Bahamas Wedding Planner Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Alex S. Married on 05/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Paulette was everything I needed planning mt wedding a thousand miles away at Chub Cay. She is so professional, responsive and knowledgeable of ever Wedding! She helped me to plan every piece that I couldn’t get done at Chub Cay. She had wonderful vendors for our cake, mini cakes and and welcome donuts. I sent her photos of what i wanted and she immediately helped me to find three wonderful bakeries to fulfill my vision.
    She is and exceptional day of planner as well. Most of my pre planning was done by myself, but she saved my sanity and allowed everyone of my family members to enjoy the day. She took my decorations, visions and brought them to life, all without me having to lift a finger the day of the wedding. She truly helped me to be at ease the night before and on the day, knowing she would bring to life everything I hand planed, and she. Paulette is amazing and if you’re here reading our reviews you’re in the right place! You only know a small piece of her talent and and amazing ability to be your “everything” on your wedding day.
    She is truly incredible. Thank you SO much Paulette! I wish I had more time after the wedding to thank you!
    Helen V. Married on 11/21/2021

Excellent Wedding Planner

I cannot recommend Paulette enough. We were organising my wedding through covid restrictions and she was just amazing. Organised, calm, a perfectionist and did an outstanding job. She made our day the best day of our lives. You will be so happy you chose Amour Affairs. I am a travel agent in the UK who arranges weddings abroad and she will be my "go to" for the bahamas. Nothing was too much trouble and she went the extra mile making sure everything was simply perfect.
    Kate E. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Wonderful wedding planner -- epitome of kindness and professionalism

We had a wonderful experience working with Paulette. She was communicative, organized and accommodating to make our wedding weekend exactly as we'd dreamed. I'll be forever grateful to her coordination to help coordinate the logistics and vendors in the Bahamas while we were in the US for most of the planning phases.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Rob Married on 09/29/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    ** READ THIS REVIEW ** We are an american couple from New Jersey and wanted to get married on the beach in Nassau, but not at a resort. We rented our own house in a private area and wanted to host it there. Only problem was, we knew nothing about planning a wedding 1,000 miles away! We did some research and found Paulette, and decided to fly down to Nassau and meet her in person. From that first meeting, we knew she was the planner for us. Booked her immeditaely (18 months ahead of time) and began working on the details. Let me tell you, Paulette know how to plan a wedding!! She guided us through every step of the way, and recommended things that we didnt even think of. On the day of the wedding, she was present to make sure things ran smoothly. We went with a catered lunch and dinner, both of which were AMAZING and everyone raved about how good the food was. We went with a live band, who Paulette booked personally, and THEY KEPT THE PARTY ROCKING ALL NIGHT LONG. Im not just saying that either... I am a musician and my friends are too, and they all loved the band. She got us a bouquet and bouteneers that were exactly what my bride wanted. She got the same flower arrangements for our table centerpieces too (which BTW she rented us a full set of tables, chairs, and arranged a lighting guy to light up our spot!!). For the ceremony we had a draped arch on the beach along with 50 folding chairs, enough for all our guests. Im telling you, I would not have been able to do this wedding without her. She was always in touch with us throughout the time leading up to the wedding, and making payments to her was super easy. Please, if you are getting married in the bahamas, dont try to tackle all the little things yourself. Save yourself the hassle and just sit back and let Paulette plan everything perfectly for you. Its the best wedding decision we made, hands down. Thank you Paulette!!!! Love, Rob & Rosana 9/1/2018

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Rob and Rosana, I am so late with thanking you for such a wonderful review. I do hope that you and your amazing amazing friends will be back. And I am waiting on some of those pictures.
    I love what I do and its because of couples like you. Thank you for trusting me... that's a big part of it. And thank you for coming with the attitude that it was about sharing a great time with the ones you love. You made it easier. Hugs -- until we meet again.
    Tracy S. Married on 08/20/2021

Paulette is a delight!

Paulette was so wonderful to work with. We had a very small family wedding and she helped us with the all details we needed. She catered to our vision and it all came together beautifully. We talk often about how perfect our wedding was for us. It was exactly what we wanted.

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Tracy it was a pleasure. I love small family groups and the intimacy they bring. Your family, the ceremony and words and just seeing how well you all got on, you were a blessing to me. Thank you!
    Twila B. Married on 05/30/2021

Stunning and impeccable!

My wedding was a D R E A M in a venue where I had never visited. She thought of everything and improvised as needed to fill in for any last min potential snags. My event would never have been the same and I could not recommend her enough!!

