Amp Event Professionals Reviews

223 | Arlington Heights, IL

223 Reviews for Amp Event Professionals

Melanie · Married on 06/06/2015

Ken DJ'd our wedding and he was beyond excellent! He was professional, fun, and very responsive to the event we wanted to host. He helped us put together a wonderful playlist that people are still talking about. His website is very easy, but he was also available to answer questions. Our wedding wasn't so traditional, and he was so open to our suggestions and came up with ways to make the event even better than we had hoped. Ken added to the event by picking up the spirit of the evening and adding to it by reading the crowd and responding incredibly well. He has a TON of songs and we challenged ourselved to come up with some he didn't have when we were adding to the playlist. We were quite proud of ourselves when we came up with a new one!! I can't say enough good things about how great Ken is to work with and how much he added to the evening!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Cora · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I were not only the first of our friends to get married but we planned our wedding from out of state so we heavily relied on reviews from various websites when choosing our vendors. Their reviews speak for themselves. They were an awesome vendor. We did one of their packages that included uplighting, DJ, and photobooth. Everything was perfect. The night went so smoothly. Ken was great and super attentive! He made sure everything was done on schedule. Our guests loved the music so much that we even tried to get him to DJ longer. The photobooth was a huge hit! The uplighting was perfect! Everything was perfect! Ken was awesome to work with. He really knows what he is doing and is very professional. I would highly recommend them and all their services.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Joe · Married on 05/17/2015

Ken was great through the entire process. Very professional, on time, great with our guests! Highly recommend him for ANY event!!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Debra · Married on 05/02/2015

Ken gave us a great package pricing for a photobooth, uplights, and dancelights. We were very satisfied with the lights, the setup and the service. Ken was easy to work with and very accessible via email. Everything was setup and packed up on schedule. We decided on a photobooth rental was somewhat of an afterthought for our wedding, but it was popular with our guests and gave us a lot of additional photos we are happy to have. Also, our photobooth attendant, Alex was very sweet and incredibly patient with our younger guests. Very happy we found AMP DJ Services. I highly recommend them if you're in need of event services.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Lizzy · Married on 01/24/2015

I know my dad wanted the day to be perfect and may have given Ken a lot of directives that day. Ken was easy going with all that my father may have told him. I also was so impressed by the way Ken approached the confusion of your official end time. He was so professional and handled it with grace. I appreciated how organized he was when the event started, specifically how he were careful to line up everyone so well for the introductions, waiting for my sister's kids and the rest of the party to show up before he introduced everyone. I also heard that he screened a request from one of my guests, and in turn gave that guest an alternative option by the same artist but that was a bit better for our crowd. That shows me such care and understanding of his audience and I greatly appreciated it. She was not bothered at all that he gently dissuaded her, and appreciated the other option. Ken is an excellent DJ and I'll send his name to anyone I can!!

Sent on 02/19/2015

Jessica · Married on 11/15/2014

Ken was an amazing DJ. He was easy to work with before the wedding, and our wedding guests had nothing but positive things to say about his performance at the reception. He kept people dancing all night long and everyone had a great time!

Sent on 11/22/2014
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 11/01/2014

After performing extensive research, my husband and I chose Ken from AMP DJ Services as our wedding DJ and we could not have been happier. Working with Ken was incredible from day 1. We live quite far out in the Western suburbs but Ken insisted on driving to us for our initial consultation. At the consultation we told him our vision and negotiated on pricing. Ken wound up being the most affordable AND our favorite DJ. We booked his club lights package with a monogram for the dance floor. Our number 1 pet peeve is DJs who are constantly on the mic...and Ken agreed! As two 25 year olds getting married, we had quite a few 20 somethings on the guest list, but we still needed to make our older family members comfortable. So we told Ken we wanted a classy dinner but a hot nightclub late night. Ken was completely on board.

On the night of the wedding, Ken hit it out of the park. EVERYONE young and old raved about how awesome he was and how great the lighting looked. He got all names/scheduling correct, was on the mic only when necessary (and when he was, he was great), and had the dance floor jammed the whole night. It was a dream come true for us. We got a ton of "best wedding ever" comments and Ken was a huge part of that. Ken is a true DJ...he doesn't just put on a playlist all night. He started mixing around 10 or 10:30 and you would have thought you were in downtown nightclub. He has incredible talent.

We seriously cannot rave about Ken enough. Booking him was easily one of the top 3 decisions we made in the entire 18 month wedding process (and we had a very elaborate wedding!). We recommend him 110%.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thank you so much for the well written review! It was a pleasure working with you two throughout the process. I'm glad I was of help to you and made your day one for you and your guests to remember!

