Andre Chreky, the salon spa Reviews

84 | Washington, DC

84 Reviews for Andre Chreky, the salon spa

Alicia · Married on 10/20/2018

Disappointed in service

The hair on mostly everyone was amazing. A lot of people were asking two of the girls (that had already got their hair done) when they were going to get their hair done. It looked like they just got out of bed. Luckily my hair stylist was there and fixed both of theirs, but since it was from scratch for the most part, I had to pay her for fixing both of them. I was just disappointed and it added some stress but we got it fixed in time.

Sent on 11/19/2018

malka · Married on 09/05/2010

4.2

I had the BEST hair thanks to Mindy.

I must admit that I was originally assigned someone else and I was very disappointed with my trial. Very. Both the time there (not warm fuzzy bridal time as I had admittedly gotten used to) and the result. I hated that I was feeling sad/disappointed about anything wedding-related (especially superficial hair), and hated even more the diva-ness I thought would accompany complaining, but I'm glad I said something...

Mary was a wonderful coordinator, completely flexible and responsive, found someone else (Mindy) for me, and it all worked out fantastically well. The moms and grandma and bridesmaids also got their hair done, my mom and one bridesmaid their makeup, and I also had a manicure. Everything was great!!

Most importantly, my husband LOVED my hair. As in, more than he's ever liked my hair any other time :)

(Oh and value -- yes, expensive, but basically so are most good DC places and especially if you dare to mention it's for a wedding. But they accept coupons...!)

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • F

Amy · Married on 06/28/2008

4.2

Here's the deal. I went to the best of the best in DC for my wedding, Rodney Pinion at Andre Chreky. He has done famous people and magazine covers. He is highly skilled at both makeup and hair. I loved his personality and patience and creativity. We did a test run that was wonderful. When I came back for the wedding, everything went well with my look and I was happy. I tried to be an easy client though and had a few ideas when I came in.

The only reason I deducted a few stars is because the price is really high and they didn't listen to me on my matron of honor's hair style. We had planned to do her hair to the side, and when the day came, she was ushered off to another stylist who I had not spoken to and they did their own thing. She turned out looking beautiful and I was happy, but when it's your wedding and you are paying a fortune, you want to know exactly what is going on and plan everything.

Sent on 09/27/2008

Samantha · Married on 12/06/2008

2.0

My stylist Tatiana was great! Overall I had a great experience with Chreky.

Sent on 02/23/2009

Stephanie · Married on 06/21/2014

3.6
      3.0

My mum and I had our hair & make up done at the salon.
    First of all, you'll have to prepay for the services because they are JUST THAT BUSY!
    It was very conveniently located from Mandarin Oriental Hotel, which was where we had our ceremony/reception.

The make up artist did an AWESOME Job for me. She gave me a flawless natural glow and made some serious sculpting on my face. I didn't like the heavy eye-shadow she did at first but she was able to change it to a softer/healthier look. SO WORTH the money!

The hairdresser was a little too busy to be bothered to help me with my hair. I explained to her exactly what I wanted and she ended up doing it her own way. I had her do some minor fixings but it really wasn't worth $250 just for the hairdo.

I'll still recommend their services because overall it was good and we were in and out in 2 hours.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2018

3.4

Inconsistent experience

I really enjoyed the hair and makeup trial run and felt like the stylists were very interested in making sure we achieved the look I was hoping for. I also thought the day-of gift was really cute and thoughtful. However on the wedding day the experience felt very rushed and stressful. I was not given an opportunity to look at my hair in a mirror (literally) or ask for changes before the hair stylist left, so my maid of honor ended up helping me with minor changes. When I requested minor corrections to lips and eyebrows the makeup artist was visibly annoyed. Ended up with good enough quality but could have been more enjoyable on the day of the wedding.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Erika · Married on 09/08/2007

2.6
      2.5

Rodney, who was working with me, was amazing. I loved my hair and my makeup (airbrush). He was great!

However, the person who had my mom wasn't worth the money. My mother's hair looked the same as it did before she went in to the salon. My mother complained and asked for more curls and all she did was blow dry it. Same thing happened to my mother-in-law. My mother-in-law cried at the salon because her hair was awful when the first person was finished. so the salon assigned another person and it turned out beautiful. I wish my mother had made more of a scene at the salon so she would have had a better sylist.

Just be careful when you have your whole wedding party's hair done there, you don't know who you're getting. Some of their stylists were definitely not qualified.

Sent on 10/02/2007

Heather · Married on 11/12/2005

1.6
      1.0
      1.0
      2.0

When I went in for the "practice" hair style I loved the design, however, when I went back for my wedding he did a completely different hairstyle. It turned out OK, but did not think it was worth the money we had paid and added stress to the big day. Part of the blame is on me since I did not take pictures of the "practice" style to remind him of what he did, but still thought more time could have been spent once I voiced my concerns the day of my wedding.

Sent on 07/18/2008

lindsay · Married on 07/19/2008

0.4
      0.5

These salon has a reputation for being sleazy, and it truly is. The stylists and bridal coordinator ripped me off on my wedding day! We have the stylists Rodney and Dan (asian girl) come to my event site to do the hair & makeup for myself and my bridesmaids. I had to put all charges on my credit card for this. My bridesmaids did not know and handed Dan $200 in cash, which she decided to go ahead and take as a tip. They saw her count the money with Rodney, and they acted strange in the corner for about 30 minutes before they left. I noticed they were acting strange but obviously I had other things going on.

We realized what happened about an hour after they left, I told Megan the bridal coordinator, and she proceeded to tell me that Dan admitted to taking my bridemsaids money but it was only $60. Megan basically said she would take Dan's word over my best friends, so basically accused my bridesmaids of being liars. So, I ended up paying twice for my bridesmaids services!

They took advantage of how busy I was on my wedding day, and ripped off the bride! This is the sleaziest place ever. They may be cheaper than the newer, hipper salons, but you get what you pay for. These people are creeps!!!

Sent on 08/04/2008