Good Maine Reviews

Good Maine 7
  • Julia

Julia Ryan · Married on 07/20/2019

Thank you, Kevin!

If you are reading this review, you’re probably trying to decide whether or not you should hire Good Maine. If you are looking for a sign, this is it. Call Kevin immediately and do not look back. From helping us to plan our wedding during the months beforehand to taking care of everything we needed day of (he even made sure I ate!), Kevin was our guy. He is personable, talented, and—most importantly—he gets the job done.

When we told people leading up to the wedding that we had hired a planner/photographer/DJ hybrid, we were met with raised eyebrows. We heard a lot of “one person can’t possibly do all that!” and “no one can do everything—did you read the reviews to see if he’s actually any good?” We did read the reviews, Kevin IS that good, and now we are trying to figure out how to put into words just how glad we are that we got to work with him.

Kevin has this incredible ability to bring both peace and excitement at the same time. He made me feel relaxed and confident as we prepared for our wedding—especially because we had planned it down to the minute in the months leading up to the big day. I should say something here—I love brainstorming, but I hate planning. I had lots of little ideas that I knew I wanted to incorporate, but no idea how to make it all come together. My husband and I knew exactly what we wanted our wedding to feel like, but didn’t know how to translate that into an actual event.

Luckily, Kevin did. Kevin listened to us, got to know us, and offered his professional advice whenever we needed it. He and his assistant, Alexis, were invaluable on our wedding day. Our ceremony was perfect, our pictures are stunning, and our guests can’t stop telling us how much fun they had. I mean, seriously, Kevin calmed a two-and-a-half year old with ant bites, kept everyone happy on one of the hottest and most humid days of the year, and had us dancing so much at the reception that my husband’s ring flew off! Then, he organized a mini search party, found the ring, and got us dancing again. Everything that Kevin did exceeded our expectations.

In summary, I’ll leave you with the words my husband said to me right after we left our first meeting with Kevin: “I’m so glad we hired that guy.”

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Matt

Matt Nickerson · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely the best!

Good Maine has got you covered! From start to finish Kevin and his crew helped us organize and plan our wedding every step of the way. They ran the whole show and made it a truly memorable experience! We will be highly recommending Good Maine to our friends and family.

Sent on 09/12/2019
    Good Maine 8
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/22/2019

Good Maine is so much better than just “good”!

Working with Kevin was, in a word, incredible! From the moment my husband and I first met him, he was a pleasure to work with. He is kind, genuine, and extremely patient when it comes to any questions or concerns you might have about your big day. He is always willing to talk on the phone or set up a meeting about anything you need!

But the real highlight was our actual wedding day. Kevin goes out of his way to make the day feel fun and stress-free. He has incredible time management and organization to keep things running smoothly, all while keeping everyone smiling, laughing, and having a great time!

He is the perfect day-of coordinator, and a really wonderful photographer as well. We are already head-over-heels for our preview photos — he has such a talent for capturing beautiful photographs... and he even managed to make my 13-year-old niece smile (not an easy task!)

And his skills as a DJ are just as incredible... he managed to get so many people out on the dance floor, and our guests were all raving about how fun he was! He helped to make our wedding day the most amazing day of our lives. We are so grateful!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Good Maine 9
    Good Maine 10
    Good Maine 11
    Good Maine 12
    Good Maine 13

Melissa Ward · Married on 04/13/2019

Wedding Spring 2019

Kevin was absolutely incredible! I would recommend him to any couple looking to get married! Kevin has the miraculous talent of being able to juggle the duties of a wedding planner, photographer and DJ. Any question that my husband or I had throughout the entire planning process was answered efficiently and completely. Not to mention, he takes time to learn who his clients are as people so he is able to really personalize the wedding experience. Anytime I was worried or nervous about something, my husband would say, “Call Kevin” and without fail, I would feel better at the end of every call or meeting. Kevin was always available no matter how small or large my concern may have been.
    In addition to being available to me and my husband, Kevin made himself available to all of our vendors. At times when I was having difficulty communicating with someone all I needed to do was talk with Kevin and he didn’t hesitate to call or meet with them regarding and resolving the details.

There are many things in a bride’s mind before her wedding- I NEVER had to worry about anything Kevin was handling.

As a photographer he is amazing. His eye for catching the perfect light, attention to detail and professionalism is second to none. Our pictures were everything I dreamed of.

Our reception was so much fun. The music and festivities would not have been as successful without Kevin overseeing every aspect. Many of our guests have approached us telling us how much fun they had and how awesome our DJ was!

I couldn’t be more confident of Kevin's abilities and skills or more supportive of his business. I would choose Kevin 100x over- I highly recommend him!