Natalie · Married on 10/11/2014

We used AMP Dj services for our dj, lighting, draping, and the photo booth. Ken was so easy to work with and very responsive to all of our questions. The room looked amazing and the draping was a perfect extra touch to make the room even better. It was so nice to have all of these services for all one vendor and really helped on affordability. People complimented us on our music and our dance floor was never empty! Highly recommend there services.

Sent on 11/09/2014

james · Married on 10/04/2014

Amp dj did an astounding job for our wedding. Very professional and creative. On time and a huge help with organizing the reception. Would recommend to anyone!!!!

Katerina · Married on 09/27/2014

Ken was absolutely amazing to work with! From out very first meeting with him, my husband and I knew he was the one we wanted to work with. He was very professional but laid back and easy to talk to. He made the venue gorgeous with his uplighting and lighted dj booth. Ken was very attentive the entire night and made sure we were kept n the loop all night regarding the timeline and things we had to do. He kept the night rolling with great music and everyone had a blast! We would highly recommend Ken, especially for the amazing price!

Jeanette · Married on 09/20/2014

Ryan was great! He was beyond professional at our very high end reception. He knew exactly when to address the crowd. Once the dancing started Ryan made sure it didn't stop until the very end.

would recommend to everyone! He even wore a tie that matched our teal color!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Lucy · Married on 09/20/2014

I started planning our wedding in Colorado, so finding any vendor was difficult. I was really big on reviews and their websites. AMP DJ was awesome from the first email. I went with the dj service as well as the photo booth. Ken was very professional in the emails and when we actually did meet to talk about lighting and songs and such, it was like he was in my head. He knew exactly what I wanted. His brother ran the photo booth (he was awesome) and that was a hit with the guest! The special day came and I couldn't have asked for anything else! My family and friends had a blast! My mother in-law wanted to hire him to come to Colorado. Everyone as well as I, had an AWESOME time. He even danced with us for a song, it was great! The key to getting a good vendor is to let them do their job. that's what you're hiring them for, right? Good Luck! And hire them for your event!

Sent on 11/17/2014

I cannot say enough good things about AMP. Ken, the owner, was quick to respond to my initial email. He addressed my needs and concerns, and provided me with a very affordable quote. Their website allows you to request songs by priority, or ban certain songs should you choose! This helped cut down on a lot of the common back-and-forth with the vendor and difficulties with communication that can happen.
    Our reception music was exactly what we requested, and he did a great job gauging the audience and keeping with the mood. Ours was a family affair, and he made sure everything played was appropriate for all ages. Overall, fantastic value and service. I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Alix · Married on 09/13/2014

I would recommend Amp DJ to any wedding. He was able to be at my outdoor ceremony and make it so romantic then pack all up and move to my indoor reception. They way he kept everyone on the dance floor from 8pm-12am was amazing. He knew what music to play for all the different age groups and still keep it up beat. The lighting that they did filled the room and made it so romantic. Also the photo booth was a HUGE hit my husband and I have 2 tall stacks of pictures (they're great quality). The next day 9/10 of the quest we saw said "I'm having a hard time walking from dancing last night!"
    THANK YOU FOR HELPING MAKE MY WEDDONG DAY A DREAM COME TRUE!
    -Alix (Bride)

Sent on 10/30/2014

Ryan · Married on 09/13/2014

My wife and I were referred to AMP DJ Services by a friend of ours and they were fantastic! We lived a little further away from them and Ken (Owner) and Ryan (Co-Owner) agreed to meet my wife and I about half way. We were amazed at the services they offered and the price they were offering them at. Both Ken and Ryan were extremely nice and understanding and were very interested in making the songs at our wedding what we wanted as a couple and matching our styles as opposed to just playing the traditional over-used wedding songs. My mother and I decided to do a bunch of songs mixed together for our Mother/Son dance and Ken & Ryan were more than happy to make the mix for us. Ken was also extremely patient as we tweaked and altered the song numerous times. On our wedding day we could not have been happier with how they set everything up and how well they controlled the room. Ryan was our DJ and he was fantastic! He was very energetic and upbeat and did an amazing job reading the crowd to play music that would keep everyone dancing. Our dance floor was packed from the very first song to the very last one (and Ryan even threw in an encore song at the request of our guests). My wife and I were extremely impressed with the professionalism and the experience that both Ken and Ryan brought to the table. AMP DJ Services was definitely the right choice and if we had to do it all over again we would book them without any hesitation. Thank you so much to AMP DJ Services, you definitely made our night one to remember.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Lindsay · Married on 09/06/2014

