An Enlightened Event Reviews

23 | Camarillo, CA

23 Reviews for An Enlightened Event

Jenny · Married on 01/06/2018

Cynthia helped me design and coordinate the wedding of my dreams in Houston, TX on January 6, 2018! Long-distance was not a problem. Cynthia was always organized, professional, and timely with her research, communication, and coordination with potential vendors and me. She was able to articulate my vision and help me make tough decisions even when she was halfway across the country! She was flexible and patient with changes to our budget, guest count, and the addition of a second ceremony. She brought Katie to Texas with her during the wedding weekend and both ladies worked hard to implement our wedding timeline and details. Cynthia and Katie were a Godsend. Thank you, An Enlightened Event!

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2017

I booked the Harmony package with An Enlightened Event for my wedding at Camarillo Ranch and am so glad I did!! I worked with Cynthia-who helped me with the design of our wedding and Katie- who was my day-of coordinator. I have nothing but great things to say about these two ladies! Katie was so organized, responsive, experienced, and helpful. She met with me and my fiancé about a year before the wedding and got an understanding of what we wanted, she helped me throughout the planning process by answering any questions I had and referring vendors. The month before the wedding she became very involved, settling all final details with the venue and our vendors, creating our wedding day timeline, organizing our rehearsal and executing everything flawlessly on our wedding day! She set up all our decorations before the wedding, kept us on schedule throughout the entire day, and helped pack up our personal decorations/belongings after the reception and ensured the venue was in great condition. Katie was so easy to work with and really made my planning experience much more enjoyable! I'd recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 11/27/2017

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Nicole and Matt - thank you so much for the kind words. You were so much fun to work with and get to know over the year we planned together! We hope you’ll keep us in mind for future life celebrations!

Ali · Married on 08/20/2016

Enlightened Events was amazing. They were very patient with us and were very knowledgeable with the whole wedding process. They provided lots of comfort for my husband and I as we had no idea what to do or what we wanted. They were able to help us design and execute the perfect wedding. I'm not sure what we would have done without their help. Coordinating the day of turned out great. They were very accommodating and worked like little ninjas in the background the day of the wedding. There were a couple of issues we had with vendor coordination. There was minor confusion that occurred due to having two vendors that provided the same service. I would recommend to any couple not to use two vendors that provide the same service if they could help it because it created lots of confusion with what was rented from what company and who would perform what task. Enlightened Events helped smooth out the situation and was able to provide seamless service. We had a great team working with us!

Sent on 01/11/2017

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review!! We were so happy to have been a part of your special day.

Tess · Married on 06/18/2016

Cynthia and her team are excellent. Michelle and Katie helped us with our wedding (they were amazing!!!), and I am SO happy we chose An Enlightened Event for wedding planning. Their professionalism was more than I could have ever dreamed, and they kept us on schedule for the ceremony and reception. They spent tons of time with us going over all of the details and timing before the big day and were always available by phone, email, or meet ups in person. On our wedding day, they made sure everything went smoothly. From ensuring that everything was delivered and set up to helping with the ceremony (lining us up, getting our flowers delivered, setting up programs and other items, timing, etc.) to the reception (making sure everything was delivered and set up, helping make sure that tables were released for the buffet, making sure the champagne toast and cake cutting went off perfectly, working with the site vendor to coordinate timing of food, dancing, flowers, cake, etc., working with us on a timeline, and so much more) -- they were excellent. I highly recommend An Enlightened Event for your event. Cynthia, Michelle, and Katie were outstanding. Best choice we made was having a wedding coordinator for the big day, and having An Enlightened Event as our wedding coordinator made our wedding more special and perfect than we could have ever imagined.

Sent on 12/28/2016

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Tess! It was so wonderful to be a part of your special day!

Charlotte · Married on 04/30/2016

An Enlightened Event was our day-of wedding coordinator for our April 30th wedding in Santa Barbara. From the first conversation I had with Cynthia, I immediately felt at ease with her and knew she would be wonderful to work with. Throughout the whole process, she was very responsive and it was clear that she really cared about making sure our day ran smoothly. On the day-of, we were running behind because of hair/makeup but Cynthia remained calm and helped ensure everything kept moving. We didn't feel like we had to worry about anything and could truly enjoy our day. I think a true reflection of Cynthia and her team is that they took our centerpieces (with our permission) the day after and donated them to nursing homes, police stations and teachers in the area. How lovely and kind. Thank you Cynthia for everything! You were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 05/21/2016

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Charlotte and Mark - thank you so much for choosing us to be a part of your special day. You both were incredibly sweet and it was so much fun! I appreciate the review!!

