Amy June Weddings and Events Reviews

37 | La Jolla, CA

37 Reviews for Amy June Weddings and Events

Stephanie · Married on 04/22/2017

We had our wedding at Shadowridge Country Club on April 22, 2017.
    Our wedding day couldn't have been any more amazing and it was all because of Amy's assistance!
    Everything went so smooth and on time. All the details were exactly what I envisioned and I never felt stressed, because I knew it would all be taken care of accordingly.
    Amy is very detail oriented and phenomenal at what she does. She is very honest, direct, and in clear communication with you, to make sure your special day goes perfectly.
    Brides, she is the coordinator for you!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Christine · Married on 11/19/2016

Amy June was the answer to our wedding day prayers! She was incredibly easy to work with, knowledgeable, responsive in a timely manner and brought everything together perfectly for the day-of. I know that the day wouldn't have been nearly as enjoyable and stress-free had it not been for her. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Adam · Married on 11/18/2016

Amy June is the real deal. She knows all of the venues, vendors, etc.- this is exactly why you hire a wedding planner.

Her knowledge and experience were invaluable in the planning process. She consistently was able to save us money, negotiate better pricing, and coordinate all details. All of her vendor referrals were on point- beautiful flowers, delicious food that was hot and tasty, decor, photographer (she knows which ones are good with the lighting corresponding with your event) etc. She is super- relaxed about all of it because she knows exactly what she's doing, what works, and what doesn't. And she knows the right time for decisions on each element. This is key.

Fast forward to the week of the wedding. Amy clearly listened to our months of ideas, collaborated with us on research, and even shared in a Pinterest board. How do we know? WE WERE BLOWN AWAY! The wedding far surpassed our expectations. We have very particular and discerning taste and she pulled it off with ease and finesse. Countless guests commented to us that this was the best wedding they had ever attended and that there would never be another one that would be able to top it. The details matter. And she knows what those details are and should be.

Amy looks out for the couple as well. Not only does she make sure that you are getting the best deals but that you also have a wedding that is representative of the two of you and that you ENJOY your own event.

Do not buy "day of" services. You should do partial or full planning. The money saved, time saved, and expertise far exceeds the cost. Frankly if you do an ROI analysis, the partial and full planning are far better deals.

Sent on 12/06/2016

Christopher · Married on 11/18/2016

There are so many reasons to choose to use the services of a wedding planner- the good, reputable ones are experts in their field, can accommodate a variety of tastes and nuances, have access to networks and suppliers, and moreover, know how everyone works in different situations. Amy June surpassed our already high expectations.

We knew that our vision for our wedding was going to be very different- a fusion of Chinese and American cultures, a gay wedding, and guests flying in from all over the world. Amy took detailed notes every time we met with her (and she willingly met with us any time we needed to!) and would either have ideas ready or tap into her vast network to give us options for elements we wanted to include. We literally had everything we wanted and more- incorporating an abbreviated Chinese tea ceremony, Chinese lion dance for blessings of our wedding, outfit changes, a perfectly timed ceremony with the sunset on the beach, etc.

My husband and I like to do our own research as well. When we would meet, we would suggest particular vendors and Amy knew the pros and cons of everyone. THIS IS INVALUABLE. She will not steer you wrong. Also, she was able to help us save so much money as she has all of the connections and knows how to source properly. Amy will also provide check lists and only give you tasks at the appropriate times. She really has it all under control and you don't have to worry.

For the day of, she was the ultimate project manager. She kept everyone on task and on time. She will look out for you as the couple to make sure you are enjoying your night thoroughly, have the chance to see the details, and more.

We just got our wedding photos back today and we kept commenting on how amazing Amy did at all of the decor, planning, etc. I know that I've already mentioned this, but our standards are EXTREMELY high- we are picky, have very discerning taste, etc. Amy was the key to our perfect day.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Amazing! My husband and I (and our families) are beyond grateful for Amy and her team. Before the wedding she was tremendously helpful keeping everything organized, answering our questions, connecting with our vendors, and handling the logistics. Amy exceeded our expectations leading up to the wedding, but went above and beyond the day of. When we walked into the venue I was blown away. Amy and her team handled all of the setup and it was perfect. In addition, she was the glue that day making sure everything happened on time, everyone was comfortable, all vendors were on the same page, etc. I was so relaxed knowing she was on top of everything. We were so impressed and would highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/01/2015

rosie · Married on 10/16/2015

Amy and her team were such a pleasure to work with! I hired her for Day of Services, which is really more like "month/week of" services. In the weeks leading up to my wedding, Amy was available to answer any questions via email/phone/text, review my final contracts, coordinate a wedding rehearsal, final venue walk through and just keep this busy bride on track! I am a perfectionist, so I really wanted someone I could trust to make sure the day went exactly how I had planned and Amy and her assistant did just that. Everything went flawlessly. Apparently there had been a small issue with my photo booth, which Amy handled and afterwards, made sure I got a partial refund. I highly recommend her services to any bride-to-be!! Thank you, Amy!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Amy · Married on 09/27/2015

