Amway Grand Plaza Hotel Reviews

115 | Grand Rapids, MI

115 Reviews for Amway Grand Plaza Hotel

Angelo · Married on 04/02/2009

Thanks to Stuart in reservations for making that week possible and Kelly in the VIP lounge for the great service. I recommend these guys to you if you are looking to be serviced greatly.

Sent on 04/10/2009

Ssra · Married on 05/03/2008

Exceptional in all respects.

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We truly appreciate your continued support and hope that we will see you again very soon. If there's anything I can to assist you, please don't hesitate to let me know.

• Jaime

Jaime · Married on 08/11/2012

If you want a 1st class venue for your reception, look no further. It's definitely on the more expensive side, but worth every penny. They take care of EVERYTHING for you! The food is incredible - my guests RAVED about the cocktail hour hors d'ouevres, dinner was amazing, and the cupcakes (instead of wedding cake) were the smash hit of the night!

Sent on 09/09/2012
  • W

Wynne · Married on 10/01/2011

3.5

I had both my ceremony and reception at the Amway Grand (ceremony in the Ford ballroom, reception in the Imperial). I still have people commenting to me that it was one of the most beautiful weddings they have been to. Everything went perfectly (and was very low stress for me) on the day of the wedding, and the food and cake were absolutely AMAZING. I have never tasted food like that at a wedding reception!

Although our wedding coordinator at the Amway was slow to respond at times, when it came down to it she got the job done wonderfully on the day that mattered. Our guests have raved about how great everything was with their stay at the Amway and the entire wedding weekend. I cannot imagine a more wonderful place for a classic wedding!

Sent on 01/17/2012

Megan · Married on 08/20/2011

We had Doug Orr who is the Pastry Chef for Amway, do our cake. I always said I didn't want a chocolate cake, but when I tasted the samples, I devoured the chocolate one. Our cake was so beautiful, and so delicious. Everyone at out wedding raved about it. Doug is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and is so very talented. Do yourself a favor and have him do your cake for your big day!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Fdsfgfdgd · Married on 01/18/2011

kjhk

Sent on 01/18/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/15/2009

The Amway does a wonderful job with wedding receptions. The food was awesome, and the rooms are gorgeous. Nothing else like it in Grand Rapids!

Sent on 10/27/2009

Susan · Married on 07/01/2009

This is a truly amazing place to have your wedding reception. The atmosphere is beautiful, food and service are amazing. Also, very conveient to stay the night and have out of town guests stay right here. This is the best of the best!!!!!! We also had many out of town guests that were wowed by this place.

Sent on 07/08/2009
  • W

Aileen · Married on 07/05/2008

The booking process was very simple and efficient. I commend the staff for being so friendly, knowledgable and easy to work with.

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We truly appreciate your continued support and hope that you will visit us again soon! Please don't hesitate to call me if there's anything I can do to assist you in the future.

Norma · Married on 11/18/2006

Every service provided by the Amway Grand Plaza was exceptional.

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We truly appreciate your continued support. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

• Jill

Jill · Married on 07/21/2018

Wedding Venue

My husband and I decided to have our wedding in Grand Rapids and were planning from where we live in Arizona. As soon as we decided on GR- I knew I wanted the Amway as the venue. We had the Pantlind ballroom which was gorgeous. Most of our guests came from out of town and loved staying in the hotel. The hotel block was wonderful. It was convenient for everyone to have the wedding at the hotel and lodging as well. The food was great. We worked with Alia as our liaison and she was amazing! I highly recommend working with her. I cannot say enough good things about Alia and how smoothly she helped plan our wedding while we were across the country. The only downsides were due to the venue booking policy you often can't book a wedding more than a year advance which may not be an issue for some and our cake design turned out a little bit different than I thought it would but that may have been on me for not being more clear on the design I imagined. Overall, it was a wonderful wedding experience to have both our ceremony and reception and I highly recommend to anyone planning a wedding. We loved the Amway for it's beauty and great customer service(& the delicious food!)
    (photo credit: Abbey Moore Photography)

Sent on 01/06/2019

The Amway Grand was a great wedding reception venue. The staff was beyond courteous and professional. The room was gorgeous and the food was perfect. We received so many compliments on our night. They gave us the wedding that we always wanted.

