Amanda Williams Photography Reviews

57 | Dearborn, MI

57 Reviews for Amanda Williams Photography

Allison · Married on 06/01/2018

AMANDA was amazing! There are no words! The planning process was so easy and very detailed. She coordinated with other vendors and made my husband and I so comfortable! She's funny, quick, efficient, and just amazing! Love her!

Maddy · Married on 07/15/2017

Amanda is literally amazing!!! She is so personable and professional and made sure that every detail of our big day went smoothly. She is also hilarious, which helps to get everyone to cooperate with her and makes for big smiles in photos. Her pricing is extremely reasonable and I would recommend her to anyone!

Margaret · Married on 01/14/2017

Book her! Book her! Book her! In a time where almost anyone with a nice camera and the time to set up a website is marketing themselves as a professional photographer, you really want someone who is going to give you top notch quality and a stress-free wedding day! You get that - and so MUCH more with Amanda. Not only does she produce beautiful photos - and I know this already because she sent me three BEFORE my wedding day officially ended, but she was also incredibly awesome to work with. She is a no-nonsense photographer who knows what looks good and isn't afraid to make the necessary adjustments to create the perfect shot. She was friendly and personable with my bridal party and family and fit in with us seamlessly. Not only did she make the wedding day stress free, she was a source of entertainment and was always looking out for us. Amanda really is the entire package, because her pricing is BEYOND amazing. She is so reasonable and takes a lot of the stress off the bride and groom. Seriously BOOK HER!!

Lily · Married on 12/09/2016

From the moment I met Amanda, I knew I would have her as my photographer. Her prices and packages were very competitive, but her personality is the main selling point. She is direct and knows how to make every picture an amazing one. Do not hesitate to book with Amanda!

Erin · Married on 12/03/2016

Amanda is a true gem to work with. Not only did she provide almost immediate response when I reached out to her in the first place, but she provides amazing work as well. Amanda was my friends photographer for her wedding and after seeing her work on my friends photos, I definitely had to try and get her as mine for my wedding. She is very good at keeping everyone's attention and making sure the bride and groom get what they ask for. She takes control of the situation and that's exactly what you want the professional to do. Take control so you don't have to worry about a thing. With Amanda, I know that I am getting the best service and I trust her eye, judgement and editing skills.

My fiance and I were really hesitant to spend the money on engagement photos after we got engaged. We didn't really know if it was a necessity. In talking to Amanda she made me make that decision. She ensured that it would be worth my time, money and effort and it would actually be beneficial for our wedding day so that we get a sneak peek into what would be to come if we used her for our wedding date. I am SO thankful that we listened to her. It calmed my fiances nerves about being photographed and now we know what to expect. Not to mention how amazing our photos turned out. I seriously cannot believe all the photos that we got to keep and the ones that she edited so perfectly.

She's a beautiful person, she is a pleasure to work with. Thankful that I had the opportunity to do so on our engagement photos and I look forward to her capturing our wedding day.

Maria · Married on 11/26/2016

Incredible photographs. UNBEATABLE package deal. Book fast, though! She fills up quick!

The day of our wedding was essentially coordinated by Amanda. She put the flowers on the guide, coordinated my bus driver, etc. She told us EXACTLY what to do. I still cannot believe how beautiful our samples are. I cannot WAIT until I get my album.

• Christina

Christina · Married on 09/30/2016

Amanda is seriously wonderful to work with. Her organizational skills and take charge attitude makes her the least stressful part of your wedding process. I was so happy to have someone take over the details and assure me that we would get the pictures we needed in the time we had and to know they will turn out beautifully. Amanda is affordable, fun, energetic and you will leave the process of working with her feeling like you have really made a friend.

April · Married on 09/18/2016

Amanda is an exceptionally skilled photographer, and she's also great to work with. Her personality makes it easy to relax and get good photos. She's also great at giving directions without being overwhelming. Her photos are a work of art. In fact, her artistic eye is so fantastic that a photo of us ended up on the Huffington Post as the top pick of the month! I highly recommend choosing Amanda as your wedding photographer!

