Amber Johnston Photography Reviews

50 | Philadelphia, PA

50 Reviews for Amber Johnston Photography

Annie · Married on 09/04/2016

Amber was such a pleasure to work with! She was responsive, kind, creative, and easy-going---exactly what you want from a professional vendor. We adore the photos she took for us. She has a great eye for light and texture, and she beautifully captured the candid joy we felt on our wedding day. We would 110% recommend her!

Sent on 10/03/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Annie! It was such an honor to capture your day! And I loved all the rituals!

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2016

Having Amber as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made for our special day. Our wedding pictures came out amazing! They are truly breathtaking. She was great at communicating with us through out the day with out being obtrusive but capturing every moment. She has a true artistic gift for photography. She has such a sweet friendly personality and makes you feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend Amber to my family and friends.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

Amber is amazing! We are so happy that we found her! We couldn’t be happier with our engagement and wedding photos. We are definitely goofy and awkward in front of a camera, but Amber has a positive, calming presence and a skill that brings the beauty of the moment out, not the awkwardness. She is so accommodating and fun to work with. Every time we look through the wedding photos we are struck by how vividly we can relive the day. Amber captured every detail of that day so well, and caught so many amazing moments, expressions, action shots, etc. She has a way of being everywhere but never obtrusively, and I think that shows through in the photos. She didn’t miss a thing! Our photos were also finished with great care and skill. They are beautiful. Thank you, Amber!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Stephanie! You guys were so much fun to shoot!
  • Vidi

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2016

I just recently had my engagement photo session with Amber. She did an amazing job! Something important to me was that the photos didn't look staged or too posed. It was very easy to feel natural in front of her. We had our engagement shoot Saturday night and the following Tuesday she already had our pictures back to us! I couldn't believe she got them to us so quickly and they looked so good. Amber spent a lot of time with us; at least an hour and a half, but it was probably more. She was flexible with location and dates for the shoot.

We were not originally planning on having an engagement photo shoot, but since it was included in the wedding package we thought, "Why not?" I am so glad we did this because my fiance and I are terrible about taking pictures together. I think her pricing is very reasonable. Especially compared to many photographers I looked into on my search.

I have no worries about using her for our wedding. I know she will do an amazing job!

I can't stress enough on how great Amber is! I'm looking forward to working with her for the wedding and any subsequent photos I may want/need!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2016

I would recommend Amber over and over for wedding photography.

Amber was amazing! She took our engagement photos and our wedding photos and I am so very glad I chose her to be our photographer.
    Not only is she a very talented photographer, but she is also kind, funny,accommodating, and easy to work with. On the day of the wedding, she was all over the place, snapping shots at the most perfect moments. I have been looking through my wedding photos to relive the day over and over.
    She is able to capture personalities and get some really unique and candid moments. If you are looking for someone who will take great photos that are beautiful and personal, she is the photographer for you

I also found her pricing to be incredibly reasonable. She is just as good, if not better, than photographers that start at $4,000 but my package was much cheaper than that. She was reasonably priced and so talented!

Sent on 05/18/2016

Amber was amazing! I love my wedding pictures so much! The moments she captured were priceless! I strongly recommend Amber Johnston Photography!!!!!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Jenny · Married on 10/04/2015

Amber provided a brilliant service to my husband and I, to our whole family really. We are forever grateful for her calm under pressure, her enthusiasm for photography and her eye for beauty. The images she created are so breathtaking I cried looking at them. She captured our day so perfectly. We are so happy to have found her. I can't recommend her and her wonderful second shooter Andrea highly enough. Thank you both so much for everything. Also the engagement shoot was magical!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Amber was a perfect addition to our special day. She had great ideas as to where and how we could take pictures. She also listened to our ideas and suggestions and incorporated our opinions throughout the night. When the rain prevented us from following through with the original plan, she was quick to make adjustments. She was kind and sweet and caring throughout the whole day and made sure we got pictures with all of our guests. Amber was all over the place taking pictures and getting different angles, but was completely unobtrusive and did not disturb the flow of the event. She provided us with our own wedding website in a very short period of time, full of hundreds of edited pictures. The pictures are beautiful!!! I cannot pick out my favorites because there are so many amazing shots. Amber has even helped me to order prints correctly. She remains in contact and is quick to respond. Thank you Amber!!!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Katie · Married on 08/21/2015

