And The Beat Goes On.... Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
    Angela Married on 06/17/2017
    Dan is the best DJ there is. Period. He had the dance floor rocking all night long and everyone raved about him all night . When we talk about our wedding with family and friends afterwards one of the first things they talk about is the DJ and how awesome he was. He was spot on with all the music. He is so professional to work with, very organized and wants to truly get to know me and my husband so he knew exactly the music he wanted to play. He is so thoughtful and gave us the music he played on CDs so we could keep re-living the night over and over again which has been so nice to do. I highly recommend Dan for any future events!

Angela & Ross
    Upper Vista-Log Cabin June 2017th
    Ashley Married on 10/28/2016
    Dan was amazing! He spent the time to help us plan out the ceremony and reception and really listened to our "vision"

He kept the dance floor full all night and made sure to keep the show running. We never had to ask questions or figure out what we should be doing and where. He was a blast to work with too- funny and ready to have a good time!

He was prepared and everything went off perfectly- from the songs at the ceremony to even pronouncing my maiden name correctly! Our guests said they had so much fun dancing all night!
    Shannon Married on 05/07/2016
    And The Beat Goes On rocks!!!! Dan is such a professional, down to earth, fun deejay. He met with us three times over our 9 month engagement to perfect our music experience. The packages offered are incredibly well priced and are of upmost quality. I am so thankful to have found such an awesome deejay for our wedding!!
    Andrea Married on 09/19/2015
    Jared and I got married on September 19th, 2015. I do not know where to begin. Dan is a FANTASTIC DJ! He has such a way of reading everyone's body language and knowing how to get the party started. He is so attentive and on the ball. He gave us great advice on how to make sure we get to every table to say our thankyou's for coming to our wedding. MAKE SURE YOU ASK ABOUT THE SWEATHEART TABLE PHENOMNA! I received some many compliments on how much fun our wedding was from the cocktail hour right until midnight! He had amazing suggestions on which songs to choose for cutting the cake and what song to end the night with. One of my bridesmaids actually had texted me from a later wedding asking what song we ended the night with because she wanted to dance to it again! I cannot empasize how awesome Dan was with us. He was the only DJ we met with and he had us from the start. Consider meeting with him and gia (his adorable dog). You will not be disappointed!!

Andrea and Jared Carey
    Lisa Married on 09/05/2015
    Dan won me over in the first conversation we had – and my experience with him only got better from there. His energy, experience, knowledge, and professionalism was apparent right from the beginning, and never faltered.
    His goal is make your day exactly how you want it, with the least possible stress and worry. He went out of his way in a variety of ways to do this for me and my husband. Two specific examples include him willingly meeting at our venue, which was over a 1.5 hr drive for him, to check out the space/power situation since we were the first to use this outdoor location. Similarly, a few nights before the wedding I called him in a panic thinking we didn’t have enough lighting for the tent. I think he was at a fundraiser when he called me back and told me not to worry – he’d bring extra just in case. I hope he knows how grateful I am for what he did, and for putting my worries at ease without any hassle or trouble.
    I am still impressed with his music recommendations for the ceremony. I knew the sound I was going for, but I couldn’t find the right music on my own. I should have asked Dan from the beginning – he immediately directed me to the perfect band – exactly what I was looking for, and I’ve had guests asking about it since. Similar story with the songs for our parent dances.
    He takes charge on the day of. The timing of the day was perfect, the transitions between the different parts of the day were seamless, and he has his eye on everything – making sure the right people are in the right places at the right time.
    On top of this – he absolutely killed it all night. The dance floor was packed from the first song to the last, and guests of all ages had a blast. We’ve had tons of comments about how fun the night was and how great Dan was. He knew how to read the energy of the crowd, which was all I wanted of him…turns out he did so much more.
  • User2286541 2+ years ago
    This past Saturday August 22, 2015 Dan Cavanaugh had the party going all night long DJ Dan Cavanaugh of “AND THE BEAT GOES ON” is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!! Over the past decade I have seen him DJ several weddings. He is absolutely the best DJ around. One friend even asked for his contact info because she wants to book him for her wedding next year!
    I made sure to book my wedding date early to make sure he was available. He was very attentive to how we wanted the wedding to flow, coordinating all of the events, etc., including the introductions, speeches, cake cutting, special dances and the timing of sunset photos. He kept in clear communication with the photographer, videographer and Banquet Captain at the Log Cabin.
    He was really friendly making it easy for me and my guests to communicate with him. He had an outside speaker set up that was playing the same music inside and outside so all the guests could hear the announcements. Dan would periodically go and check on the sound outside to make sure it was perfect right to the end. He also went outside to gather up our photographer, videographer and guests for the cutting of the cake. He was really great in helping adjust to some last minute changes we made, too.
    DJ Cavanaugh played the right songs at the right time to ensure that the dance floor was always packed. Being concerned with details, I contacted Dan by phone and email to go over everything I wanted and ask questions. He always quickly returned my calls and answered all of my concerns without hesitation. DJ Cavanaugh has a reputation second to none. He also provided uplighting to enhance the look of our wedding reception which was held at the beautiful Log Cabin. Several of my guests commented on how he was one of the best DJ’s they have heard/seen.

