Anderson's Bride Reviews

Anderson's Bride View more information

3.9

• Heather
    Heather Married on 10/16/2020

Erika goes above and beyond

I cannot even begin to describe the appreciation I have for Erika. You never feel like they are trying to make a sale, they genuinely care about you and making the occasion special. This experience was more magical than I could have ever imagined. My parents live in another state and I was saddened to not have my mother with me. Erika not only helped me set up my computer so that I could FaceTime them, but she was constantly being my cameraman and displaying me to my parents the best she could. She went absolutely above and beyond anything I could've expected. Not only did Erika make this such a memorable experience, but she spent six hours with me on a Sunday helping me find the perfect dress. I can't think of a single shop that would spend that much time and energy in one person and be so genuine about it. Not to mention the incredible variety of dresses that they have on hand. I was baffled at their selection, hence why I was there for six hours :) if I could give this store 10 stars, I would.
  • User2063223 1+ year ago
    Andersons bride is absolutely amazing in every way! They made my wedding dress shopping and purchasing experience so fun and personal. They were extremely flexible and came in early for me my first time there and they second time they stayed late! Star made it VERY fun and was very good about staying in my right budget. Ericka, the owner, helped me make my final decision on an absolutely gorgeous gown BELOW my budget. On that same day Ericka helped me find my bridesmaid dresses. I 100% recommend Andersons bridal! They will make you feel so special!
    Thank you so much Ericka and Star!
    Barbara & Mycah
    Maudrey K. Married on 09/07/2019

Love the staff!

Kirsten and Erika O. are two of the best in the industry. Kirsten brought my idea to life with a dress I wasn’t expecting and Erika guided me though alterations, the final press, and preservation. Highly recommend this staff and their new location!

Anderson's Bride's reply:

Ahh, thanks Maudrey! Our brides are everything and we love to help in whatever way we can during one of life's most wonderful (and sometimes stressful) occasions. We are so glad everything came together so wonderfully for you and so excited for your future.
    Congratulations! -Kirsten & Erika N.
    Donna Married on 11/11/2017
    After trying to find dresses and David's Bridal and Orainda's and having less than stellar experiences, I walked in to Anderson's without an appointment. just hoping to look around and see what they had to offer. Was seen immediately and got to look through and choose some dresses to try on. Erika picked a few for me to try as well. She was so helpful and friendly. I had my 5 year old with me and she included her in the experience as well. It was like being seen by family. I fell in love with the first dress I tried on and it was just absolutely gorgeous and the price was perfect as well. Anderson's Bride is hands down the most wonderful bridal shop in Anchorage. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a great experience and gorgeous gown!
    Amanda Married on 05/05/2017
    LOVE!
    Entered for Brides Across America and was selected to pick a gown for free from here. They helped me pick the perfect dress for our special day! Absolutely amazing customer service and so blessed that they are apart of this program and support the military. I tell everyone I know about your shop. Thank you so much again!!
    Liz Married on 10/10/2015
    I had the most beautiful dress ever, I wish I could wear it every day. The staff at Anderson's was helpful and professional. The alterations and fittings were perfect.
    Shelly Married on 08/15/2015
    Anderson's Bride was SO helpful for our wedding! Due to my bridesmaids being out of state, we selected dresses from other stores, yet the staff at Anderson's helped me to choose colors, put together tuxes for the guys, and even provided my hubby with two options for his pocket square! They also took care of my alterations and steamed all of our dresses. Even though the dresses came from elsewhere, we were always welcomed and treated like full Anderson's customers! When their steamer couldn't get to all the dresses before they were scheduled for pickup, they came in extra early on a Saturday to make sure we had everything we needed in time!
    Josh A. Married on 08/08/2015
    Wonderful, helpful staff! Lovely dress selection! They work with you! We live in Fairbanks but the wedding was in anchorage. They made extra effort to make sure that all of my questions were answered, and even blocked in a large time segment the day before for my dress fitting!
    Kelly&Stewart Married on 05/30/2015
    A wide selection of dresses, great designers. Great customer service, lovely experience.
    Vicki Married on 06/17/2014
    Many thanks to Anderson’s Bridal for such a wonderful experience in finding “THE” dress. As an older bride, I was apprehensive about the “dress search, but from the moment we entered Anderson’s, I felt welcomed and at ease. The“team” at Anderson’s is incredible! Erika Nowka greeted us with a smile and enthusiasm in helping us find the perfect dress. Even though my appointment wasn’t until the next day, she worked to accommodate us that afternoon.

