André Winfrye Events Reviews

23 | Acworth, GA

23 Reviews for André Winfrye Events

Colleen · Married on 05/02/2015

When I got engaged last year, I immediately started to look into venues to host my wedding. After a few tours, I was way over my head. A girlfriend’s mom suggested to my mom that we reach out to Andre Winfrye Events and she assured us that “Violaine would take care of whatever it is that you need!” and how true was that statement. When I first spoke to Violaine on the phone, I think we immediately clicked but when we met in person, it felt like she became my right hand when it came to planning the wedding. 16 months later, I can’t tell you if there was a decision that was made without her input. From the colors, to the venue, the paper used for the invitation, the napkin fold and even the shoes that I wore, Violaine had an input. One think she told me on that was first phone conversation was that “I’m as involved as you want me to be or as uninvolved as you want me to be” and off course I wanted her involved with everything. The wedding weekend was really when I understood the true benefit of her services. Delivery of the welcome bags to the hotel, Violaine took care of that. Monitoring the hospitality suite, Violaine took care of that. The rehearsal, Violaine took care of that. Rehearsal dinner, Violaine took care of that. The morning of the wedding, the sweetest text message from her brought a huge smile on my face. When she needed us to speed things up, Violaine was in my suite putting my shoes to in order to hurry us up for pictures. When I needed to smile more, or be more natural with the photographers, Violaine took care of that. When I was about to walk down the aisle, I was nervous beyond belief. Violaine took me aside and got my nerves back to where they needed to be. The ballroom was beyond what I pictured because Violaine took care of it. When it was time to cut the cake, She was right there telling us the proper way to do it and reminded us to smile for the cameras. She really took care of every single thing! I can’t recommend this amazing woman enough!

Sent on 08/27/2015

Megan · Married on 12/13/2014

This was our families first wedding and I’m not sure what we would have done without Violaine by our side. Violaine came in and took complete care of us. She made our ideas, merged with hers made not only come alive but they came alive effortlessly.
    With her years of experience, Violaine shared with us invaluable thoughts and the best ways to approach things. Because of her, our wedding was absolutely beautiful from the invitations she designed to the personalized napkins, to the gorgeous table settings to ensuring the requested Krispy Crème were served nice and hot. I’ve been to weddings were the families were running around making sure everything was all set but having Violaine in charged meant we were able to totally enjoy every aspect of our wedding knowing.
    Shelli was taking care of all the details! We miss her already!

Sent on 01/07/2015

Miranda · Married on 06/07/2014

Violaine was sent for us, a heaven-sent. Our very homegrown, designed experience! I can’t believe the weekend she created! Under her direction, our whole family experienced a weekend that was made of love and we couldn’t have asked for better. Violaine and her team were exceptional! Her attention to detail, on the letter. Her listening skills, unmatched. Her ability to take my love of travel, my now husband’s love of nature and odd color scheme; stupendous! Words fail to express the true sentiments of her capabilities. In short, I couldn’t recommend her services enough!

Sent on 01/17/2015

Bianca · Married on 05/03/2014

Choosing to use Andre Winfrye Events as our Wedding Planner was the smartest decision we made to ensure we had our dream wedding! Violaine came highly recommended from two different people to plan our wedding in Assisi, Italy. Working with Violaine was better than we ever imagined and to say she went above and beyond in every way possible would be an understatement! Our wedding was highly complex with our venue only providing tables and chairs and everything else outsourced. There were over a dozen different vendors that Violaine had to oversee and coordinate in the months leading up to the Wedding which would have been impossible for us to handle on our own especially from another country. Violaine made arrangements and coordinated travels for all our guests to and from the airport and several different hotels.

Violaine catered to every request we had for our wedding while also providing her expert guidance. She was the driver in selecting many of our vendors including but not limited to the rentals, shuttles, florist, and hair and make up. Having Violaine and her team ensure that all of the details went according to plan day-of allowed my husband and I to enjoy our wedding day without having the stress of simultaneously managing the event. The one piece of advice I would give to any couple starting the process of planning their wedding day regardless if you're planning from a far like us or in the same city, is to hire Andre Winfrye Events as your wedding planner!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Connie · Married on 04/26/2014

I don't even know where to start! After one year of working with violaine to plan our wedding, it seems odd now that we're not emailing back and forth or texting or skyping.
    I planned my wedding with Violaine while living in Seattle and my major requirement when I hired Violaine was that I didn't want to have to lift a finger during the wedding weekend and since I do not live in Atlanta, I just wanted to give my ideas and vision and at the end to sign off on the final bill while she took care of everything. Violaine took that requirement and ran with it! She and her team completely and beyond exceeded our expectations for our special day and we don't know (nor do we want to know) where we would have been without them. I couldn't even tell you who did what. Who did the flowers or the amazing band we had. I just know that I showed up to this great wedding that was in my head and all of the sudden, it was transferred I to reality.! WOW!!

