Amp Event Professionals Reviews

223 | Arlington Heights, IL

223 Reviews for Amp Event Professionals

• Kim

Kim · Married on 09/09/2017

Ken Murphy and AMP DJ Services were PHENOMENAL! Ken is extremely professional and completely on top of his game. He was with my husband and I every step of the way as we made decisions and was always available to answer our questions. Our wedding was a BLAST! He is hands down the best DJ. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night and all of our guests have told us how amazing he was and how much fun they had. We had so many guests stay until the very end! Our last song of the night was our first dance song and he mixed it with part of our vows and our matron of honor/best man's speeches. We were completely shocked! We had all of our guests on the dance floor, watching us dance to this original mix of our first dance song. He sent us a copy of it and we will cherish it forever. We also wanted to get pictures with all of our guests at their tables but didn't want it to cut into dinner too much. Ken turned it into a game and got all of our guests involved to help us get through table pictures in one song. We literally ran table to table but it was SO much fun and all of our guests loved it!! It was such a creative idea and everyone thought it was genius!! And we got our table shots and got to eat dinner :)

We also got the photobooth, which we loved. Our guests got one copy of the pictures and then they printed another copy to put in a book we bought and everyone could sign in the book by the picture. Mike did an amazing job and our guests all had a blast taking pictures!

I can't say enough wonderful things about Ken and AMP DJ Services . We can't thank him enough for making our wedding everything we hoped it would be. The one thing I wanted most out of my wedding was for our guests to dance and have fun all night and they definitely did! I recommend Ken to anyone who is getting married. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Kelly · Married on 08/19/2017

Hiring AMP DJ was one of the best decisions I made in the wedding planning process!! Ken was SO awesome to work with from the very start. The day of, he was professional and fun and made sure everything ran smoothly. I can't even tell you how many people came up to me during and after the wedding saying "that was the best DJ I've ever seen/heard!" And I totally agree. I've never seen a wedding DJ like Ken before! His MC'ing and music was incredible! The dance floor was packed from the first song to the last song - I didn't even want to leave to get a drink! I would HIGHLY suggest Ken to any bride!!!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Justin · Married on 07/22/2017

Ken Murphy and AMP DJ Services completely blew it out of the water! We hired Ken for our wedding back in July and working with him on setting up all the specifics was really simple and well thought out. He has a website that you can use to set up your timeline for the evening which was very helpful. He even worked with our photographers to collaborate during the event. The entertain he provided for us and our guests was nothing short of incredible. He worked well with family members to set up special dance songs which helped give our day an extra special touch. The lighting was beyond what we had anticipated with uplights around the whole room and the dance floor light up all night long like a real dance club! He also provided services for a photobooth which our guests really enjoyed, we ended up 290 pictures just from that alone! He also has the ability to display a personalized logo on the wall or dance floor which was really cool. If you are considering hiring him for your next big event just stop what you are doing and call him now! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Emily · Married on 07/15/2017

We cannot begin to express how pleased we were with AMP DJ services. They were by far our easiest vendor to work with. Ken, the owner, was very quick to respond with any question that we had. Ryan was the DJ at our wedding. Ryan coordinated everything so smoothly with our wedding party and other vendors. His friendly demeanor and willingness to accommodate our wishes put us at ease the entire day. The dance floor was packed all night and we have heard so many compliments about how great the music was the entire night. He did such a lovely job incorporating our music taste during cocktail hour and dinner, and making sure to play our requests during the dancing. We also LOVE the MP3 Ryan put together! It was so special and unexpected, we have already listened to it multiple times. We have already recommended their services to friends.

Sent on 01/28/2018

Patrick · Married on 07/08/2017

My Wife and I have nothing but great things to say about AMP. Our communication from day one was prompt and detailed. Then we met Ken in person and he laid it all out for us, it was clean and professional. The online database was where we were able to add songs to various playlists. We also gave Ryan, our DJ, freedom (with a little guidance) to come up with a dinner playlist in the genre of 70's 80's rock music.. and he knocked it out of the park. I cannot say enough about both Ken and Ryan. Ryan was a breath of fresh air the day of our wedding and we appreciated that! Ultimate pro. He stuck to our guidelines of songs for certain times of the night and then mixed in other music based on the dance floor. Not only was he in charge of making sure the dance floor was moving but he did music and microphones for our ceremony, cocktail hour music & transitioned from speech to speech, cake cutting, etc. throughout the ceremony. We had nothing but compliments on our DJ services from our guests - I think that says enough! AWESOME, 5 STAR, RECOMMEND WITHOUT HESITATION

Sent on 10/12/2017

Megan · Married on 06/23/2017

Ken was simply amazing! After the first encounter with him we knew right away that he was the perfect guy for the job. Very professional from start to finish. Because of him and his team everything went smooth and our wedding day was everything we dreamt of and more! If we could give him 100 stars we would!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Cassi · Married on 06/17/2017

So impressed with this company! Very helpful and professional! Our guests are still talking about how great the DJ was!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Robbin · Married on 06/17/2017