-Mr. and Mrs. Ward

Sent on 05/09/2019

Scott Connor · Married on 09/22/2018

The service is in the name...AMAZING!!!

Our experience working with Kevin at Good Maine was without a doubt one of the best experiences of our life. Upon first meeting Kevin I wasn’t entirely sure how to take him, but it seemed like the more I was around him, the more the layers peeled back and you could truly see who he was and what he was about. Kevin has a contagious personality, the kind of personality that is built for doing what he does. From a personal standpoint, the first time he met me he could tell I was not a fan of taking pictures and within minutes was telling jokes to get me to smile “my real smile” to make our pictures perfect. The fact that Kevin was able to recognize my insecurities without judgment and immediately do what he did sold me and I instantly became a fan. As time went on and I got more opportunities to meet with Kevin, the more I could see that he was in it to make sure everything was going to be perfect on our Wedding day. On the day of our wedding Kevin showed up and immediately went to work. Well throughout the morning things got busy and we ended up getting an hour behind schedule on pictures. Kevin pulled Ashley and I aside and simply said we are an hour behind so we need to get moving-he made us aware without making this stressful or rushed. Long story short not only was Kevin able to make up that hour he was able to do it and still get pictures that myself and Ashley wanted as well as a few extras that were not planned. Kevin accomplished this all the while being so amazing to our bridal party and kids just by making everyone smile and laugh to make the whole picture process enjoyable. Kevin was able to give us an hour before we had to walk down the aisle to just relax and kind of take things in. To me Kevin is the FULL PACKAGE-photographer/wedding planner/DJ...he does everything he can to make your day his ONLY priority. Kevin‘s attention to detail made our Ceremony go so flawlessly and it turned out more beautiful than we could have imagined. Now to speak on Kevin as a DJ is what has taken me so long to get this review done. Putting into words the package you get from this guy as a DJ is one of the hardest things to do. It is the kind of thing that you have to be there and see it to believe it. He is absolutely out of this world amazing at what he does behind the DJ booth. Myself, Ashley and all of our guests were completely and utterly blown away by this man and his abilities to get the party started and keep it going all night long!! The way Kevin was so on point with Music, keeping the dancing going and his willingness to take request as long as it kept the party going was something you don’t always see in a DJ. It was the little things like that, that myself and Ashley noticed, which puts Kevin in an entire different ball game than most DJs. Kevin is professional, he’s respectful, he’s hilarious, and he’s just an all-around great guy. Myself and Ashley will be his biggest fans from here on out. To anyone who is looking for a photographer, or wedding planner, or DJ, I am wholeheartedly telling you, you would be doing yourself an injustice if you did not go with Kevin at Good Maine! Ashley and I promise you he will make your day the best day of your life. He is amazing, we love him, and cannot say enough about him. Simply put.... HE IS THE MAN!!

Thank you Kevin for all you did for our wedding and we hope you know how much we appreciate you and everything you embody!

Mr & Mrs. Connor

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Susan

Susan Sandler · Married on 09/09/2018

Good Maine Photography & DJ

Kevin Ouellette, of Good Maine, did both my daughter's and son's weddings ... He is fantastic!! Kevin began planning with both couples months before the wedding and had regularly scheduled planning dates. The day of the wedding - Kevin was there from morning till night, capturing make-up sessions, getting ready for the ceremony, first-look, bride and groom photo session, ceremony, reception. He is so energetic, personable, prepared, enthusiastic, talented and lots of fun! Truly ~ you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Bethany · Married on 05/25/2018

We used Kevin’s 4 in 1 wedding package. Kevin spent countless hours meeting with us both in person and on the phone to help plan the whole day of the ceremony down to every little detail. All of the pre planning resulted in a perfect, stress free day we were able to enjoy with our guests. During the day of the wedding, Kevin and his team took amazing photographs, including family photos, the ceremony, reception and a wand battle. He was able to get smiles from everyone in our wedding party including all the kids. Kevin’s energy was never ending as he continued as the DJ during the reception dancing with every song that he was played. We got so many comments from our guests about how wonderful he was. We highly recommend Kevin for anyone looking to have what people say can be one of the most stressful days of your life, stress free!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Meaghan · Married on 04/28/2018

Kevin is the best! He was amazing from start to finish. He goes above and beyond for his brides! He helped me coordinate my ceremony and worked with all the other vendors to make my wedding run smoothly. But even more then that he was an incredible dj with so much energy dancing and just you can tell he loves what he does. All my guests said he was the best dj they ever saw and entertained the guest with his sweet dance moves throughout the night! I can’t thank you enough and I recommend everyone hire him for all their wedding needs!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Katy · Married on 10/28/2017

