220 Reviews for Ambient DJ Service

Photobooth (5)
Flat Screen (2)
Projector (2)
Karaoke (1)

I worked with Gregg Holman and Luke Rizzo (DJ) both of whom were absolutely outstanding. Both were so quick to address concerns and questions. Luke had wonderful taste in music, kept the dance floor rolling the whole night, and had all of my relatives and friends dancing and having a wonderful time. He was receptive to requests from everyone and I urge you to make this hire - these people are the best and I can’t thank them enough.

Profile Picture Thillai, 9/15/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot thank DJ AQ and Ambient DJ Services enough! They were so wonderful to work with and we are so happy we hired them for our wedding! DJ AQ met with us before the event and calmed every concern we had and was so nice and professional. He was ready to make sure this was the best day ever for us. During the event, people danced the night away and I had absolutely no concerns with the music because we made such a great choice in DJ AQ!! Thank you so much for making it the best day ever!

Profile Picture Erik, 8/4/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We had Chris (DJ Spinz) for our June wedding and were as pleased as could be with every aspect of what he did for us. He met with us for over an hour on a Saturday one month ahead to go over the main planning document and how to think about all of our choices. He was was very responsive both before and after the meeting, answering every question we had. We had a few of our own, very specific music and introduction requests, which he fully accommodated and handled flawlessly on our wedding day. And he's a really nice guy! We really enjoyed our time working with Chris, and he enhanced our day and helped to make it the special, memorable day that it was for us. Having the ability to request so many songs and customizations was a definite benefit, as well.

Also, in speaking and e-mailing with the owner of the business, Gregg, we experienced all of the same - professionalism, accommodation, very quick responses, and enthusiasm for what he does. You can't ask for a more professional or prepared company to handle your event (especially wedding reception). It's no wonder why Nassau Inn works with and recommends Ambient, too!

Huge thanks to Chris and Gregg!

Profile Picture Anita, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Ambient DJ was perfect for our wedding! We worked with DJ AQ (Alain). He was very responsive, and worked with us to help us celebrate the way we wanted to! He played awesome tunes throughout the cocktail hour and dinner and kept people dancing all night long. He was also very flexible with impromptu speeches and games=). Definitely recommend! Leading up to event he checked in with us several times and worked directly with the venue for most logistics, making planning easier on us.

Profile Picture Camille, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Luke is an excellent DJ, he would love to do what customers want; He is very up to date and good resource for his customers!

Profile Picture mina, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Gregg Nice absolutely crushed it for our wedding!! My (now) wife and I had so much fun & Gregg was a HUGE part of why. He played all the music we asked + additional tracks that fit right in with our theme. Thanks so much, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Stephen, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Dear Mike Bacon, Eric and I want to say; We/everyone had a tremendous great time at our wedding. You really did a great job. Our families and friends cannot stop talking about our wedding and how much fun they had. We lost track of the number of people who raved about your DJ skills. Thank you for allowing us to personalized our music exactly how we wanted. Thank you for making our wedding the best part of our lives.

Photo for Ambient DJ Service Review - Dancing with my Second generation lil cousin
Profile Picture Michel, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We would recommend Ambient DJ Service to anyone looking for DJ in the tri-state area. From our initial discussions with Gregg to our wedding day experience with Mike Bacon, it was one of the easiest and most enjoyable parts of planning our wedding. Ambient was reasonable, flexible, and provided a great atmosphere for our wedding. Mike, especially was incredibly flexible, willing to answer any and all questions (and offer suggestions if we were really stumped) and accommodated all of our needs (and there were MANY!).

Most importantly, they set a wonderful mood for the day of our wedding. From the more mellow music choices during the ceremony itself to the party atmosphere of the wedding itself, Ambient was able to really capture their feel of our personalities and still appealed to our wedding crowd at large (the perfect mix of old and new). Most importantly, the dance floor was never empty!

Couples: Do yourself a favor and go with Ambient for your wedding entertainment needs!

Profile Picture Jason, 4/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gregg Ambient was a fantastic DJ for our April 2018 wedding. We were looking for a DJ comfortable with Jewish weddings who was going to make this feel like a wedding and not a gimmicky Bar Mitzvah. From the get-go, Gregg was extremely easy to work with and we were on the same page about our hopes for the day. He was extremely professional. His DJ forms were extensive and covered everything from whether we wanted a bouquet toss, to parent dances, games, must-play and don't-play etc. He didn't judge us, push us, or mind at all when we decided not to have any games, bouquet toss, line dances, etc. We ended up making our own document outlining our music choices and run of show including a Spotify playlist of some of the Jewish songs, and he was happy to work with what we gave him. He played nearly every single song we requested (we told him he didn't have to play every one of them) and not a single song or style of music from our 'don't play' list was played. He brought a second DJ with him to help out, but didn't charge us for that.