There are not enough words for my husband and I to describe, just how happy and pleased we were and still are with Ken and AMP DJ Services. Ken was recommended to us by mutual friends who had him DJ their wedding two years ago. Lucky for my husband and I, we were a part of that wedding, so we were able to experience Ken DJing for the first time. My then fiance and I both looked at one another and said at the same time, "we have to have Ken DJ our wedding!"
    Our wedding was June 17, 2017, and not only my husband and I, but my family and other family/friends are still talking about the wedding and the "amazing DJ."
    Ken was very informative, professional, communicative, as well as patient and very caring, since the first time we met with him to start our entertainment wedding plans. Through out the months Ken worked with us, sent us reminder Emails, answered questions, etc. up until the day before the wedding. On the day our wedding, Ken looked great, very professional! His set up for his equipment was very classy and clean looking. The up lighting was beautiful and the photo booth was a big hit for our guests!
    Through out the reception, Ken stayed very informative of the happenings of the reception. He also made it a point to check on Joe and I together and when we were apart, just to make sure everything was okay, and if we needed anything of him. Ken is personable, kind, patient, caring, professional, and fun! He really knows how to keep everyone happy and moving.
    June 17th is a day that my husband and I will always remember, treasure and cherish. We had so much fun and truly enjoyed having our closest family and friends celebrating our new life together, and we felt honored to have Ken there to, providing great music to go along with our special night!
    Ken is a wonderful DJ and anyone would be lucky to have him as their DJ at their wedding/special event!

Thank you Ken for everything!

Love,
    Robbin and Joe Speckman

Sent on 07/03/2017

Kevin and Ashley · Married on 06/16/2017

Our experience with Ken at AMP was nothing short or amazing. Pricing reflects the type of experience you are looking for. Trust me it's worth every penny. He was very helpful and attentive in our meeting to help us personalize our package and when it came to the big day his set up was great and his staff was awesome! We did play the newly wed game which was a ton of fun for our guests. The photo booth was great as well. We have since so many compliments so far on our reception and I have Ken to thank for that! We definitely recommend Ken and his team to all of our friends and family for an event. Thank you Ken!

Sent on 07/26/2017
  • Christopher

Christopher · Married on 06/11/2017

Everything was perfect. Loved the dedication from Joe, and all the songs you played were perfect. Loved the First Dance overlay. Thanks a lot Ken :-)

Sent on 06/18/2017
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 06/10/2017

Ken was amazing! He matched my colors perfectly and used uplighting to make the room really light up! He was so easy to work with and very flexible when I changed my mind a million times. We wanted to have a photo montage and he brought a projector screen and made that happen! Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and we are still getting compliments on how great the DJ was. He made our wedding fun for our guests by having us play a fun newlywed game, making custom song mixes for our special dances, and keeping the dance floor filled the entire night! We couldn't have picked a better DJ!!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Barbara · Married on 06/03/2017

Ken was incredible. The dance floor was full all night long with all age groups. It has been 3 weeks since our daughter's wedding and friends are still calling us telling us what a blast they had and how great Ken was. We owe a huge thank you to Ken for making our daughter's wedding day a memory that will be talked about for years to come.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Stephanie · Married on 05/06/2017

To say that my wedding was amazing would be an understatement. Ken knew exactly how to keep the dance floor rocking, and it was filled 100% the entire night! He even took the time to create a remix of our first dance song that included snippets of our ceremony, best man/maid of honor speeches, and our thank you to our guest. It was the greatest surprise to listen to all our special moments from the night, and he even sent us a copy of it! I would recommend Ken & the rest of his crew anyday!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Susan · Married on 05/06/2017

If you want a rocking good time , where everyone is on the dance floor the whole time, then you need Ken Murphy. My feet are still sore today but people haven't stopped talking about what an awesome good time they had. Ken knew exactly how to play the crowd, so everyone had the time of their life. My daughter, Stephanie & her new husband Shane Andersen had the best celebration of their new life together and this event will be talked about for years. Ken - you were awesome!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Nicole · Married on 03/18/2017

Ken and his team were GREAT! We live in Mississippi. We communicated a lot via emails and phone calls. I am deaf- he provided a subwoofer. It was great! The lights were great! Really, everything was great. He brought all of our guests to dance all night long! I LOVE it. You won't regret it when you hire him! I promise!

Sent on 03/21/2017

kacie · Married on 10/15/2016

Ken from AMP DJ services was amazing! We hired him for our wedding and he made sure everything was going well periodically throughout the evening. The ceremony music was perfect. If he had any questions he asked them in the least intrusive way possible. He was following our timeline, but asked if we were ready for all of the events (i.e.: newly wed game, first dances, etc.) instead of telling us it was time to do them. He ran through the lineup multiple times to make sure he had everyone in the right order and was pronouncing their names correctly. He even gave us (the bridge a groom) gum for after dinner! He definitely kept the croud on the dance floor and the guests loved the newly wed game! We would recommend Ken to anyone for any event!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Eric · Married on 10/08/2016

Ken did an amazing job at our wedding! He kept the dance floor going all night and it was always packed! He played a great mix of music to entertain everyone there. Everything was on time and perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better experience! Just wanted to say thank you again for everything!