I highly recommend Amber! Her work is gorgeous. I have a nice mix of posed and action photographs and they are all such high quality. I am so pleased with both the engagement photos and the wedding day photos. Amber is professional yet sweet. She sincerely wants your occasion to be special. It is clear that this is not just a way to make money for Amber. She wants to know you and your family on a personal level. If you are looking for something specific, she will make sure she gets it. If you just want amazing photos, you can leave everything up to her and she will deliver! Her work and her price are both exceptional. I really don't think you will find a better value. If you are unsure or on the fence, choose Amber. You will not regret it!

Sent on 09/04/2015

Tricia · Married on 06/12/2015

Amber is a gem. She has a calm and laid back demeanor that helps people to feel comfortable and relaxed. She is incredibly talented behind the lens. She did an excellent job photographing my massive wedding party (10 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen) and also managed to capture tons of candid shots that reflecting the feelings of the day. I would recommend Amber for your wedding. She is reliable, comfortable, and is a true talent in the field of photography.

Sent on 07/01/2015

Autumn · Married on 05/23/2015

Amber did a great job with the photos for my wedding. Everyone commented on how it really captured the day and the spirit of the event. There were so many wonderful candid portraits of the guests. The bride and grooms shots were really whimsical and fun. She asked me a lot of questions about how I wanted them and provided what I'd asked for and more. If you want high quality artist images for your wedding you will not go wrong.

Sent on 01/12/2016

Jennifer · Married on 12/20/2014

Amber is amazing .
    Made everything so easy and FUN!
    Our pictures are incredible and we are extremely happy with them !!!!

Sent on 01/05/2015

rowan · Married on 10/26/2014

Amber was such a great choice for our wedding. She fit right in with our families. My guests were all very impressed with her coverage and amiability. And the pictures were just gorgeous!! She has such a great attention to detail and capturing beautiful moments. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 12/10/2014

Amber was simply fantastic. We met with her in person a few months before our wedding date, and she was accommodating and warm. She seemed genuinely excited to photograph our wedding, and it was apparent that she is passionate about what she does. On the wedding day, she arrived before anyone else to scope out the grounds for good photo opportunities. My wife and I walked around the property with her for an hour taking pictures before the wedding ceremony, and she made the whole experience easy and fun. We didn't want any of the typical cheesy or overly-posed pictures that you commonly see, and Amber was totally down with that and all our pictures have a natural, fun look to them. I can't put into words how pleased we are with our wedding photos - they captured our experience of the day PERFECTLY! She is a true professional. Amber was also extremely fast getting our pictures back to us after the wedding- she had uploaded all the pictures within a week. I would highly recommend Amber's services to anybody needing photography services in the Philly area!

Sent on 10/07/2014

mary · Married on 09/14/2014

Working with Amber was super easy. She was accommodating and definitely knew what she was doing. She was good at directing us and also made sure to get lots of candid shots of our wedding. Her pricing was good for the excellent quality of her work, and she was sure to get our photos to us quickly. I would definitely work with her agin for a special event. You will be happy you used her, for sure!!

