Anderson Japanese Gardens Reviews

Anderson Japanese Gardens 5
Anderson Japanese Gardens 6
Anderson Japanese Gardens 7

Dennis · Married on 07/05/2014

Sara and all of the staff were so helpful and really took care of us throughout the whole process. We loved the venue and can't wait to see all of the gorgeous pictures from our special day!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Clare · Married on 06/28/2014

Anderson Japanese Gardens did an amazing job handling my wedding ceremony. Everyone was very helpful and organized, and they made sure my day was perfect. I would highly recommend Anderson Gardens for an outdoor ceremony wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Samantha · Married on 06/28/2014

The Anderson Japanese Gardens gave me the wedding of my dreams. The staff were incredible, very professional, and helped us every step of the way. The wedding was fabulous and we were able to get breathtaking pictures. The guests have time to walk around the gardens after the ceremony. An evening ceremony is recommended if you want a more private ceremony. The gardens is truly a remarkable place, and is highly recommended for an outside wedding especially under the pavilion.

Sent on 07/17/2014
  • User3191171 · 2+ years ago

This place was amazing. It is so gorgeous and was so worth having our ceremony at. The service was awesome, they were there for the rehearsal and of course for the ceremony. They made sure everyone knew where they were going, and they do a great job at communicating. Very professional!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Loved working with Sara Johnson! The girls that helped out on the day of the wedding were so helpful and so nice!

Sent on 06/09/2014

David · Married on 06/01/2014

The staff was extremely helpful especially with the rings (sorry about that). The venue was awesome and if I had to do it again I would not change a thing. Loved the waterfall and the bridges for the photo shoot. Sara walked us through the gardens a few weeks before the wedding which was a huge help. Thanks again for a great event and for making our day special.

David and Ginny Bollow

Sent on 06/05/2014

Julie · Married on 05/25/2014

The Gardens was just a wonderful experience and the staff were so reassuring. I felt so stressed that many things just might go wrong if I wasn't personally handling them, and the event staff were great in making sure everything went well and went smoothly.
    I would recommend this place to anyone I meet that is thinking of a wedding.

Sent on 06/06/2014

Anderson Japanese Gardens is a traditional, Japanese garden in Rockford, Illinois. The venue is absolutely beautiful because of the landscaping. The venue can be pricey because they require that you use their caterer.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Anderson Gardens was absolutely beautiful and the best place for a wedding ceremony! I could not have asked for a better place. The staff was great and very very helpful through the whole process!

Sent on 10/29/2013

Anderson Japanese Gardens held a beautiful wedding for us this past weekend! Wonderful place to have a wedding. We got so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was! I would tell anyone I know getting married to have their ceremony there! The staff is so organized! Cannot go wrong having your ceremony there! The most beautiful place in Rockford, defiantly worth every penny!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Even though it rained Anderson took care of us and made sure that our wedding day was still completely perfect!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Dan · Married on 07/13/2013

Sarah was great to work with and Anderson Gardens was a beautiful setting for our wedding

Sent on 07/15/2013

Aida · Married on 07/06/2013

This is an awesome location for a wedding especially if you have out of town guests and need something for them to do between the ceremony and the cocktail hour and dinner. Our guests raved about the gardens and feeding the koi fish.

The AJG staff was very helpful and professional. I enjoyed working with Sara Johnson at the gardens. I highly recommend having your wedding or any other special event at the Anderson Japanese Gardens.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Stephanie · Married on 06/22/2013

Five out of Five! Anderson Gardens was a lovely place for our ceremony! I couldn't have hoped for a more amazing time! The staff were very professional and helpful from the beginning planning to the big day. My guests loved it and I would suggest Anderson Gardens as a venue to any and all Brides!

Sent on 06/24/2013
  • Dior

Dior · Married on 08/04/2012

Excellent place for a wedding and reception! Me, my husband, family, and friends we very pleased with the service, food, and everything in the Hall! On the day of, the space looked gorgeous and the service was great. This venue was the top of our budget but was worth every penny. We received so much positive feedback and were very happy with this venue!

Sent on 08/23/2012

This was the second place that my husband and I had looked at, and we instantly knew that this was the perfect wedding venue. We booked immediately--even at 15 months in advance, May and June were already filled. We could not have been happier with Anderson Japanese Gardens. Our coordinator, Julie, was FANTASTIC at communicating with us every step of the way, and she met our every desire. She was so incredibly kind, generous, and caring. The food coordinator, Suzie, also did a wonderful job and made sure that all of our catering requests were met. The food was amazing--certainly not typical wedding food. We got so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the setting was (words can not describe how elegant the gardens are), and we also got many comments on how flawless the entire day was. There was so much staff on hand to make sure the day was smooth--and it definitely was. There is absolutely nothing I would change. I highly recommend this venue for all!

Sent on 08/16/2012

Holly · Married on 08/04/2018

This is a most beautiful venue. The head coordinator remained in contact with me at all times. There were four event coordinators during the wedding, even though it was a very small affair. I highly recommend these gorgeous gardens.

Sent on 08/02/2018

Anderson Japanese Gardens's reply:

Thank you Holly! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your day!

Abi · Married on 10/14/2017

Great place to have a wedding!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Anderson gardens is a beautiful setting and everyone is very helpful.

Sent on 08/03/2015

The venue was absolutely beautiful - well worth the cost for the impact it will have on your special day. A team of staff was provided for the rehearsal and day of event - they kept the process running smoothly and were very helpful. Would do it again in a heartbeat! The pavilion is large enough that even if it had rained, I would not have been worried about having to move the ceremony indoors. Fairytale venue!

Sent on 08/14/2015

We were so happy we decided to use Anderson Japanese Gardens for our wedding ceremony! The staff is so friendly, helpful, organized, accommodating, and always attentive to emails!

The venue is BEAUTIFUL! In fact, it's so beautiful you have no reason to spend money on extra details like accent flowers or decor.

After the ceremony, our guests really enjoyed being able to explore the gardens and take pictures.

Speaking of pictures, our pre and post ceremony pictures are AMAZING! The gardens are the perfect backdrop.

This venue was well worth the money!

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda White · Married on 07/19/2019

Beautiful and special!

We had an absolutely beautiful wedding experience at Anderson Japanese Gardens. Everyone we worked with were wonderful, making our special day effortless and memorable. The gardens are an Amazing setting.
    Thank you! Tim & Amanda White

Sent on 07/28/2019
    Anderson Japanese Gardens 8
    Anderson Japanese Gardens 9
    Anderson Japanese Gardens 10
    Anderson Japanese Gardens 11

Anderson Japanese Gardens's reply:

Thank you Amanda! We were honored to help you both celebrate. We look forward to seeing you in the Garden again soon!
  • Cindy

Cindy Ratzek · Married on 06/07/2019

Serene Wedding Japanese Gardens

The gardens were spectacular and the wedding coordinators made sure everything was perfect. The one year free premium membership was an added perk!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Anderson Japanese Gardens's reply:

It was a pleasure celebrating with you and your guests! We are happy you love your membership and hope that you visit us often. Congratulations!

Luann · Married on 10/15/2016

Definitely ask about after hour rehearsal if need be. I didn't ask assuming the last time they gave was the the latest they could do the rehearsal, but it turns out they can do it after 5pm.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Michelle · Married on 08/27/2016

I wasn't feeling well on the wedding day, and the staff was super helpful and accommodating! They were awesome!

Sent on 09/05/2016