Logan · Married on 03/12/2016

Cindy and her team provided flawless execution. An Enlightened Event offered us three different levels of service and we choose the middle package. This package was the best option for us as it provide the optimal amount of servicing needed for our wedding. The venue we picked contracted us to have all materials removed from the site the night of and after a full day of events the last thing you want to do is clean up or make friends and family help so we choose the middle package from An Enlightened Event which included extended hours the day of so they would make sure the place is clean and all items are returned to you. In addition Cindy was there to help us with all of the vendors leading up to the event, she was there during rental consultation and made recommendations on lighting and DJ. As you prepare for your event/wedding one of the most important attributes for vendors is responsiveness. Your days become more and more busy finalizing plans and if you are constantly waiting to hear from vendors you will become frustrated very quickly. With Cindy responses were very prompt and I always felt like a priority which took weight off my shoulders knowing I could trust her to follow through with pending items in a timely fashion. Seeing I have never hosted a wedding the timing/schedule and details of the whole event is new territory so having Cindy and her team keeping us on track and double checking the detail was critical because the last thing on your mind the day of is if there is enough ice at the bar or when you should be cutting the cake. Without any question I would choose An Enlightened Event again. The service they provide is top shelf and a great value. I could not imagine running through the labyrinth of event planning without them.

Sent on 03/31/2016

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you so much for the awesome review Logan! We loved being a part of your day!

Kathryn · Married on 12/29/2015

Cindy was a lifesaver during the wedding planning process! She was very organized and made sure the vendors were all on the same page. I was out of state for the majority of the planning, but she kept things stress free. On the wedding day, she made sure we kept to our schedule and when there was a little mix up in the program she jumped right in and smoothed things over before the guests even knew what was going on. She made the wedding planning process an enjoyable experience.

Sent on 01/26/2016

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review Kathryn and Walker. We were honored to meet your family and be a part of such a beautiful and memorable day!

Donna · Married on 11/28/2015

Cindy and her team were outstanding. I never had to worry about a thing. Cindy took my daughters dream and vision and made it become a reality,

Judy · Married on 10/03/2015

Hiring a Wedding Coordinator was the best thing we did in planning this wedding. Hiring An Enlightened Event was the "Smartest" thing we did. We worked with Michelle D"Anna who was a delight to work with. She was extremely organized and easy to work with. She put our minds at ease and we were stress free through the entire time. I highly recommend hiring An Enlightened Event!

Sent on 10/19/2015

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Hi Judy! Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about Michelle! It means a lot to us. We appreciate you having us there to help make things run smoothly.

Steven · Married on 09/26/2015

Cindy was amazing!

My sister got hitched and used Cynthia to plan her big day. The wedding was outdoors and it was 103 degrees outside!!! Despite the heat and the large amount of guests, Cynthia was on top of everything. Everywhere I turned, she was either talking to the guitar player, food vendor, DJ, pastor or someone from the wedding party. She was constantly giving direction to the vendors and making sure that everything went as smooth as possible. I never once saw her sitting down.....and did I mention it was 103 degrees outside? She appeared very calm and completely in control of the entire event. She did an awesome job.

After the wedding was over, I had a chance to talk with Cynthia and thank her for the great job she did. We talked about weddings and football and I told her that If I ever decided to get married, I will for sure use her to plan my wedding....despite being a Pittsburg Steeler fan :)

Sent on 10/13/2015

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Steven - thank you for the kind review! It was fun to meet you! GO STEELERS!
  • I

In The Mix Events · Married on 09/12/2015

Working with Cindy and An Enlightened Event is a dream for us at In The Mix Events. It benefits our DJ's and Photo Booth hostesses tenfold whenever an accomplished, methodical, and friendly wedding planner like Cindy assists in the day! She is one of few planners we refer to our clients - and she always is wonderful in getting information to where it needs to be. Thanks Cindy for all you do!

Sent on 10/05/2015

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Awwww thank you so much!! We love working with you guys too! It helps when I can communicate and work as a team with a vendor to make a day run smoothly.

Jill · Married on 09/12/2015

Cynthia and her staff were very professional and so accomodating with all of the little idiosyncrasies that come up when planning a wedding, especially for a couple who lived thousands of miles away. From last minute changes to referrals for the wedding party and all of the guests from out of town who needed contacts for hair, nails, restaurants, etc... My absolute favorite quality is Cynthia's incredible vision of the fairytale, her ability to gather all of the many pieces of this crazy, lovely once in a lifetime event and bringing all of the pieces together so eloquently to have what every bride has ever dreamed of for their wedding day. Would never do another event without her and her incredible staff!!

Sent on 10/22/2015

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Wow Jill! Thank you so very much for the this review! I'm honored by the comments you've made.

Kathy · Married on 09/02/2015

I was very pleased with Cindy , she was there for me to answer any questions or concerns that we might have had . She is very professional in every way as well as friendly helpful and caring . I would definitely recommend Cindy !

Sent on 10/18/2015

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review Kathy!! I really appreciate it and thank you for having us!

