Amy Miranda Makeup Reviews

78 Reviews for Amy Miranda Makeup

1 User photo

Amy Miranda Makeup 1

Brittany · event on 04/18/2015

Amy was a delight to work with. She was incredibly conscious and sensitive to my time and schedule. Before entering her lovely little studio, we chatted about my needs, her style, and her ideas as to what she would like to do to give me the perfect look for my outdoor Engagement photo shoot. Amy walked me through all of her products and explained why she chose to use them and where I may be able to purchase them for myself. The experience was, overall, lovely. She was kind, attentive, and a real artist.

Sent on 04/21/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

I am so happy that you liked and enjoyed the entire experience! I strive to give the best to each and every woman who stops by my studio to get a flawless and beautiful makeup look! I hope to see you again, and wish you the very best Brittany!
  • User4856104 · event on 03/07/2015

I had a makeup lesson with Amy today and found her to be very knowledgeable, friendly, and good at applying and teaching makeup techniques. I appreciated her wisdom about the products and how to apply them. She helped me find better ways to highlight my features and gave me confidence in applying my own makeup. I would recommend her to anyone looking for new ways to bring out their beauty. She knows a lot about all the different kinds of brushes and makeup. She took the time to explain everything to me and give me a list of recommended products, without pressuring me to buy any. She also has some things in mind before I got there and was ready to get started right away. It was well worth the money! I am very happy with the results and feel confident that I can recreate our look. Thank you Amy!!!

Sent on 03/07/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

The pleasure was all mine Laura! Thank you!
  • User4775412 · event on 02/07/2015

I want to say a big thank you to Amy. I am going through chemotherapy and have lost most of eyebrows and lashes. I wanted to find someone who could help me with my makeup now that my face has changed quite a bit. Amy was very kind and had many great ideas. She taught me how to make my eyes, skin and face look so much better. Amy was encouraging and just what I needed to look and feel better during chemotherapy.

Sent on 02/08/2015
  • User4717895 · event on 01/19/2015

I found Amy online when I was searching one for someone to give me a make -up lesson as a birthday present for myself:) My experience with Amy far surpassed my expectations. She has an extensively equipped and entirely professional home studio and a great deal of expertise and passion for working with make-up. She went above and beyond to tailor my "lesson" to exactly meet my needs. We had a great time working together and I love the results. What an awesome experience!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

It was my pleasure to work with you on this special occasion. Happy Birthday my dear and please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. Sincerely, Amy Miranda

Amy Miranda did a fabulous job with my makeup! I went to her house in Ashburn, VA with my maid of honor to do a trial-run today, 6 months before my wedding. She spent an hour and a half doing my makeup expertly and walking me through the entire process. She uses high quality products and has a huge selection of wonderful products that are safe and flawless on the skin. I loved the way I looked and the attention to detail. I cannot wait for her to do my makeup for my wedding next year and would highly recommend her! On the day of the wedding she will come to my hotel, and do makeup for all of my bridesmaids. Her prices are extremely reasonable for this area and for the quality of service she provides.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you very much for your comment! I am so happy that you loved my style and products used. Each and every one is bought after careful study and not randomly. Each and every brush is bought one at a time or sometimes as a set, paying full attention to their functionality, softness and quality. I love makeup with a passion but more importantly I love to see my brides happy and smiling after I finish doing their makeup. Each of my brides is unique and I like to connect with each one of them, to be able to deliver what vision they have in their mind. Have a beautiful day and thank you again!

brooke · Married on 10/18/2014

Most of the time, "you get what you paid for," rings true. Except for Amy. She is truly, truly talented and applies just incredibly beautiful makeup. She knows she can charge more, but she prefers to remain accessible to everyone. Her website and blog are amazing, and her passion comes through with every face. We did two trials, because I love makeup and wear quite a bit regularly so I wanted to make sure it was extra special for the wedding day. She listened to exactly what I wanted and created a look that was made me feel better than I've ever felt. Ya ya, beauty comes from within, but it doesn't hurt on the outside either! Book Amy, and all her high end products and airbrush machine, for half or a third of the price that less talented artists with sub-par products are charging. You won't be disappointed.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Dear Brooke
    The pleasure was all mine.. Thank you for your appreciation and kind words. Please feel free to contact me again if I can be of assistance with any makeup requests.
    Amy