Wow. Kevin is simply the best. He plans your day down to the minute, which seems like micromanagement, until you see it in action. Having him there made my day absolutely stress free. Not only does he spend the DAY with you, he’s hilarious to boot! He really reads into to vibe of the wedding party and projects that throughout the ceremony and reception. I really couldn’t have asked for anything better.
    We had so many people tell us that he kicks ass and asking where I found him, we’ve also had multiple people say they just want to be his friend:-)

Sent on 11/05/2017
    Good Maine 14
    Good Maine 15

Courtney · Married on 09/30/2017

Kevin blew us away from day 1. He took on so many roles throughout our planning process and this carried on to our special day. His organizational skills, energy and talent is one of a kind and was noticed by everyone at our wedding!! There is no one out there better than him!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Kerri · Married on 06/17/2017

Kevin doesn't just bring the party, Kevin IS the party. His level of energy, excitement and entertainment is above and beyond. Your wedding guests cannot help but get on the dance floor, it becomes contagious - even if you are having a afternoon lunch reception, he can start a dance party. The guests LOVE Kevin, seriously adore him- I never knew it was possible to have so many complements in my choice of DJ/Photographer.
    We hired Amazing DJ for the photographer, photo booth, DJ and wedding planning, plus we did engagement photos ahead of time. Love love love all the photos. From the wedding, they capture the essence of our guests and feel of the event. So many photos to choose from! Photos arrived in record time- like a week or two after my event. And the Photo booth- so many fun props and hats- all my guests said it was the best photo booth at a wedding ever! Finally as a wedding planner, he rocks it. He makes sure your day runs smoothly by helping you plan effectively ahead of time.

Kevin gets 10 stars + extra credit for enthusiasm, energy and just plain awesomeness

Sent on 07/28/2017

Aurora · Married on 10/15/2016

Our wedding isn't until next year, but I am so glad we chose Amazing DJ Music (Sound & Photography). We selected the big package (dj, photographer, photo booth, and wedding planning). Kevin has been amazing! I had a lot of misconceptions and some unrealistic ideas about the timeline of my wedding. Kevin has a great understanding of what needs to happen in order to make the day successful (and stress free). I am so excited to have Kevin for my wedding. Will post back after the day!
    ***Update. This by far was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Kevin was amazing throughout the entire wedding planning process. On the day of my wedding, he kept everyone in line with our time line, he was so open and friendly to everyone (which made a lot of photos super easy), and one of the best parts was that my guest loved hm, and I mean loved him! He was so entertaining, so full of energy, he made our reception so much fun and got everyone dancing. And the photos, the ones he has posted on Facebook from that day, so beautiful, I can't wait to see the rest of them!! Best advice to a bride, hire Amazing DJ Music Sound and Photography, get the whole package from Kevin, it will be the best decision for your wedding!!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Brian · Married on 06/24/2016

Kevin was awesome for our wedding in June. His efforts go way past just the wedding day as he was incredibly helpful getting us fully prepared WELL before our big day - things we never would have thought of he already had plans for. He was as excited for us as we were and very receptive to our ideas. He kept everyone in line and made the day go precisely as planned. The party after the ceremony was unreal - the music, the atmosphere, everything - was everything and more than we could have asked for. Can't thank him and Kay enough and would absolutely recommend them. Three of our guests immediately asked for his contact information.

Sent on 08/01/2016
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2016

So for us...we got engaged and booked Kevin...booking him was the very first thing we did because he is simply the best and books quickly. We had seen him in action at a friends wedding a few years ago and knew we had to have him when it came to ours.
    You get engaged and you are so excited and then it all hits you...the stress. Kevin is quite simply a life saver...he takes the stress that weddings cause and simply diffuses most of it by putting the entire wedding on a timeline...everything and everyone in the wedding party has a spot to be at a certain time not to mention the venue knows what time things are scheduled to happen which majorly reduces stress and Kevin is the point person on the day of event...we spent months meeting and discussing details to put into the time line...and he would give me homework of things that I needed to do and the next time we would meet I would bring my homework and we would go over that and discuss what the next assignment would be. There are back up plans to the back up plans and being a bride and groom under Kevin's watchful eye is the least amount of stress you will ever have...for an example: We had a few guests who decided that things needed to be shaken up which made me feel very upset but instead of letting that ruin the day, Kevin took it and smoothed everything out, put us, the bride and groom, back in the center of attention and we got amazing photos from all of it in the end...Kevin loves what he does and it shows in his work. Kevin is simply an amazing person who just radiates love, compassion, and understanding. Every guest has told me how amazing our wedding was from the food to the cake but Kevin totally took their expectations of what a wedding should be and raised the bar...
    Every bride dreams of a perfect wedding day and you will have that if you have Kevin and his amazing assistant with you. You simply can not have any better. Thank you!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Emily · Married on 11/14/2015

