Bahamas Wedding Planner Reviews

59 | Nassau, BS

59 Reviews for Bahamas Wedding Planner

Susan Doherty · Married on 07/03/2020

Say YES to Paulette

Working with Paulette to plan our daughter’s wedding was a true pleasure! Her vast experience, positive approach and calm demeanor were invaluable as we navigated planning a destination wedding. With her at the helm, the weekend not only was a huge success but exceeded our dreams. The bride and groom and both families got to enjoy the fun and not worry about the details because we had Paulette and her team- thank goodness!

Sent on 05/12/2020

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Susan. I think you know that I really enjoyed being a part of this special time. Christina had one particular request, that I get the timing right. I am thrilled that it all came together so well and thank you for the honor of bringing it all together and for your trust in me.

Marius Stankus · Married on 09/09/2019

Paulette was brilliant! She did probably even more than we expected!

Would recommend Paulette’s services any day! Can´t explain how perfect Paulette was from the beginning until the end of our wedding! We were from Europe and didn’t had a clue where to begin and what to do,to get married in Bahamas.
    She went well behind her duties in making our weedings so amazing.
    No only is she an absolute expert in weddings , but she is also such a warm, friendly and genuine person, she really cares about YOU and your special day and she always goes that extra mile for you. She doesn't just offer you a first class service, but also an extremely personal one, becoming a great friend in the process.
    As we talked after, Paulette,hope to see you soon and thank you again!
    Ugne & Marius

Sent on 10/10/2019

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you so very much and Iike you, I look forward to our continued friendship. I am truly happy you enjoyed your time and your wedding day. Thank you for trusting me.... I know that's not easy to do, especially with such an important time. See you again!!!

Nancy · Married on 06/29/2019

Highly Recommend!

I could never have gotten through my planning and the entire wedding week without Paulette. Within hours of submitting a request, she contacted me to set up a call. I explained to her my stress and overwhelmed feelings with planning. She was so sweet and immediately calmed me down and assured me that she'd help me through everything. She has such a kind gentle spirit, while at the same time being a go-getter and knowing how to get things done efficiently. Especially the week of the wedding, Paulette was there for everything I needed and even through the reception stayed as long as I needed her to. I am forever grateful for Paulette's services and would recommend her a million times over to anyone!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Nancy. It was a joy being a part of your wedding. You both have amazing families and friends.
    I hope that we will stay in touch and you will come back and visit again.
  • Katie

Katie Caballero · Married on 05/18/2019

Paulette and her staff made our wedding dream a reality!

Paulette came highly recommended to us by the best event company in Nassau. Paulette was able to take our vision of what we wanted for our wedding- Paulette was able to connect me with the best sources and vendors on the island: from cake, flowers, officiant, rehearsal dinner, music and venues. Paulette met us at our hotel to finalize the paperwork and took care of all the details. She handled all of the planning, preparation for our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. The day of the wedding, we felt so happy and relaxed. Paulette handled every single detail! Our ceremony at a private club was beautiful and intimate- Paulette and her assistants made sure that it was perfect. The cocktail hour followed by the reception were stunning- with so many small touches. Everything was on a time and without delay. As a bride, I didn't have to worry that I wasn't on site to make every selection or meet all the vendors. Paulette was able to schedule calls with me to go through all of the logistics and requirements, and make recommendations. When my family and I arrived, I was able to enjoy my time in the Bahamas, all of our guests commended that it was the best wedding they had been to, and I know it would not have happened without Paulette's expertise and experience and professionalism.

Sent on 08/21/2019

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Katie. Your words are warming and heartfelt. YOU.... were an amazing bride. Calm and easy to work with. Your family and friends all made it so much easier for us to do what we do. Thank you for your review. Until we see each other again...... here - or there.

Rylee · Married on 05/12/2019

Thank you!

There aren't even words to explain how grateful I am to have found Paulette and hired her to plan my ceremony. I was in Oregon and Paulette handled everything and we just showed up! The flowers were beautiful, the location was exactly what we wanted, but most importantly she made the process SO simple. Thank you Paulette for everything. Our day was beautiful and magical because of you. We will appreciate you forever!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Oh Rylee, Thank you. You both are amazing and we wish you so much happiness in your future. We are truly blessed that we have the opportunity to be of service to special people like you. You make my job a dream and after all these years keep me loving what I do. Stay happy and wonderful!!