I could never recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/10/2014

Madison · Married on 04/05/2014

My wedding weekend was just perfect! From the parents welcome dinner to the wedding itself, everything was just perfect! We cannot speak highly enough of Violaine - she was an extraordinary partner and helped to make our wedding weekend exactly what we hoped it would be.

Violaine is thorough and responsive - she thinks of every detail ahead of time based on her extensive experience and follows up on any call or email with any request or question, no matter how small or big.

Violaine is also a miracle worker - 2 days before the wedding, a family member who was suppose to do some minor alteration to my gown messed up royally. I was a nervous mess and Violaine was on it. She came to my location, picked me up and took me to someone who took care of the alterations and within 24 hours my gown was back and perfect!

Violaine is creative and thoughtful - she seems to have seen everything that can be done and has lots of ideas to help make an event distinct. She always deferred to us and our own taste and judgment while presenting lots of options. She works with fantastic vendors and partners and seems to know everyone in the business. To every vendor meeting we attended with her, she was always welcome with hugs and smiles. Her reputation precedes her, as it should.

We couldn't have been any happier, and frankly, in the weeks since our wedding, we miss working with her and miss calling her. Our lunches were the best! A Violaine for your wedding is a must!!!!!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Negin · Married on 03/29/2014

I got married on March 29, 2014, and this is the first weekend since then that I've either not been traveling or have not been otherwise busy. As you can see, my schedule is hectic and both my career and my husband's are quite demanding. That is one reason among many that I knew I needed a wedding planner, and I interviewed a few before I decided that Violaine of Andre Winfrey Events was the lady for me. It was the BEST decision I made in my wedding planning process.

If you have gotten this far and are looking at reviews for wedding planners that are in contention, I can tell yo that you are only wasting your time by reading countless reviews because Violaine is the best of the best. Here are just a few reasons why:

1. She is creative;
    2. She is budget smart and will find ways to stretch your dollar without it looking like you're stretching your dollar;
    3. She knows people;
    4. She's responsive;
    5. She's knowledgeable about weddings from all parts of the world (I'm Iranian);
    6. She can get your vendors in line;
    7. She communicates clearly;
    8. She has great taste;
    9. She's positive, upbeat, and energetic; and,
    10. She'll plan the wedding that you can't plan!

Violaine's attributes are not limited to this list. She's a florist too! And, let me tell you, she knows how to make flower arrangements like you've never seen. Not only would I recommend Violaine to my friends, but I have recommended and encouraged my friends to hire Violaine as their wedding planner .

Simply said, there is no way that you, your mom, or any other planner can orchestrate the wedding that Violaine can. My only regret is that I did not hire her much sooner than I did.

Sent on 09/07/2014

Sheryl · Married on 03/08/2014

We can't thank violaine and her team enough for everything they did for our three day wedding weekend. Throughout the past 18 months, Violaine has been on top of everything and handling every issue (no matter how big or small). Her dedication to my wedding made me question whether or not she had other weddings. I'll never forget the day when I asked her that question and in her true fashionable self, she simply said "off course I have other brides but my goal is never to make you feel as though you're not my only bide and it would appear as though I did just that!" And she did! Violaine seemed to be always at hand when I needed her. While our wedding in out of the country and both she and I lived in different sates, our Skype meetings felt like we were seating right across the table from each other. Her quick thinking and in-depth knowledge of everything weddings was and is till very impressive.

On our wedding weekend our family and friends flew in from all over and Violaine was at the airport waiting with each shuttle bus to welcome them! I everyone was incredibly impressed and just fell in love with her bubbly yet strong personality.

Out wedding day was just magical! Every single little detail that she and I discussed was taken care of. My fiancé had gifts delivered to my suite every hour and though Violaine didn't personally deliver each one, her assistant whom I got to know well was at hand. The last gift, a very sentimental one, my fiancée knew only she could deliver it because of the friendship we formed with her.

