Amp Event Professionals Reviews

223 | Arlington Heights, IL

223 Reviews for Amp Event Professionals

Mandy · Married on 08/11/2018

We cannot recommend Ken highly enough! He did an incredible job throughout our entire wedding. He took away the stress of planning the music aspect of our wedding and even took the time to call us to help get everything ready. It was difficult because we were trying to plan this wedding from another state, but Ken was very accommodating and called us even though it was later in the evening for him. Our wedding day was absolutely incredible. Ken kept the evening flowing in a perfect and cohesive manner. Not one thing was out of place. He played great music and kept us dancing all night! We loved our special last dance that he created- we were so surprised! Ken is a true professional who is clearly dedicated to his profession. If you need an amazing DJ for your next event, call Ken!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Mandy. So glad you and Craig had an amazing time!

Kristy · Married on 07/20/2018

Working with Ken was nothing short of seamless. Between the easy to use portal and the prompt responses, we were beyond satisfied with our DJ choice. As for our wedding night itself, Ken created such a fun environment from the very beginning starting with the great guest "warm up" game. The music he played all night was perfect. I never left the dance floor and neither did our guests! If that wasn't great enough, my favorite part was when he surprised us with a special mix of our first dance song and other important parts of our day and sent it to us to keep! I still have not listened to it without crying. He definitely made our day super personal and so much fun!! 100% the perfect DJ choice!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks Kristy and Tommy! It was a pleasure working with you as well and I hope our paths cross again!

Tatiana · Married on 07/15/2018

Ken from AMP DJ Services was absolutely incredible. He listened to everything we did and didn't want for our wedding and followed through accordingly. He also gave great recommendations a few days before our wedding when we spoke over the phone. The day of, Ken was great. He was prompt and had everything set up appropriately, both his equipment and himself. He watched the crowd and in doing so, never had an empty dance floor the entire night. Ken interacted with the guests and was very engaging throughout the night. Ken also did an incredible little surprise for us, but I won't give that away in case he does that again, but you will not be disappointed!!! We would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for any event, but especially for a wedding. He is phenomenal.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Tatiana, thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Your wedding was one Ken won't soon forget. Great venue (Barrington White House) and even better group of guests. Love was in the air and your Sunday wedding was a HIT! I wish you and Eric the best and please keep in touch!

Emily · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot even begin to explain how awesome our experience with Ken was and how happy we are that we chose him to be our DJ. We have had SO MANY compliments from many of our guests. Ken was on top of everything the entire night, made everything run so smoothly, the music was perfect, and he is such a genuinely nice guy. My dad even told me that he came up to him and talked to him about his speech for a bit, and he was so flattered by that! We LOVED the “3 minute table pictures” idea, it was so fun and creative and we got pictures with all of our tables, which is what we wanted! The last song he played was our first dance song edited to include voice clips from the speeches, which was so incredibly cool and personal. Everyone thought that was just awesome. Ken truly made our wedding amazing and we cannot thank him enough. We will be sure to recommend AMP to anyone we know who is in need of a DJ. He truly did go above and beyond to make sure our night was perfect and we are so grateful.

Sent on 08/01/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 07/07/2018

The Best DJ We Could Have Asked For: DJ Ken with Amp Event Professionals

We strongly recommend DJ Ken for any couple that loves to dance and wants a fun, energetic party all night long! I’ve been to quite a few weddings and never have I seen a DJ go so above and beyond. Here are the top five reasons why Ken was the best DJ for us!

1. Everyone danced all night! There were no breaks in between each song and the music rocked!! I’ve been to many weddings where you could not dance to the music. If people started leaving the dance floor, he would switch to another song and they came right back.

2. Everyone loved him! He was energetic but not over the top. I received so many compliments from wedding guests on our choice of DJ. I’ve already passed his information on to several brides-to-be.

3. He went above and beyond! Here are 4 examples:
    There were a couple times when a glass was dropped on the dance floor…Ken was the first one out there (with a flashlight) picking up the broken glass and tacking down a broom.

When it was time for bridal party to be announced, he somehow rounded everyone up. He came and found the bride and escorted me to where I needed to be so everything ran smoothly and on time.

When some of the kids started dancing before dinner ended, he asked us “Looks like people are ready to dance, do you mind up we give them some more upbeat music!”. Of course we agreed and all the kids loved it!!

During his dinner, he took recordings of the speeches and inserted them into the last song of the night (which was our first dance song). It was so touching and memorable and was the exclamation point to a beautiful night.