Chantal Noble Haldorsen · Married on 01/26/2019

Fantastic - an absolute must!!

Paulette was absolutely incredible and we could not have pulled off our wedding without her help. She's responsive, organized, professional, detail oriented, kind, and has become a friend to us over the course of the last few months while planning our wedding together. We could not recommend this team more!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Chantal. It was such a pleasure and privilege to work with you and Henry. Your vision and style were beautiful. Your attitude towards the process and your kind spirit made it enjoyable for me and I am just so happy that you were both happy. Here's looking forward to the years to come.

Rob · Married on 09/01/2018

** READ THIS REVIEW ** We are an american couple from New Jersey and wanted to get married on the beach in Nassau, but not at a resort. We rented our own house in a private area and wanted to host it there. Only problem was, we knew nothing about planning a wedding 1,000 miles away! We did some research and found Paulette, and decided to fly down to Nassau and meet her in person. From that first meeting, we knew she was the planner for us. Booked her immeditaely (18 months ahead of time) and began working on the details. Let me tell you, Paulette know how to plan a wedding!! She guided us through every step of the way, and recommended things that we didnt even think of. On the day of the wedding, she was present to make sure things ran smoothly. We went with a catered lunch and dinner, both of which were AMAZING and everyone raved about how good the food was. We went with a live band, who Paulette booked personally, and THEY KEPT THE PARTY ROCKING ALL NIGHT LONG. Im not just saying that either... I am a musician and my friends are too, and they all loved the band. She got us a bouquet and bouteneers that were exactly what my bride wanted. She got the same flower arrangements for our table centerpieces too (which BTW she rented us a full set of tables, chairs, and arranged a lighting guy to light up our spot!!). For the ceremony we had a draped arch on the beach along with 50 folding chairs, enough for all our guests. Im telling you, I would not have been able to do this wedding without her. She was always in touch with us throughout the time leading up to the wedding, and making payments to her was super easy. Please, if you are getting married in the bahamas, dont try to tackle all the little things yourself. Save yourself the hassle and just sit back and let Paulette plan everything perfectly for you. Its the best wedding decision we made, hands down. Thank you Paulette!!!! Love, Rob & Rosana 9/1/2018

Sent on 09/13/2018

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Rob and Rosana, I am so late with thanking you for such a wonderful review. I do hope that you and your amazing amazing friends will be back. And I am waiting on some of those pictures.
    I love what I do and its because of couples like you. Thank you for trusting me... that's a big part of it. And thank you for coming with the attitude that it was about sharing a great time with the ones you love. You made it easier. Hugs -- until we meet again.

Alexander · Married on 04/15/2018

Paulette was on point with everything and made the impossible possible. It was never about the money with her, it was always about the service and making sure we were covered by being well prepared with all required documents that were needed to get married. She was also never pushy about the payment, she was just going with the flow and completely honest about each step. I deal with lots of people in business and I can tell you, that Paulette is one of the good people left in this world ! I highly recommend her because she won't disappoint you! Small or large budget she will treat you royally! Thank you Paulette

Sent on 05/25/2018

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Alexander! Thank you. Very kind words and they mean alot to me. It was an honor to help and be a part of making things happen for you and Lorraine. I wish you much happiness.

Tara · Married on 04/14/2018

Paulette is amazing! She was our day of coordinator and was super helpful leading up to the wedding, ensuring everything was taken care of. Paulette has a very calm demeanor and made sure I was comfortable and taken care of throughout the entire event. I am SO happy Paulette was there on our big day. Everything thing was perfect! Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/18/2018

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Tara you are too kind. As you know it was such a pleasure. You made my work easy and you made it enjoyable. I loved being a part of your day and wish you both so much happiness.

Latoya · Married on 04/06/2018

Thank you Paulette for helping us plan our destination wedding!!! I have nothing but great things to say. She was always so helpful and responsive. At our actual ceremony and rehearsal, everything was so well orchestrated. She made sure everything was done to perfection, she listens and goes above and beyond. Thank you so much for coordinating such a beautiful ceremony and for helping with all of the tedious things involved with planning a catholic wedding. I highly recommend Paulette, worth every penny!!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Latoya. Your gentile spirit was beautiful to work with. I love small intimate family celebrations of love and you and your family allowed me to share in that again. I hope we will see you again.

Regina · Married on 11/09/2017

Paulette and her team did a amazing job, everything I wanted! So very pleased!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Gina, I think you realize how much we enjoyed sharing these very special moments with you both. I hope your visit is longer one day.