Everyone who attended the wedding kept asking me and my mom, where did we find her and how can they get a "Violaine" of their own? I know from my wedding alone she's secured two weddings: one of that my maid of honor, the other a girlfriend whom was not even entertaining the idea of hiring a planner. If you're getting married, a "Violaine" is a must!!!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2014

Malia · Married on 12/31/2013

Violaine was just too good to be true and too good for words! When I selected to get married in Umbria, I thought it was going to be easy since the venue supplied a “Wedding Planner” as part of their services but I quickly learned that wasn't the fact. A friend recommended that I contacted Violaine as soon as possible and assured me she would handle everything on my behalf.
    Since the very first phone call we had, I knew she had to be my wedding planner and I immediately felt at ease with her sense of knowledge of the area and the style she wanted to bring to the wedding. Violaine is so sweet, accommodating, funny and just got what I wanted for the wedding. All the things the planner at the venue didn’t want to touch or couldn't help me with, Violaine took care

I am so glad I trusted her 100% with everything, even the vendors recommendations she had were spot on what we were looking for! She made sure everybody was there on time that day and really took care of everything till the last detail. The best part of my wedding day? The entire day! I didn’t have to worry once about what was happening, who was doing what, and just before we were ready to take pictures, Violaine walked into my villa with a box of flowers for my bridesmaids and myself. It seemed like she appeared just before everything on her timeline. Oh…..her timeline!!!! A must have for your wedding to keep you on track.
    Violaine has amazing taste and knows all things weddings. My husband, who is always oblivious to the little things, commented what a great job she had done.
    Violaine became somebody I really like personally and I am so grateful to have found her!

Thank you Violaine!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Kathy · Married on 11/09/2013

I don't live in Aspen, neither does my now husband or Violaine for that matter. How did we pick Violaine you ask? Well, I attended a wedding in Tuscany a few years ago and she was the planner for that wedding. Since she planned a very flawless wedding weekend from a different country, I figured she could do the same from a different state plus Violaine had extensive knowledge of Aspen. I knew they were capable of planning amazing weddings and I can say, their reputation is nothing compare to the actual experience! Violaine and her entire team which included her 15 year old daughter who's only job was to stay with my 3 year old niece throughout the day which was a life saver.

Violaine took the time to really understand our likes and dislike. She asked us questions that at first I didn't understand how it would translate into the wedding but it all came together and represented both myself and my husband.

She expertly orchestrated a one-of-a-kind wedding, exuding impeccable taste and unbound creativity. Just like the wedding I attended in Tuscany, Violaine ensured the entire weekend celebration was nothing less than flawless; my guests were in awe of the weekend and the service they received from Violaine's team. Violaine truly is the epitome of grace and professionalism. I can’t recommend her enough but something tells me she’ll be receiving calls from a few future brides who attended my wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2014

Donna · Married on 05/11/2013

There was a time in my life I would have said “I can plan my wedding all by myself!” I’m the bride who’s OCD about everything and I wanted to do it all for my wedding. After attending a wedding where Violaine was the planner, I was amazed by how worriless my girlfriend was on her wedding day. I was really impressed that every time I saw my girlfriend throughout the reception, Violaine was really just a step behind her. That was my decision for hiring a wedding planner and thanks God I did.

Violaine literally had me at hello! She wasn’t available for my original wedding date so it was only natural that I changed it to accommodate her schedule. I was the only wedding for the month and so the attention I received was second to none. Violaine in a nutshell is organized, uber creative, shrewd, a listener, an enforcer and most importantly very patient.

On my wedding day, all I did was show up be a bride and enjoyed my day. When my husband and I walked into the ballroom for the first time, it looked like something out of a magazine. Something out of the movies and way more than I ever pictured in my mind. Throughout the evening, Violaine was by my side for everything. My introduction, champagne toast, cake cutting, gown changing, made sure I actually eat dinner and even made sure I had my favorite wine at all times. I am not certain how one is able to plan their wedding without a Violaine by their side but I’m in glee that I never had to experience it.

Sent on 11/16/2013

Kimberly · Married on 10/06/2012

Violaine was my rock! From the moment I contacted her, it felt like she just took over the planning right away. The day of my wedding, she took charge of the whole event and I didn't have to do anything except get in my dress and show up! I honestly didn't have to think about a single thing! After our wedding, my mom told us about a few obstacles with the venue and if I had known about them, it would have ruined my day. Violaine was there to handle everything on our behalf and our wedding was truly perfect!I Thank goodness! I cannot imagine our wedding day without Violaine and her staff and I can't recommend her enough!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2012

Victoria · Married on 09/15/2012

Violaine was the best money we spent throughout the planning of our entire wedding!

I went into planning my wedding of 300 people by myself and it quickly proved to be the most stressful thing I ever attempted to do! A friend of my mother suggested that we hire a planner and she recommended Violaine whom she said saved her sanity in the planning of her daughter’s wedding. After meeting Violaine, I can tell you stress was no longer a factor in the planning process!

