Amy Miranda Makeup Reviews

78 Reviews for Amy Miranda Makeup

1 User photo

Amy Miranda Makeup 1

Jill · Married on 04/14/2012

Amy was wonderful and performed miracles ... especially given the fact that I had four hours of sleep and a sinus headache the night before my wedding. She was truly professional and skilled. I received many compliments on both the "trial run" and the wedding day. Amy listens to what you want and delivers. Plus, while other professionals take advantage of brides price-wise, Amy's charges are imminently reasonable. I respect her belief that every bride should be able to afford to look their best on her wedding day. Great job, Amy. Thank you so very much!

Sent on 05/13/2012

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Jill, it was a pleasure working with you! Congrats on your wedding!!

melissa · Married on 10/22/2011

Amy Miranda did the makeup for my wedding and wedding party. She was very professional and her makeup artistry lasted all night. We received many compliments on our makeup. I will most certainly recommend her to anyone needing a professional makeup artist. Her rates are very reasonable too. She also came to my home to do a trial run to go over the type of look I wanted which was very helpful.

Sent on 10/25/2011

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you my dear, it was a pleasure working with you and your lovely team. Have a blessed life!

Lynn · Married on 09/04/2011

Amy did a great job with my make-up and the make-up for my 5 bridesmaids and my mother. She was very responsive and friendly and made me feel comfortable and confident in her abilities from our first email exchange. I sent her a picture of myself and told her a little bit about what I wanted but decided not to do a trial prior to the wedding. I did not regret that decision. My make-up looked great and lasted through a very hot outdoor reception. For my bridesmaids, she gave everyone a different look that worked with their coloring but also complimented the dress color. Each of the girls were happy with the way their make-up turned out. I would definitely recommend Amy.

Sent on 09/18/2011

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

I wish you a happy, healthy and successful life. All the best in your future! xo
  • Mattie

Mattie · Married on 06/11/2011

If you need a great, professional and affordable makeup artist for any special event please do not hesitate to call Amy! Amy did a wonderful job. My wedding makeup was flawless. It lasted thru the night even with the heavy dancing and all. Thank you Amy for making me look like a princess on my wedding day! I am glad I found you!

Sent on 06/24/2011

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Such a pleasure to work with such a beautiful girl! xo

Carolyn · Married on 11/27/2010

Amy did a fantastic job on my wedding make-up. She was very flexible with me when I had to re-schedule our consultation, and was very good at listening to what I ultimately wanted for my wedding day look. She was punctual for the consultation and the day-of. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/21/2010

Cathy · Married on 10/09/2010

Made me look like a princess! Amy is so friendly and really listens to what you want.

Sent on 11/04/2010

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Cathy darling, it was such a pleasure working with you. You made me laugh and you have a fantastic sense of humour.. You were the most relaxed and charming bride I had ever met. I wish you the very best in your life.. Hugs!

Sara · Married on 08/14/2010

Amy was AWESOME! Very patient, punctual, professional, reasonable prices and very knowledgeable when it comes to what will look great! I HIGHLY recommend her if you need make up for a special occasion. I searched HIGH and LOW and thank God I found her!

Sent on 08/31/2010

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you and your bridesmaids Sara! I wish you a happy and healthy life! xoxo Amy

Ashley · Married on 10/17/2009

I am so happy that I found Amy Miranda only three weeks before my wedding. I was going to do my make-up myself, but I am thrilled that I changed my mind at the last minute. Amy Miranda has great communication skills, was quick to respond/answer any questions that I had, and she was efficient in her work. She arrived at the hotel ahead of schedule and got to work. I was amazed with her results! My mom is still raving about how fabulous she made my eyes look. She did an equally great job with my bridesmaids. I highly recommend her services! Additionally, the value for the cost was incredible- she is very affordable and does a phenomenal job!

Sent on 11/04/2009

Rachel · Married on 08/22/2009

Amy is great! I really enjoyed meeting her and having her do makeup for me and my sister on my wedding day. She came to Northern Virginia from Germantown for the trial and the day-of and she was on time and very professional and friendly both times. She spent a lot of time with me and listened to what I wanted and really tried to compliment my personal style and style and time of day of the wedding. I wanted a very natural look and she achieved it beautifully. She is very knowledgeable about makeup and colors and steered me in the right direction, but allowed me to make choices, which I appreciated.
    Amy is also skilled in working with oily skin and problem skin. I have oily skin and was worried about looking shiny halfway through my wedding day, but she used a great product that worked marvelously. I didn't even need to touch up! My sister has a little trouble with her skin and Amy used products that made her look beautiful! She also offered to supply us with touch-up makeup, but didn't pressure us to buy. She came on time and very well prepared for both of our appointments and made us feel completely at ease and comfortable. I would recommend her to any bride in search of an affordable and professional makeup artist!