• User2277459 2+ years ago
    Chris was absolutely awesome and we are so lucky to have had him as our DJ! From the planning stages to the day of, Chris was so helpful and attentive. He was always very responsive and did a great job addressing any questions/concerns. It is because of Chris that our wedding had such a smooth flow from the entrances, to the dances, to the speeches and cake cutting. His mix of music brought such great energy to the dance floor. Guests of all ages were dancing from the very first song to our final song of the night. We can't thank Chris enough and he gets our highest recommendation for any couple looking for a wedding DJ. Thank you Chris, you are truly the best!
  • User2272315 2+ years ago
    Dan was an absolute pro from beginning to end and helped us have an amazing night! He played the perfect music at the perfect time. We met with him once and had two quick phone calls prior to the wedding so he could understand what type of music we wanted and plan out the timeline for the night. His entrance announcements were awesome, and the dance floor was packed for the entire night!

He even sent us a CD collection of the songs he played at the wedding -- so great to listen back and remember the fun night.

We highly recommend Dan, without hesitation!
    Krista Married on 05/30/2015
    We hired And The Beat Goes On to provide DJ services at our wedding on 5/30/15. We could not be more pleased with our experience with this company! We worked specifically with Chris and he was wonderful! He has many years of experience in the DJ business which made planning our wedding reception very easy. He was always quick to respond to us and even set up skype sessions with us since we lived out of town. Everyone at our wedding complemented us on how wonderful Chris was and how they loved the selection of music we had. Before our wedding, we were able to access an online database Chris has. We could then choose songs we wanted played during the reception and also those we did not want played. By using the database, we were able to tell Chris the songs we like and he then arranged them with others to make our reception an unforgettable night. I would recommend And The Beat Goes On and Chris to anyone needing a DJ, we truly loved our experience with him and would work with his company again in the future!
    Heather Married on 04/17/2015
    Dan was the DJ at our wedding and he did an amazing job! He kept the mood upbeat and was seamless with keeping everything flowing and on schedule. We heard nothing but great things about the music from our guests. Dan is very professional and was great at understanding what we wanted for our wedding.
    Sarah Married on 03/07/2015
    Dan brought the party in a big way! We met twice prior to the wedding where Dan took the time to understand our preferences in music, what type of mood we were looking to set and how we envisioned the wedding would go. We had attended a wedding Dan DJ'd in the past so we knew he was good - we didn't realize how good he would be. During the party Dan was reading the crowd, us included, and ensured everyone was having a great time. He kept the jams coming and the dance floor was hopping all night. Do yourselves a favor - book Dan today! You won't regret it.
    Kimberly Married on 11/01/2014
    Chris at And The Beat Goes On was absolutely amazing at our wedding. He provided the DJ/MC services, as well as up-lighting for our reception. He was on time, professional, reliable and FUN! He planned every step of the reception with us ahead of time and touched base with us the day of the wedding to make sure that we were all set. I can't say enough good things about him. Our reception was a success with all of our guests and we have Chris to thank for a big part of that! We would highly recommend And The Beat Goes on for your next big event!
    April Married on 10/18/2014
    Dan is super awesome to work with! He really helped me out with the timeline of the evening and had really great advice about timing for greeting our guest at the tables. Our dance floor was full all night thanks to his great music choices. We had the up lighting he offers which added a very romantic feel and really added the ambience of the room. I highly recommend him!!
  • User1901738 2+ years ago
