Amway Grand Plaza Hotel Reviews

115 | Grand Rapids, MI

115 Reviews for Amway Grand Plaza Hotel

Meghan · Married on 08/30/2008

Nothing but friendly, professional, caring service from booking the hotel blocks to our own stay. Absolutely a class act and worth every penny.

Sent on 09/11/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Meghan! I truly appreciate working with you and I hope that you'll visit us again soon. I wish you all the best!

Kathryn · Married on 07/26/2008

The Amway Grand was nothing but exceptional. Amy in catering was an absolute sweetheart and easy to work with. Grace was fabulous in reservations and dealt with my many questions. Dennis, the head server the night of the reception did nothing but charm my whole family and do an absolute amazing job. Everything was amazing!

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Kathryn! We really appreciate you taking the time to write on our behalf. I hope that you and William are doing well. We wish you all the best and please, please don't hesitate to call me if there's ever anything that I might be able to help you with.

Grace

Kimberly · Married on 07/26/2008

The Amway Grand Plaza is amazing.

Sent on 09/27/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Kim! We truly appreciate your continued support. We wish you the very best and hope to see you again very soon.

Giselle · Married on 12/31/2007

We had a small wedding with about 30 people in attendance. We booked rooms for our guests and a suite for ourselves at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel. We also held our wedding reception at Cygnus 27 in their private dinning room (located in the Amway). The service was fantastic--the only word that can sum up our experience with the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel is "perfect". I highly recommend the Amway.

Hi Giselle,
    Thank you so much for submitting a review on our behalf. We truly appreciate your continued support. We hope to see you and Anthony again soon. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can be of any assistance to you in the future.

• I

Isabelle · Married on 11/20/2007

This was the most beautiful venue i could have chosen for my wedding. The decorations were amazing and the food was exceptional. I could not have chosen a better place for my wedding.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Kate · Married on 10/06/2007

Everything about the Amway was exceptional. The staff was great to work with and very responsive. The wedding was beautiful, and the best part was that they took care of eveything, so we were truly able to enjoy the day.

Sent on 08/28/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that we were able to be a part of your very special day. Thank you for your continued support and we wish you all the best.

Charlotte · Married on 08/04/2007

The Amway Grand Plaza made our day so special and I would recommend them to anyone I know that is getting married

Charlotte,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our behalf. We truly appreciate your continued support. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again soon. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance to you in the future.

Serena · Married on 09/02/2006

I worked with Grace Kuklewski to setup overnight accommodations for out-of-town guests. We also had our honeymoon suite with them. They allowed us to check into the suite early so that I and all of my bridesmaids could use the room to get ready. We also used the room for our indoor portraits.

Grace has always been a phenomenal person to work with. Responds to your inquiries quickly and goes out of her way to help accommodate any and all needs you have! The rest of the staff that assisted us throughout the day were exceptional as well! They were able to get a steam machine to take out the wrinkles of my wedding dress. They were there and helped when we needed it most!

They truly helped make my day one to cherish forever!

Sent on 09/18/2008

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Serena! The Amway Grand Plaza and I truly appreciate your continued support. We wish you all the best and hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kate · Married on 08/26/2011

The Amway staff completely exceeded every expectation for the event. They were true partners in the event and did everything possible to make it spectacular. Exquisite food preparation and presentation. Quick, professional and friendly service. Totally flexible as last minute items were changed. We will always consider the Amway first for future events.

Sent on 10/13/2011

Julie · Married on 04/01/2011

THis is the best place to be at the people are friendly and it looks amazing.

Sent on 04/13/2011

Nathan · Married on 09/11/2010

We couldn't have asked for a better expererience at the Amway. Amy Dettweiler and Grace Hill were so easy to work with and made our lives so much easier during the planning process. Amy was quick to offer up suggestions and recommendations and also a great listener who went out of her way to make sure everything we asked for was done and perfect. Grace was very flexible and responsive in managing our room block and we were able to have rooms for every person that wanted to stay at the Amway, all at a great rate. She also helped us coordinate room gift bags, which went off without a hitch. We were in the Paintlind Ballroom, which was gorgeous, but also considered the Imperial Ballroom as well, which is equally amazing. We initially shied away from looking at hotel ballrooms because we wanted a unique site and not just a "space," but everything about the rooms at the Amway are unique, and we knew we had found our venue the minute we walked in. If you are getting married in Grand Rapids, it would be a mistake to not at least consider the Amway.