Kim · Married on 09/02/2016

WE LOVE AMANDA! We’ve been married for 3 months now and we’re still getting compliments on how awesome Amanda was the day of our wedding and how amazing our pictures are. Members from our bridal party are still telling their other friends how funny Amanda was. My husband HATES pictures so getting him to spend thousands of dollars on pictures was going to be a difficult task. I did my research and spent hours on the internet trying to find a reasonably priced photographer, low & behold.. Amanda Williams Photography. After reading her biography on her website, I knew she would be perfect. I sent her an email, received a response, and set up a meeting. I had to drag my fiancé to Amanda’s house and he left HAPPY. She was SO easy to talk with and didn’t pressure us to do anything. We told her we wanted to write her the check right then and she said NO! She wanted us to go home and think about it first! We sent her our check the next day.  I wasn’t sure whether or not we wanted to do engagement pictures, but we did and were so happy with the outcome. My husband actually left saying he had fun! Amanda was so easy to communicate with leading up to the wedding. She made the process so easy and stress-free! Amanda helped to make our wedding day perfect. She fit right in with the groomsmen and made their pictures as pain-free as possible. The guys loved her, just like she stated on her website! She knows how to be professional and have fun at the same time. My bridesmaids also thought she was great. I was hesitant about the price, after hearing how much others have spent, but after receiving our final product I couldn’t be happier. They say “you get what you pay for” but I believe we got that and so much more. I was so antsy waiting to receive our pictures, but the wait was definitely worth it. I will forever recommend Amanda to anyone and hope to use her in the future!

Jorie · Married on 08/21/2016

Simply put, Amanda Williams is a rockstar. She does not disappoint. When my now husband and I first stumbled across her website we were trying to figure out what was wrong with her since her price was half of what other photographers were asking. Her work seemed lovely, so I decided to schedule a meeting. In our first meeting, Amanda was bubbly, personable, and I knew she was the real deal... I knew she was our photographer. On the day of, Amanda arrived on time, ready to work. She is not just a photographer- she is your one-woman show... a coordinator, a time-keeper, comedic relief, and will do anything and everything to make sure your day runs smoothly. She will hold your hand and remind you to keep breathing, as she knows how anxious brides and grooms can get. She is one of the most warm, genuine, funny, and enthusiastic people I have ever met. She is bossy in all the right ways. She knows how to find a great shot and to find the right lighting. I am so lucky to now call Amanda my friend. She is such a lovely woman and we were so lucky to have her on our wedding team. Amanda sent us some samples and they were absolutely incredible. We can't wait to see the rest. Book Amanda Williams as your photographer and you will not be disappointed. We have so much love for Amanda and her work. She is simply amazing.

Abbie · Married on 07/30/2016

Amazing service!! She will make the whole bridal party feel comfortable.

Dayna · Married on 11/07/2015

Amanda was the MVP of our wedding day. She is not only a photographer, but an amazing person and helped in so many other ways to keep the day running smoothly. She kept us on time, kept me and my groom calm, kept everyone else focused and our day went flawlessly. I don't know how she does it! As soon as she showed up, I knew everything was taken care of and I didn't have to worry about a thing. I cannot express how much of a relief that is on your wedding day. She is 100% professional, accommodating, caring, personable, and reasonable. I couldn't believe how quick she was for the family photos and how she managed to get everything done in time, she is clearly experienced and LOVES what she does. It was amazing (and funny) watching her with the little ones and being creative in getting them to smile for the camera. Everyone in the family loved her as well and she fit right in with everybody. She was definitely made for this job and for the quality of service I would have paid much more than I did. I can't stress how fabulous our day was and I cannot wait to receive the rest of our photos. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Amanda! :) <3

You cannot ask for a better photographer than Amanda. She works alone but with the photos she gets you'd think she had two other photographers there with her. She is so efficient, fun, friendly, accommodating and professional and I can't believe she doesn't charge more than she does. We had a ton of fun in our preplanning session, she was absolutely in charge and organized to make sure all of our essential shots were handled, and she went above and beyond on more than one occasion, for instance dealing with one of my not-so-pleasant family members and even shuttling us around a venue's property to get the photos we wanted when the venue was going to charge us an arm and a leg for a 15 minute use of one of their golf carts. She was just superb. Our photos and book were stunning, wow, she's just brilliant. You have to hire her.

Nicole · Married on 06/14/2015

I just love this lady. Exactly what I wanted with my photographer, couldn't have found any one better! She will definitely be my go to photographer for everything.

Anna · Married on 06/13/2015

Amanda is beyond a pleasure to work with! She made the pain of having such a large bridal party such an enjoyment! We loved working with Amanda and plan on working with her again in the future!