Sent on 08/21/2012

Cortney · Married on 05/27/2009

Everyone here was just awesome! I loved them, they made it such a special day!!

Sent on 07/11/2009

Ashley · Married on 08/02/2008

We had our reception at the Amway Grand Plaza in the Pantlind Ballroom and everything was perfect. Exactly how we had envisioned our reception as bride and groom. The food was great, as was the cake and the first-class service. Would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/17/2008

Kerry · Married on 09/15/2007

3.0

They were very well organized and everything was smooth sailing all night! I knew I didn't have to worry about a thing... they were on top of it. HIGHLY recommend to anyone... especially if you are looking for something formal/traditional/elegant

Sent on 09/21/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We wish you the very best and hope that you'll visit us again soon.

Brooke · Married on 07/09/2011

3.5

Venue was amazing! Everyone was very helpful and made our wedding day amazing!

Sent on 07/26/2011

Nancy · Married on 06/18/2011

3.5

They were so easy to work with and everything was just as we wanted.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Pam · Married on 10/02/2010

AGPH was a fabulous place for a wedding reception - expensive reception costs (liquor was overpriced), but the rooms were an exceptional value and our guests were very well served. Grace was awesome to work with for arranging rooms and making plans. The Bride and Groom couldn't be more pleased with their wedding. Food and cake were outstanding.

Sent on 12/29/2010

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review for the Hotel. We truly appreciate it. Please let us know if we can be of any service in the future.

All the best,
    Grace Hill

Melody · Married on 10/04/2008

3.5

Well worth the expense! ALL Amway employees catered to our every need. From housing our guest to delivering cookies to the guest room. The food and room was FABULOUS!

Rating is EXCEPTIONAL

Sent on 10/16/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Melody for taking time out of your busy schedule to post this wonderful remark about our facilities and staff. We truly appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!

Crystel · Married on 01/13/2007

Very attentive to detail, Beautiful place for wedding ceremony and reception, Excellent food, very eager to please, has an excellent beauty salon located inside hotel

Sent on 05/29/2008

Crystel,
    Thank you for taking the time to respond. We truly appreciate your continued support. We hope that you will visit us again in the future. If we can be of any service to you in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Malissa · Married on 08/25/2012

3.5

I used this vendor for my wedding host hotel - room block. Pre-planning and responsiveness the weekend of our room block was great. My one concern and complaint is that post the event weekend I have sent Grace a question about a card that was delivered to my room after we checked out and I still have not heard back regarding this matter. I even stopped into the hotel the week following and spoke with the Desk Manager and the Bell hop, who also took my information and let me know that Grace had reached out to them as well and promised that I would hear from someone. I still have not heard back and this has left me with an unprofessional view of the hotel. The Bell Hop/valet was absolutely wonderful for our guests during our stay however and that expereince was a high point. The follow up post our event weekend has been disappointing.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Keith · Married on 04/20/2009

Everything about the Amway was exceptional. The staff was great to work with and very responsive. The wedding was beautiful, and the best part was that they took care of eveything, so we were truly able to enjoy the day.

Sent on 05/23/2009

Brianne · Married on 02/21/2009

Grace was always very pleasant and helpful. Her service was always "top-notch" and she was flexible, all of which were greatly appreciated. The staff at the Amway the night of the wedding were all very kind and helpful. The whole experience at Amway helped to make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 02/27/2009

Chris · Married on 11/21/2008

3.0

This hotel is one of the nicest hotels near me. The hotels are very nice and we had an awesome view of the river. The service was awesome, the hotel had comfy beds. I would come back here in a heartbeat!

Consider this place!

Sent on 06/13/2010

Hayley · Married on 09/13/2008

4.2
      3.0

We stayed here for our wedding night. We also booked a block of rooms here for our guests. Everyone loved it and had a great time!

Sent on 10/05/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Hayley! We wish you the best of luck and please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can help you with in the future.