Patrick · Married on 08/15/2014

Cindy is such a pleasure to work with. She has the wonderful talent of making all things pretty and a positive can-do attitude! Would recommend any bride to her :)

Sent on 10/17/2015

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you so much Patrick!! I really appreciate the kind words!

We worked with Cindy for our wedding and she was fantastic! We hired her as a day of coordinator but she really did help us from the second we signed our contract until even the day after our wedding. She was very on top of things and was very focused on making sure we our wedding budget was being spread as far as possible. She negotiated things for us, suggested many vendors (which were all wonderful), and coordinated with all my vendors to make a timeline for us. I don't think I would know what to do without her help. Would highly recommend her to anyone looking for some help with their planning. She saved me a lot of stress!!

Sent on 06/28/2014

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review!! We loved being a part of your special day Danielle!! It was absolutely amazing!

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2013

Amber from An Enlightened Event planned my wedding for an entire year!! She put in a lot of hard work and a lot of hours. She is so creative with ideas with what to do for my wedding! She is professional and responds to your questions next to near immediately! She is so encouraging ! My wedding day went beyond smooth, it glided with ease because of her hard work! I arrived at the venue and was blown away with the set up of the props and signs and where everything was placed! I had no worries at all on my wedding day, I didn't have to deal with times and questions, or making sure other vendors where doing their job. There was no drama at the wedding because she dealt with everything, she had made it to where all I had to do was show up and get married! I loved having her help my husband and I with our wedding! She goes above and beyond for her clients! I recommend her to everyone! She does amazing work! The company is a great company, really easy to work with, they walk you through every step of the wedding process! I can't even describe how valuable it was to have them do the wedding!

Monica · Married on 08/20/2016

The only thing i would recommend for any couple would be to stick with one vendor when it comes to party equipment rentals because it can get very complicated with finalizing items for the wedding.

Sent on 12/09/2016

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Hi Monica and Ali! Thank you for letting us be a part of your beautiful day! Can't wait to see the pictures!
  • Paul

Paul · Married on 09/12/2015

The enlightened event team did a great job organizing our wedding! The day went perfectly and everything was accounted for. Even when we ran out of alcohol during the reception (the only thing we planned ourselves) cindy worked with the vendor and had them get more and nobody even noticed. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/17/2015

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Your wedding was so much fun! Loved that you wrote a song for your bride and shared it with everyone close to you.

Laura · Married on 09/03/2016

Michelle was a wonderful help! The day of the wedding is such chaos and every bit of help is important, especially from someone who has professional experience! :)

Sent on 01/03/2017

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Laura! We enjoyed being a part of your day.

Abby · Married on 08/20/2016

We hired Enlightened Events for our day of wedding coordinator needs and Cynthia and her team was perfect. Even though we didn't hire Cynthia or her team for wedding design or planning, she was always willing to provide some advice and feedback during my year-long planning process. She doesn't limit her services to a certain number of hours or weeks like some other event planning vendors. Cynthia was always a joy to work with and infused excitement and fun into the process. As the wedding drew near, she communicated with our vendors and created a timeline that worked well and kept the day going at a good pace. She and Kendall kept the day going amazingly on schedule and my husband and I didn't have to worry about anything logistical. We also had a lot of decor that needed to be placed and I was pretty nervous that there would be mistakes in execution, but she and her Kendall (her second in command for that day) did an super job in bringing my vision to life. I would recommend her and her team to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 09/30/2016

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We were so excited to be a part of your special day!!

Chalon · Married on 11/28/2015

Cindy and her team were a huge help in making the day perfect! The set up looked good... Also, she brought our flowers to a senior living care which I thought was a truly special act of kindness.

Sent on 04/25/2016

An Enlightened Event's reply:

It was so wonderful to be a part of your special day!

Joana · Married on 03/18/2017

I am so incredibly happy I booked with An Enlightened Event. My wedding was a few weeks ago and I was assigned Michelle as my coordinator. She was fantastic! She puts my needs FIRST. She kept me up to date via email and was always available to me. Throughout the planning process Michelle met with me a couple times to get a good feel for the vision I had for my special day. Her mission was to make my vision a reality. There was nothing she was not willing to help me with. I went into my wedding day knowing Michelle would handle any and every situation that would inevitably come up that day. Sure enough, my wedding went smoothly and seamlessly. She handled everything that day as well as checked in with me constantly to make sure there was nothing I needed. I know this day could not have been so perfect if it was not for her and An Enlightened Event. I would HIGHLY recommend them to any bride-to-be. WORTH EVERY PENNY!

Larisa · Married on 09/04/2011

3.5

Cindy from An Enlightened Event was great! It was nice to have someone guide me through the whole process, as well as generally be available to answer my questions as they came up. Additionally, she went above and beyond her duties by purchasing and setting up our whole candy station and creating the cutest little stands for our escort cards. I would definitely recommend her to other brides!

Sent on 10/18/2011

An Enlightened Event's reply:

Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!