Chelsea · Married on 09/19/2014

I found Amanda through one of my friends that had her shoot her wedding and I am so glad that I did!! I am extremely impressed with not only her photos but her excitement as well. Our first meeting lasted almost 2 hours because we wouldn't stop chatting back and forth lol. Any questions that I had on budget, photos, what kind of camera she used, and who should be in our family photos were immediately answered.
    I was so worried the day of our wedding because of all of the construction downtown Detroit and all of the places we wanted to take pictures at would be flooded with orange barrels. Amanda asked if I trusted her to pick a spot and I said yes. She took us to this awesome spot behind the old train station that had graffiti and artwork everywhere. I've already received a few samples and I can't wait to have the rest!!! The pictures were actually a lot of fun and Amanda had everything to do with it. She made sure we were comfortable and gave us feedback so we knew what to do. She has an eye for beauty and not a lot of people had that. I could see her face light up whenever she saw a new angle or area that she wanted to shoot, it got us more involved and excited as well.
    It's been 2 weeks since our wedding and I have nothing but great things to say about Amanda. If I could do it all again, I would hire her in a heartbeat to be our photographer. I know me and my husband will be using her again in the future to do family photos :)

Jennifer · Married on 08/08/2014

Amanda is amazing!! She is so nice and outgoing and really knows what she is doing. Her photos are awesome and she is extremely affordable. Our bridal party and families just loved her. Book her early as she gets booked up really quickly! I promise you won't regret using her as your photographer. I will absolutely recommend her to everyone I know and will use her for any future photography sessions we may need :)

• Nikki

Nikki · Married on 05/23/2014

The very first time I met Amanda was the day of my high school graduation. She was a new neighbor of ours & when my best friend & I were on the porch taking pictures she came running over with her camera in hand! 7 years later we reconnected & I asked her to be my wedding photographer : ) I feel like I've know Amanda for a lifetime! she's friendly, funny, & absolutely amazing at what she does. not only does she take perfect & creative photos but she is there for you as a friend on your wedding day as well =) our bridal party loved her too ! she doesn't ruin your pictures with watermarks, you are free to do what you want with them, which is rare to find! & she's extremely affordable ! she doesn't advertise or use watermarks, simply all word of mouth, that's impressive ! we plan on calling up Amanda whenever we want professional pictures taken again : )

nichole · Married on 02/15/2014

She was by far the best vendor we worked with. She was so helpful, honest, funny, and without a doubt the most understanding. I got so nervous and was crying, shaking and got very nausea, she was getting me water, rubbing my back, told me I still looked beautiful, and said this is your day it will be perfect and she honestly did make me feel better. She brought out the best in me and my husband and I could not have been happier. She was on time, she took all kinds of pictures and different poses and really went above and beyond.

First off , shes is AMAZING .... way to cheap for what she costs. I could sit here and write a million and one things about why someone should hire her. Got 3 photos from the wedding day and I can not wait till I see them all !!!!

Mrs. · Married on 09/21/2013

Oh My God!! We super lucked out when we got Amanda to do me and my husband's wedding on September 21, 2013. She felt like a member of the family from the very first day we sat down with her. She was always open, honest, funny and very affordable. On top of all that, her photos ROCK!! We have gotten so many compliments on what she's taken of us. The engagement photos are classic too. Her creative mind is always racing a million miles a minute. It's fun to watch. Just trust her and you will be in good hands. She always makes time for her clients. She was one of me and my husband's favorite vendors. Because she's just so darn real and down to earth! She's booked like two years in advance so move quickly if you're interested. Not even 48 hours after we first met with her another couple tried to book her and that was over a year before!

Monica · Married on 09/07/2012

Amanda was the only person that my husband and I wanted to capture our wedding.

She is extremely professional, flexible and fun. She has an incredible knack for seeing things in a way that captures the beauty of all atmospheres.

We are thrilled with her work and highly recommend her.

Ellen · Married on 08/25/2012

Amanda was great to work with. Throughout all of the planning she was so organized, always sending receipts right after I sent her payments and sticking to the schedule she outlined in her packet. She was just what we needed the day of the wedding. She really took charge to make sure we got all of the photographs we needed and added so much creative flaire to all of the shots she did. We have only seen a few previews so far, but I'm very impressed with the quality of the shots she took. I would recommend Amanda Williams Photography to anyone looking for high quality wedding photos and a great photographer who really has her craft down.

Penny · Married on 08/10/2012

Amanda is an AMAZING photographer! She keeps everything light and fun all the while maintaining such professionalism. Her journalistic photography style is exactly what I was searching for for both our engagement photos and wedding photos. She is hands down the best in the biz! We received so many compliments on our save the dates because of the photos we were able to put on them. I cannot wait to see our wedding photos, she gave us a sneak peak and I love, love, love what I see so far! Thank you for doing an exceptional job and making our wedding memories last through your absolutely stunning photos!

Shatika · Married on 04/27/2012

WOW......Amanda was fabulous!!!!! I absolutely LOVE her! She provided photography of my ceremony and was extremely accommodating! My husband & I are extremely happy with our photographs and we will definetely use Amanda for family portraits in the future. I would recommend her to everyone!