colorist for years and is the best Ive ever been to! So of course I wouldn't trust anyone else with my hair on my wedding day. She is so creative that I even usually say "surprise me" (I'm a bit of a control freak and can be picky) and she wows me every time. She will come to you wherever you are and is very professional and flexible. (My mom decided that she wanted her hair done at the last minute and Angie went through the trouble of fitting her in and then to my horror, my mom cancelled!) She listens to you and you can be assured that you will get exactly what you want. My wedding was on the beach and I wanted my long hair mostly down (crazy, I know). She worked in a side braid across the front with a small braid alongside and then spiral curled the rest using a freezing spray that left it soft to the touch but virtually unmovable on the windy beach for the ceremony and pics after. My hair was perfect and I miraculously had no strands across my face in the beach breeze!!! You will NOT be disappointed!

Sent on 11/23/2014

Jessica · Married on 08/28/2014

USE ANGELA! There are no words for how perfect Angela made my day. Think about your wedding day, you will literally spend more time with your hair and makeup people than anyone else on that day. Angela came to my room and styled my whole party. She kept me calm and on schedule and made us all look like the best version of ourselves. I wanted to have full hair and show off my colored tips and she did it perfectly. My bridesmaids loved their hair (one so much she kept it in to wear out the next night), and did a sweet braid on my flower girl in no time.
    Angela also works VERY fast. She is social but not overpowering. She made herself available in the days leading up to finalize the day of plan. I got the feeling that she reads the bride- I am a worrier and she put me at ease. If a bride needed to be pulled along to finalize details, I think she could do that too.
    A+ all around. My hair lasted all the way until I stepped out of the dress. No worries, no falling.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Jessica · Married on 06/25/2014

Angie was great! I loved how my hair turned out, perfect for my beach wedding! I would recommend her to every bride!

Sent on 12/10/2014

I could not have made it through the day with out her! She not only helped me unload my stuff, but she helped support me through the stress of the day. My hair looked amazing and held all night. Great prices. just wonderful!!!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Katie · Married on 12/13/2013

Two words: HIRE HER. When I first began my search for a hairstylist, I came to wedding wire and found a few in the St. Augustine area I was interested in. I emailed them all asking for prices and if they would travel to my hotel room. Angela was the first to respond and she responded within a couple of hours. I continued speaking with her about pricing and letting her know that I had 7 girls plus me, my mother in law AND my sister in law and flower girl. I was a little nervous that they would all get done before my 4pm wedding, but Angie was wonderful! Not only was she quick to respond with all my questions/concerns but she is just a fun person to talk to! After a wonderful trial appointment, we set up the time for her to come the day of. Because she was only a few minutes away, she did not charge me for a travel fee, which was very nice and not a lot of people were offering that. She arrived early that morning because she was excited... she loves what she does, ladies!
    I could go on and on about how great my experience with Angela was, but just know that you will be getting the best pricing around with great professionalism and amazing results! ALL of my girls were in love with their hair, especially me :)

Thank you Angie! You just made that day even more perfect!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Diana · Married on 12/06/2013

I am so thankful that I found Angela to take care of me and my girls for my wedding day. Due to a series of unfortunate events, I had to cancel my hair appointment and Angela quickly rescheduled me to the next day no problem. But me being me, I was late for the reschedule and Angela still was able to accommodate me I could not have been more thankful. I gave very little direction to her but she nailed it. It was exactly what I had pictured in my mind, and I cried when she put my veil on. : ) She was on time the day of the wedding and let me tell you, this girl can move. She did an amazing job on each and everyone of my girls and even let my Aunt and my sister in law jump in and get their hair done. That was a total 9 ladies that she got done in 4 hours. I could not have been happier, and she is just a wonderful person. While I was freaking out and she was doing my hair, she rest a hand on my shoulder and reminded me to "Just Breathe". Brides you cannot go wrong hiring this gal, she is Auh-Mazing!!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Tammy · Married on 12/01/2013

Angela is amazing. She did a GREAT job doing my hair, but the best part about Angela is that she opened the shop on a Sunday to do my hair for my wedding day, and she also offered to come to the resort where we were staying at, just to do my hair. She is very good at what she does and she is a professional. Thank you Angela for everything.

Sent on 12/28/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2013

Angie was so great. She is very professional and personable. She came to me. She was on time (early actually) and did a fantastic job. I showed her a picture and that is exactly how my hair looked. I felt like I looked like a movie star. For my bridesmaids who didn't know how they wanted their hair done she was able to do style that suited them and their personalities well. I want to do another event just so that I can use her again!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Angela was absolutely amazing. She was so nice and personable from the moment I met her at my hair trial, plus she works fast and her work is beautiful! She responds to emails immediately and answers all questions. On the day of the wedding she had myself, 10 other women, and 2 flower girls hair to do. Everyone's hair was perfect! She is flexible and works with you to try to figure out exactly what you want. She made all the girls feel comfortable during the day and made sure everyone loved their hair. Everyone commented on how great mine and my bridesmaids hair was and how elegant everyone looked. Thank you Angela!