Ken · Married on 11/07/2017

On November 7th, 2017 we celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary at Goodman's Bay in Nassau and Paulette and her team exceeded our expectations.

A year and a half ago I began my communications from Canada with Paulette in Nassau. Paulette was quick to reply to literally dozens of emails over the last eighteen months and when we finally met her and her team it was like reuniting with family.

We told Paulette what we had in mind for our ceremony and she took care of everything, from transportation, flowers, photography, videography, to location, minister, music and some beautiful extras like a sand ceremony.

We were only ported in Nassau for one day from a cruise ship, but everything flowed perfectly as planned. Paulette is very accommodating and will bend over backwards to make your special day the one of your dreams.

Thank you Paulette and Amour Affairs!!

Sincerely,

The Rogers Family

Sent on 11/30/2017

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

What kind words. I do believe that you know that Reg and I felt like we were really a part of this special time. Sometimes people don't understand when I say that I love ceremonies that are small and so personal. Thank you for allowing us the honor to witness your families love.

Jaclyn · Married on 10/30/2017

Paulette was amazing. I cannot say enough good things about her. She made the entire planning process and day of so easy and stress free. I would highly recommend Paulette to anyone!!!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Andrea · Married on 10/30/2017

My daughter Jaclyn always knew that her wedding would be in Nassau Bahamas as we spent every Christmas and lots of summers there. Planning any wedding is challenging but a destination wedding for over 100 people can be daunting.
    On my first fact finding trip to Nassau one name kept being mentioned. Everyone said if you want to enjoy this process and know that everything will be taken care of then you must meet Paulette at Amour Affairs.
    I called Paulette and she met with me that afternoon. She was early, organized but for me the deciding factor was that you could tell she genuinely loves what she does.
    Paulette knows everyone on the island, she has an excellent reputation with all the venues management, which goes a long way on a small island.
    Paulette also responded very quickly to all my questions and concerns she provided me with choices for everything from the decor vendors to string quartets, steelpan player, DJ’s and limo services in all price points.
    Most of the guest stayed at the Atlantis and other private rentals on Paradise Island, Paulette managed all the transportation for all the events planned ( which was no small feat).
    The ceremony was held at the Cloisters, Paradise Island followed by the reception at Luciano’s on Nassau.
    The morning of the wedding Paulette arrived at the home we rented she was so organized and so focused, I knew I could just leave it all in her hands and enjoy this perfect day with my daughter.
    Everything was perfect, Paulette’s staff was everywhere. They were at both venues, at the hotels making sure all the guests get on buses, at the grooms rental home...
    Needless to say Paulette was invaluable to my family both through the planning process and especially the day of. I know for sure this day would not have been perfect had it not been for Paulette Davis and her staff at Amour Affairs.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Let's do it again!!! I loved every minute of it. Thank you for so many kind words. We made a great team.
    Love to all of you

Sylwia · Married on 09/19/2017

What an amazing wedding we had orgenised by Paullete Davis and her company !!! From the first email to the day of our wedding all perfect organised and felt like we knew us for years. If you want a simple weeding or big celebration she is the lady !!!! We had the best time of our life and never forget getting martied between 4 hurricanes around. What an amazing lady couldn't make a better choice !!!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Lee · Married on 09/16/2017

Amour affairs is the real deal! She doea Amazing Work!!! Made our wedding day a breeze and unforgettable. The photos and videos turned out so AMAZING! I would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a wedding planner. She exceeded all expectations. ABSOULUTE BEST!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Kenise · Married on 04/29/2017

Paulette was certainly a dream to work with. Being confused and unsure about what I actually wanted, Paulette was able to steer me in the right direction and was able to help me plan the wedding of my dreams! She was great and very sweet!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Kenise. It was a pleasure to be a part of your day.

Alessia · Married on 01/07/2017

Paulette was absolutely amazing! She made my day worry free and run smoothly. She handled the whole day with professionalism even when one of our uncles pulled a prank on my groom. I had no idea anything had happened. She helped make my wedding unique and memorable. My guests are still talking about our wedding. Thank you so much for everything you did for our wedding!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Victoria · Married on 11/11/2016

Working with Paulette was amazing. She was able to problem solve and give great ideas. I think what might have been helpful to start was a check list of sorts but Paulette kept me on track the whole time.

