Amp'd Entertainment Reviews

427 Reviews for Amp'd Entertainment

• D'Anna

D'Anna · Married on 02/17/2019

Danced the night away!

Amp'd Entertainment and specifically, DJ Deitrich Armstrong were awesome! Music is such a critical element to any celebration or party and working with Amp'd and Deitrich made it so easy. From the beginning, they were able to help me stay on-budget and still give me all the elements from lighting to music for a great night. The planning tools are incredible and we had so much fun as a couple leading up to the wedding playing songs and making our requests. Deitrich was incredibly professional and sincere - he always made our calls so easy and he was super thorough regarding the timeline and requests.

On day of, Deitrich truly went above and beyond. I didn't spend a ton of time micro-managing his every move and he was able to anticipate needs and he took it upon himself to help coordinate details I didn't think of.

From the moment guests started gathering at the venue, he helped set the tone for the night. People were coming up to me and asking about the playlist and telling me the music was awesome. Once we officially opened the dance floor for the fun part, I literally never left it. Our guests had SO MUCH FUN. Deitrich was great about mixing up the music and moving on to songs he could tell the guests were responding to. There was literally never a dull moment. He hit on every emotion and it felt like I was connected to every guest through the music. For the last song, every guest was arm and arm with us dancing in the middle and me in tears. It truly felt like a scene from a movie. When the last song was announced, our guests literally cried out, no! We could have danced for several more hours because of his talents and the energy and emotion he helped provide. I am so grateful to Deitrich and the whole team at Amp'd!

Sent on 03/07/2019

Alicia Okafor · Married on 02/16/2019

Best. Night. Ever.

We met Brian and Amp'd Entertainment at the Bridal Extravaganza and instantly fell in love with their remix'd style. Brian was fantastic to work with leading up to the wedding and kept the dance floor full all night long with great mixes of new hits and classics. Our wedding guests said we had the best DJ and we couldn't agree more. Thanks Brian!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Robyn F · Married on 01/26/2019

The best!!!

Working with Hollan at Amp'd was so easy and enjoyable and he read our crowd perfectly with the music he played. Love all of the mash-ups and his ability to weave in a number of less popular songs that we put on our "must play" list. Can't wait for a reason to work with him again!

Sent on 02/21/2019
  • Jordana

Jordana Garcia · Married on 01/05/2019

Awesome DJ's that care about your musical taste!

DJ Hollon of Amp'd Entertainment killed it at our wedding. He was awesome! First he took the time to get to know us and figure out what kind of music we are into - not just for a party but in our lives and what kind of vibe we wanted for our wedding reception. He gave us great suggestions in general for our reception and we ended up doing exactly what he suggested for most of it. My husband and I are really into indie rock but we know that most of our guests are not so we were just going to go with hip-hop/ pop 'crowd pleasers' for our wedding but DJ Hollon told us he could work in what were were into and he did! It was amazing to hear QOTS, Weezer, the Ramones, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and some of our other favorites during our reception. And of course he used all the hip-hop/ dance crowd pleasers we wanted and remix'd them so they felt fresh and new and cool. There was never a lull on the dancefloor, it was awesome. DJ Hollon really knows how to get a party started and keep it going and he's also really, really nice. If we ever throw another party that requires a DJ we would for sure hire him and Amp'd again.

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 01/05/2019

Hands down amazing!

I can NOT stress how absolutely DJ Big H was at our wedding!!!! He was so engaged and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. Our guests gave him raving compliments. I can't imagine having anyone else!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Mitchell Mccall · Married on 12/30/2018

Simply the best!

The DJ makes or breaks the wedding reception, and DJ Bigg H with Amp'd Entertainment is simply the best. As a DJ myself, choosing a wedding DJ was my call - and I'm VERY picky. What's nice about Amp'd Entertainment is that they host FREE events where you can see/hear your DJ perform well before you make your choice... but guaranteed whomever you choose to do your Remix'd Wedding, it will be the best night of your life! We had in-depth discussions on song selections where he interjected his own ideas without being overbearing - he let us ultimately decide whilst simultaneously providing professional expertise and guidance in our choices. DJ Bigg H showed up early, setup both an outdoor ceremony setup and his indoor rig and had plenty of time to mic up our officiant. When we had questions about the weather and his ability to change setup location due to rain, he was flexible and professional. Did I mention he's a professional?

