Ancala Country Club Reviews

Ancala Country Club 5
Ancala Country Club 6
Ancala Country Club 7

Carleigh · Married on 12/18/2016

We loved our experience at Ancala Country Club. Amy was wonderful to work with!

Sent on 12/26/2016

Jeff · event on 11/19/2016

I hosted a 50th birthday party for my wife. We had 75 guests with a band outside on the patio. It was a fabulous event. The food was delicious, the wait staff were professional and the patio was decorated perfectly. I would highly recommend the venue and staff! They are fantastic.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Laura · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I researched so many venues and toured at least 10. When we found Ancala we knew it was exactly what we were looking for. The views were gorgeous with the mountain backdrop for the ceremony and Arizona sunset. The property has a beautiful courtyard with trees and lights that was perfect for our cocktail hour and a relaxing spot for our guests to sit and talk if they wanted to take a break from dancing in the ballroom. Our guests couldn't stop talking about how wonderful the food was. Amy McKee, the Director of Catering & Private Events, was so flexible with our meal options and even asked the chef to create a special appetizer for us! Amy was wonderful to work with. We had booked Ancala over a year in advance and Amy was so willing to answer any and all questions we had, provide suggestions, allowed us to stop in multiple times to show our families the venue or just try out décor in the space. She even created an all inclusive package for us and booked all vendors. I would highly recommend Ancala Country Club for any event. The pricing was a fantastic value and they are so flexible in willing to make your dreams come true!

Sent on 12/31/2016
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Hancock · Married on 10/06/2018

Organized, helpful, professional, punctual.

They were really accommodating to what our vision was for our wedding. They allowed us use our own vendors for certain things as well. The food was phenomenal! A perfect venue for an intimate wedding!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Lisa · event on 03/02/2017

Amy McKee was the event coordinator that I worked with.
    I found her to be very helpful, professional and easy to communicate with.
    I would recommend this venue to others.

Sent on 04/20/2017

Sarah · event on 11/09/2016

We held our end of the season HS Volleyball Banquet at this facility. Our experience was outstanding! The property was beautiful inside and out, the staff was professional and attentive to our committee (planning the event) as well as our guests. We chose an Italian buffet for our guests and many comment on how wonderful the food was. The service staff was great with refilling the food at the buffet, as well as servicing the tables. I highly recommend Ancala CC for you next event. Amy, the event coordinator, was awesome to work with. We will be back next year!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Ann & Jerry · event on 12/16/2015

The party was enjoyed by all. There were no complaints on anything. Help went beyond the norm to please us and be flexible for us. Thanks to all. Will use again.

Sent on 12/19/2015
  • User5144620 · event on 05/09/2015

Amy McKee was very professional and extremely easy to work with in regards to all the preparations for our special event. The food was delicious and the presentation was very nice!! We received lots of compliments from the guests at the event in regards to the taste of the food, everyone enjoyed the entrees very much. Amy and the banquet staff were very attentive and accommodating the day of the event as well! I highly recommend Ancala Country Club. The service and atmosphere will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 06/04/2015

Kacy · Married on 03/14/2015

We held our wedding at Ancala Country Club a few weeks ago and it could not have been a more pleasant, lovely experience. The entire team was so easy to work with and made our day perfect for us. We were able to get the craft beer we wanted for our reception and help custom create the food menu. Our guests had nothing but good things to say about the evening, especially the food. One of our guests said it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! I would highly recommend this place to any planning a wedding.

Sent on 04/19/2015
  • User5148763 · event on 01/10/2015

Working with Amy (the catering manager) was great. She is the consummate professional. She really know how to run an event. We started off the planning of our event with a different catering manager. He left just a few weeks before our event. He left no notes and Amy was left to pick up the pieces. She did great! Better than we could have expected and certainly better than the previous catering manager would have. He was a nightmare. Our event was terrific. I would highly recommend Amy and Ancala (and I have). The only reason I gave 4 stars for flexibility is that I found the dessert choices very limited. In order to do something more exciting it would have added a lot of money to an already expensive event.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Phyllis · event on 02/13/2016

3.5

The event on February 13 came off perfectly. The service and food were excellent. The table set-up and decor were wonderful. The weather was great and a good time was had by all. Amy McKee was especially helpful and did an excellent job for us.

