Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema Reviews

Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 6
Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 7

Kate Valerio · Married on 11/08/2018

Amie is amazing!

Amie was a complete joy to work with. From the moment we Skyped with her before our wedding through our ceremony, she put us both at total ease. Amie was an incredible resource to make our November wedding such a wonderful event. Her easy-going nature and humor kept us laughing and took away all the stress leading up to the wedding. Her pictures are amazing and she made us both feel like we were naturals at taking photos instead of the awkwardness usually felt at staged photos. Amie was so accommodating and we can’t thank her enough for her amazing work on our budget.

11/8/18- Kate & Bill

Sent on 04/11/2019
    Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 8
    Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 9

Julia · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

Amie and her husband/assistant, Jake, were so much fun to work with at our Long Beach Island wedding this September! I had a million questions while looking for a photographer (and even more in the weeks leading up to the wedding) and they were courteous and quick to respond, leaving me feeling incredibly confident in their abilities.
    Working with them on the wedding day was so easy and kept us all feeling relaxed. She gave great direction for the posed photos, but was awesome about letting us do some specific sentimental and goofy shots, and then blended into the background during the reception and got some incredible candids. Going through the photos (which she got to us super fast!) it was great to see all of the shots that she set up while we were busy getting ready, like photos of our vows and invitations, that we didn't even know she had done.
    We cannot thank her enough and highly recommend Amie if you are looking for a photographer!!

Sent on 11/03/2018
    Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 10

Julia · Married on 08/12/2017

Amie and her husband were truly wonderful to work with! They were incredibly flexible and responsive with our requests throughout the planning process, and made us feel comfortable taking photos. They were creative and fun, capturing both posed and candid moments, but were nonintrusive in their manner so that it didn't feel like we were with the paparazzi! We LOVE the images and had so much fun taking pictures - I would highly recommend them. I would also like to recommend the photobooth, which was a huge hit at our wedding! People had a blast putting on the props and striking poses, and Jake helped capture some truly hysterical moments. Thank you both for making our day - and for capturing it so that we can continue to relive it!

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 11
    Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 12
    Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 13
    Amie Schroeder Photography & Cinema 14

Jackie · Married on 05/26/2017

We used Amie for our wedding in may as well as for engagement pictures last October. I can not rave about her enough! Not only are her pictures absolutely stunning, she and her hubby are just so lovely to work with! I wish I could do it all over again just to work with her again! We received our photos in a very timely manner and she was always very quick to respond with any questions or concerns. If you want bridal magazine worthy photos shot by your new best friend pick Amie, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Margaret · Married on 11/11/2016

I can't say enough wonderful things about Amie! She brought such great energy to our day and made us feel so comfortable taking photos. We used her services for cinema, photo booth and photography and we're so glad we did! We price shopped a lot, and the value for this bundle of services was very fair. From the time the ceremony started right through the reception, we hardly noticed Amie and her team. The photos we got back were incredibly beautiful candid moments that just really captured our day! She was super flexible about moving around to several locations and was an absolute pleasure to work with! She brings along amazing and fun photo booth props as well --including a T-Rex which made for some hilarious photos our guests loved!

Sent on 12/27/2016
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 07/23/2016

Amie was our photographer for our engagement pictures in Philadelphia. We loved our pictures and so did our friends and family. She was so easy to work with and took more pictures than we could have imagined. I would definitely recommend Amie to anyone in the Philadelphia area!

Sent on 10/20/2015

The best decision we made throughout our whole planning process was choosing Amy and Jake. They made us feel so comfortable and natural, not forced, on our wedding day and I'm pretty sure they had as much fun as we did. I'd choose them a million times over; we absolutely loved their whole team!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Mary Kate · Married on 10/09/2015

Amie is amazing!! She loves her work and that shines through in all of her photographs. When my husband and I were wedding planning, we both knew that an amazing photographer was a priority for us, because we wanted wedding pictures that truly expressed us and our relationship. We met Amie one afternoon, and left knowing that she was the one who would capture our memories on our special day. She's so easy going and up for anything, and photographs you in a relaxed way that isn't too posed. Our engagement photos captured our personalities and the fun we had that day, and we cannot wait to see our wedding photographs!

Sent on 11/12/2015
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/29/2015

Amie was amazing! She worked with every request we had. We opted out of an engagement shoot. As a result we asked to meet an additional time as we were not both present when we first met her. My fiance was not comfortable with being photographed so I thought it would help for him to meet her to get more comfortable. He was so glad we did. Amie is the type of person that is just easy to be around. When our wedding day came she was there capturing everything. I did not want a pose centered sort of feel and neither of us wanted a camera in our face all night. She captured the day just as it was happening. We did a first look and at the end of the day, I realized that may have been the only time I remembered seeing a camera. I couldn't have a asked for a better match.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Scott · Married on 09/06/2014

Amie and Jake were just outstanding to work with and exceeded our expectations in every way imaginable. My wife and I can never seem to take great photos on our own #selfiefail... but Amie managed to make us look like pro's. The way Amie and Jake are makes working with them all that much easier "Steak & Eggs". Amie is just outstanding, her energy, enthusiasm and up-beat personality helped to shed our nervous energy resulting in amazing smiles. Amie knew the shots we wanted and made sure they came out great. She was fantastic. On a beach with temperatures in the 90's we managed to get 30 family members together in separate pictures and couldn't have done it without her running the show.