Sent on 09/16/2014

Carole · Married on 07/26/2014

Amber Johnston is more than a photographer. She is an artist. Her creative ideas for photos made the wedding more fun. She found unique points of view which brought out the personalities of the all who were involved. The results were the most beautiful wedding photographs I've ever seen.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Our wedding was small and intimate with not many guests. This made it very important that the photographer not over shoot our guests with a constant flash (i've been at weddings were this was the case and it drove us all crazy) Somehow Amber managed to go virtually unnoticed among our guests (except for her warm smile) and still managed to get hundreds of outstanding photos. She didn't miss a moment. Also her personality worked well with our small family, it felt like she was one of us. I would recommend her to anyone, she is worth the money!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Robin · Married on 07/06/2014

My husband and I were so lucky to have found Amber as our wedding photographer! We feel like we not only got amazing pictures of one of the most important days of our lives but we also made a good friend. Amber came into our lives almost a year before our wedding date and over the next few months we met with her a few times. She was so down to earth and helped us feel calm the whole way through the stressful planning process and even more so the day of the actual wedding! She was on top of everything, timing and family drama to boot! The pictures were not posed or cheesy, she really was able to capture our true nature and the atmosphere of our wedding party. We wouldn't have wanted to spend our special day with anyone else! Thanks so much Amber!!!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Amber was fantastic. In the midst of our wonderful (and a bit stressful) whirlwind DYI wedding party, Amber was right there to capture everything. She has such a warm, and pleasantly casual manner to her, she blended into my friends and family seamlessly, catching so many special moments I didn't even realize were happening!
    Beyond her eye for the spontaneous, I was really struck by her vision. She has an artists eye for detail! For example: she photographed a conversation between my mother and me, instead of focusing on the group, she took these beautifully intimate photos of our hands in conversation.
    My husband and I were thrilled by her photos and we will absolutely be in touch with her for our next special occasion! I don't think there is anyone who could do a better job than Amber did!
    Thank you again!!

Sent on 09/13/2014

Debbie · Married on 06/22/2014

Amber's photos were top quality. They were not posed- were very natural, interesting, and artistic.

Sent on 09/20/2014

K · Married on 06/20/2014

Amber has such a good eye for capturing special moments, moments that I would have never even known about on such a hectic day of running around and talking to everyone for only 5 minutes each! And you would have thought she was a guest the way she got along with everyone. She is very personable. And she seemed genuinely excited about the pictures she was taking. She was able to make me look amazing, (which is hard feet in my eyes). All this (even getting hit on by my drunk cousin) and she was still super professional. If you want the best pictures of your life I recommend Amber Johnston Photography, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Jody · event on: 06/06/2014

Amber was wonderful, professional, relaxed, easy to deal with and very accommodating.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Mark · Married on 09/28/2013

Amber's work is thoughtful and aesthetically striking. She is very personable, cooperative, and capable. The church asked to use some of her images from the wedding on its website. I recommend Amber unequivocally.

Sent on 03/05/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2016

Our wedding was a bit non-traditional in that we performed a 45-minute meditative movement component first *before* the formal ceremony. This type of dancing is very personal in nature, and we wanted a photographer who was able to capture the emotion and movement quality of the participants but also didn't interrupt the sacred nature of the activity. Amber, who has a background in dance/movement herself, elegantly wove herself into the patchwork of 30+ dancers with her camera to take some of the best photos I have ever seen of myself, husband, and my dancing friends. She glided around with us as a fellow dancer, never an imposing intruder, and certainly no flash! The same can be said for our formal ceremony; I never once noticed her, yet the photos convey every emotion that crossed our faces during our vow and ring exchange.

We were straightforward with Amber in telling her that we didn't want pre-event/prep photos or staged photos of us and our families. She respected our wishes and stuck to shooting real-time activities (mostly dancing!). That's what we wanted, and we are delighted with our album. Many of our friends had never seen images of their authentic dancing before, and it is a gift for us to share Amber's images with them.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Amber Johnston Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Jennifer! It was a beautiful experience to capture! So glad I got to share it with you all!

Rose · Married on 09/10/2016

If you want a fun, professional and calming person as your photographer...Amber is perfect! She has more of a journalistic style (e.g., doesn't go crazy with effects and uses black & white sparingly) so she captures your wonderful day just they way it was! Also, we wanted to have more photos with our family rather than endless shots of just us as a couple so she let us replace the engagement shoot for extra hours on the wedding day.

Sent on 01/05/2017