4. Communication was easy and quick: He met with us in-person prior to booking. This was very important to us, as we wanted to meet each of our vendors personally. I contacted a few other vendors and had to go through a receptionist that would “find a DJ for me based on personality and availability” and even when I asked to meet with one personally, it seemed like such an inconvenience for them. Ken was timely with emails, very kind, and very professional. The week before the wedding we spoke on over the phone to ensure each detail was in place and he had the correct pronunciation of all the bridal party members.

5. His web portal was convenient and easy to use for song request and the timeline of events. We really felt like he tailored the night for us and kept us at the center of it all.

We are thrilled with our decision to have Ken be our Wedding DJ and would strongly recommended him to any couple that that wants to work with someone they can trust and have an amazing wedding!!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Clarissa · Married on 06/30/2018

Words cannot begin to express how perfect our experience was with Ken. We met with him early in our planning process, and he helped me create a vision for my wedding, and he helped ease my worries that I had early on.
    The planning process was flawless. We had an online account that we used to help form our timeline and manage our requests. It was very easy to use, and it helped us plan on OUR time. It was very user-friendly, and we were able to go back and make changes at any time. The account closes 5 days before your wedding.
    The day of the wedding was amazing. Ken came dressed matching our wedding colors, and he was with us every step of the day. He helped keep our wedding moving, and he also made it a PARTY! Our guests were pumped, and they loved the energy that Ken had throughout the night. He had a great mix of music, and our dance floor was filled all night long. We had a wide range of guests (college-aged friends to grandparents), and everyone said that they LOVED the music! That's definitely a rare compliment!
    Another AWESOME aspect of AMP DJ is their walking photo booth! My guests said they have never seen anything like it, and they had so much fun with it! This photo booth had filters (similar to snapchat) that guests can use to take pictures. Then, you enter your phone number, and the picture is instantly sent to your phone. It was fast, fun, and convenient! It was so much fun, and I can see this being the photo booth of the future! This is something you can only get with this DJ company, and you don't want to miss out!
    Perhaps the most special moment of the day was the surprise that Ken had for us at the end of the night. I won't spoil it here, but it was truly special and something that my guests said they have never seen before, and something they will never forget.
    I cannot recommend Ken and AMP DJ services enough; I wish I could give him more than 5 stars. Anytime I need DJ services again, I will turn to Ken and AMP DJ in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/20/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the AMAZING REVIEW Clarissa! You really paint a picture of what Ken does to go above and beyond for our clients events. You and Alex had an amazing wedding at an amazing venue (Gardens of Woodstock) and we were glad to be a part of it!

mario · Married on 06/09/2018

We worked with Ken from AMP DJ Services for our wedding/reception and he was absolutely amazing. We are not a couple big on dancing, and we weren't expecting a huge crowd out on the dance floor, but people were dancing all night. Ken really knows how to put on a good show. The night flowed really smoothly and we had a lot of compliments after from guest how great it was. We know we will be using Amp Dj service in the future for events!!!!!!

Mario & Jeremie

Sent on 06/15/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks gentlemen! You had a great group of guests and were a pleasure to work with.

Jeremie · Married on 06/09/2018

Ken and his team were the most wonderful addition to our wedding . Ken keep the party on the dance floor all night. Many family and friends stated he was one of the best DJs they have ever heard at a wedding and asked for his info.The lighting was perfect also. We will be using AMP for many years to come. 6/9/18 #YouHadMeAtColcio

Sent on 06/23/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2018

AMAZING service, punctual and attentive! Ken was perfect and made our night even better! Everyone was dancing all night! We couldn’t have picked a better DJ! Thank you Ken for everything! We will be recommending AMP to everyone!!!!

Oh, Ken even let me take over as DJ for pictures! It was great!!!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Erin · Married on 05/19/2018