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Twila. You are very kind. We were happy to be there for you at this special time. Thank you for your kindness while we were on island.
    Ashley N. Married on 05/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome! An absolute dream come true wedding and could never ask for anything different.

Paulette was a fantastic wedding planner.
    She planned everything accordingly to what my husband and I wanted. She handled everything with care and made our wedding an absolute dream come true!
  • Erika
    Erika Married on 07/18/2020

Paulette - Our COVID Destination Wedding Angel

We met Paulette in an untraditional way. Our wedding venue changed two weeks out and we needed a planner to help us with our new venue as soon as possible. We were connected with Paulette and immediately knew she was the perfect person to help us. To say Paulette is organized is an understatement. She immediately provided us with planning documents, connected with our vendors, and ensured we felt confident that our wedding would be flawless... regardless of the need to completely replan it with two weeks to spare. She was extremely responsive and was always willing to pick up the phone to talk things through.
    Planning a wedding is stressful enough, add a destination wedding during a pandemic with ever changing guidelines, and it is a lot more than you ever want to worry about. Paulette made the planning exciting and stress free again, something that was missing during the majority of our experience. It was not easy staying updated on updated restrictions in both the US and the Bahamas. Lucky for us, Paulette was committed to clarifying each and every update from the Bahamas on our behalf. Paulette’s years of experience was essential to our day going as smooth as possible. She is deeply connected through the community and her relationships with vendors, various government departments, and the resorts were the only reason we felt comfortable proceeding with our day.
    Our wedding day was flawless, and that was all thanks to Paulette. We even had updates to our event restrictions occur on the day of. Paulette handled everything on our behalf. She organized each update and communication with our vendors while we were able to focus on the special moments with our families and friends. We enjoyed every aspect of our day and did not worry about any details because Paulette had it handled. We received so many compliments from our guests of how amazing Paulette was as they watched her throughout the day.
    Even after our day Paulette when above and beyond. The Bahamas unfortunately reversed back to lockdown a few weeks after our wedding. This led to an issue with obtaining our marriage certificate. Of course, our angel Paulette came to rescue. She advocated on our behalf and was able to pick up our certificate the day the government offices reopened. She immediately mailed the certificates to us and we did not have to worry at all. Paulette is one of the most genuine and kind humans we have ever met. We are now eight months married and still talk to Paulette frequently. She feels like family to us and we cannot wait to visit with her once we go back to our favorite island again.
    My only regret is that we did not meet Paulette earlier in the planning process. Thank you to Paulette for everything. Our wedding was amazing because of you.

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Ok Erika, I don't need to tell you how this made me feel do I? Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot, especially as I try to find my footing again with the changes in the world.

I am grateful to have met you both. I am grateful that at a time when stressed would have been more than understandable because you were planning your wedding again for the 3rd time, you trusted me and allowed me to do what I could and you both just wanted to marry each other with your families. Your attitude made my work easier.
    I am grateful that sometimes through what is my 'work' I am blessed to have the added bonus of making 'life friends' like you. And I am grateful for the team of professionals we have here in the Bahamas who help me to look good.

Thank you!! And I look forward to staying in touch and sharing a drink when you come again under more relaxed circumstances.
    Susan D. Married on 07/03/2020

Say YES to Paulette

Working with Paulette to plan our daughter’s wedding was a true pleasure! Her vast experience, positive approach and calm demeanor were invaluable as we navigated planning a destination wedding. With her at the helm, the weekend not only was a huge success but exceeded our dreams. The bride and groom and both families got to enjoy the fun and not worry about the details because we had Paulette and her team- thank goodness!

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Susan. I think you know that I really enjoyed being a part of this special time. Christina had one particular request, that I get the timing right. I am thrilled that it all came together so well and thank you for the honor of bringing it all together and for your trust in me.
    Marius S. Married on 09/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Paulette was brilliant! She did probably even more than we expected!

Would recommend Paulette’s services any day! Can´t explain how perfect Paulette was from the beginning until the end of our wedding! We were from Europe and didn’t had a clue where to begin and what to do,to get married in Bahamas.
    She went well behind her duties in making our weedings so amazing.
    No only is she an absolute expert in weddings , but she is also such a warm, friendly and genuine person, she really cares about YOU and your special day and she always goes that extra mile for you. She doesn't just offer you a first class service, but also an extremely personal one, becoming a great friend in the process.
    As we talked after, Paulette,hope to see you soon and thank you again!
    Ugne & Marius

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you so very much and Iike you, I look forward to our continued friendship. I am truly happy you enjoyed your time and your wedding day. Thank you for trusting me.... I know that's not easy to do, especially with such an important time. See you again!!!
    Nancy Married on 06/29/2019

Highly Recommend!

