Amanda Hopcraft Makeup Artist Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Amanda Hopcraft Makeup Artist 1
Amanda Hopcraft Makeup Artist 2

Caron · Getting married on 06/08/2019

I couldn't be happier with the quality of service I received from Amanda and her team. It was because of the positive reviews that I decided to choose Amanda and her team to do my hair and makeup for my wedding and all of the recommendations I read all became true for my experience as well. From the beginning, Amanda promptly replied back to me and was very nice and workable with scheduling. Her makeup artistry is very professional as well as her and her team made the wedding prep relaxed and enjoyable. I was SO happy with my hair and makeup! I really felt perfect!! I would definitely recommend her services for any event!

Megan · Married on 12/02/2018

Would book over and over again!

I had the privilege of having Amanda for make-up application for myself and 8 other girls the morning of our wedding and a make-up trial on the day of my engagement photos. Everything was done in a timely manner and we all looked stunning! Amanda was extremely helpful during the planning process, recommending beauty supply’s or local estheticians for facial treatments. She answered every email as if it were top priority. I would use Amanda and her team, again and again!

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2018

better than pinterest

Amanda was recommended to me through my wedding planner. Choosing a makeup & hair stylist was one of the more stressful things I had to do, because they had to be extraordinary (& I have very high standards). Upon meeting Amanda I knew we were on the same page, since every photo I shared with her she loved. I didn't have high hopes for the first trial however, since Pinterest and all other social media sights have created unreachably high expectations for just about everything...including my own wedding hair & makeup. Well Amanda not only nailed it with the first trial, she made it look better than the pictures! I was so incredibly excited from that day forward knowing I would look exactly how I always hoped I would on my wedding day with the help of Amanda!

Ann · Married on 08/04/2018

Extremely Thankful

I have started retyping this review over and over again because I just do not even know where to begin with how happy I was to have found Amanda! From the start, she made it easy and by my wedding date I felt like we were old friends. We started off with emails and phone calls to talk about my vision which soon turned into "our vision"- I think she's a mind reader, or maybe just a really good listener :), because she just got it.
    I live in Philadelphia, but my wedding was in the Adirondacks in upstate New York. Working around our schedules, Amanda was able to make a trip to Philly, not once, but twice for my hair and makeup trials. I had changed my mind about my wedding dress (which would mean a new hairstyle, too) and I texted Amanda right away. She didn't even hesitate and we set up another time for her to come visit for a second trial. Amanda did my hair and makeup for my rehearsal dinner, too. A fun ponytail with soft makeup to reflect our casual evening. It was perfect. The woman can do a killer pony! Then came the wedding. Words cannot express how Amanda made me feel that day. When I look back, getting ready is still one of my favorite memories. Not only did Amanda make me feel like the most beautiful, but natural version of myself, but she made me feel comfortable and calm as we chatted the afternoon away and shared stories of our lives. Amanda did my bridesmaids hair and makeup as well and they couldn't have been more beautiful. She even offered to beautify my mom and mother-in-law who did not originally request any hair or makeup up. To sum my long and mushy review up-I feel SO grateful to have found Amanda who is not only extremely talented in what she does, but an amazing soul, too. THANK YOU!

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2018

Amanda and her assistant are amazing! I first heard of Amanda from a friend’s wedding I went to. She did the bride’s hair and makeup and she was glowing. I hired Amanda and her assistant to do my hair and make up and my bridal party and we all looked stunning! Amanda really works with you on what you want. She also did a spray tan for me a couple days before my wedding that was spot on. I have fair skin and did not look orange, it was perfect. She also has a great personality and is a joy to work with. Do yourself a favor and hire Amanda!

A · Married on 07/15/2018

Amanda and her team were exactly what I were looking for on the day of my wedding. They executed what I pictured for my wedding day perfectly! They were super easy-going, up-beat and fun to work with! Amanda and her team made sure you were happy with their work and made great recommendations/suggestions- trust them - they've been doing this for a long time and know what will look best in pictures and stand up to the heat/humidity/whatever weather you're dealing with! They were also the fastest, most efficient working makeup team I have every been a part of on a wedding day which was so nice when you don't have to wake up at 7am to start getting hair and make up done! lol. Highly, highly recommend them!