Kevin provided the DJ service for our reception and the photobooth at Willowdale Estate in Topsfield, Mass. THE DANCE FLOOR WAS PACKED THE ENTIRE TIME. If you like to have a great party, BOOK KEVIN NOW!!!!! He is absolutely the best at what he does. He can read a crowd like nobody else. Just put all of your trust in Kevin and he will help to create the best experience possible. WORTH EVERY SINGLE PENNY!!! 11/14/2015

Sent on 12/15/2015

Mandy Cadotte · Married on 10/24/2015

He really can do it all

Kevin Ouellette of Good Maine was the go to guy at my wedding. As my photographer, he went above and beyond. Arriving first thing in the morning with his assistant to capture all of the fuss that goes along with bridal prep. Even when I dropped a surprise detail on him, he handled it in stride . His photos were brilliant, he made this self conscious bride feel stunning. We opted to do first look photos and he paraded us all over Portland to get the best shots on an otherwise gloomy and less than picturesque day. We were not disappointed. As our wedding planner, he started preparations months in advance, hammering out every detail and every possible catastrophe. Family issues? No worries, he'll stop them from ruining your perfect day. From feuds to the perpetually tardy, he takes every detail into account. I didn't have a care in the world. I got to spend the day being the blushing bride while he handled everything. As the DJ, he kept the dance floor jumping until late into the night. His energy and enthusiasm had everyone partying. All of my guests still rave about our wedding three years later. He did not disappoint!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Jennifer · Married on 07/05/2014

What can we say about Kevin and the energy he brings to a celebration? Amazing is perfect descriptor for how this DJ will make you dance and feel. He makes it seem effortless but the details he puts into the planning ensure that not a beat is missed. He communicates openly, directly, honestly and reviews the details of your day over and over, which produces an end result that calms your nerves and allows you a clear and focused timeline of the days events. Our guests were so impressed with Kevin that one friend offered him double his going rate on the spot to DJ for her sisters upcoming wedding. No small offer from the maid of honor! Finally, when there was a small communication breakdown with the caterer, Kevin already wearing multiple hats, swooped in and took care of everything in a smooth fashion. We just cannot recommend him highly enough. He's thoughtful, funny, witty and kind all wrapped into one great party package. We are so grateful that he was with us every step of the way and we know you will feel the same.

Sent on 08/13/2014

I had heard great things from numerous people about Kevin's photography, entertainment and wedding planning skills and he was my first choice for all of the services mentioned above. However, there was a scheduling mishap on his part and he went above and beyond to remedy the situation. So although we did not end up using him, I cannot rave enough about his professionalism and kindness. My husband and I look forward to using him in the future, maybe for photos for our first born :)

Sent on 06/25/2014

Christian & Meri · Married on 10/12/2013

Awesome is all I have to say. Kevin is amazing and truly the life of the party! He works with you and sees your vision and makes the party come alive. The photos we have seen so far are truly breathtaking and I can't wait to see the rest. Kevin really helped to make our day perfect!!!! We are so thankful he was part of our special day!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/05/2013

BEST DJ & photographer EVER! ?

Sent on 11/18/2014
  • User2620025 · 2+ years ago

Kevin is outstanding! We hired him to do our photobooth for our wedding! WHOA! He did such a great job with it! The photos came out great! He was FULL of energy and even went out and danced a few times! He really knows how to be the life of the party and we are so happy that we had him at our wedding! He will def be our go to photographer in the Portland Area for years to come!

Sent on 08/26/2012

Anna · Married on 09/01/2012

If there was one comment we heard from guests over and over the morning after our wedding it was: "WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT DJ???" Seriously. Kevin is fantastic. He provided the sound set up for our ceremony music, the microphone for the ceremony, music for cocktail hour, then MC'd and DJ'd our reception. We had a phone meeting when we first booked (about 10 months in advance), then emailed back and forth our list of play / don't play about a month before and had another phone meeting a week before the wedding. Kevin did a perfect job keeping our wedding events progressing smoothly and on time, adjusting the plan as necessary to fit the vibe of the evening. He pronounced everyone's names correctly, somehow without being mean helped to ensure guests didn't clink for kissing and made sure there were plenty of slow songs as per our request. He brought super fun lights that made the dance floor, a DANCE floor, then he himself proceeded to dance like crazy behind the dj booth for over two hours which was SO MUCH FUN!!! We were thrilled with our dj choice, you will be too if you book Kevin :-).

Sent on 10/09/2012