We used AMP DJ Services, for our music, up-lighting and photo booth at our wedding. Ken was awesome at helping us with our timeline and preparing the music for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We were set up with a great online tool that helped us to organize the timeline and choose all the important songs (processional, recessional, entrance and first dances). When we reached out to ask for some advice on the timeline, Ken didn’t hesitate to guide us the rest of the way. The day of the wedding we had no idea Ken was at the venue setting up, but when it was time to walk down the aisle the music was playing and we knew Ken had it handled.
    We choose to play the newlywed game, and so glad we did. We had guest say they had never seen that at a wedding and they really enjoyed it. The whole room was engaged and laughing at our responses. Ken also provided the photo booth and Solsnap. Solsnap is a mobile extension of the photo booth and can be brought out to the dance floor, and to guest at tables. This was an awesome way to get some great action shots on the dance floor and photos of people who may not have made it to the photobooth. It was a HUGE hit!
    As for the music. Ken had people dancing ALL night. We had guest of all ages, and we received multiple compliments of how great the music was. My mom mentioned more than once how professional Ken was and how amazing the music was.
    Ken ended the night with a surprise neither of us was expecting and it is something that we will cherish for years to come. We can honestly say, everyone at our wedding said they had never experienced something like that at a wedding before. We highly recommend Ken as he is professional, highly passionate about his work and will keep your guest dancing all night!!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Valerie · Married on 05/11/2018

Ken is amazing! My husband and I were getting married in Mexico and going to create our own playlist for the DJ to play down there. Less then a week before leaving for Mexico, we found ourselves with no playlist yet to give the DJ due to procrastination on our end (whoops). We reached out to Ken to see if he could throw something together for us and within a few days he provided us a site to select exactly which music we wanted, put the mix together, and even personalized some shout outs during the mix!

Not only did he create our wedding playlist but we had a different idea for our first dance where we merged together 4 different songs....he was also able to do this mashup for us too! He literally saved the day!!!

If you are looking for a fun, amazing DJ, definitely use Ken Murphy!!! Destination or local :) He gets the job done. Our guests danced all night and everyone loved the mix! THANKS KEN!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad your destination wedding was able to have a little Chicagoland flavor to it. Congratulations again!

Jon · Married on 04/07/2018

We booked Ken from AMP DJ services for our wedding on 4/8/17 and he was AWESOME!! Words cannot describe how easy Ken made the process. He was very easy to work with and took the time to really understand our needs.

He had the dance floor full all night and truly did a great job. We also booked our Photo Booth with AMP DJ Services and it was an amazing experience.

AMP DJ Services is reasonably priced and the value you're getting is second-to-none. Thank you again, Ken! I cannot wait to work with you again! Jon & Cristina

Sent on 05/13/2018

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thank you for writing a review! It was a pleasure working with you as well!

Kelly · Married on 12/31/2017

It took me awhile to write this because I was thinking about what to say and how to express my gratitude and appreciation to Ken. Ken DJ’d my husband and I’s New Years Eve wedding. With it being on NYE we knew we needed to be smart and hire the right DJ. A DJ that would keep our guest on the dance floor and the party going. Well, Ken did just this and so much more. We first met Ken at my cousins wedding and it was the best wedding I’ve ever been too up until my own. I remember dancing my ass off and never wanting the night to end. When Mark and I got engaged I knew that I had to contact Ken right away because he HAD to be our DJ for our wedding. Thank god he was available and he was super excited since it was his first wedding on NYE. Throughout the whole process Ken was a great communicator and would send reminders to keep us on track with filling out our online music list. We had great trust in him that he would make our wedding one to remember, he nailed it. Since the wedding, people still are talking about how amazing it was. Everything from the lights, remixes, crowd engagement and most importantly the remake of our first song at the end of the night with a clip of all the speeches mixed into it. This was something that Mark and I were unaware of. It brought me to tears along with the rest of the crowd and really ended the best night of our lives perfectly. Ken truly loves his job and we HIGHLY recommend choosing him as your DJ. He’s the best out there and will make any day one to remember. Thank you so much Ken!

Sent on 01/18/2018

Matthew · Married on 12/29/2017

Ken and AMP DJ Services were absolutely incredible! Ken was super flexible and easy to work with at all hours of the day and night when crazy last minute changes were needed in the reception schedule. My fiancee and I had a mixed culture wedding and Ken delivered wonderful mixes of English and Polish music that kept people on the dance floor all night! We had several guests come to us and tell us that they had not danced that hard in years! I hate to give away all the wonderful surprises in store if you decide to work with Ken, but our last dance was phenomenal and will be cherished for decades by us. We also went with a photo booth and Mike, who was working the booth, never had a spare moment as every guest jumped in it for a few shots at least! Both Mike and Ken were very professional and delivered beyond our expectations. At least for our family, music and dance are integral to a good party and AMP DJ Services were superb! We hope to use their services again in the future!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Amy · Married on 10/29/2017