From the beginning of the process we felt like Amie and Jake invested the time to get know us and made the event all about us. They worked seamlessly with all of our vendors and created so many amazing shots that we look forward to sharing for a lifetime. The Photo Booth was also amazing and highly recommend it to couple who want to have a binder of photos that will make you laugh so hard you'll cry.. We couldn't have asked for anything better.. What are you waiting for? Book them..

Scott & Shannon
    SV2
    9.6.14

Sent on 10/14/2014

Nicole · Married on 08/23/2014

Amie was great! First off, she traveled all the way to Baltimore to do our engagement photos with no issues or extra charge. And they came out awesome! Secondly, she did an amazing job with her husband on the day of. They were on time, super excited about the photos during, and best of all, not in the way of the guests! I cannot wait till our pictures are ready! If you are considering Amie, BOOK HER! You will not regret it and she is a great value for the quality of service!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Melissa · Married on 09/07/2013

When booking our photographer we did a ton of research on who we were going to work with. We didn’t want typical, cookie-cutter wedding photos that we have seen time and time again. We wanted our photos to be modern and unique, so it was important to us to find someone who had a more contemporary style. I can honestly say we made the BEST choice by going with Amie and Jake! It’s very obvious that they both love what they do and it really shows in their work. From our first meeting to our engagement session and especially the day of our wedding, they made the entire process so much fun and very comfortable. They were helpful and professional and we were sad to see them go at the end of the night. Our pictures came out beyond AMAZING!!! Everyone who has seen them raves about how beautiful, different and stunningly unique they are! They chose the coolest locations to shoot and captured everyone and every detail beautifully.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Meghan and Timothy · Married on 06/28/2013

Amie and Jake are an amazing team! Their work is visionary and creative. We loved working with them and Amie always responded to my emails so promptly. I think Amie's true talent lies in her ability to capture people as they really are. I never felt pressured to "put on a smile" during my wedding day, which allowed me enjoy each moment with genuine expressions.

My husband and I were so nervous about the engagement shoot, but Amie made that day one of my favorite memories during our engagement. Our pictures turned out so great at Longwood Gardens and we received tons of compliments from everyone that got to see them. I love that we have that memory captured forever.

The wedding day went fantastic! Amie and Jake captured every detail and were so professional to work with. I could relax knowing that they knew which shots we wanted. Amie was so flexible with the rainy weather and gathering our large bridal party together for pictures during the cocktail hour. She has a wonderful sense of humor that is incredible to work with. Our online wedding gallery was great. We are so happy with the wonderful job she and her husband did to capture the memories of our big day. Now, the hard part is choosing which photos to put in our album!!!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Raynor · Married on 05/04/2013

I don't even know where to start with Amie and Jake - absolutely phenomenal from start to finish. Amie truly engaged in the subject matter (us), and I felt like she wanted to not only perform her job well, but get to know us as a couple. We had an absolute BLAST with her, both in planning the shots we wanted and in our wedding itself. She's fun, relaxed, and has a great artistic eye, always looking for unique and fun photos that capture the relationship and love. Her sense of humor and cheerfulness made even the most mundane part of the wedding photography shoot enjoyable... and then, when the wedding kicked off, I barely noticed her at all! She and Jake didn't follow us around too closely or infringe on intimate moments - like all great photographers, they were able to be discreet and capture those moments in their natural setting. Just great work and great people all around. I'd HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who wants to laugh naturally and relax on their wedding day.

Sent on 05/14/2013

Stephanie · Married on 10/12/2012

I hired Amie and Jake for cinematography. I met Jake first and after talking to him it was evident that this is a passion and he has a great time doing it. They were both extremely professional the day of. They were there capturing every moment but my guests had no idea and even I forgot. Communicating with them was extremely easy, they always got back to me in a timely manner and answered every question. I am so happy I chose them for my big day!

Sent on 10/29/2012
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · event on 07/28/2012

We were SO lucky to have Amie and her husband photograph our engagement party!
    I love the photo journalistic approach, along with black and white photos, and Amie definitely specializes in both! We haven't stopped looking at our pictures since they day she sent them to us :)
    We are having a destination wedding, so our engagement party was the only time we would be able to celebrate with all our family and friends. We wanted a truly amazing photographer to capture this once in a lifetime event in our lives. On top of that, we had a "Night in Havana" theme and many different details to go along with it. Amie and her husband were there early to make sure they captured every single detail and the pictures truly show all the hard work we put into each one.
    She took such AMAZING action shots of us and our friends dancing, we love them all. We had so much fun reliving the night through her pictures! Above everything, She is such a sweet person and really an absolute pleasure to work with. We look forward to having her and her husband at future important events in our lives!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Jessica · Married on 07/27/2012

Amie and Jake were wonderful and professional. I could not have asked for anything better from a photographer and videographer. Our family and friends have been completely blown away by the engagement photos, wedding photos, and wedding trailer. We can't wait to get the full video and have no doubts that it will be amazing!