Sent on 09/22/2009

Rachel · Married on 08/22/2009

Amy Miranda was a wonderful makeup artist! She did my makeup and my sister's makeup for my wedding in August 2009 and I was very pleased with her work. She conducted a very through consultation with me a few days prior to the wedding to make sure that I looked exactly how I wanted to look. I was really happy that even though I was married on a hot August day, my makeup was perfect the whole wedding and reception and didn't need any touch-up. Her rates are very affordable and I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/27/2010

Lisa · Married on 09/27/2008

I was very satisfied with the way Amy did my wedding makeup. I did not feel like I had too much makeup on and had very little maintenance throughout the night. It was a very timeless elegant look that went along with my style and personal look.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Dear Lisa, you are a true elegant classy lady in every way. All the best in your new life! xox

Carrie · Married on 08/02/2008

Amy was so much fun to work with. She really is a student of makeup artistry and was up on the latest trends and techniques. She has an amazing collection of high end makeup. She took special care to take each individual's appearance and tastes into account. She took the time to explain each detail of her process and I learned a little bit during the trial and during the big day. Her rates were extremely reasonable for the level of service she provided and made it possible for me to have professional beauty services without breaking the bank. She did such an amazing job with my makeup and that of my bridesmaids. I highly recommend Amy!

Sent on 09/02/2008

Joanne · Married on 09/22/2001

Amy did an outstanding job with my makeup. She gave me a complete tutorial on how to apply and make my makeup last longer. This is the best gift that I could have given myself! I think every woman should spend a couple of hours with Amy to learn how to make themselves beautiful. Can't wait to share her with my friends! Thanks!!

Sent on 10/16/2010

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely review. xox

Gayle · Married on 08/07/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Amy! She did an amazing job on my makeup for my trial, which I did the same day as my engagement shoot to kill two birds with one stone. The makeup lasted almost all day through the 90-degree heat outside - and my fake eyelashes lasted even after a 30-minute mountain hike! She was friendly, listened to what I wanted, explained what she was doing and using, was very professional and overall was someone I felt I could trust. Can't wait to have her do my wedding makeup, and I would recommend her in a heartbeat to anyone!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Amber · Married on 02/23/2014

Amy is awesome! This was a trial for my wedding and she uses quality, high end makeup and is very thorough and gentle. She is open to hearing from you on what you'd like to see in styles. She is accommodating and will be doing make up for myself and six others on the day of in June :)

Highly recommend her! She's great!!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you for appreciating and I wish you a beautiful life. Should you have any makeup questions, please remember I will be happy to answer and assist you in future. Best wishes again, Amy

Gaby · Married on 07/07/2012

Amy was great to work with. She was very flexible with her time and did a fantastic job with my makeup. I simply loved her work.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you my dear Gaby, it was great working with you! I wish you happiness, health and success.

Michele · Married on 06/16/2012

Amy is wonderful to work with! She is very quick to respond, she is open-minded to your wants and needs and also can recommend from her experience. She is warm, professional, friendly, and makes you feel like you are the most important and that she will do everything to make you look the way you want to on your big day!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Thank you Michele.

Tamara · Married on 12/18/2010

I enjoyed working with Amy very much. She made me feel very comfortable and relaxed while I was having my makeup done. She offered tips that I can follow on my own after she left. She also stayed a while longer to make sure my makeup was perfect for all the photos taken in the first portion of my photo session. She was on time and very prepared. I will defintiely use her services again!

Sent on 12/24/2010

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Tamara for your kind review. I am so glad I was able to work with you on this occasion. One thing I am not sure I understand is what did not fully satisfy you regarding flexibility. I agreed to come on the date you chose and at the location of your choice, I was on time, and stayed a bit longer after I was done. I am not sure why you rated it at 4.5..? You looked gorgeous and I am so glad the photos came out perfect. I wish you all the best!

Leilani · Married on 01/29/2010

Amy was awesome. I enjoyed her make up tips and how beautiful my make up turned out.

Sent on 01/31/2011

Dan & Jenn · Married on 09/17/2011

Amy was great. She was very reassuring through the whole planning process and offered great advice. I loved my make-up. I would recommend a trial run as it really helped to get my look down. Amy listened to what I wanted and delivered that with a combination of artistic knowledge. Amy also did my bridesmaids make-up and they all looked fabulous. We had the make-up done in the morning and it stayed put until the ceremony at 5pm and well into the evening. Great value! Really enjoyed her services.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you my dear, it was my pleasure.
  • X

Helen · Married on 06/11/2010

My prom was coming up in 2 months and I was worried that I couldn't find a makeup artist. I have asian eyes (monolid) and i was afraid that no makeup artist could make me look fabulous on my oh so special night. And suddenly I found Amy Miranda's makeup website. I couldn't believe I found a makeup artist who could apply makeup on so many different ethnicities! I made an appointment with Amy and the day of prom she came earlier then I expected (which is a good thing because I hate when people are not punctual). I had horrible acne at the time and she made me look AMAZING. I looked flawless! I have to admit my eyeshadow was a bit extreme but I definitely stood out at prom. Amy was so sweet and I was so glad she did my makeup at prom! When my little sister goes to prom, I know exactly who to contact!