Erika Anderson was fabulous in helping me select wonderful dresses for consideration. Her insight and suggestions to make the dress unique and comfortable for me are GREATLY appreciated! Thanks also to Star for her input and suggestions. Most of all, I love the way they all work together with a bride to ensure she feels AND looks beautiful on her wedding day! I truly feel like I have made 3 new friends. Thanks to all of you! I will forever be recommending Anderson’s for any bride needing to find that special dress!
    Alanna Married on 07/13/2013
    Star was absolutely amazing. I think I only tried three dresses on and the very first dress I tried on ended up being the dress I found love with. All the ladies were so helpful and friendly and I loved the seamstress. Highly recommended.
    Kelsey Married on 06/14/2013
    Anderon's is great! They have a big selection of dresses by designers such as Maggie Sottero and Alfred Angelo. Erika was very helpful, and the alterations seamstress also did a great job. I was able to get a good deal during the PFD sale; about $1100 for both my Maggie Sottero and my veil. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a wedding dress in the Anchorage area
    Steph Married on 05/16/2013
    Anderson's was wonderful to work with! Living in Alaska, you don't have many choices when it comes to dress shops. Even if there were more bridal stores in the area, I still would've bought my dress at Andersons's. The sales ladies were so helpful, and excited for me, and accommodating me when I stopped by (many times). My dress came in in plenty of time, and alterations were a breeze! Great experience!
    Kelleen Married on 11/15/2011
    Service here was so personal every time. I looked forward to going in. The went beyond what I asked for and made me very happy with all my choices.
    Leslie Married on 09/01/2010
    The service was wonderful , Erika helped me find the perfect dress on my first visit! She even helped us find a tux with only three days before my wedding!
    Robin Married on 07/17/2010
    Beautiful dresses! I loved my shopping experience there! Everyone is so friendly and helpful! They make you feel like a princess!
  • karen
    Karen Married on 04/10/2010
    Loved my dress and veil. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable.
    Rebecca Married on 04/13/2013
    Helpful and atentive, even made my three month bump up in schudle work
    Angela Married on 11/04/2010
    I bought my wedding dress here. I was perfect and way less than I thought I would be spending!
    Rachel Married on 09/05/2009
    The women at Anderson's Bride were very easy to work with. I went the first time with my mom and tried on many dresses. It was a week day, so they didn't have too many people in the store and took a lot of time with me to help me think about what I liked best. They were very sweet and did lots of oohing and aahing, though i'm sure they see countless brides try on dresses. I went back that weekend with my dad, and the store was quite busy. They still paused for the oo's and aah's though - they were good at paying attention to each customer. They took my measurements well and the delivery went easily. In the end, the dress was perfect.
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 07/07/2012
    I had nothing but great experiences at Anderson Bride. The ladies were always helpful and fun to work with. Their seamstress was great as well!
  • User2213384 2+ years ago
    I purchased a $1600 wedding dress and spent $230 on alterations and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful or impressive dress! I couldn't wait to wear it and when I finally put it on, I knew it was worth every last penny. We all agreed it was a very high quality dress and it fit wonderfully. The alterations were excellent, yet you'd never know it was ever altered at all. We had a french bustle which was complex to execute but made the dress (with an exceptionally long train) easy to move around and dance (a lot) in. The staff at Anderson's were very helpful and offered opinions when they were asked. It was nice to get professional feedback and individual attention, and end up with a quality product.
    Melissa Married on 09/12/2001
    I worked with Erika at Anderson's Bride for my wedding gown and she was absolutley amazing. She was very honest on what she thought looked good on me and what didn't. In a group of loved ones not wanting to hurt my feelings she was bold enough to say, "No, we'll find better." On dresses that I loved but did not fit me as I would have liked, she had many suggestions on how to make it work for my body and style. Anderson's was very accomodating to my mind changes and although the dress arrived in the wrong color, they were very helpful.
    Lauren Married on 06/09/2018
    Was hesitant to go in since web advertised high prices, but I'm so glad I went in! Gorgeous boutique and super chill, friendly staff. Not pushy and not in your face at all. Gave me plenty of space, then plenty of help when I was ready. Found my dress that just happened to be half off?? Was the most hassle free shopping experience!
    Liz Married on 07/09/2016
    I was pleasantly surprised when I found the perfect dress in Anchorage at Anderson's! They saved me a trip out-of-state with their selection. The atmosphere is pretty casual but I enjoyed the freedom to dig through the dresses and drop in a few days later when I had made up my mind. Both Erica's are great and they were able to special order extra fabric so I could have full sleeves made for my dress. They were good at communication about bridesmaid dress orders even with my many out-of-state bridesmaids.