Amazing Alterations Reviews

163 | Anoka, MN

163 Reviews for Amazing Alterations

Jennifer · Married on 02/21/2015

I took my wedding gown here for alterations. Brenda and her team at Amazing Alterations were so fantastic! She came highly recommended to me, and now I can see why. Their work is perfection, they were always flexible and helpful, and everything was done in a timely manner and with a smile. The value for the work they do is also so great! I liked that they wanted my dress to be as perfect as I wanted it to be. Everyone there was extremely helpful with every detail from how to travel with my dress (I had a destination wedding out of the country) to how to make sure my bridesmaids (who were out of state) knew how to bustle my dress. I couldn't be happier with my wedding gown alterations experience at Amazing Alterations.

Sent on 02/28/2015

Katie · Married on 02/21/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Amazing Alterations and Brenda specifically! They made me feel like a princess every time i put my dress on! Everyone was so friendly and seemed so genuinely excited for me and my big day. They were flexible with my schedule (I worked out of town 3 days a week and had limited availability) and my dress fit perfectly on my wedding day.

Not only did I get my dress altered here, but a number of my bridesmaids did as well and all had equally good experiences.

Finally, I got married in February and needed fur wraps for myself and my bridesmaids to keep us warm. I was a very simple bride and pretty picky about the type of fur that the wraps were made out of. Brenda did research to find exactly what I was looking for and they turned out perfectly!

I would recommend Amamzing Alterations to ANYONE that needs a bridal or bridesmaid dress altered. They are the best!!

Sent on 05/18/2015

Nikki · Married on 02/06/2015

Thank God for Brenda! She saved me! My dress was available to pick up one week before my wedding. So, on the day I picked it up, I, went straight to her shop...well, I tried to. She squeezed me in, because of my time frame, but then I was lost trying to find the shop for 1.5 hours! She still fit me in, even tho I was late. When I put my dress on, it was BIG. and I was nervous. A few days later, it was perfect! She also gave me good tips on bras for a sheer back dress, and tips on keeping my feet comfortable on my wedding day! Thanks again, Brenda!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Tara · Married on 12/25/2014

The owner is AMAZING! The staff was great, the visual atmosphere of the interior environment was beautiful - comfortable, classy, and welcoming. I contacted the owner on 2 separate, last minute, unique projects and she/they came through on both projects and did such a stellar job!!!

Sent on 12/18/2014
  • Adrian

Adrian · Married on 12/13/2014

The owner and staff were great and fun to work with. The special touch made my already beautiful dress, simply amazing. I was very pleased.

Sent on 12/27/2014

Jinny · Married on 11/08/2014

Such wonderful, and amazingly talented people!!

I brought what I thought was a lost cause of my wedding dress to Amazing Alterations for a total revamping. ( I originally ordered it from a knockoff website from China.)

From my first email response from Brenda, I had nothing buy great vibes from them!! They were so friendly, professional and truly excited for me (as well as all their clients). Not only did they agree to make the changes I asked for to the skirt, Brenda even insisted I let them fix my poorly reconstructed bodice. And, they did it all well within the budget I needed.

All along the way, they were so accommodating, flexible and patient with me.

My final dress is absolutely, exactly what I dreamed it would be!! Amazing Alterations knocked it out of the park!! It is so beautiful! I am sad I only got to where it once. I know the skirt was a ton of work for them, and it could not have been more perfect! I already recommended Amazing Alterations to a friend getting married this summer.

Diana · Married on 11/01/2014

I loved my dress and thought it was beautiful when I bought it, but after Brenda and her team worked on it I went from beautiful in my dress to drop dead gorgeous in my dress! Her team does impeccable work, and they are very reasonably priced. You can tell they love what they do and it shows in their craftsmanship. Just before my last fitting, at my Bridal Shower, I found out that not only one, but two, of my cousins had also had their dresses altered by Brenda, and they also raved about her. 100% recommend Amazing Alterations to another bride.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Peggy · Married on 10/11/2014

They worked hard to make sure that my dress fit as it should. The ambiance and staff are really fun to be around!

Sent on 10/20/2014

Brenda is incredible! And her staff is just as amazing! They all seamlessly (no pun intended) work together to create such a magical and memorable experience for everyone who walks through the door! It is such a family atmosphere, where everyone is laughing and genuinely excited for you!

Brenda and her team did an incredible job on my wedding dress and did not let me leave until it was done right! I loved my dress so much and it is all thanks to her and her team! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2014

They were amazing! I thought I bought the perfect dress, and when they suggested adding a little "bling" to it, I was nervous about the outcome but I trusted them and I'm so glad I did!! The staff was so friendly and really knew what they were talking about. They have a fun, at home atmosphere and were really quick to get stuff done, allowing me to relax a little more before the wedding knowing that my dress was ready.

Nicole · Married on 09/27/2014

I would recommend Amazing Alterations to any bride and bridal party in the Twin Cities area!

Brenda and her staff were very friendly and professional, and my wedding dress alterations were perfect. I was quoted a super affordable price (as opposed to the price I had been quoted by David's Bridal), and was offered the option of "half now, half later" payment.