Violaine was a great balance of everything I think a planner should be. Serious when needed, always a negotiator, a listening ear when I needed to vent, decisive when I couldn’t be and always smiling which was so assuring to me. It seemed as if Violaine knew all the best vendors to work with in Atlanta! I loved that she always knew the right person for the job. Mid planning, my fiancé needed help to plan our honeymoon and he looked at me and said “I bet you Violaine will know just what I need to do” and he contacted her and not that we were shock but she did know just what needed to be done and he hired her to plan our honeymoon! If it looks like I’m praising Violaine, you bet I am! That woman is amazing!

On our wedding day, at 8:00AM I received a call from Violaine and the first question she asked me was “Are you ready to get married?” That was a small gesture but I appreciated receiving that phone call and not that I was worried but knowing that she had everything under control kept me calm.

When my husband and I along with our parents entered the ballroom for the first time that evening before our guests, what we saw was something out of a picture book! Violaine took our vision and transferred it into a breath taking reality. After the reception finished at 1:00AM, my mom told me Violaine was the one to bring our toasting flutes, cake cutters and other important items to her room. Honestly, looking back now, I don’t know what I would have done without her.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2012

Being the procrastinator that I am, I knew the day I would start planning my wedding I would need a planner. My fiancée on the other hand did not understand the value or the importance of having one. The first meeting with Violaine from Andre Winfrye Events is one that I’ll never forget! After she showed us her work and what a typical client file looks like, and how she assist her clients, my fiancée was left speechless! We went into our appointment ready to hire her as a partial planner but left with her as a full service planner! Violaine was truly a life saver, a time saver, a sanity saver, a decision informer, a budget tracker, a confident, and at one occasion a person to vent too! On our wedding day, Violaine showed us the room prior to opening the doors to our guests and all I could do was jump up and down. The room looked exactly like Violaine promised it would and even more! She took our ideas and brought them to reality. Honestly, if you’re planning a wedding, you must have Violaine by your side!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Ebob · Married on 04/14/2012

When the notion of a wedding became a reality for me, I knew two things for sure... First and foremost, I wanted a beautiful wedding without the stress and drama... on a budget of course! Secondly, there was no way I could pull off "beautiful and stress free" by myself considering how much of a procrastinator I tend to be. My first task? Find a great and affordable planner!

When I first met Violaine of Andre Winfrye events, I had no idea what to really expect from a wedding planner. During our initial consultation we got of to a great start, she listened to the vision I had for the day and then together we built on it to create an event that was simply beautiful. The best part was she was willing to work with me on my budget, customizing a package that was just right for me.

Violaine assisted me with finding an excellent venue, negotiating contracts with vendors, creating and designing the decor scheme, and making sure everyone completed assigned tasks in a timely manner. She kept everything together without missing a step. On occasions when I slacked off and dropped the ball (and there were quite a few of these), her little reminder text messages where the jolts I needed to stay on task. Even when we threw curve balls at her and surprised her with more guests than expected at the last minute, she took it in stride and made the best of the situation.

On the day of the wedding she was there every step of the way making sure everything went seamlessly at the ceremony and the reception. Everything was absolutely gorgeous and we had so many compliments about how beautiful and organized the event was.

By the time the wedding day itself came around, I felt I had made a friend who had the right balance of professionalism and camaraderie. If your goal is a beautiful stress free event then look no further than Andre Winfrye Events!

Now if only I can convince her to plan my move out of state!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Eliza · Married on 06/18/2011

My planner Violaine is known to my family as the "cleanup lady"! She earned that name because I hired her about 4 months before my wedding really, to clean up after we fired the original planner. Things I didn't even know I was suppose to be doing, Violaine had a handle on it. The last minute details that would have cause me to panick, Violaine handled it. All I can tell you is, she knew my needs and ensured it was all taken care of.

Sent on 07/18/2011

Joline · Married on 05/07/2011

There's not enough words to tell everyone about the staff at Andre Winfrye Events! They rescued me at the last stage of the planning and one they took over, it was the first time I felt like everything was going to be alright. I once dialed Violaine's number my mistake at 11:30PM but I quickly hung up once I realized what was happening. A few seconds later, Violaine called me to make sure I was ok. That's the kind of person you would be dealing with. 3 days before my wedding, my makeup artist whom I booked months earlier backed out at the last minute and when I called Violaine to tell her, she simply said "don't worry, I'll take care of this. Give me an hour!" 15 minutes later, Violaine called me and with a new artist on the phone for a quick meeting and it was done. Again there's not enough nice words to describe how amazing Violaine is.