We hired AMP DJ for our wedding along with the photo booth. Ken was so helpful and quick to respond during the entire process. I asked a lot of questions, emails and calls and he was always patient in answering! It was very reassuring. During the wedding, Ken played all types of music to get the crowd going. As difficult as it was to get them to dance, Ken did an amazing job finding the right tunes =) I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/18/2014

Nick · Married on 09/05/2014

Ken was our DJ and we were beyond impressed with the job he did. From when we first met him to discuss our needs/wants, to the actual wedding, he lived up to all our expectations. He is extremely professional and knows how to DJ an event and keep things moving smoothly. After the wedding we got so much positive feedback about our DJ and how he kept the dance floor moving all night with good music. That was one thing that was important to us and he delivered as promised. I truly believe a wedding DJ can make or break a reception, and I would refer him to anyone looking for a reasonably priced DJ. He also did our ceremony and made sure everything went perfect, its almost like having an extra wedding coordinator. I would highly recommend AMP DJ Services and Ken Murphy to do your event.

Sent on 11/03/2014

valentina · Married on 08/31/2014

We worked with Ken and he was awesome! Allow yourself plenty of time to book because he does fill up fast on dates. If you can't get on the phone to follow up or get more info for your event don't fret..Ken is always available by email. He is extremely flexible..and he is very willing to work around your wants and desires. Our wedding went very smoothly..from the ceremony to cocktail hour..to the reception..everything was done on time. Bottom line..they are the best.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Emily · Married on 08/30/2014

Amp DJ services DJed our labor day wedding. Ken and his team were professional, flexible and quick to respond to our every need. Before the wedding Ken drove all the way to Zion to go over every detail and check the lighting of our venue with the uplights we ordered. He was able to do a mash up for my father/ daughter dance and gave me a copy prior so we could practice. He responded so quickly to my e-mails (even on his own wedding weekend)! During our big day, we had some mishaps with the venue and Ken was so flexible and actually helped us get through our reception without anyone noticing. I would recommend Ken to anyone looking for a great DJ for any event!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Joseph · Married on 08/29/2014

Ken Murphy was our DJ and was awesome!!! Everyone had a great time.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Christopher · Married on 08/16/2014

Ken went above and beyond the requirements of his contract by far. He was an amazing DJ, provided a great photo booth (manned), and did his job perfectly as requested. To go beyond that, though, we had electrical issues with the caterer, and they were popping breakers due to putting large draw devices all on one circuit. Ken assisted with resetting breakers, having the caterer move devices across multiple electrical lines, assisted with flashlights and lighting for the catering when they blew a bulb, put up-lighting in the tent to give more ambiance and visibility, and generally took care of making sure our day was as perfect as could be. Thanks!!!

kc · Married on 08/15/2014

My husband and I are very happy that we hired Ken to preform at our wedding. Ken was very professional, polite, and informative when we met with him. He described the different packages and prices that AMP Dj service provided. He also worked with us to pick out good music to play during cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. If we had any questions or concerns we would call or e-mail him, and he always replied in a timely manner. We highly recommend working with Amp DJ service for your next event. Ken had everyone, even my grandparents, on the dance floor from the beginning to the end! Best DJ ever!!!!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Meaghan · Married on 07/24/2014

Ken is an absolutely incredible person who made our wedding completely flawless. He is extremely dependable and answered all of questions at a moments notice. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone that I know because he is such an outstanding DJ and his work ethic went beyond my expectations!

Thank you Ken!!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 07/03/2014

Ken was fantastic to work with. We were nervous because we had a very small wedding (under 40 guests) in a unique space and the energy was terrific all night long. Ken kept things moving and was terrific to work with. We were very, very happy with everything.

Sent on 08/26/2014

Jenny · Married on 06/28/2014

We had Ken as our DJ at our wedding and he was the best! He was very professional, read the crowd and knew exactly what to play when. The dance floor was packed all night! Ken was flexible and very understanding with music requests. He did an excellent job and he made the night very special. I knew there was nothing to worry about as long as Ken was in control- he always kept me aware of what was about to happen, so I was prepared. We also ordered the dance floor photo booth from them and the guests LOVED it! Even weeks after the wedding I had guests telling me how professional and fun Ken was. I really cannot say enough good things about Ken and his services... So extremely pleased and I would definitely recommend Ken and AMP DJs to anyone looking for a great DJ! Thanks Ken!

Sent on 08/01/2014