Ken from AMP DJ was absolutely amazing! My husband and I really can not say enough good things about him. Ken was extremely professional and helpful through the whole process and made working with him so easy. The portal he uses makes it so easy to be organized and reach out to him when need be. Ken was on point through the whole night. When our hostess knocked over our videography lighting during the father daughter dance, Ken was right there fixing it and extended our dance time to make up for it on the video. It was so great that he took charge even with us not using Amp dj for that specific service. There was never a point during our reception that the dance floor was empty. We received so may compliments and we still get told how our wedding was the best that anyone had been to, we know it was Ken that really made the night the best. He was full of surprises. He made us a snapchat filter and mixed the speeches in with our first dance song to play at the end of the night , we found out later he did it completely while everyone was eating diner! As someone who was trying to penny pinch the whole wedding, I can honestly say that Ken exceed all our expectations and was worth every penny! We will definitely be recommending Amp DJ to everyone we know!

Sent on 12/25/2017

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! The two of you were an absolute pleasure to work with!

Tracy · Married on 10/21/2017

October 21, 2017

My husband and I have nothing but terrific things to say about Ken and AMP DJ Services. Ken's transformation he did with our pole-barn was beyond amazing (pictures attached). I had a vision for elegant country theme decor and Ken truly made that vision come to life. He added beautiful white drapes going across the barn, lights, and up lighting, Ken was very professional, kind, flexible, and creative. He went out of his way many times to make sure everything was how we wanted it, he was very helpful with suggestions if we weren't sure on what to do, and he has an amazing talent for setting an atmosphere so guests are comfortable and have a great time. I truly have never seen a dance floor SO packed for SO LONG at a wedding. Ken knew what music to play at what time to get the crowd going. I had an immense amount of guests who commented on how great our DJ Ken was, as well as the set up of the barn. Ken suggested a couples game that we were really excited to play in front of our guests. I was so happy we did the game because it was not only fun, but probably one of the best memories for us and our family and friends. We also had a photo booth that our guests ABSOLUTELY LOVED!! Everyone was laughing, smiling, and having a great time. We even had friends that wouldn't normally "come out of their shells" participate in the photo booth and really enjoy themselves. We got a copy of everyone's photos and the guests each got a copy as well. Ken also sent us the online link so we could view all of them. Looking at all the pictures helped us see moments we missed of our guests having a great time. I could go on and on about Ken and AMP DJ Services. I highly recommend them for any event, wedding, or celebration. Thank you Ken for making our wedding such an amazing day.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Anna · Married on 10/20/2017

If you have landed on AMP DJ's page in the search of a DJ for your wedding or event, no need to look any further, Ken is your guy.
    We were lucky enough to have Ken from AMP as the DJ at our wedding on 10/20/2017 and he completely knocked it out of the park. From our very first conversation to follow up after the big day he always gave us 110%. Ken always got back to us within 24 hrs or less, was flexible with any changes we needed to make, truly valued our wants and needs for our big day and the quality of his services were impeccable. After working in the event planning industry for many years I was well aware how important it is to have a quality DJ/emcee and AMP DJ Services did not disappoint. The dance floor was packed literally all night from the very first song all the way to the very last.
    We cannot thank Ken enough for all that he did for us and would highly recommend him for your big day!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Patrick · Married on 10/13/2017

Ken is a true professional. From day one he was very helpful and always stayed in contact with us. Our wedding was a success due to the great music selection he provided all night. The dance floor was never empty. He gives off great energy and we would definitely recommend his services. Thank you!!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Katie · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband Adam and I got married last Saturday and were fortunate enough to have Ken Murphy from Amp DJ Services as our MC for the night. We could not have asked for a better experience! He was with us every step of the way and made the night go very smoothly. Our guests loved his music selections and his enthusiasm throughout the entire night. We could tell that Ken is very passionate about what he does. He certainly went above and beyond to make our night memorable. As mentioned before, our guests raved about Ken and how he kept them dancing all night long. He even offered a photo booth which all of our guests took advantage of and had a blast with all of the fun signs and props. We would recommend Amp DJ Services to anyone who wants to have a night to remember. Ken definitely helped make our wedding night as perfect as can be!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Joe · Married on 09/30/2017