I was reluctant to use a wedding planner, but hiring Amy June was such a blessing. We had a short time to plan a wedding and never felt an ounce of stress in preparation because of Amy. She was always easy to stay in touch with while planning and even after the wedding. Everything she said she would do, she did above and beyond. All I can do and all my family can do is speak raves of her. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Stephen · Married on 06/21/2014

Amy was a godsend throughout the planning process and during the day of the event. Hiring her for partial planning and day of event coordination was absolutely the best money that my husband and I spent on the entire wedding. She helped craft a perfect event combining our vision and her knowledge of the industry. We were incredibly happy with the vendors that she recommended and all the great insight she provided in making such a memorable event. I'm so happy that we got to know her and, through the process, become friends. HIRE HER!!!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Amy knows her wedding stuff! I had a small, non-traditional backyard wedding and hired Amy to keep things moving smoothly. She was awesome from start to finish. She had GREAT recommendations for food, flowers, music, rentals, hair/makeup etc, that were all within my budget. I used Lance Roll the Flavor Chef and Allie's Party Rentals. The music and flowers we did on our own but she had some great referrals. I unexpectedly got pregnant while engaged which changed our budget quite a bit, Amy worked with me through it all. We were able to have the wedding we dreamed of within our budget. The day of was perfect she was there literally from start (actually before the wedding started) to finish...she was one of the last people to leave. She worked well with other vendors, you can tell she's well respected in her field. She thought of things I would have never thought of myself and kept our day running smoothly. It was truly perfect. I strongly recommend using Amy to help you make your day special and seamless. Thank you, Amy!

Sent on 05/29/2014
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 12/28/2013

I'm so happy we had Amy as our day-of wedding coordinator! When we decided we wanted a wedding coordinator for the day of our wedding, we got recommendations from a couple friends. We weren't happy with any of the companies/people we contacted for various reasons (very expensive, difficult to get a hold of via phone/email, not flexible with meeting times/locations).

My mom was searching the Wedding Wire site and found Amy's info. I was thrilled when I contacted Amy to inquire about her services and she emailed back within minutes. From the first email, she was prompt, professional, and helpful. After meeting with Amy and hiring her for our day-of wedding coordination services, she made sure to let us know that we could call or email her with any questions we had leading up to the wedding (Some of the other places I contacted gave you an allotment of emails allowed.)

We didn't need help finding too many of our vendors, but we had no worries that Amy would make sure everything went smoothly with all of them on the day of our wedding. On the day of the event, Amy and her assistant were on site to oversee the set up, the actual event, and the clean up. Our family and friends got to enjoy the day with us without having to worry about all of the little details that go into a wedding ceremony and reception. Our day couldn't have been more perfect. We would highly recommend Amy's services!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Jenny · Married on 11/02/2013

My husband and I planned our wedding in San Diego as a destination wedding - with almost no contacts in the area to assist us and minimal knowledge of the city. After starting the research/planning process, I began to feel a little (okay, a lot) overwhelmed and just for S&Gs looked into a coordinator. I happily discovered that there was such a thing as "day of" services and Googled and Yelped from there until I stumbled upon Amy - and I'm SO THANKFUL I found her! She was a lot of fun to talk to and had a way of putting my mind at ease.

Even though she was my day-of coordinator, you wouldn't know it. She referred me to the DJ (The Creative Music DJ), make-up artist (Lipstick & Luster), photographer (AS Photography) and ceremony musician (ukulele player Anthony Cutietta) and even helped me whenever I had difficulty reaching someone at the reception venue or if I just had general "what should I do?" questions. She also took the time during a brief visit 6 months prior to drive us around to check out the ceremony and reception sites and cake tasting. Not to mention all the emails and texts she responded to without complaint.

The wedding went off without a hitch and Amy and her assistant (Melissa, I believe) were AMAZING. Amy even had a kidney stone but (despite my protests that she go to the hospital) trucked on through it and made sure I had a day I'll never forget.