Sent on 06/17/2011

Sorajouc · Married on 10/09/2010

There is not enough room here to write all the wonderful things that should be written about Violaine from Andre Winfrye Events! For the past 14 months, Violaine and I have been planning our wedding while I still lived in Canada. Although we were planning this wedding from another country, Violaine made the planning feel so comfortable and virtually stress free.
    At first, my mother was skeptical about hiring a planner at all, but after the initial phone conference, she immediately changed her mind and by the first face to face meeting, my mom could not stop bragging about her. Violaine’s outstanding personality, flare for life, genuine smile and professionalism glued us to her.
    After having many different conversations with several other planners, we realized how important it was to be listened to as Violaine listened to every detail of what we wanted (or at least thought we wanted) guided us in the right path. Every vendor met with Violaine to discuss my wedding and everyone she recommended fit our personality and style.
    Not once did an email go unanswered, a voicemail not returned not a feeling of planning by myself as Violaine was constantly there with reassurances and said just the right thing when needed.
    Two weeks before the wedding, I received a wedding timeline from Violaine that made me smile. In the first paragraph, Violaine thanked all the vendors for participating in our wedding weekend and for giving Brian and I their undivided attention and she included a map to our wedding location. At that moment, I realized the amount of patience and details it must have taken to put that timeline together and I felt the happiest at the moment that I hired her.
    I’ve heard no wedding is perfect but I’m heart to tell you that’s not true as my wedding day was perfect beyond measures! To say Violaine was a life saver would be an understatement and every bride should hire Violaine or a planner like her!

Sent on 12/08/2010

Katherine · Married on 05/22/2010

WOW is all I can say about the team at Andre Winfrye Events. If you're getting married and are in need to a planner for your wedding or a designer for your wedding, this company is the way to go. My planner was the best thing on the planner and having her plan my destination wedding was the best decision I made about my wedding!

Sent on 08/22/2010

Allison · Married on 05/08/2010

I really do not know how we would have survived planning our wedding if we did not have Andre Winfrye events to help us. From the beginning, Violaine (our planner) made me feel like I was her only bride! Her responsiveness to my questions was unmatched because she literally would respond to my emails within minutes. Both Violaine and the staff at Andre Winfrye events
    went above and beyond their duties with my wedding. She truly surpassed our expectations and I couldn’t never asked for better service.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Melanie · Married on 06/20/2009

Violaine was my designer and planner for the year it took me to plan my wedding. What can I say about Violaine? She's amazing, sweet, always smiling and really made me excited about the wedding. At times when certain people (parents) were driving me crazy, she served as my shrink which is something she and I always joked about. If I ever called and got her voicemail, she would call me back within a few hours. It always made me feel like she was looking forward to hearing from me. The day of my wedding, she was in my hotel room at 8:00am with my coffee at hand with a special shot of espresso which is something she asked me about when we first started to plan the wedding. It was the tiny little things like that which makes her an outstanding planner. She knew just how to calm my mom down and believe me, that's not something easy. When I walked into the ballroom at my reception, my hands covered my lips because I was amazed by how much the room looked like I wanted it to but I didn't have to do a thing because she took care of it all. At that point, I could do was turn to her and hugged her because she truly, truly made the entire planning and designing of my wedding the best!

Sent on 03/16/2010

Ashley · Married on 06/06/2009

When I first met Violaine her personality was simply amazing. I don't recall ever having a conversation with her and not feeling upbeat and excited about my wedding. The day of the wedding, she called me before I was scheduled to get my hair done just to give me a little pep talk because she knew how nervous I was that morning. When it was time to get married, she stood by the ballroom doors and told me how proud she was of me because I was on time and we both started to giggle over the experiences we've had in the past year of planning the event. Doing my cake cutting, just before we called everyone over to the table, she showed us the best way to cut the cake. Those are the small things that she did to make sure my wedding day was flawless. From the start she told me to leave all the stress to her and my only job was to be a bride. She delivered on that promise time and time again.

Sent on 07/14/2009

Shontell · Married on 07/16/2011

I had the pleasure of working with Violaine from Andre Winfrye who I hired approximately one year before my wedding. She was worth every penny and them some - I live in Washington DC so she made planning my Atlanta wedding so much easier! Violaine is professional, punctual, has great taste, and knows how to keep things moving along. She also has a great wealth of knowledge regarding all things wedding and a great network in the wedding industry. Violaine took care of everything on my wedding day, all I had to do is show up and enjoy the day. I would highly recommend Andre Winfrye.

Sent on 01/22/2012