We first met Ken at a private party that he DJ'd this winter and my bride to be and I knew he would be perfect to for our Wedding. Prior to the wedding, Ken was responsive while we communicated and strategized about our playlists, venue, and vibe we wanted to create. Our venue was unique and a challenge due to our wedding being on a 3 Story Charter yacht but Ken and his assistant were flawless in execution from the ceremony to the reception. In fact, the event coordinator on the Anita Dee II had said she has never seen people break down and dance on the first floor of the yacht for a wedding reception when the dance floor and DJ was set up on the 2nd interior deck floor! The last dance, Ken incorporated in excerpts from best man and maid of honor speech into the final dance song, we were very impressed and surprised with this creative personal touch to end our wedding reception!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Cyndi · Married on 09/29/2017

Ken Murphy from AMP DJ Services was recommended to us by our venue, the Gardens of Woodstock. I am SO GLAD I decided to take their advice and hire Ken. He was the first and only DJ we met with and I got such a great vibe with him we didn't even look at anyone else. Not only did we hire him for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, but we also got his Uplight Package and it was worth every penny we spent.

He lit up the inside of the venue beautifully in the exact colors I asked for, and went above and beyond to light up the gardens outside of the venue with amazing, vibrant colors that morphed and moved on the trees. One guest commented that it looked like a secret, enchanted haunted forest-- AWESOME.

We thought we had a lot of weird requests for music that isn't typically played at weddings, and were a bit nervous about getting the songs we chose-- DID NOT HAVE TO WORRY AT ALL. Ken got every song we wanted and played everything FLAWLESSLY, including the ceremony songs and first introduction at the reception. He helped the bridal party line up for intros, got everyone together, and I was shocked at how smooth it was. During the night, he kept checking in with me and letting me know when we should start certain things so our guests wouldn't be bored, and even though we were out taking pictures for about an hour, Ken kept the dance floor going. I was jealous hearing all the music and our guests having a great time! =)

He was so much more than a DJ, I would say that he is the one who kept our wedding moving. He was on schedule, on time, and extremely professional throughout the event. I will be recommending EVERYONE I know to use AMP DJ Services, and will be proud to do so. He has some surprises and tricks up his sleeve that I don't want to give away, but all I can tell you is that I will remember a few certain moments for the rest of my life and they were the best moments of the night by far. You will NOT regret hiring AMP DJ Services!

Sent on 10/03/2017

Amp Event Professionals's reply:

Thanks for the review Cyndi and Wayne! You really paint a picture of how we do things here! We love what we do and as you mention, it shows! Congratulations again!

Tom & Kathy · Married on 09/29/2017

AMP DJ Services – Ken and Ryan Murphy
    We highly recommend AMP DJ Services for your next big occasion!

We initially worked with Ken, who made it very easy for us to make arrangements. We were able to quickly agree on a logical itinerary and timeline for our wedding and reception. Ken offered several smart recommendations based on his experience working such engagements. The web based planner is very easy to use and kept us well coordinated.

Ryan, our DJ, did an outstanding job. He worked in all our selections and kept the dance floor hopping. We went with the up lighting and glad that we did. The sound system for the wedding and the reception were set up well in advance and went without a glitch. We really liked the tribute Ryan arranged for us at the end of the reception.

Sent on 03/05/2018

Ashley · Married on 09/23/2017

Ken Murphey of AMP dj services was ABSOLUTLEY OUTSTANDING! He was a pleasure to work with, by far one of our best vendors! He was professionl, prompt, extreamly helpful and went above and beyond in every way possible! He made our wedding the most incredible day, and we will be forever greatful for all of his efforts and surprises! You WILL NOT be disappointed! I can promise you that!

Sent on 08/10/2017

lisa · Married on 09/16/2017

We'd give 100 stars if we could! Ken was the dj at our wedding on sept 16th and we couldnt be happier that we chose him! We are still getting comments on how amazing Ken was. He was able to keep the party going all night!!! Not only did he help us pick out our intro song, but also able to add all the personal touches we wanted with the music. It was so easy to go through his website login and able to save all the songs we wanted to have played verses the ones we definitely didnt want played. The coolest part about having Ken as our dj - not only did he suprise us with a personalized snapchat filter, but also gave us the best last song that we can keep for years to come! Thanks again Ken! You are the best!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Kaylee · Married on 09/15/2017

Ken was perfect! I'm from a big and fun family who loves to party so I've been to a lot of awesome weddings in my life and I had big expectations for my reception. He exceeded my expectations because our wedding was a blast and he made it such a fun and memorable night for my husband and I. He was also very professional and organized and his website made it really east to pick songs.

Sent on 10/18/2017