I could never have gotten through my planning and the entire wedding week without Paulette. Within hours of submitting a request, she contacted me to set up a call. I explained to her my stress and overwhelmed feelings with planning. She was so sweet and immediately calmed me down and assured me that she'd help me through everything. She has such a kind gentle spirit, while at the same time being a go-getter and knowing how to get things done efficiently. Especially the week of the wedding, Paulette was there for everything I needed and even through the reception stayed as long as I needed her to. I am forever grateful for Paulette's services and would recommend her a million times over to anyone!

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Nancy. It was a joy being a part of your wedding. You both have amazing families and friends.
    I hope that we will stay in touch and you will come back and visit again.
  • Katie
    Katie C. Married on 05/18/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Paulette and her staff made our wedding dream a reality!

Paulette came highly recommended to us by the best event company in Nassau. Paulette was able to take our vision of what we wanted for our wedding- Paulette was able to connect me with the best sources and vendors on the island: from cake, flowers, officiant, rehearsal dinner, music and venues. Paulette met us at our hotel to finalize the paperwork and took care of all the details. She handled all of the planning, preparation for our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. The day of the wedding, we felt so happy and relaxed. Paulette handled every single detail! Our ceremony at a private club was beautiful and intimate- Paulette and her assistants made sure that it was perfect. The cocktail hour followed by the reception were stunning- with so many small touches. Everything was on a time and without delay. As a bride, I didn't have to worry that I wasn't on site to make every selection or meet all the vendors. Paulette was able to schedule calls with me to go through all of the logistics and requirements, and make recommendations. When my family and I arrived, I was able to enjoy my time in the Bahamas, all of our guests commended that it was the best wedding they had been to, and I know it would not have happened without Paulette's expertise and experience and professionalism.

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Katie. Your words are warming and heartfelt. YOU.... were an amazing bride. Calm and easy to work with. Your family and friends all made it so much easier for us to do what we do. Thank you for your review. Until we see each other again...... here - or there.
    Rylee Married on 05/12/2019

Thank you!

There aren't even words to explain how grateful I am to have found Paulette and hired her to plan my ceremony. I was in Oregon and Paulette handled everything and we just showed up! The flowers were beautiful, the location was exactly what we wanted, but most importantly she made the process SO simple. Thank you Paulette for everything. Our day was beautiful and magical because of you. We will appreciate you forever!

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Oh Rylee, Thank you. You both are amazing and we wish you so much happiness in your future. We are truly blessed that we have the opportunity to be of service to special people like you. You make my job a dream and after all these years keep me loving what I do. Stay happy and wonderful!!
    Chantal N. Married on 01/26/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic - an absolute must!!

Paulette was absolutely incredible and we could not have pulled off our wedding without her help. She's responsive, organized, professional, detail oriented, kind, and has become a friend to us over the course of the last few months while planning our wedding together. We could not recommend this team more!

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Chantal. It was such a pleasure and privilege to work with you and Henry. Your vision and style were beautiful. Your attitude towards the process and your kind spirit made it enjoyable for me and I am just so happy that you were both happy. Here's looking forward to the years to come.
    Alexander Married on 04/15/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paulette was on point with everything and made the impossible possible. It was never about the money with her, it was always about the service and making sure we were covered by being well prepared with all required documents that were needed to get married. She was also never pushy about the payment, she was just going with the flow and completely honest about each step. I deal with lots of people in business and I can tell you, that Paulette is one of the good people left in this world ! I highly recommend her because she won't disappoint you! Small or large budget she will treat you royally! Thank you Paulette

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Alexander! Thank you. Very kind words and they mean alot to me. It was an honor to help and be a part of making things happen for you and Lorraine. I wish you much happiness.
    Tara Married on 04/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paulette is amazing! She was our day of coordinator and was super helpful leading up to the wedding, ensuring everything was taken care of. Paulette has a very calm demeanor and made sure I was comfortable and taken care of throughout the entire event. I am SO happy Paulette was there on our big day. Everything thing was perfect! Highly recommend.

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Tara you are too kind. As you know it was such a pleasure. You made my work easy and you made it enjoyable. I loved being a part of your day and wish you both so much happiness.
    Latoya Married on 04/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Thank you Paulette for helping us plan our destination wedding!!! I have nothing but great things to say. She was always so helpful and responsive. At our actual ceremony and rehearsal, everything was so well orchestrated. She made sure everything was done to perfection, she listens and goes above and beyond. Thank you so much for coordinating such a beautiful ceremony and for helping with all of the tedious things involved with planning a catholic wedding. I highly recommend Paulette, worth every penny!!