Sent on 08/27/2010

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Lovely girl, I am glad you liked my work. My goal was to cover all your acne and make sure you feel comfortable and at ease that night around your pals, and I happy to say that I succeeded. I also created your eye makeup look to match your dress and appropriate for the occasion. I thank you for allowing me to work with you on this occasion and I especially thank your mother for giving me a bag of beautiful red apples to show her appreciation of my work.

Delmy · Married on 09/05/2015

Amy was amazing. She did a really good job. She also made me feel comfortable that is one of the best things. She did exactly what I was looking for and I am beyond happy with the results. I definetaly recommend her if you need make up done for your wedding :)

Sent on 07/15/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you! I can't wait to do your wedding day makeup!!

Jodi · Married on 05/16/2015

I was beyond happy with my wedding makeup as well as all my bridesmaids. I was also happy with how calm and easy she was to work with. She ended up doing makeup on 11 girls and did so in a quick fashion. Everyone had different skin tones and she was able to adapt to each one and inquired why level of make up each person really wanted. I would recommend Amy to any bride and her group! Very well priced for superior services as well. Thanks again Amy!

Sent on 07/20/2016

Thank you Jodi!!

Melissa · Married on 05/30/2010

Finding a make-up artist seemed to be the hardest part of wedding planning. So many seemed to do make-up for professional photo shoots that did not translate into the natural kind of make-up that I realized looked the best for a wedding. She was extremely professional, prompt, and helpful all-around. She purchased all of the “back-up” make-up I would need for the night at a discount. She always talked through what she was applying and why and had a nice balance of asking what you liked and providing her professional opinion on colors and looks.

Sent on 11/15/2010

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Melissa: thank you for your taking the time to review your makeup experience with me. I appreciate the business and I am happy to have worked with you and your family members on your wedding day. I went an extra mile trying to please you in every way, and I am glad you appreciate the fact that provided you with quality cosmetics purchased specifically for you using my own professional discount to save you money. I arrived on time to your hotel room, brought my professional lamp to enlighten the dark room, as well as my professional makeup chair, enabling you to sit comfortably while having your makeup done. I did my very best to cover all your blemishes and birthmarks, airbrushed your brother's face for free so I was confident when I left that you were totally satisfied. I wish you a wonderful life with your other half! Life is too short to not stop and smell the roses.

I was very happy with the makeup Amy did for me, my maid of honor, and my mother on my wedding day. I was originally trying to cut costs by skipping the trial session, but in the end decided to do it and I'm very happy I did. Amy considered my feedback and comments from the trial and the final wedding day makeup was great!

My only qualms were that she was half an hour late on the day of the wedding (added a bit of stress, but ended up not being a big problem) and that the airbrush makeup doesn't hold up well to crying. There were tear tracks down my cheeks after the ceremony and I only hope they don't show up in the photos!

Overall, Amy's service was very good and affordable.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Hello beautiful lady and thank you for leaving a feedback!

Congratulations on your wedding! I wish you a life of happiness and success.

Just to quickly clarify the airbrush comment you made, please remember that the airbrush I use is water-based and is much better for the skin than a silicone based airbrush - which tends to make a person look heavily made up and requires special powder to set it up.

The general preference from my brides is for a skin that does not look cakey or gives a feeling of being heavily made up so in order for your makeup to look more natural I use a water based foundation from a leading company with an excellent reputation. So as you can see, every product has a pro and a con and in my personal experience the water based airbrush is much better than the silicone based airbrush. Of course there are also traditional liquid or cream makeup but following your trial run, we went for the airbrush makeup.

Regarding arriving half an hour late, I may decide what time to arrive not out of negligence but due to changes of last minute such as reduction in the number of people who need makeup or at the time of doing the contract, extra time has been allowed which on the day of the wedding gets adjusted by me. So long as the makeup was completed on time and at the time agreed, I don't see an issue. If I arrived 30 minutes late, again it was by choice not by mistake or error. I calculate the time needed per person but I do understand you may have been a little anxious on the wedding day.

Once again, congrats on your beautiful wedding, I wish you the very best. Should you need my services for a special occasion, please do not hesitate to contact me.