Sent on 12/29/2010

Amway Grand Plaza Hotel's reply:

Thank you Nate! We truly appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of the Hotel. If there's anything we can do for you in the future, please let us know.

All the best,
    Grace Hill

Tom · Married on 10/10/2009

The Amway Grand was fantastic. Both the Sales Manager and Catering Manager were incredibly helpful and easy to work with. It was probably the busiest week of the year (Amway Convention and Art Fair) for them but they handled our wedding like it was the only thing going on in GR.

Sent on 10/22/2009

Mandee · Married on 08/29/2009

Jennifer May and the staff at the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel were a pleasure to work with. This is the most elegant, classic, luxurious hotel in Grand Rapids and their service lived up to their appearance. My guests raved about the grand ballrooms and deluxe accomodations. We had our wedding in the GR Ford Ballroom, cocktails in the East Concourse, and reception in the Pantlind Ballroom. Their catering is excellent, their rates reasonable, and the staff is superb. If you want to be treated like royalty, this is the place to go.

Sent on 11/02/2009

Lisa · Married on 08/08/2009

I thought it would be difficult for the experience to get even better once we got to the hotel and began our stay. I was quite wrong. The rooms were gorgeous, the valet were fabulous, the food was incredible and my out of town guests were on cloud nine. Thank you to Grace and the entire Amway Team for making my wedding just as fabulous as I try to make my clients. I really can't thank you enough. As my family said as they were heading out of town "We surley will be back!" Kudos to you all ~ you all deserve a bonus! What I did not remember, they did and just did it so I could enjoy our time.

Sent on 05/20/2010

Sharon · Married on 04/18/2009

Accommodations for out of town guests were beyond expectations. A beautiful suite with attached rooms for family. The staff were ready to help in any way possible. Last minute changes were not a problem. The entire hotel is beautiful, immaculate, and an awesome decor.

Sent on 04/23/2009

Sandra · Married on 08/09/2008

Grace was very helpful with securing room reservations. Darrin arranged a wonderful post wedding brunch

Sandra,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. We truly appreciate your continued support and hope that you will visit us again soon. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance in the future.

All the best,

Leighan · Married on 06/04/2007

Good Food- little pricey

Sent on 02/20/2009
  • Keeley

Keeley · Married on 01/04/2020

Fabulous Venue!

We loved having our wedding here! Katie was so fun to work with and in the end made sure everything went perfectly. The food is incredible!!! Our cake was absolutely gorgeous and tasted amazing!

Sent on 01/26/2020

Sarah · Married on 05/10/2014

Our wedding the Amway turned out gorgeous and was so easy to plan! Would highly recommend the Amway and working with Lindsey and Grace :)

Sent on 05/21/2014

I received so many compliments about this venue from my guests. The employees were great to work with.

Sent on 07/29/2012
  • Kaiti

Kaiti · Married on 10/08/2011

The Amway is the ideal reception venue in Grand Rapids! It offers beautiful ballrooms, amazing food and beverages and a wonderful staff this is knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. All catering, beverages, cake are included in the wedding package you choose so know that before hand so that you are not dissapointed if you want to use an outside vendor for these things.

Sent on 11/01/2011

Liz · Married on 09/03/2011

The Amway Grand Plaza hotel is an absolute gem for a city the size of Grand Rapids. The hotel is both opulent and inviting at the same time. The staff is wonderful and so great to work with. They are flexible, efficient and really want to please. Our event was flawless, the food outstanding, and our guests had a wonderful time. Any request was honored with enthusiasm, no matter how late in the game we made it. I would highly recommend an event at this venue. I can't think of anything they could have done better!

Sent on 10/25/2011

Luke · Married on 08/08/2009

The Amway provided exceptional service for our wedding, including the preparation leading up to the event and especially the day of the event. We had zero complaints with the quality, responsiveness, professionalism and overall service by the Amway.

Sent on 08/26/2009

Megan · Married on 05/02/2009

The Amway and all of our contacts there, and their teams, made our Wedding Weekend an exceptional memory. Most importantly, our guests enjoyed everything from the accomodations to the amazing food and cake. A top notch affair. As the day drew closer, the Amway staff was extremely responsive. We had a few silly requests, out of the norm, and the answer was always 'yes', what a fun place to work with! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 05/05/2009

Colleen · Married on 04/25/2009

This is a truly amazing place to have your wedding reception. The atmosphere is beautiful, food and service are amazing. Also, very conveient to stay the night and have out of town guests stay right here. This is the best of the best!!!!!! We also had many out of town guests that were wowed by this place.

Sent on 04/27/2009