THANK YOU AMY!

Sent on 11/10/2013

Tracey · Married on 07/13/2013

I am the MOG ( mother of the groom ) and I am pleased to say Amy June was more than professional. I read some bad reviews, and lest we forget.... we are people, not computers. I can not think of one thing that Amy could have done better. She was courteous, kind, respectful, organized, FUN, and attentive to my daughter in love. I realize others may WANT to say bad things, but I can not find one thing to say in the negative. Amy June will plan MY wedding if I ever remarry! ( my son and daughter chose Amy June, they are so SMART!)

Sent on 08/23/2013

Rachel · Married on 04/06/2013

Amy was the best! The best price, the best planner, the best personality, the best referrals - everything! She was our day-of coordinator that went above and beyond day-of duties! She was a true professional and 100% responsive from day one. She gave us amazing vendors and handled anything and everything that popped up - from a crotchety contact at our church to a missing table to finding a guests' lost purse to even just keeping my champagne glass full - and best of all I didn't even know of any issues that popped up that day! I can honestly say that knowing Amy was handling things made the day so much more enjoyable - I wasn't worried about a single thing and could take in the experience with my husband and guests and not worry about small details. Amy is a real asset to the wedding and event community - and not to mention just a joy to know as well!

Sent on 04/15/2013
  • TheAbrios

Tami & Cheryll · Married on 10/11/2012

Amy was our magnificent wedding planner for our October LGBT wedding at the Estancia LaJolla in San Diego. She came as a last minute recommendation from our friends Sara and Ryan (of Sara + Ryan Photography). We had previously contracted with another planner who was a friend of the family however we had to cut our budget down and couldn't afford to work with them in the long run. Fast forward to our quickly approaching wedding date when we were gifted a sum of money and found ourselves overwhelmed in the minutiae of details. We decided we needed a day-of planner at the very least.

From our first meeting our energy just flowed. Amy and I are very similar in our communication style...we can talk about 20 different things in the span of 15 minutes. She went above and beyond to help us connect with other vendors who extended great discounts to us because of her excellent working relationship with them. We finally felt like our dream wedding was coming together! For the first time I was relieved as the day approached.

On the day of our wedding everything went as planned, and if it didn't we had no clue lol as it should be. We were never inconvenienced. We remember every minute of our special day! We were able to relax and absorb it all. Amy was a true professional...and now she is a great friend!

Sent on 03/18/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2012

Amy from Affairs by Amy rocks! She's very professional and gets the job done without a hitch! I can't imagine what my wedding would've been like without her. I had some issues with my venue but Amy took care of it. Everything went so smoothly. She's so good at what she does and you can tell she loves it. I recommend Amy for anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/01/2012

Where do I start raving about Amy? She was just so wonderful, I don’t know where to begin.
    At our consultation meeting, Amy assured me that she would conduct the event to our exact wishes but was also able to think on her feet if there were any last-minute changes that needed to be made. She had lots of money-saving ideas and excellent vendor recommendations. I contacted Amy the next day to book her for day-of wedding coordinating services.
    Amy was great about keeping in touch to see how planning was going and providing advice. She is EXCELLENT with returning emails, responding within MINUTES. In those critical days prior to the wedding, it was very comforting and much appreciated.
    A few weeks before the event, Amy collected all the vendor contacts and dutifully took over all the coordinating, effortlessly tying up all the loose ends. I actually felt relaxed the weeks before the wedding because Amy was SO on top of everything.
    The morning of the wedding, Amy stopped by my bridal suite to see if there was anything at all I needed.
    Above all, the wedding day went PERFECTLY. Amy was everywhere making sure the event was running smoothly but somehow managed to be perfectly attentive to anything we needed. She made sure we had a chance to eat dinner and even saved us appetizers as we were busy taking photos during the cocktail hour. She also made sure the special moments were not missed by our family members, even making sure our moms were called over for the cake cutting so they wouldn’t miss it.
    Amy stayed for hours making sure everything was cleaned up which allowed us to get our entire venue deposit back.
    Our wedding day was seamless, perfect, and relaxing; all thanks to Amy. Her get-it-done attitude and incredible multi-tasking skills will ensure your wedding day is everything you want it to be.