Nerisha · event on 07/05/2014

I highly recommend amymiranda! Her professionalism is awesome!!! From the moment we conversed via email, I could tell she had a lot of confidence in her expertise. I can not wait for her to make my day even more beautiful!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Nerisha, the pleasure was all mine. It was great doing your makeup for your engagement photoshoot! See you again very soon!

Mary · Married on 06/27/2014

Amy is professional and very reasonable compared to other make up artists. She came to my house on the day of the wedding and worked quickly to get me, my mom and 3 bridesmaids beautiful before our pictures.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Mary for your great review! I hope that all went well and the makeup lasted long. Congratulations to you and your hubby on your recent wedding!!

Anastasiya · Married on 05/10/2014

I went to Amy for a make up trial and got make up done for my wedding. Amy really approachable and so easy to talk with. She made my experience fun and enjoyable. She did fabulous job and made me look gorgeous on my wedding day. I highly recommend Amy.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Anastasiya, it was a pleasure working with you and your lovely sister! I look forward to our makeup lesson in August! Until we meet again, be well and congrats again on your wedding!
  • User4020137 · event on 04/06/2014

I am a 62 year old Asian women whose son is getting married. I don't normally wear make-up or even own a tube of lipstick and am allergic to many products so this whole make-up process was a bit daunting but I so wanted to look nice for the wedding. Amy was such a great listener about all my concerns, was so interested in what I was wearing so that the make-up could enhanced the whole effect, an amazing teacher in explaining what she was doing and why, and very gentle in her application. I was absolutely thrilled with the outcome that I thought was tailored just for me; I looked and felt 10 years younger! It was a wonderful experience that I enjoyed on so many levels. You really feel like you had a friend who cared about making you be the best that you could be. I could highly recommend her and don't think you could go wrong in putting yourself in her very capable and highly experienced hands.

Sent on 04/07/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Ann. It was a pleasure working with someone as sweet as you. I look forward to seeing you again soon! Take care, xoxo Amy

Jackey · Married on 02/22/2014

Amy is terrific. This review is based on my makeup trial with her today. She is a true pro and pays great attention to detail. I went in not knowing quite what I wanted and really let her take the reins for the trial. She did an amazing job, the transformation was truly incredible. Amy was also very open to my critique after wearing the makeup for the day. After a while I decided I wanted a few adjustments to the look for my big day and she was so open to hearing my preferences after wearing the makeup. I can't wait to have Amy do my wedding in September on my wedding day. Her prices are reasonable and she's extremely pleasant to be around. She uses high quality makeup as well, you can barely feel like you have anything one. I highly recommend using Amy for any of your makeup needs.

Sent on 02/22/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much Jackie, the pleasure was all mine!!
    The trial run is done so that we can check and see what we like and we may not want to do on the wedding day! It is a fun experience but very useful. I strongly recommend doing a trial run prior to the wedding so that we get a sense of what we would like to see on the wedding day in terms of makeup intensity, look, colors, shades and products used.
    Have an amazing day!
  • Q

Queenee · Married on 11/30/2013

I was looking for a make up artist for my May 2014 wedding and found Amy's website. I read so much good reviews and I decided to email her. She replied right away and gave me a price quote. Her price is so affordable. I had my bridal trial yesterday and the results were great!
    She makes you feel comfortable, listens to you and gives you the exact look you are looking for. She's amazing! Her studio is clean, so organized and she's using high end make up line which lasted the whole day. I will definitely recommend her! This is a follow up on how AMY did an excellent job on my wedding day (5-24-14). I couldn't ask for more... AMY is an exceptional talented make up artist! She finished all our make up on time. All of our make up lasted all day long. And we all look fabulous! She handles everyone professionally. Thank you so much AMY for making me, my maid of honor, my bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother in law, all beautiful on my wedding day. When you choose AMY you'll be in excellent hands. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/02/2013

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much for your appreciation of my hard work! Makeup on a group of various people is exciting, fun and can be challenging, but not when the good energy is there! I loved working with you and your lovely friends/family and I hope I can assist you in future with any makeup needs you may have! Have a beautiful life my dear Queenee!

