Anderson Japanese Gardens Reviews

Anderson Japanese Gardens 5
Anderson Japanese Gardens 6
Anderson Japanese Gardens 7

4.2

The major thing lacking was communication internally for the gardens. In preparation for the wedding, I went over the details many times with the event coordinator and the food services. However, when we showed up for the rehearsal the night before, we had to work with different people who knew nothing of the details that we had planned out for our special day. But, the location is great, the staff were wonderful to work with and our wedding was beautiful!

Sent on 12/04/2012

4.2

Everything tasted wonderful and Susie was so pleasant and professional. The only small complaint is that a couple of hors d'oeuvres did not make it to all of my guests and they were a bit disappointed. because everything was so good and wanted to try everything. The food was placed on the banquet table but an announcement wasn't made so no one knew to go up and look for more great food. Other than that everything was just superb!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Christine & Jason · Married on 10/23/2015

2.5

The employees (3 great ladies) were wonderful despite the horrible weather conditions!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Rachel · Married on 06/15/2013

3.5

Anderson Gardens was a great venue for our wedding. We appreciated all the help and information that was given. They made sure that they knew exactly how we wanted things set up and took care of everything.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Jolanda · Married on 05/24/2013

3.5

There was a tree branch in front of our heads blocking waterfall photo opportunity.

Sent on 05/28/2013

3.0

Overall, a good experience and great venue. Especially enjoyed working with Mary's Market catering.

Sent on 12/08/2012

Anne · Married on 10/11/2013

3.6
      3.0

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Ceremony times are not flexible. Staff was prompt to respond to questions.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Katie · Married on 09/18/2010

2.0
      1.0

Anderson Japanese Gardens in Rockford, Illinois is absolutely gorgeous! You can hardly believe a place so beautiful exists in the Midwest. I wanted my guests to be surrounded by beauty and that is exactly what I got!

The down side is that their service is not as amazing. I live on the East Coast now and have been to a lot of weddings out here. When you think East Coast, you think rude people. But these East Coast wedding venues know how to treat you! They fall over themselves trying to get you whatever you need. This is not the case at Anderson Gardens. They tell you what you can and mostly what you can't do. The place is gorgeous and the staff is nice, which made up for their "my way or the highway" attitude a little bit.

I would still book this venue because of how absolutely gorgeous it is. I just hope that someday soon they realize they are in the Service Industry.

Sent on 10/05/2010

ashley · Married on 10/19/2013

2.4
      2.5
      3.5

the gardens are beautiful I was just upset to find out that my husband ask them to wait and they didn't.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2015

2.0
      3.0

The garden grounds are gorgeous. My complaint is with the staff, as we felt rush the entire weekend. We paid $2500 to use the garden for 2 hours. My ceremony was at most 10 minutes. On the day of the Wedding I wanted to take 2 big family photos right outside of the pavilion after the ceremony. After the first one was completed, an attended told me we needed to move along as I was not going to have time to do photos around the garden. We listen to them, as they are suppose to be the "experts". And by the time I was done with the photos around the garden, I still had half an hour to use. I would have had plenty of time to take the family photos like I wanted to. But really I think they wanted us out of the pavilion to set up for the next wedding. I was very disappointed in the staff and they way they were rushing us out of the pavilion area.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Anderson Japanese Gardens's reply:

Jennifer- Thank you for your comments and feedback. We are sorry to hear that you felt rushed as that is not the goal or standard we aim for with our bridal couples. We are sorry to hear you had a poor experience, but appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you in the Gardens again soon.