Working with Gregg couldn't have been better. It was easy to arrange time on the phone with him in advance and he was great the day-of. In addition to being extremely responsive during our wedding, he really didn't steal any attention or make the show about him. Three-quarters of the way through the reception, I realized I wanted to dance with my grandfather and when I asked him for a slower song to do that, he played it as soon as the current song ended. One thing I appreciated the most was that the morning of the wedding, he handled all of the set up without coming to us with any questions. If he had questions or needed something from the venue, he handled it professionally without coming to me or my husband, which was one less thing for us to worry about since we didn't have a day-of planner. Gregg also didn't try to upsell us on anything like lights or photobooth - rare for this industry! Fair prices and a great experience.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 4/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Gregg was an awesome DJ. He was very flexible and accommodating when it came to meeting with us to talk about the wedding. He kept everyone dancing all night long. We had a blast. Thank you, Gregg!!

Profile Picture Jenna, 4/13/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't speak highly enough about DJ Gregg and Ambient DJ Service. A colleague of mine recommended DJ Gregg from having seen his work at several functions. My husband and I had initial reservations about hiring a DJ because we were planning a very small, intimate wedding in an old converted farm barn with a mix of ages and a lot of guests who were elderly. Classic, simple, rustic and subdued was the theme of our wedding. Gregg totally delivered - from meeting us at the venue, suggesting an equipment setup that worked in multi-floors and rooms, easing our worries, making suggestions on music and accommodating us on our music choices and volume level. We received several compliments from both our guests and the staff at the venue. Everything was tasteful and classic, fitting right into the vibe we wanted. Take it from this bride who planned a wedding in six weeks, look no further and hire Ambient DJ, you won't be disappointed! P.S. If you're looking for the entire pomp and circumstance of lively dancing, MC and upbeat music, I've seen videos, DJ Gregg and his crew are awesome at that too!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

3-24-18 We loved working Gregg! We had a very hard time finding anyone to answer us in a timely manner. But right from the start he was quick to answer any questions we had. Gregg helped us plan out our the night perfectly. He kept the party going and made sure everyone was having a great time. Our venue was a different set up and he made it work! His poor legs were probably very tired going up and down those steps so much. :) we would recommend Gregg to everyone we know for any kind of party!

Profile Picture Alyson , 2/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Gregg and the Ambient team are AWESOME!. I met Gregg a few years ago at my cousins wedding where he had the dance floor packed all night long. SInce then, Gregg and his team have DJ'd our medical practice's holiday party every year. I have never met another vendor so easy to work with, meets all of your needs , is reliable and keeps the dance floor moving. M ost recently, I reached out to Gregg to volunteer his time at a benefit for a co-worker, within two minutes of sending the email about the benefit I received an email back from Gregg that he would be there without question. Ambient DJ and Gregg are class acts. Five Stars are not enough!

Profile Picture Caroline, 1/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Gregg and the Ambient team are seriously amazing! My wife and I got married this past Saturday (11/25/17) in Stone Harbor and DJ Gregg had the dance floor going from start to finish. From the first meeting with him, he had us feeling very confident that we made the right choice. He will walk through song selections, style, genre preferences and ask how he should handle requests. DJ Gregg truly understands the idea that the reception should be fun and for the wedding guests. Also, whatever you do, make sure you add Joe for your event. He is amazing on the sax and was perfect during the cocktail hour. He even joins in with the sax and live singing for a few of the songs during the reception. We had so many guests come up to us after the wedding to say how much they loved DJ Gregg and Joe! We even managed to get them to stay an extra hour because we didn't want the party to end! I can't say enough about Gregg, Joe, and the whole Ambient team. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Andy, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough about Gregg. He did an amazing job for our wedding a week ago. He showed up early for set up and had everything ready to go on schedule. The ceremony and cocktail hour were wonderful, and the reception was PERFECT. He played all the music we wanted, didnt play the music we hated, and kept the energy going the entire time. We got SO MANY compliments from our guests about the music and dancing. We can't thank him enough for helping to create the wedding of our dreams. Thanks so much Gregg!!

Profile Picture Krissy, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are very happy that we worked with DJ Gregg for our wedding. He provided the ceremony and reception music as well as the uplighting for the reception. After our initial consultation, he sent us a link to an online database where we got to select our "must play", "maybe play", and "do not play" songs. Afterwards, we had a follow up consultation to review the selections. Our playlist included some nontraditional songs (e.g., covers and non-English songs), and Gregg was careful to play the correct versions on our big day. He also made sure that he could correctly pronounce all of our wedding party member's names for the introductions. During the reception, he served as a fun and lively emcee/DJ who coordinated well with our wedding venue and our other vendors. My friends who do not usually dance were dancing the entire night. We would highly recommend DJ Gregg to other couples in the NJ area.

Profile Picture Amy, 5/27/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

My wife and I got married on 10/15/17, and we are so happy that we booked Gregg for our wedding. From our planning sessions (in which he generously offered to come to our home, saving us travel time) to the day of, he was a consummate professional — easy to work with, incredibly accommodating, responsive to requests and a clear communicator. Gregg worked with us to design the music for our ceremony and reception that fit our tastes as a couple and that our guests also loved. We cannot recommend Gregg more highly.