Sent on 11/23/2016

Kristine · Married on 09/01/2016

If you want the best then you want Amour Affairs. Paulette goes out of her way to make sure you get exactly what you want. From the Pastor to the Photographer to the stunning flowers and delicious cake, she made it all come true. We celebrated a renewal of our vows after 15yrs and Paulette made it unforgettable. We are still talking about our beach wedding renewal and always will.

Sent on 11/23/2016
  • Jennifer & Patrick

Patrick · Married on 07/27/2016

If you are reading these comments, like we were not too long ago, then please let me give you some advice to save you time and just ask you to stop now and simply email Paulette. Our initial email was an obsessive list of 40+ questions that she very quickly responded to with very thorough answers. Honestly, just stop now and email Paulette, then continue reading…
    This amazing and powerful super-woman has tremendous experience, profound insight, and long-lasting relationships with all the top professional vendors. Regardless of how big of a perfectionist you are, how much anxiety you might have, how obsessive compulsive or controlling you might be, how large or small of an event you are planning, Paulette will absolutely astound you beyond anything you could ever possibly dream or imagine. The absolute best decision of our lives was choosing Paulette Davis at Amour Affairs. I am typically an articulate individual but lack the appropriate words to encapsulate the pure splendor, the immense joy, the highest admiration, the deep love that we have for her. Do not waste your time or money standing in line for the amusement park style resort packaged wedding planners, do not risk using anyone less than the absolute best. The greatest wedding advice we could ever give is to get Paulette on your team. From our initial email to now she has gone from someone we initially considered to be our wedding planner to someone we now consider to be family. She is a powerful guardian angel, a magical fairy god-mother, and a wedding planning superhero that you will be humbled by and absolutely honored to have on your side. We cannot endorse her highly enough to proportionately honor the effort, the work, the service she has performed for us.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

I responded to you in private but you have said so much more here. I love the things i get to do to earn a living. I love the great people I meet and work with. Sometimes its different and some people touch my heart and tug a little more. Patrick we laughed about your long emails with your concerns and then you finally trusted me - and i thank you for that. I know it is not easy to do. I am happy to be part of your family and look forward to seeing and sharing time with you again. Much love - from my heart.

Kristina · Married on 04/25/2016

We had the best wedding day we could wish for thanks to our wonderful wedding planner Paulette. From the start she has been amazing, helping with every little detail till the actual wedding day. We can't thank her enough for making our special day perfect. Would strongly recommend if you are planning a wedding in Bahamas.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Thank you Kristina, it was a joy to work with you on your plans!

Diane · Married on 04/16/2016

Paulette was very responsive and helpful. She was also understanding and flexible when I changed my mind on some of the details. I'm so glad we decided to hire Paulette to help with our details. It made our wedding day stress-free and fun.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Paulette at Amour Affairs could not have been more delightful to work with on the renewal of our vows. The experience exceeded our expectations in every way.

Sent on 05/19/2016

Kim · Married on 03/03/2016

With our busy lives, when we decided to get married I had no clue where to go or who to trust in helping with our plans.
    I inquired to a few places, Paulette answered my inquiry immediately. (Some I never got an answer from at all). With emails flying back and forth I managed to figure out a date, not an easy task with grown children and work schedules.
    Once we got that set, Paulette was wonderful in making all our dreams come true. Though we were only going to have our kids with us, friends got word and decided to join us. Paulette was wonderful at giving me ideas and more than accommodating on anything I wanted. Very patient with our changes, always kind and helpful.
    We had a small intimate ceremony on the beach with dinner set up only a few feet away. Steel drums for local flare, fabulous dinner and service. Everyone had a blast! I did not have to worry about anything, Paulette took care of it all down to the littlest detail.
    We have to mention that none of us are cake eaters, the cake she had made was so delicious that my husband ate 2 pieces and was looking for more. None of us ever had a cake so tasty.
    My only regret is that our children will also be getting married, one in New York, the other in California and Paulette won’t be there to take care of things. I do have people helping out, but none of them compare to Paulette’s kindness and expertise.
    If anyone is considering getting married in Nassau, Paulette is the person to go to.
    We had a magical wedding coordinated by a very special lady.
    I cannot thank her enough for making our dreams come true.
    We love you Paulette.

Sent on 05/23/2016

Bahamas Wedding Planner's reply:

Ok Kim - you had to touch my old heart again! Thank you for your kind words - I am so blessed to have such wonderful people come in my life---- and i know that you will remain here!! See you again!