Sent on 11/05/2016

Catherine · Married on 10/07/2016

Ken, the owner, provided music at both my ceremony and reception at Makray Memorial Golf Club and did an outstanding job! He had a wide variety of music to pick from, and his online music database was very convenient and easy to use. I loved that he had songs by Vitamin String Quartet! He had great suggestions for songs for various parts of the reception, such as during the cake-cutting. Everyone was on the dance floor the entire night, and so many of my guests complimented him, saying he was the best DJ they had ever seen at a wedding. I was really happy that I picked him to DJ my wedding!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Janice · Married on 10/01/2016

Ken was one of our favorite vendors. The first day we met with him we knew he was going to help make our day that much more special. He was quick to respond to all of our inquiries and could not have been more accommodating. We had rain off and on during our wedding day, but Ken was able to easily roll with the changes we had to make as the weather changed. We don't know what we would have done without him that day as he was amazing at taking charge and making sure everything happened when/as we wanted it.
    All of our guests were super impressed by his music choices, as were we, and he dealt with extra requests very professionally. Ken is someone we will definitely work with again as needs arise in the future.

Thank you again, Ken!

Sent on 10/09/2016

We could not recommend Ken and AMP DJ any higher! He is nothing but professional and made our wedding a night to remember. He worked with us every step of the way and made the process of finding/hiring a DJ a breeze. Music is a big deal to my husband and me, and we were not disappointed. Ken kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night, all the way to the end and we heard nothing but compliments about the music. We also used the photobooth service and it was a hit. Thank you, Ken and AMP DJ!!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Devin · Married on 09/10/2016

Ryan DJ'd my wedding earlier this month and we had a rocking party! Him and Ken were supper helpful during event planning, and everything went perfectly! I would definitely hire them for a future event.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Tommy · Married on 09/10/2016

We got married back in September and throughout the entire planning process I was most concerned of the music. I always think it's the most critical and impactful part of a wedding, but that is just me. I must say, that Ken absolutely rocked the place and expectations were exceeded in every way. I still have people talking about how much fun and energy the dance floor had. While we hand picked the ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner we did give him "recommendations" for the dance party but also free reign to work ad feed off the crowd and we are so glad we did! I am a big music guy but not as much of a dance and current music guy so why not leave it up the professional, and Ken is just that. I didn't want a push-button DJ, someone who could blend and fade accordingly. His prices are fair and his package deal included lighting, DJ booth and all that which was a nice one stop shop. In fact he did so well, my cousin called me for his info and he is now doing her wedding. High expectations and anticipation for that and I know he will deliver. Thanks Ken for making my wedding such a success!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/19/2016

As personal friends of Ken's and clients of AMP DJ Services, there is no other DJ we would recommend to others looking for high quality, professional, and innovative services. Prior to our wedding, we attended four others (out of at least ten weddings) that Ken or another member of his AMP DJ Services team supported. In our experience as wedding guests, we noted that Ken's professional, polished, and energetic presence as master of ceremony stands out and engages wedding attendees compared to others we had seen. So naturally, when it came time to book a DJ for our own wedding there was no contest.

As clients, our experience with his business exceeded our already high expectations. Ken demonstrated professionalism from day one (despite our personal relationship) by explaining the different options that he offers in terms of packages, services (i.e. lighting and photo booth), anticipated wedding timeline/components (e.g. traditional dances, bouquet toss, newlywed game, etc), and inquired about special or culturally significant music. We appreciated Ken's attention to detail, expertise, and flexibility. Ken consulted on areas we were unsure about such as selecting a meaningful last dance song, he provided support and peace of mind regarding a slideshow shown at our wedding, and he worked well with our other vendors. We also enjoyed the opportunity to use his online client login to plan our day. Ken incorporated the "must play" and some of our "play if possible" songs as well as read the crowd to reach the music preferences represented at our wedding. We received many compliments from our guests on his music selection as well as the surprise touches that he incorporated into the wedding day.

Clearly, we cannot say enough good things about our experience working with Ken and AMP DJ Services and the feedback we received from our guests confirms our thoughts about his superior ability as a true master of ceremony.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Nicole · Married on 08/12/2016

Ken was great to work with. Had the crowd dancing all night! He even let my 6 year old nephew put the headphones on and "spin". Which meant the world to him. I highly recommend Amp DJ.

Sent on 08/13/2016

Mickey · Married on 08/12/2016

Ken and Ryan were absolutely amazing. From the first meeting to the big day! All of our guests commented on the great music and that was all we wanted! We told Ryan from the beginning that the most important thing to us was having a good variety of music to keep everyone dancing all night and he did just that! We got tied up with other wedding plans and forgot to fill out our timeline form, but Ryan called us a couple days before and sat and went over all the details and requests and gave suggestions to make the night run smoothly. He even dressed to match our wedding colors! They were a breeze to work with and truly exceeded our expectations. It was like having a close friend dj for us, he knew what we wanted and definitely delivered!!

Sent on 08/28/2016