Janine · Married on 11/16/2013

I found Amy's website very randomly, while looking for a makeup artist for my sister's wedding, for the bride, mother of the bride, and the rest of the bridesmaids. I saw good reviews so we called her for a quote and trial. Amy really worked with our budget and size of the party, and the bridal trial results were better than we anticipated! Yesterday, November the 16th, was the day of the wedding. Not only did the bride look flawless, but so did the rest of the party, including myself. Our makeup never smeared or melted away. We loved that she created each of our looks based on our individual preferences/style, varied facial features and our skin tones. She made sure each of us looked like a flawless version of ourselves. My mother was also extremely happy with her makeup. Unlike many artists, when it comes to older women, they rarely do a good job. Amy is tasteful, and creates the makeup look to make sure it compliments this age group. My mother received so many compliments as well. Amy herself is the sweetest lady, so easy to work with, and very good at what she does. She uses only high-end products, and her application technique is very clean. I can't wait until we have to use Amy's services again, she is worth every penny and more.

Sent on 11/17/2013

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you very much Janine, the pleasure was all mine. Your mom is amazing!
    Should you have any makeup needs in future, please feel free to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist!

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2013

I cannot say enough good things about working with Amy! I found Amy via Wedding Wire for my November 2013 wedding, and after reading so many good things about her work, was definitely interested in having her do my wedding makeup. Once I read about her prices, I thought, "this must be too good to be true!" I am happy to say it is not! She does incredibly high quality work, with excellent products, in an expeditious manner. She is kind, personable, and professional. She was flexible to travel from her home to do makeup for myself, my mother, and my aunt, verrry early on a Sunday morning before our wedding. Honestly, look no further for a makeup artist!

Sent on 01/11/2014

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Lauren! The pleasure was all mine! Thank you for realizing that my prices are affordable. I don't take advantage of the fact that this is a wedding so the price must be high, as is the reasoning with my colleagues. I wish you a beautiful life and let me know if you have any makeup needs so I can assist you!

Jamie · Married on 08/03/2013

Amy was delightful to work with. I have never had my makeup done by anyone, I heard about airbrush and wasn't sure how it would turn out. I had my makeup trial for my Wedding with Amy and it was AMAZING!!!! She makes you feel comfortable and gives you the exact look you are looking for. I would highly recommend Amy to anyone who wants their makeup done beautifully and correctly!

Sent on 08/07/2013

Stacy · event on 07/06/2013

Amy was very helpful and knew exactly what worked best for me can't wait for the special day that she will doing my make up for and my groups make up also.

Sent on 07/06/2013

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Stacy, the pleasure was all mine!!!

Amy was great to work with. She did make-up for a wide range of women (12 yo through 60's) and everyone looked beautiful. She was responsive, professional and a very kind person in general. I think her prices are extremely fair as well.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you for making me part of your special day!! Makeup is not just for young women, it also includes mothers and grand mothers and knowing how to do each and every person from a different age group, or a different ethnicity, takes some knowledge and talent. I was so happy to working with you and your amazing friends/family! All the best in your new life!
  • User3331901 · 2+ years ago

Awesome work, she made me so beautiful on my day, I couldn't have asked for better make up artist.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you for your lovely comment! Have a happy and successful life!