Seriously - don't skimp in this area of your wedding budget... SPLURGE. People might remember what the side item or what flavor your cake was - chances are they won't... but they will CERTAINLY remember the DJ (for better or worse)! Make the right choice - hire Amp'd Entertainment. They know what they're doing and how to throw a party.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Amand · Married on 12/01/2018

Hollon; 12/1/18 Georgian Terrace Wedding

Hollon was the BEST! He rocked our wedding, made us feel comfortable and could ask questions at any time. We are so happy to have danced the night away with him!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Steve Feldman · Married on 11/24/2018

Very good! We recommend

Hollon aka Big H is the man. Great communication, great value. EVERYBODY danced.

Sent on 06/18/2020

Ami Dand · Married on 11/11/2018

You won’t be disappointed!

Hollon/amp’d entertainment made my wedding a dream come true! Hollon worked with my husband and I, and when I say Worked with, I really mean did all the work. I was so busy doing everything else that I really left Music up to the last minute, but with as minimal direction as I gave, our ‘love’ soundtrack matched us perfectly. Hollon spends a lot of time getting to know his clients, and personalizing music to them. From playing oldies, to classical pop to star wars to Hindi songs, he made it all happen. Everyone had a blast at the wedding and danced until the very end. Thank you Hollon, for making our day one we will remember for the rest of our lives!

Sent on 12/03/2018
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Wedding DJ!

We absolutely loved working with Ricardo Spicer at Amp'd Entertainment for our wedding! He took a lot of time to prepare with us leading up to the event and kept the party going all night! We had a great time and our guests were dancing all night. We loved how the night went and couldn't have asked for a better wedding DJ experience. Thank you SO MUCH!!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Amp'd Entertainment's reply:

Lizzie! Thank you so much for the phenomenal review. I am so glad that you enjoyed my performance and execution. You and Preston are a great couple! Cheers! - Ricardo

Danielle Vansickle · Married on 11/10/2018

You won’t regret it!

Hollon did an amazing job and exceeded my expectations. Everyone had a great time. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Kristin Hall · Married on 11/09/2018

DJ Ricardo was wonderful!

DJ Ricardo helped make our school fundraiser a huge success! He worked wonderfully with our emcee for the night, and everyone had a great time. He knew just the right music to play and when- would absolutely hire him again!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Amp'd Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review. I had an incredible time performing at your event. I look forward to working with the great parents of Heards Ferry again. Cheers!
  • Nathalie

Nathalie Espinol · Married on 11/03/2018

Made our reception a BLAST!

Brian has DJ'ed not just our wedding, but four of our friends' weddings - he is THAT good! He does an incredible job of tailoring his set to the tastes of the bride and groom and to the crowd, keeping everyone dancing all night! At one point, our main dance floor lost power, so instead of calling it a night, Brian hustled and moved to another area of the venue so we could keep the party going. We really appreciated how he went above and beyond for us and our guests! Would highly recommend to anyone who is looking for a less traditional (i.e. NOT CHEESY) wedding DJ!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 10/27/2018

Hollon is perfect for the misfits too!

Hollon was absolutely amazing! As a couple that was a little offbeat and didn't really want a lot of "typical" music, Hollon rocked it with his variety of tunes that pleased both us and the crowd. I had many people inquire about him after our wedding, as well as, wanting the playlist from our reception (and ceremony even). He's great about communicating prior to the event and goes out of his way to make sure he is going to achieve the vibe you are looking for. My husband was bummed after it was all over and said we need to have another event at some point just to get Hollon to play music for us again!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Sasha · Married on 10/27/2018

So lucky to have been referred amp’d Entertainment

Ricardo with Amp’d entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding . We could
    Not have picked a better dj!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Christine · Married on 10/13/2018

BEST DJ in town

We worked with Hollon (DJ Bigg H) for our wedding music, but he was so much more than just a DJ. From the minute we reached out to Hollon, he was incredible. Amp’d Entertainment puts on events with other wedding vendors from time to time so we were able to go see/listen to Hollon before we booked him which I loved instead of blindly booking someone. After booking, the planning process was made simple with their online planner with their endless music selection. Then even during our planning process when the timeline was sent out to all of the vendors, he politely suggested a different order of events that made more sense for the first dances, cake cutting etc. to make sure things ran more smoothly. During the actual wedding, I don’t think the dance floor was ever empty. Let’s just say he always exceeded our expectations. You won’t regret booking this company, especially Hollon!

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney Heba · Married on 10/06/2018

Amp'd and Ricardo are the Best!