    There are only two words to describe Dan Cavanaugh - THE BEST. He is truly a master of his craft. He kept the dance floor packed the entire night which is exactly what he promised us and there was not a doubt in my mind that he wouldn't deliver. My husband and I wish we could have another party just so Dan can be our DJ again. He is truly amazing!
    Billy Married on 10/10/2014
    This was our second wedding we've worked with Dan and as parents of the Bride, we have had the absolute pleasure of working with him twice over the past 7 1/2 years. There are words like "awesome" and "tremendous" that do him absolutely no justice. Dan is over the top GREAT at what he does. He is professional, knowledgeable, flexible and one of the best all-round guys I've had the pleasure of doing business with. Not enough space here to express our gratitude to him...he made a terrific day; BETTER ! Wish I had a third daughter because I'd book Dan TODAY !!! Rock on, Brother !!!!
    Josh Married on 09/05/2014
    Dan is an awesome dj and did a great job getting all of our guest involved and up on the dance floor! The night turned out so great and people are always talking about how great our dj was! His up lighting made the hall look awesome
    Brittany Married on 07/04/2014
    Dan turned my wedding into a party! He quickly recognized that my guests didn't like my music selections, and found me to ask if it was okay to change it up, which was the best idea ever. The up-lighting and music were fun, and he was very capable of accommodating all the last minute changes. Loved the online music database too!
    Shannon Married on 06/28/2014
    My husband and I were just married this past Saturday and Dan from And the Beat Goes On was our DJ. Dan was absolutely amazing. When we sat down with various vendors we made an appointment to meet with Dan. He instantly made us feel at ease and we knew we could trust him to do a wonderful job. He has a kind and caring personality and truly believes that each wedding is special. He works tirelessly to provide each bride and groom with a unique experience that reflects their personality while keeping guests on the dance floor! He met with us several times and handled all of our questions , concerns, and changes with a smile. He was always professional but truly loved to see us happy. He provided an itinerary, music for our cocktail hour, up lighting, a bumping dance floor, and a cd of our wedding music. He made a customized song for my father daughter dance, and lent us the device with the song to practice before the wedding. I knew I could trust Dan completely to give our guests a wonderful experience that they would never forget! I can't say enough about Dan and what a wonderful job he does! Thank you for a truly memorable experience-it made our night!!
    Phil Married on 06/08/2014
    Dan came highly recommended by the other vendors we worked with and he totally delivered on every aspect. In the planning meetings he was easy to work with and made great song suggestions when my fiancee and I were unsure what we wanted for the cocktail hour, parent dances, and cake cutting. The day of the wedding we didn't have to worry about anything and just had a great time. Dan nailed the intros. He then played the perfect mix of music for our crowd, getting both the older and younger generations out on the dance floor early and all through the night. We highly recommend the uplighting -- it really added to the atmosphere. We've been getting rave reviews from our guests about the music, the decor, and just how much fun the reception was overall. Thank you Dan!
    Christina Married on 05/03/2014
    Dan was our Dj for our wedding at the Hotel Northampton, Chris also assisted. We are so pleased and thankful for them! Dan went over and beyond on all aspects of planning and executing what we had wanted for our big day. As a bride, you are worried about every little thing, especially when we were planning from a distance (Florida) but after a few conversations with him, I knew we were in good hands. He listened to what we did and did not want, and followed through with every detail we had discussed, and trust me, I went over a lot of different "special requests". Here are some examples: He offered to play our slide show for us last minute at the rehearsal dinner, because my other plans had fallen through, life safer! He changed introduction songs for all 8 couples in the bridal party, played different versions that I requested. Chris remixed our own version of our first dance song, and sent it down to Florida for us, twice. They