Sent on 10/13/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/30/2012

Amy was awesome! She saved us so much money right from the get go by suggesting vendors that were priced well and excellent! The day of would have been so different without her help- she kept things going smoothly the entire time! Highly highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Graciela · Married on 05/26/2012

Amy was great I'm glad i hired her to help with my wedding. She is very affordable.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Hoang · Married on 04/28/2012

What is there to say about Amy? Besides the obvious fact that she is AMAZING!!! I'm sure as with every wedding that there was a lot of fuss and issues during the set up and throughout the night, but I wouldn't know about any of it because Amy was there and solved everything. All I really had to do was show up! She has been such a great person to confide in during the wedding planning process, and she give me great ideas and an amazing list of vendors. I had such a great time during my wedding thanks to Amy, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/07/2012

Susan · Married on 12/24/2011

I was very impressed by Amy's professionalism, attention to detail, and helpfulness at our son's wedding. Amy really listened to the bride and groom and respected their wishes while making timely and appropriate suggestions. She was easy to work with, eager to please, and extremely organized. The event flowed smoothly and everyone was overjoyed with the outcome. When the event was over, she made sure that everything was accounted for and everything in its appropriate place.

Sent on 01/03/2012

Christina · Married on 12/24/2011

Without Amy, I have no idea how my wedding would have run as smoothly as it did. She was absolutely on top of everything and made sure that our wishes were carried out exactly as we had discussed during the months prior to our wedding. If there was a problem during our wedding, we didn't worry about it.

She also has an extensive network of vendors that she can recommend. She helped us find a photographer and videographer that were within our price range and suggested some photobooth vendors that were available on our date. She worked smoothly with all our vendors (i.e. she doesn't require that you use only the ones she "approves".)

If you are on the fence about hiring a day-of coordinator, talk to Amy. Her initial consultation is no-obligation, and afterwards you'll have a great idea of what a day-of coordinator can do for you and whether or not you want one. (You probably do, unless you have a hyper-organized friend who can stand up to pushy people and is willing to take on the stress of making sure your wedding day comes off perfectly or a really really simple wedding.) We decided it was worth the money to let our friends enjoy themselves at our wedding.

While she can't guarantee that your vendors will do what you hired them to do, she can make sure that they make it right. She will make sure that the stuff you want to take back home is taken back home. She will run your wedding rehearsal if you need her to. She will confirm your vendors the week of the wedding. She will arrive at the venue before the vendors do and make sure things are set up properly, and set out your table decorations. (She also helped with decorating our venue.)

I recommend her services without hesitation. Several people at our wedding would too.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Louanne · Married on 09/25/2011

I CAN NOT EXPLAIN IN WORDS HOW FREAKIN AMAZING AMY IS!!!!! I HAVE NEVER SEEN SOMEBODY GO OUT OF THERE WAY FOR EVERYTHING. LOST MY DJ, PHOTOGRAPHY, AND VIDEO TWO WEEKS BEFORE MY WEDDING DUE TO FRAUD AND SHE FOUND ALL OF THEM FOR ME IN THE AMOUNT OF ONE DAY AND SO REASONABLE IT WAS CRAZY.
    IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE AND AMY MADE THAT HAPPEN. DONT LOOK ANY FURTHER SHE IS THE BEST OUT THERE. LOVE YOU AMY YOUR THE BEST

Sent on 10/31/2011

Tylette · Married on 09/10/2011

Amy allowed us to have the most memorable wedding of our lives. She advocated for us, kept us organized and brought great ideas. She was prepared for all the unexpected events, which ouccured on our day. We can't say enough about how wonderful her service was to us, we highly recommend her for any special event.

--Jen & Ty

Sent on 09/17/2011

Bob · Married on 09/04/2011

If I could give SIX stars for every category I would. Amy was PERFECT PERFECT for our "day of" wedding coordination for 125 guests and organizing our 6 different vendors (venue, cake, music, food, flowers, photographers, etc.). For "value" I would give her TEN stars. Don't be fooled by the fact that she probably charges less then many of her competitors - Amy offers TOP-NOTCH service and made our wedding as perfect and memorable as possible.

Sent on 09/11/2011

Brooke · Married on 08/08/2011

Amy was amazing. I was really far behind on all of the planning but she reassured me and pointed me in the right direction and I was able to get everything done in time. On the day of, I had been so busy with everything that I didn't have the chance to write up a plan for the day. Without any instructions Amy coordinated the ceremony and reception. Her assistant was a great asset as well. The ceremony site was setup, ready and perfect and so was my house where I had the reception. Amy and her assistant went above and beyond and helped in every way they could. I give Amy my highest recommendation. Brides, Amy will make your day perfect. Thanks Amy!

Sent on 08/11/2011