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Latoya. Your gentile spirit was beautiful to work with. I love small intimate family celebrations of love and you and your family allowed me to share in that again. I hope we will see you again.
    Regina Married on 11/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paulette and her team did a amazing job, everything I wanted! So very pleased!

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Gina, I think you realize how much we enjoyed sharing these very special moments with you both. I hope your visit is longer one day.
    Ken Married on 11/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    On November 7th, 2017 we celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary at Goodman's Bay in Nassau and Paulette and her team exceeded our expectations.

A year and a half ago I began my communications from Canada with Paulette in Nassau. Paulette was quick to reply to literally dozens of emails over the last eighteen months and when we finally met her and her team it was like reuniting with family.

We told Paulette what we had in mind for our ceremony and she took care of everything, from transportation, flowers, photography, videography, to location, minister, music and some beautiful extras like a sand ceremony.

We were only ported in Nassau for one day from a cruise ship, but everything flowed perfectly as planned. Paulette is very accommodating and will bend over backwards to make your special day the one of your dreams.

Thank you Paulette and Amour Affairs!!

Sincerely,

The Rogers Family

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

What kind words. I do believe that you know that Reg and I felt like we were really a part of this special time. Sometimes people don't understand when I say that I love ceremonies that are small and so personal. Thank you for allowing us the honor to witness your families love.
    Andrea Married on 10/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My daughter Jaclyn always knew that her wedding would be in Nassau Bahamas as we spent every Christmas and lots of summers there. Planning any wedding is challenging but a destination wedding for over 100 people can be daunting.
    On my first fact finding trip to Nassau one name kept being mentioned. Everyone said if you want to enjoy this process and know that everything will be taken care of then you must meet Paulette at Amour Affairs.
    I called Paulette and she met with me that afternoon. She was early, organized but for me the deciding factor was that you could tell she genuinely loves what she does.
    Paulette knows everyone on the island, she has an excellent reputation with all the venues management, which goes a long way on a small island.
    Paulette also responded very quickly to all my questions and concerns she provided me with choices for everything from the decor vendors to string quartets, steelpan player, DJ’s and limo services in all price points.
    Most of the guest stayed at the Atlantis and other private rentals on Paradise Island, Paulette managed all the transportation for all the events planned ( which was no small feat).
    The ceremony was held at the Cloisters, Paradise Island followed by the reception at Luciano’s on Nassau.
    The morning of the wedding Paulette arrived at the home we rented she was so organized and so focused, I knew I could just leave it all in her hands and enjoy this perfect day with my daughter.
    Everything was perfect, Paulette’s staff was everywhere. They were at both venues, at the hotels making sure all the guests get on buses, at the grooms rental home...
    Needless to say Paulette was invaluable to my family both through the planning process and especially the day of. I know for sure this day would not have been perfect had it not been for Paulette Davis and her staff at Amour Affairs.

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Let's do it again!!! I loved every minute of it. Thank you for so many kind words. We made a great team.
    Love to all of you
    Jaclyn Married on 10/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paulette was amazing. I cannot say enough good things about her. She made the entire planning process and day of so easy and stress free. I would highly recommend Paulette to anyone!!!
    Sylwia Married on 09/19/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    What an amazing wedding we had orgenised by Paullete Davis and her company !!! From the first email to the day of our wedding all perfect organised and felt like we knew us for years. If you want a simple weeding or big celebration she is the lady !!!! We had the best time of our life and never forget getting martied between 4 hurricanes around. What an amazing lady couldn't make a better choice !!!
    Lee Married on 09/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Amour affairs is the real deal! She doea Amazing Work!!! Made our wedding day a breeze and unforgettable. The photos and videos turned out so AMAZING! I would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a wedding planner. She exceeded all expectations. ABSOULUTE BEST!

Kenise Married on 04/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paulette was certainly a dream to work with. Being confused and unsure about what I actually wanted, Paulette was able to steer me in the right direction and was able to help me plan the wedding of my dreams! She was great and very sweet!

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Kenise. It was a pleasure to be a part of your day.
    Alessia Married on 01/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Paulette was absolutely amazing! She made my day worry free and run smoothly. She handled the whole day with professionalism even when one of our uncles pulled a prank on my groom. I had no idea anything had happened. She helped make my wedding unique and memorable. My guests are still talking about our wedding. Thank you so much for everything you did for our wedding!
illustration stars