Amy was AMAZING! She was available last minute for my makeup and my mothers makeup the day of my wedding. She is truly talented at what she does and has a gift at making you look your most beautiful. She does age appropriate makeup, it was light, fresh and not caked on. I loved my makeup the day of my wedding and was surprised that it lasted the whole day even in the 90+ degree heat! She was prompt and so calm the day of. Also, her prices were phenomenal compared to many of the other vendors I researched. I just adore her and will definitely recommend her to friends and family.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

You are so sweet! Thank you for the kind words, it was my pleasure to work with you and your beautiful mom!!

Amy is wonderful. I went to her for a trial run which I highly recommend. We worked out the look that was perfect for me so that on the wedding day, I knew everything would be great. Amy is incredibly caring, skilled and knowledgeable. I recommend her highly. Thanks Amy!

Sent on 05/05/2013

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you so much! It is great to have a trial run, as it gives you a feel of what to expect on the wedding day!!

Mrs. · Married on 12/15/2012

Amy is the most wonderful and talented make up artist in the Nova/DC area! She did my wedding day make-up, all of my bridesmaids and my mother! She is professional, responsive and will make you look so beautiful the day of! Her rates are incredibly low compared to all the other make up artists I spoke to. She uses high quality make up and brings a make-up chair and a ridiculous amount of make-up the day of. I wanted someone who is skilled in eye make-up; my wedding was an evening wedding and my makeup looked flawless in the photos! My make-up stayed on without any touch ups the entire night and everyone raved about it! I am so glad I choose Amy, she is talented and wonderful and she has the nicest personality! I would recommend her to anyone who is looking for a truly talented make-up artist in the area who is affordable too!

Sent on 03/15/2013

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you M ! I loved every minute of it! Your have such a warm and loving personality. I wish you a life full of happiness! Much love, Amy

Nadine · Married on 11/10/2012

Amy was great!! She did my make-up, the bride and groom mothers and some of the bridesmaids and everyone looked great! She is very professional and easy to work with. She is willing to change and tweak anything you don't like and she has the most absurd amount of high quality make-up I have ever seen. Not to mention that her pricing is very reasonable. I would definitely reccommend Amy to future brides!

Sent on 11/28/2012

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you Nadine for making me of this very exciting day.. each and every one of you was looking very beautiful and I hope this day will be remembered by everyone. xox

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2012

Amy was wonderful! I had originally planned on having a family friend do my make-up but two months before my wedding she found out her niece was getting married on the same day. Amy's prices are incredibly reasonable and the finished product was amazing. My skin is sensitive and has always been very red and the makeup she used was not only gentle on my skin but also kept the red away all day. I highly recommend the trial run, it is definitely worth it! I got a chance to try out the fake lashes (though I ultimately went with mascara because the look was a little too dramatic for my 11am wedding) and it also gave me a chance to see how it would all look and allow me to make changes and be completely satisfied with my wedding day look. Amy was prompt to the church and always very responsive to my emails. I highly recommend her and wouldn't hesitate to call her for any future occasions!

Sent on 10/22/2012

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Congratulations on your wedding Jessica! I am honored you made me part of your special day and so happy that you liked the makeup. I wish you all the very best.
    Amy Miranda

Amy did an amazing job on both myself and my mother for my wedding. In my trial, I commented that my make up was a bit too heavy for me & on the actual day of the wedding she adjusted it to the perfect level. It lasted all day, through the heat! I've never seen my mom look so beautiful! Amy also did my 11 year old niece's make up for the wedding & it was simply perfect for her. Amy arrived early and was very professional. Thank you for helping to make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/12/2012

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you and your beautiful mother!!

lauren · Married on 06/24/2012

Amy was awesome!! I would recommend using her to anyone! She did a wonderful job with everyone's makeup. She was very accommodating for us. We had brought on extra bridesmaids the day of the wedding who wanted their makeup done as well and she was very flexible and was able to get everyone in!

Thanks again Amy! It was wonderful working with you!

Sent on 07/29/2012

Amy Miranda Makeup's reply:

Thank you for your recommendation Lauren. It was a pleasure working with you and your lovely bridesmaids!! Congrats on your wedding !!