My dress was at Amazing Alterations for all of three weeks, and with the high volume of customers Brenda has, I was astounded that it was finished so quickly. When I picked up my dress, I was instructed to relax on the chaise lounge and have my picture taken. I loved that!

On the day of my wedding, I felt beautiful. My dress fit perfectly, and my husband and guests all loved it.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Brenda did a great job making my dress fit like a dream. They are very busy though, so I do recommend booking your fittings a few months in advance. However, they were flexible enough that they were able to help me last minute.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Andraia · Married on 09/20/2014

Absolutely amazing service and amazing alterations for sure!!!!!

Sent on 03/08/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/20/2014

She was so great to work with. I drove and hour to see her because I heard she was the best and I was not disappointed. Since I drove so far she worked on my dress while i waited so I wouldn't have to come back. I had my daughter with me so she gave her a tiara to wear because she needed to feel like a princess. Brenda, was upbeat and positive. Would recommend anyone to go see her.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Soua · Married on 09/20/2014

I'm a shorter bride (5'2) and thought I needed to alter my dress and add a bustle. When I purchased my dress, I was also moving out of state which added more of a hassle. The store I bought my dress from required me to have three or more alteration appointments, which was not possible. I then called all the alteration places I can find online located in the Twin Cities and they all told me the same thing.

I knew Anoka was a little farther away so I called them last. I spoke to Brenda and explained to her my dilemma and she assured me it was possible. I was so thrilled I made an appointment to bring my dress in the next time I was home.

I felt as ease the first day I went in to get measured and see what I needed to alter. I tired my dress on with a hoop skirt and avoided getting my dress hem. So I just got my bustle done and my mother-in-law bought my hairpiece from them.

When I went back to pick up my dress the week of my wedding and everything fit perfectly. Brenda showed us how to bustle my dress and took a few pictures. I couldn't be more happy with my decision on choosing a professional to alter my dress.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Brenda and her staff did a wonderful job! They were very helpful and professional throughout all three of my appointments. I wanted to change the bust line of my dress and Brenda had no fear!! Even with all the intricate beading, she did a wonderful job! Her confidence put me at ease and the staff is very friendly.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Ellie · Married on 08/03/2014

This place was AWESOME from the décor to the service. They have the right name for the shop AMAZING ALTERATION!!!!! they are truly AMAZING! They were on time, polite, and very reasonable. The dress was the talk of the wedding! As it should be, but the sparkles were the hit and made it over the top. I would recommend Amazing Alteration's in heat beat!

nikki · Married on 08/02/2014

Loved Brenda and her team from the moment I stepped foot in her shop I always felt beautiful and like a princess! Great job!!!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Brenda was absolutely fantastic! I bought a sample dress that was 3 sizes too big, and it fit like a glove on our wedding day. Brenda completely transformed my dress to fit me. Not going to lie, I was a little doubtful when I bought the dress at Posh Bridal and they said that Brenda works miracles. But they couldn't have been more correct.

Brenda truly is a miracle worker, and you can tell that she loves her job. When you are in your appointment with her, she always asks for updates on your plans and offers advice when she thinks it may be necessary. She is always excited to hear about your plans, and helps relieve some stress by reminding you how happy your wedding day will be. She also has a happily ever after wall with pictures of the brides on their wedding days! I will be going to her for any future dress alterations!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Brenda and her staff did an amazing job altering my dress. They were helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. My dress looks amazing and will be perfect on my wedding day. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Sent on 12/06/2013

Juli · Married on 11/08/2013

I can't say enough great things about Brenda! She got me in right away and only needed one round of alterations. My dress was two sizes too big, and she made it look like it was custom made. On top of being super fast and affordable, she was so nice! Thank you!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Brenda at Amazing Alterations was absolutely phenomenal! She gave me bustling options that I didn't even know existed and helped me to find the one that preserved the absolute most of the beautiful embroidery on my wedding dress. It was probably one of the easiest bustles for my girls to pull up on the day of the wedding too, which was greatly appreciated. We ended up having some issues with transportation for the MOH who was supposed to accompany me to my final fitting and Brenda was great about accommodating the last minute issue.

Sent on 12/15/2013

Brenda and her staff are truly AMAZING!!! I first went in April for my first alternations and they made me feel super confident and excited about how my dress would look and fit! I went back two weeks before my wedding and it was just a bit big, so they said NO PROBLEM and took it in more! They also helped make my dress more comfortable by adding a hoop! I picked it up today, the week of my wedding, FITS PERFECT!!!! :) I will definitely go back to Brenda if I ever need any more alternations!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Rebecca · Married on 06/29/2013

Brenda at Amazing Alterations was fantastic to work with. She was great throughout the entire process. She was incredibly nice and easy to communicate with. I had a disaster of a dress that I purchased on Ebay and she turned into something really beautiful!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2013

My dress was bought off the rack at another store and needed major alterations. Brenda was great to work with and my dress and veil turned out amazingly! I would recommend her to any future bride, bridesmaid, etc.

Sent on 11/08/2013