Amazing Alterations Reviews

163 | Anoka, MN

163 Reviews for Amazing Alterations

Laura · Married on 09/24/2016

Brenda and her team are the best of the best! Professional, but fun and the shop is beautifully decorated. They will take great care of you and really make you feel like a bride. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Christine · Married on 09/24/2016

I would highly recommend Amazing Alterations! Brenda and the team do truly incredible work. The location was a little far of a drive, but it was well worth it. The shop is simply adorable, and the ladies are so friendly and helpful. A great value for your money, too!

Sent on 11/03/2016

allison · Married on 09/24/2016

Amazing Alterations did my alterations to my delicate, couture hand-beaded wedding gown and did a phenomenal job. It fit me like a glove when they were done. They also turned my mother's 90's wedding dress with poofy sleeves, a huge train and a gigantic bow on the but into a beautiful and elegant tee-length reception dress, which I revealed to my mom and all of our guests for the first time after our first dance. It was really special and she was blown away by how different yet beautiful it looked.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2016

Brenda at Amazing Alterations (and her team) is amazing! I bought a pre-owned dress that was fairly large on me, and they were able to completely overhaul it to make it look custom made for me! They explain what (and why) they are doing at each appointment. They provide an estimate before they start alterations so there are no pricing surprises. On that note, they are very reasonably priced for the quality and service you receive. The shop itself is so cute and elegantly decorated! I feel special every time I go in!

Sent on 01/14/2016

My dress came in and was 5 sizes too big! They were able to get it to fit just perfectly. During the last fitting they took time to make it fit just 3 days before our big day. You want to look great on your wedding day & I think it all starts with how comfortable you feel in your dress. They also altered my husband's tux and since he was from Germany, they got his tux to fit EUro style for him and was perfectly slim. They are worth the 45 min drive from the cities! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/04/2016

Karen · Married on 08/13/2016

"My alterations experience at Amazing Alterations went better than I ever imagined! I had no idea it was possible to make a dress fit my body so well! I had the utmost confidence in their tailors and sewers and the final product was a dress that fit me perfectly and ultimately made me feel completely confident and beautiful on my wedding day! A special thank you to Brenda for tending to me and ensuring that my dress would be a perfect fit for my wedding day!" -Karen McHugh // 8.13.16 // Saint Paul, Minnesota

Sent on 08/30/2016

Sara · Married on 08/13/2016

I really liked working with Amazing Alterations. I bought my dress at a consignment shop, and had a considerable amount of alterations I wanted to make in order to make this dress my own, such as changing the neckline, back, and adding more sparkles. I also lost weight right before the wedding, but they had no problem taking it in on my last fitting. They also had some great suggestions on what else to change with my dress. The end result was amazing!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/23/2016

I loved having my wedding dress altered by such professionals! They were quick to address my concerns, and they created such a great masterpiece from my sample sale gown! I can't thank them enough and highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/12/2016

Alexandra · Married on 07/16/2016

I could not have asked for a better service for my dress alterations and then preservation after the big day! Everybody at Amazing Alterations was incredibly nice and beyond professional. I felt comfortable the minute I walked in the door. The shop is adorable, and their work is phenomenal! Everyone's passion for helping brides look gorgeous on their special day is evident in how they treat every person who steps foot in their studio. My dress needed a few minor alterations, but my dress was pure lace and beads. I was SO nervous about how it was going to turn out (and I was nervous that it was going to cost me and arm and a leg). But Brenda was magical and affordable! My dress was very figure fitting, and I was very particular with what I had in mind about the end product, and she matched my vision and then some! She even cut my number of appointments down from 3 to 2 because I was driving from quite a ways away, so when I picked up my dress on the second day, she took time out of her busy schedule to fix last minute details on my dress! That day! She had beautiful ideas about adding a hoop under my dress to give it some more body, and she helped me every step of the way with figuring about the best way to slide in and out of the dress. All of her assistants were incredible too! I went back almost 6 months after my wedding to drop off/pick up my dress for cleaning and preservation (which was incredible too!), and the assistant REMEMBERED MY NAME WHEN I WALKED IN THE DOOR! They were all beyond amazing!! I can't recommend Amazing Alterations enough!

Sent on 03/10/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/09/2016

Amazing Alterations did an amazing job with my wedding dress alterations! They ensured that the dress fit perfectly a couple of days before our wedding and loved how it turned out! They were all great to work with and loved their attention to detail! I highly recommend Amazing Alterations!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Brenda and her team at Amazing Alterations did a fantastic job with my wedding gown! I received so many compliments on the fit of the gown and especially on the amazing bustle. I was a little nervous with my gown (given the extensive beading and how expensive it was) but Brenda is extremely knowledgeable and explains every step to you so you know exactly what will be happening with your dress. At every appointment, I could tell how much Brenda loves working with brides; she and her team made me feel special and were very attentive to any needs I had. My sister also had her bridesmaid gown altered with Brenda, and both of our dresses looked amazing the day of the wedding thanks to the great work of Brenda and her team. It was more than worth the drive up to Anoka to have our dresses altered!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Erin · Married on 05/28/2016

I can't say enough good things about Brenda and her team. Due to a designer error, my wedding dress arrived 4 sizes too big -- 3 weeks before my destination wedding date. I was so anxious about how my dress would turn out given the extensive alterations and the tight timeframe. From the moment I first called Amazing Alterations to book an appointment, my mind was put at ease! They assured me that they could handle the alterations and my quick turnaround time, and they delivered on those promises! I felt so comfortable every time I went in for a fitting (I had 4 appointments in 3 weeks, so I was there a lot!) - and my dress turned out PERFECTLY. Brenda and her team even recommended a few tweaks that I hadn't even considered, and all of their advice was spot-on. I would not hesitate to recommend any bride to Amazing Alterations. Thank you for the quality work and for giving me my dream dress in the midst of all my stress!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Laura · Married on 04/16/2016