Sent on 10/14/2012

Sierra · Married on 06/22/2012

Amie, Jake, and their team are absolutely amazing at what they do and are fantastic to work with throughout the entire process. The photos and video are truly incredible and my husband and I will cherish those memories forever. Amie and Jake are so easy to work with and are wonderful people. They truly understand that weddings are about two people being in love and they ensure that all of the love and happiness of the big day shine in their work. We are so happy we found Amie Schroeder on Wedding Wire! We can't wait to get the album and full videos - our family and friends couldn't stop raving about their beautiful work!

Sent on 09/01/2012

erica · Married on 05/19/2012

Hands down the best vendor we worked with!! We love Amie Schroeder Photography and would definitely recommend them again & again!

Sent on 09/10/2012

Sara · Married on 04/21/2012

Amie and Jake are great! They were so easy to work with and professional. I loved my pictures and Jake's videos are AMAZING. Seriously, if you don't think you need a videographer check out Jake's work. He will change your mind. His videos capture the day perfectly! And it's like watching a music video, so cool! Highly recommend both of them.

Sent on 09/11/2012
  • Aimee

Aimee · Married on 03/30/2012

I just finished looking at my online gallery (again) and can't help but smile. Amie captured such wonderful moments and it truly brings me back to that exact place and time. I haven't received our cinematography just yet, but I bet it's going to be awesome.

Amie and Jake are super easy to work with and at the end of our wedding I was sad to see them go. They really let you just be you, and when I asked for direction (bc that's just me), Amie was able to provide it without any problem. Amie was responsive to all my inquiries and requests. Aside from the photos being lovely, both Amie and Jake (and their team) make you feel very comfortable.

Most photos were the journalistic approach, but we also added in some traditional portraits. Lots of scenic shots at the Asbury Park Boardwalk and Paramount Theatre - I'm a Jersey girl and to have those professional shots with me forever is wonderful. Amie and Jake captured the day, but also all the emotions behind it.

They're super cool and you'll have a great time with them!

Sent on 05/05/2012

Chelsea · Married on 02/04/2012

I LOVE my wedding photos, and my video is AMAZING. Amie & Jake are so great to work with, and so talented. They took the time to scout out locations prior to my wedding day, and found awesome spots. My photos and video truly are one of a kind, and I couldnt be happier with them!

Sent on 09/02/2012

Scarlett · Married on 12/30/2011

Meeting Amie and Jake (they’re married and have the most adorable children) one snowy February night at Small World in Princeton, Rhett and I knew that they were the ones. They radiated warmth, personality, but above all, professionalism. We were blown away by their sample lay-flat photo albums and range displayed in their online portfolio. We instantly clicked with their documentary sensibility, plus the couples in all of their photos look effortlessly amazing which is the true mark of a good photographer!

No detail is lost on Amie and that’s key when you’re being pulled in a million different directions on your wedding day. Fear not: she or Jake will capture that candid moment and give you tons of photos to ooohhh and ahhh over. And your friends and family will rave about that “cute photographer couple” who dance and pose with guests. Amie isn’t into cheesy poses or over-directing her shoots. Jake is so quiet and stealthy, you don’t even realize he’s taking your photo half the time and wham! He nails some awesome shots. Working with both Amie and Jake for our “mandatory” engagement session – which totally makes sense, by the way, since it affords the opportunity to get comfortable with your wedding photogs – meant we knew we’d be in good hands for our wedding day.

If you want poignant, slightly artsy but not super editorial shots that allow you and your spouse to really shine, Amie Schroeder Photography is a no-brainer. From pre-ceremony through all moments, big and small, you’ll walk away with a fully-documented wedding that tells a story. We couldn’t have asked for a more amazing day and we’re so pleased we got to share it with Amie and Jake.

Sent on 01/27/2012

nick · Married on 10/22/2011

Aime was fantastic. The photos we absolutely amazing. She was so great to work with and really made our day so memorable. She was incredibly fast and gave us copies of our photos so quickly. I believe within a few weeks (It was a year ago so my memory might be a little fuzzy on the timeframe). She is so talented and creative. Hire her immediately!

I will recommend her for the rest of my life.

Nick Murphy

Sent on 08/31/2012

Alyson · Married on 09/17/2011

I only wish you could give more stars! Amie and Jake were incredibly easy and tons of fun to work with! Amie and Jake (and their second shooters) were like stealth photographers. I didn't see them the entire ceremony (and neither did my guests), yet we have fabulous photos/video.

The photos were wonderful, and we'll treasure them forever. We've gotten tons of compliments on them. Our video had family members crying and laughing. One friend described us as "rock stars" after seeing our wedding trailer. Getting the video was possibly the best decision we made.

I would absolutely recommend working with Amie and Jake! They are professional, personable, fun, and incredibly talented.

Sent on 08/30/2012