had no problem and gave me no trouble when I asked if they could put up a projector for a slideshow during the father/daughter dance, without a hitch!!! Dan pumped up the crowd on multiple occasions and it was just perfect! Dan even assisted the photographer a few times. Everything went off without a hitch! They went over and beyond on every portion of the planning, and emotional support. For example, Dan called to go over our details, but even after we had everything covered, he asked about how I was doing, and how I was handling all the other things going on, and really put you at ease about the entire day. If he heard stress in my voice, or noticed it on my emails (from other aspects of planning) he would call to check in. Don't book with anyone else!!
    David Married on 10/27/2013
    I can't say enough good things about Dan and And The Beat Goies On... Dan did an phenomenal job and made our special day even more special. Dan read the mood of the crowd and was there with the right songs at the right time, and the right words at the right time, that kept the mood elevated and brought things to the next level. Both for the ceremony and the reception. To have so many of our loved ones dancing so much of the time including some who never dance, and to have everyone enjoying themselves together meant the world to us. We are so grateful for Dan's help in making that happen.
  • User1391209 2+ years ago
    And The Beat Goes On is owned by two fantastic DJs. We originally met with Dan, and I was very impressed right off the bat. We had previously heard him DJ at a dinner, and he'd done a fantastic job, so we inquired about the wedding. His business partner, Chris DeGray, was available to do our wedding. After one meeting with him, I knew he was the DJ for us. He addressed every concern we had regarding music, and he did a great job at the wedding. When I developed a migraine, my Matron of Honor asked that he lower the music volume, and he graciously did. He played our requests, kept the party going, slowed it down when appropriate, and made sure we were able to accomplish everything in a timely manner. He also was gracious enough to play music during our social hour and provide a wireless microphone for our ceremony.
    I absolutely recommend Chris, Dan, and And The Beat Goes On for your wedding. Great people and great job!
    Nicolle Married on 10/05/2013
    We had Chris DeGray as our DJ for our Jack and Jill and Wedding. Chris was very organized and prepared throughout the entire process. We had several detailed appointments to discuss exactly what we were looking for. Chris also did up lighting for our jack and Jill and wedding which made the rooms look awesome. Our biggest ask was to make sure everything moved along smoothly throughout the night and Chris made this happen. At our Jack and Jill and the Wedding everyone was dancing the entire night which really goes to show how great of a DJ Chris was. We received tons of compliments on how great of a Job Chris did. I would highly recommend Chris and the beat goes on and your DJ!

- Nicolle & John
    Monika Married on 07/20/2013
    We booked Dan Cavanaugh after he DJ'ed my sister in law's wedding last summer. Dan made this whole process so easy and smooth for us! He put up with my numerous emails about add ons to our introductions and changes to our set up for the evening without any problem at all! He was so extremely easy to work with and I knew after our meetings we definitely went with the right DJ. He made it clear that his top priority was to make our night incredible. And boy did he! First of all, we added the uplighting onto our package... I had NO idea that it was going to be an amazing light display once everyone got to dancing that I literally stopped in the middle of the dance floored and yelled "look at all these lights!!" It was seriously the coolest thing I had ever seen at a wedding. He kept the whole night going smoothly and fit in our European music perfectly. Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had at our reception and we have Dan to thank for that! Dan you are awesome thank you so so much!!
    Jennifer Married on 06/28/2013
    My husband and I were blown away by Dan our wedding dj!! He was awesome and our guests continue to rave about how great he was at our wedding!! The music was great and he even gave us cd's with all of the music played from ceremony to dancing!! Thank you so much Dan!!!