OK--if you need alterations, you'd be CRAZY not to go to Amazing Alterations.
    I purchased my dress from Posh in Wayzata, and they highly recommended Amazing Alterations. Being from Fargo, ND, I was hoping to do alterations a little closer to home, but I decided to at least stop by and check it out.
    These gals are the best! They are so knowledgable! They altered my dress in the most efficient and cost effective manner. I had no hesitations leaving my dress there, or making 3 special trips down for alterations. Scheduling was a breeze, too! Even though we're from Fargo, I plan to use Amazing Alterations again in the future!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Laura · Married on 01/17/2016

I am so happy I went with amazing alterations for altering my wedding dress! Their salon is beautiful and gives you such a nice feel while you are there. They are very professional and you can tell that they have years of experience behind them. They knew so much about my specific dress when I brought it in, including what usually looks better once altered. They do a lot of the alterations on the spot, and put you in a robe while waiting. This was especially great for the last fitting, because they could make last minute changes before I took the dress home. I looove how my dress came out! I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Jennifer · Married on 12/08/2015

Brenda and her staff were fabulous! The first visit was at the end of a very busy day and I was forgotten in a back room for a few minutes. After that little hiccup, my next two appointments more than made up for that tiny error. Brenda made me feel so comfortable, chatting away while she did her work. The other ladies in the shop were also really helpful, warm, and made me feel pretty during a nervous time. I should mention that I am not a girly-girl and this attention on me and my dress was not anything that I was used to, so that speaks wonders. Also the decor was spectacular! Their work speaks for itself, and the whole experience was beyond pleasant. Thank you Brenda!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Erin · Married on 12/05/2015

Brenda with Amazing Alterations took a dress that I really, really liked and made it a dress that I really, really love. She was able to make subtle changes that made my dress perfect. The entire staff at Amazing Alterations is so sweet and professional. They are quick to help and give different options for what alterations could be made. I had a veil made there as well and it is better than I could have hoped. I will sing my praises of Amazing Alterations well past my wedding day- they truly are the best.

Sent on 11/16/2015

Janine · Married on 09/19/2015

Such an amazing experience! I bought my wedding dress at a consignment store and needed to fix the zipper, tighten the bust area, and cut a train that consisted of 6 layers of tulle. Brenda & the rest of the staff were great to work with and really helped complete my vision for my wedding dress. Although the wait time can run a little long (which is understandable), it's totally worth it! I am extremely happy with my dress now and I am glad I got rid of the long train! I will highly recommend Amazing Alterations to anyone and everyone I know that needs to get a dress altered! Thank you so much to Brenda & the rest of the staff!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Amazing Alterations was recommended to me and I'm glad I went with them. The service and results of my dress were truly amazing! The price was very reasonable as well. I was expecting to pay a lot more than I actually did. I would definitely recommend them for bridal alterations.

Sent on 09/23/2015

The Brendas were AMAZING! They snuck me in for an emergency appointment when I was having nightmares about my dress not fitting!

They took my dress out in the hips and in at the bust, and did an awesome job.

Would 100% recommend their services - they know what they're doing!

Sent on 10/02/2015

Jude · Married on 08/29/2015

They did an amazing job at altering and fitting my wedding gown, which was about six sizes too big. I got so many compliments on how flattering and gorgeous my gown was! All due to the perfect fit given to me by the lovely ladies at Amazing Alterations!! Great job - I would suggest your services to all brides out there. Beautiful storefront and personable staff who are eager to make a to be bride smile.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Angel · Married on 08/21/2015

Brenda and her staff at Amazing Alterations are just that! Simply Amazing! My dress was unique in the alterations I wanted done and they turned out perfect! My bridesmaids dresses were perfectly done as well! I picked a dress not designed quite right for a few girls but they made it look exactly as I wanted it too and the girls felt Seay and confident come wedding day!!!

Sent on 12/13/2015

Emma · Married on 07/25/2015

The staff at Amazing Alterations were all very professional and did a fantastic job altering my wedding dress to perfection. They didn't attempt to make all of the alterations at once, knowing that what they did first might impact the fit. So they set up a series of appointments. This ended up being much better for my time and wallet in the long run!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Brenda and her staff were so wonderful to work with!! When I came for my first fitting, she made me feel special and had wonderful ideas. I had some concerns how it fit, but she took all those worries away. When I picked up my dress for my final fitting, I felt so beautiful. I will tell anyone who needs to have alterations done, to go see Brenda!!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Amazing alterations did an amazing job of fitting my bridesmaid dress for my brother's wedding! With 2 wks notice I might add! I am also taking my wedding gown to be fitted there I could not be more excited and there is no one else I would trust with this task!

Sent on 12/03/2014

Jennifer · Married on 04/14/2015

I would definitely recommend Brenda and Amazing Alterations to anyone that needed bridal alterations! From the moment you step into the Chic Cave, you are made to feel as if you are their most important client. You can tell that everyone there loves their job and is very professional. I asked for a bustle and a hem done on my dress and the cost came in at a fraction of what David's Bridal was going to charge me. Brenda is so talented; she eyed my hem and removed just the right amount of fabric; it was perfect. We were getting married on the beach in St. Thomas, USVI, so Brenda created my bustle to look like a wave; it was gorgeous! When the final fitting came around, the dress fit like a glove and I was ev

Sent on 05/18/2015