Sent on 02/17/2016
  • Lynne

Lynne · Married on 05/04/2012

This was a gorgeous venue that worked well with my untraditional wedding ideas. Jennifer listened to my ideas of what I was envisioning for my ceremony and reception, gave me some great advice, and provided a spectacular night. The only thing I wish they would improve upon, is the dressing rooms for the bridal party. It was a small area that is lacking air conditioning and comfortable amenities. Once they work on that they will have a true gem there.

Sent on 05/17/2012

Eric · Married on 12/03/2011

Great price, great value, great location!
    The ballroom was large enough to accommodate our 150 guests with room to spare. We were also allowed to decorate the ballroom and create a more personal atmosphere (while still using many of the items they graciously provided). The service was good - even going above and beyond to serve, and then quickly clean all our party favors (personalized glassware used for root-beer floats) after they had been used.
    We used the driving range as the setting for the ceremony. Ideally, the sunset would have been setting behind the scenic mountain skyline...but unfortunately it was cloudy during the ceremony. It also rained immediately after, so I am unable to comment on scenery for the post-ceremony photographs.
    Jennifer is highly energetic, very personable, and did a great job of making it such a special event.
    Overall, it was a great experience. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 02/22/2012

Billie · Married on 09/17/2016

Amy is wonderful, she was very understanding and easy to work with. She is the reason we did our wedding at the Ancala. We met with her and knew she was the perfect person to help with our wedding.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Ancala provided a beautiful venue for my daughter's wedding. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful in customizing the event to make it very special. The food was outstanding and made to our specifications - very important to foodies! The Ancala team worked with us on set up and clean up for a smooth process. Great value compared to other options we considered!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Barbara · event on 12/02/2016

A beautiful place to hold an event. We used a private room where wine storage is, and it seats 12 comfortably. Truly awe inspiring and new to Ancala Country Club since their remodel. I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Kylie · Married on 11/25/2017

3.0

Ancala was the perfect place for our wedding! All of our guests greatly enjoyed the wedding! The food was wonderful, the view was breath taking and we do not have any regrets with booking there. Amy coordinated everything so beautifully. We really felt like we got a great deal, and overall had a wonderful wedding day. Highly recommend this place. Obviously we don't plan on doing it again, but if we had to do it over, we would definitely book here still! They were very accommodating to all of our requests.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Jamie · Married on 03/14/2015

Ancala has an indoor ballroom and outdoor patio that gives you the indoor outdoor space that guests enjoy at a wedding. Views are magnificent making it a memorable venue for an AZ wedding. The new management has improved the food quality from past. We had guests tell us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. Compared to other Scottsdale venues Ancala is affordable and top quality you expect in the Scottsdale area!

Sent on 03/21/2015

Ancala Country Club's reply:

Jamie, it was a delight working with you planning your daughters wedding! You did such an amazing job designing and decorating the room, the flowers and the arch. It was a beautiful evening.
  • nicole

nicole · Married on 09/15/2011

4.2

Ancala was a beautiful place to tie the knot! The food was so good and the way they put all the decorations togeather was amazing!!!!! Thank you ancala for making my day so memorable and just amazing!!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Ethan · Married on 07/11/2015

3.0

Beautiful Venue! Great Food!

However,

Had to choose our specific food we wanted before the taisting. If was didnt like the food we chose at the taisting, we would have to set up another time for a taisting. We are planning a wedding and our time was very precious. Why couldn't you give us multiple options the first time?

Private Club that brought some issues. Even though members were not pressent we were still treated as #2.

-Summer wedding/Our guests were asked to vacate the lobby area during reception cause the members dont like it (night/weekend wedding and no members around), when all they were doing was sitting.

Tried to take nice pictures with Photographer in vacant dining room next to where they placed the Groom party and were kicked out cause its Members only (again no members around)

Was promissed golf cart for bride and groom to go on golf course for pictures and were later told (day of), no they were all locked up. Later as we are taking family pictures, wedding coordinator rolls up with golf cart to inform people were going to start heading in for dinner. Why couldnt we have used that golf cart?

Had beer and wine bar open for guests from 6-10pm. I (groom) from running around during the wedding did not really have a chance to take advanage of this. Finally got a free moment and walked up at 10:01pm and was denied a beer that they were closed. I spent almost 5k on 4 hrs of beer and wine and you cant give me a beer?

Over all it was one of the best days of my life that we got to share with 150 people. The venue is gorgious, just wish we were treated as #1, over the members that werent even present.

Sent on 08/22/2015

Laura · Married on 03/16/2012

2.8
      2.0
      3.5
      2.5

Ancala Country Club is a beautiful venue, but we had many complications with the wedding planner who was helping us.

Sent on 04/23/2012