Profile Picture Timothy, 10/15/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Gregg was our DJ for our Friday the 13th Halloween themed wedding and he was phenomenal! He was so kind and accommodating for all our meetings prior to the big day and seemed to be so organized and together with keeping track of everything for us. He worked with us on everything we wanted and made the day fantastic! He provided music for our whole day and I especially love how he even got into the feel of the theme and added some sound effects to the music. It was also very special to me how Gregg was sure to include all of our children in the ammocements for our reception. My husband and I got compliments from our guests of all ages about how great the music was and how awesome they thought our DJ was. Both of us were so happy to work with Gregg. My sister-in-law had another DJ from ambient DJ at her wedding and he was what made us chose to go with ambient DJ for our own wedding. Couldn’t ask for a better expirence!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/13/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My husband and I could not be happier with our experience with Ambient. We worked directly with Mike Bacon and he gave us exactly what we wanted. He made me feel completely stress free when it came to knowing our wedding would be a great time. All of our guests loved the music Mike played the entire night. He truly made our wedding night amazing!

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were thoroughly impressed with Gregg as our DJ. We were so glad that we had not chosen someone else to handle this job. He ensured that the music plan we mutually agreed upon was followed as promised. His skill and attention to detail allowed him to adjust from the plan seamlessly as needed. He also handled a celebrity appearance flawlessly. He kept the tempo and spirit of the evening appropriate to the different stages of the reception. We wholeheartedly recommend Ambient DJ's for any special event.

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Gregg was simply amazing. He kept the party going and kept the dancers dancing which is exactly what we wanted for our wedding. I can't thank him enough for editing the requests and making our night everything we'd dreamed of. My husband and I even practiced our first dance before the guests came into the ballroom - he played our song over and over until we felt comfortable.

Gus and Toni were super fun at the photobooth which kept all the kids and a lot of the adults busy! I loved the special template they created for our pictures, it really made us feel special. I'd recommend Ambient DJ in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Jaime, 9/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Iron Mike provided us with exceptional DJ service this past Friday night at our daughter and son-in-law's wedding. He met with the newlyweds before the wedding for a good 1 1/2 hours to go over music and other essentials. He accepted songs from all of us and wove them into the party, either for music while people were eating and for dancing. Mike got the party going with introductions of the the bride, groom, parents and wedding party to great music clips. After the toasts, he got the party roaring with a long hora and diverse, high energy music from hip-hop, rap, classic rock, disco and electric genres, that had everyone up dancing and singing. We give DJ Iron Mike and Ambient DJ Service our highest recommendation!

Profile Picture Gerald, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ IRON MIKE MADE OUR WEDDING AMAZING! Words can not describe how great DJ Iron Mike of Ambient DJs was at our wedding. Hands down, the best choice. Mike was knowledgable and patient while we made decisions on song choice (for first dance, intros, etc) leading up to the wedding. The day of the wedding he set up lighting that was PERFECT and transformed our reception space. During the reception, Mike was literally better than we could have ever thought. The dance floor was packed all night and two of my engaged friends want to book him for their weddings coming up next year. The next day at the brunch, Mike and his wife stopped by and our WHOLE PARTY BURST OUT CHEERING FOR HIM.If I ever throw another party, DJ Iron Mike of Ambient DJs will be my first choice. He made our wedding amazing and we are so so grateful. Thank you, DJ Iron Mike!! Jess and Justin (7-8-17)

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Ambient DJ Services was INCREDIBLE! We dealt with Greg Lambiase aka DJ Greg Nice throughout the entire process and we could not have been more pleased with the experience. Greg really takes the time to get to the know client and learn about their lives and interests, and it definitely made the process go smoother and made us more comfortable to know that he wants to know as much about us as possible so he can tailor his performances to be more personal. He really made it seem like we were not just another client. On the night of our wedding, DJ GREG KILLED IT! He played all the songs we wanted to hear and none of the songs we did not want to hear. He was also very responsive when someone was injured at the event, making an announcement to the room that a doctor was needed. 4 medical professionals at the wedding immediately responded and we were able to get the guest the attention he needed. This incident also led to us asking Greg to move some songs around because certain ones were for certain times and for about an hour the party slowed down due to the incident. He recognized the situation and also tailored his playlists to play some softer music until the situation resolved itself. Afterwards, Greg got the party going again in a heartbeat! He managed to fit in all the remaining songs we wanted to hear and he really saved the night from turning into a bummer. DJ Greg was referred to me by a mutual friend and I had met him for the first time during the planning of the wedding. I honestly feel like even though he was our DJ snd we were his clients, his people skills and demeanor throughout the process make me feel like he is my wacky cousin Greg. My wife and I could not be more pleased with the job that Greg did at our wedding and wholeheartedly recommend him and his staff! They were incredible at every step of the way. Hire DJ GREG NICE!! You WON'T be disappointed!

Profile Picture Frank J, 5/27/17, 1 Review