Sent on 02/02/2013

Kathleen · Married on 11/04/2012

There is no one out there like Angie! She has a calm spirit and a good heart, I was drawn to her the moment we met. She is so talented, she makes what she does seem so easy! Thanks for everything :)

Sent on 11/11/2012

Shannon · Married on 10/20/2012

Angela was awesome for my wedding! She showed up on time with all supplies needed. She was very flexible and good at what she does. She had 8 girls to do and got them all done in no time at all. She was also fairly priced. You won't regret hiring Angela!! I would recommend her to my friends in the future!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Carrie · Married on 10/06/2012

Angela took a few pictures I provided and was able to come up with the exact style for my wedding day. She perfectly captured the look I was going for. I have short hair and didn't think that I could pull off an 'updo', but she did exactly that. She's extremely calm and collected the day of, which is only a bonus to what she was able to pull off with my hair! Book her!

Sent on 10/20/2012

Renee · Married on 03/17/2012

Just stunning! Don't question it...just book her!

Sent on 05/15/2012
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/03/2011

Angela is first and foremost a really cool lady. She is laid back and put my stressed out bridal self completely at ease. I met her the day before my wedding and she put highlights in my hair. The next day she did my mom's hair, 3 of my bridal attendants, the flower girl and of course mine. She worked hard that day!!! Everyone looked beautiful. Thanks Angela!

Sent on 12/10/2011

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2011

Angie!!! LOVE HER LOVE HER LOVE HER!!! So much so that I have decided to switch to her for my every day hair needs!! She traveled to us with no additional fee since we were getting ready down the street from her salon. She did 5 bridesmaids and myself...they were all sooo HAPPY with their hair. Loved my hair for the wedding, she did a trial run and worked with all of the suggestions and tweeked it till it was perfect. She listened when any one had a suggestion or concern and worked with every hair type. She is so easy going and fun to be around. The day of your wedding you want someone who will help keep the nerves in check and she did that. She is super professional and her work is amazing!!! You should definitely use her!!! Most definitely worth using her :)

Sent on 10/30/2011

Gina · Married on 10/08/2011

Angela was great! My hair looked better than it ever, a masterpiece. She also went out of her way to drive me back to my hotel so I wouldn't have to take a cab. I would definitely go back! See you next time I am in St. Augustine.
    Thanks

Sent on 10/13/2011

Cara · Married on 06/13/2011

Angela was fantastic!!! She is not only a pleasure to work with but is very talented!!! She is also flexible & understanding to a bride's crazy schedule. Angela made herself available to do two haircuts, 2 grooms hair dos, 2 bridal hair dos & three bridesmaids during our wedding weekend for the Dress Rehearsal & Wedding Day! She also has a very calming personality which is good for a stressed out bride! haha

She did an amazing job with my bridesmaids hair dos! They each had different hair types but she was able to make them all look exactly like the picture I had found!
    She did an awesome job with my hair also! Everyone loved the curls at the Dress Rehearsal especially since my hair is poker straight!

I HIGHLY recommend her to any one who wants excellent service!

Thank you Angela!!! :)

Sent on 06/26/2011

Karen · Married on 04/30/2011

Angela responded quickly to our last minute wedding request. She not only got up very early in the morning but was a delight to work with. My daughter looked like a princess with her hair in a silver clip with her sisters and best friend at her side. I would highly recommend Angela Byrd @ Shambhala Hair Studio in St Augustine

Sent on 05/28/2011

Ashley · Married on 04/09/2011

Angie was fabulous! She did the most amazing job on my hair. I loved that she came to me, instead of me having to travel to the salon on an already hectic day. I wanted to use extensions for volume and length, and Angie was extremely helpful in choosing a good quality but inexpensive product. I also loved that her talent allowed her to work quickly. She has excellent time managment skills, so if you have other girls using her services, you don't have to worry about not being done on time. She did my bridesmaids hair as well, and everyone looked beautiful!

Thank you Angie for making me look gorgeous on my special day!

Sent on 07/14/2011

Tanya · Married on 03/25/2011

Angie of One Love Hair is absolutely amazing! I was so fortunate to have her do my wedding hair, all of my bridesmaids, both mothers, and two flower girls. She was so professional, quick, listened to what everyone wanted, and was fun! I did a hair trial with her a month before the wedding and she worked with me on what I envisioned and also gave me her feedback on what she thought would look good with my face shape and dress style. I got so many compliments on my hair the day of the wedding! I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/26/2011

Allison · Married on 03/01/2011

Angela has done my hair for two seperate weddings, and in both she did a magnificent job. She had to juggle huge parties, specific requests, and a little bit of bridezilla-ness. She made it look easy! She was quick and effective, while definately taking enough time to help us look our best. She and her staff always helped us feel at ease, and that the day was about the wedding, not little trivial things!! Also- in our bridal parties, we all had different hair types, textures, and lengths, and she was able to make them look like a cohesive group. It did not look like a bunch of random hairstyles next to each other! I would never use anyone BUT Angela at Shambhala!!

Sent on 07/14/2011