I highly recommend Amp'd and specifically Ricardo! I love that Amp'd specializes in fast remixes and does not just play songs...they actually mix the music. The difference between Ricardo at Amp'd and other DJ's is night and day. He met with us several times before the wedding to ensure he had everything right. He is also extremely responsive by email. My wedding planners were very impressed. Amp'd also uses Spotify as a platform, which makes it very easy to create a wedding playlist. The DJ was the highlight of the wedding and his mixes were perfect. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Leah

Leah Tran · Married on 10/06/2018

Loved Amp'd for My Wedding

We loved Brian Sires from Amp'd Entertainment! Not only was he professional and prompt to answer all our questions from the very get-go, but he even suggested a reversal of playlists that ended up being much more appropriate for our cocktail hour and dinner segments (so appreciated!). As the partner originally from Atlanta, I had a very specific type of music I wanted (lots of Outkast, rap, bluesy songs). I wanted a DJ that got the vision and loved the genres as well. Brian went far and beyond to give us what we wanted PLUS add songs I didn't even think of. My guests and I danced all night and had the best time!

Another reason why we loved Amp'd so much was their Photobooth selection. We rented one that fit the theme of our venue (it was wood and looked kind of industrial)--it was perfect. And the PROPS included were so great. I wish I could've kept them all: Andre 3000, Snoop, I Heart ATL, etc... the best props I've ever seen at a wedding.

All in all, I would hire these guys again for any future events. They are so great at what they do!

Sent on 10/19/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 10/06/2018

Remix'd wedding!!

I discovered Amp’d Entertainment at an expo and was pleased to learn they were amongst our venue’s list of preferred vendors. After meeting with Mike, it was clear they were our top choice for entertainment. Amp’d Entertainment is all about customer service and provides a top-notch experience to meet your personal taste! I spoke with Mike many times through planning and was 100% confident he understood our vision. On the day of our wedding he executed playlists flawlessly and his experience allowed him to play exactly what our crowd needed! Their online planning tool made selections a breeze and allowed us to worry about one less thing. Mike accepted requests and was our announcer all night with high energy and enthusiasm. Music transitions were expertly mixed which gives a unique result most people have never heard. The dance floor stayed packed and I highly recommend Amp’d to any couple looking to elevate your night.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Amp'd Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Caitlin! You all were a blast to work with and I had a blast too. We appreciate that you trusted us with your big night!

Jason H · Married on 10/06/2018

Blues, Jazz, and Hip Hop = Awesome

My wife and I are based out of town, in Brooklyn NY, and got married in Atlanta. Finding the right music to fit our tastes was something we were dreading - until we met Brian at Amp'd. From our first sit down, he got us, and the exact vibe that we wanted. Brian was fantastic to work with, super professional and superbly talented. We've had so many compliments on our music. It was great to have Brian be a part of our day. I would recommend to anybody!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Shireen · Married on 09/29/2018

Hollon is the best! He is a friend of ours so we knew he would be an awesome DJ but he exceeded expectations. He was so easy to work with and although we waited until the last minute to make song selections, he was able to put together the perfect playlist. He was also great at being the MC for the night and had great energy. Our guests loved him and the music. The photo booth was a big hit too. If you want to work with a friendly and committed team then Amp'd is the way to go. We cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Kellee · Married on 09/23/2018

Brian was amazing. He was easy to talk to and get my musical tastes across with little effort. He played a great mix , kept everyone dancing and my sister in law asked for his information so she could book him for her company events!! We had a fantastic time.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Kendall · Married on 09/22/2018

We had such an amazing time, Ricardo with Amp'd Entertainment was absolutely amazing! There photo booth was a HUGE hit at our wedding!!!!!! Thank you so much for your services!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Stacy · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely The Best entertainment for our wedding! From the DJ to the Photo Booth they were the best! I highly recommended them for your wedding!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Bryan · Married on 09/08/2018

Ricardo was a true professional. When we initially spoke on the phone, we immediately hit it off. I interviewed other DJ's who had similar pricing, but what set Amp'd apart for me was: 1) Ricardo said he would personally be our DJ, another popular DJ service was just going to fill in with someone I had not actually spoken to and 2) Ricardo said they would mix the songs together. This kept it fresh on the dance floor and I know it takes some talent to do this. He really knows his music. In addition to the ceremony, cocktail hour, and dinner music, I gave him 3.5 hours (!) of music for a 2 hour set after dinner and heard most of the songs, plus he snuck a couple of good ones in-between as well. Got multiple compliments on the music.

Sent on 09/27/2018