Jenny · Married on 11/03/2017

Amanda and her team are amazing! I worked with Jaycee and Julia on the day of the wedding and they were quick, professional and a sweet pair of ladies. I love that they travel to your location...it makes it very convenient on a hectic day. I have used Amanda for other makeup services as well and she is 100% the best! I tease my husband that I now have a makeup artist for fancy events, or anytime I want...for life! :-) I would highly recommend Amanda and her team to any bride.

Karlyn · Married on 10/28/2017

Amanda is hands down the best make up artist & hair dresser to work with. Not only is she so fun, she is beyond words incredible. All of my bridesmaids hair & make up we’re top notch & it stayed perfect all day & night. She really knew what I was trying to go for on my wedding day, even though I didn’t know exactly how to describe it. She did it all so perfectly.

Amanda is so great, that I am having her do my hair & make up for my friends wedding next week. She is literally the best you can get.

Amanda Hopcraft Makeup Artist 3
    Amanda Hopcraft Makeup Artist 4

Daria · Married on 09/16/2017

The entire bridal party plus mother of the bride got hair and makeup services from Amanda Hopcraft. Everyone's hair looked fabulous and the makeup was glamorous without looking over-done. I have never had my makeup applied so beautifully and I looked really nice in the photos.
    Amanda and her team know what they are doing, and they are worth it- you will look amazing in your photos!

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2017

Amanda was the most ideal hair and make-up artist to work with on my wedding day. She is completely committed to delivering the final product that her bride and clients envision. She can replicate any picture you provide her and will gladly make any adjustments that you request. I did a trial with her a few months before the wedding and on my wedding day, I brought her pictures of a completely different look and she executed it flawlessly. Amanda did mine, my mother's, my husband's mother and my maid of honor's hair and make-up and we could not have been more satisfied with her performance. All aspects of her work stayed fresh and in place all night (even after a reception entrance that involved an upside down flip and hours on the dance floor). Aside from the magic she works on your hair and make-up, she is a breath of fresh air to be around and the relationship with her came so easily. You would be silly not to book Amanda!

Natalie · Married on 05/13/2017

I flat out love Amanda Hopcraft and her team! I first met Amanda when she did hair and makeup for my engagement photos. She is so warm, friendly, and funny that I had a blast chatting with her while she worked her magic. I had never had my makeup professionally done, and I had never felt so beautiful before then. She knew just what to do for engagement photos to make me look like myself, but glowing. I do have very sensitive skin and allergy issues, and Amanda had some great recommendations for skincare in order to improve my skin in the year of time between the engagement photos and my wedding. I went with her recommendations and my skin really improved.

For my wedding, my two bridesmaids and I had our hair and makeup done by Jaycee. I had a trial about a month before, and while I absolutely loved the trial hairstyle, the makeup didn't really feel like my personal style so I asked if we could change a few things for the big day. Jaycee was kind and receptive to the requests, and my wedding makeup was absolutely, stunningly perfect. My bridesmaids were also thrilled with everything! I would book with Amanda Hopcraft's team again in a second.

Calee · Married on 04/22/2017

Amanda and her assistant were absolutely amazing! My hair and makeup was stunning and my mother and mother in law looked beautiful! Major kudos to this awesome business: I had a major freak out the day before my wedding because my nail appointment was cancelled. My wedding planner, from The Wedding Authority, called Amanda who immediately called me to add nail service to my very full day of itinerary. Thank you again for everything, you made my day extra special.

• Melanie

Melanie · Married on 02/05/2017

I first met Amanda a few days after her studio was totally demolished by a hurricane. She was resourceful in finding a place to hold my hair and makeup trial, and she and Julia wowed me despite everything else going on in their lives. She checked in with me to go over the day-of timeline about two weeks out, right when I was stressing the most. Amanda, Julia, and Jaycee were professional yet relaxed and fun on my wedding morning, showing up bright and early and getting me + 7 bridesmaids ready on time. People complimented my zen, but I owe it all to Amanda and her team setting the tone for the day.

Hair and makeup both lasted from early morning, through the first look at 9AM, ceremony, reception, sunset photo shoot, and the Super Bowl Party - well over 12 hours...okay, let's be honest, I still rocked them on my flight and first day of the honeymoon, since we flew out so early the next day. If Amanda and her team are available for your event, grab her! You won't regret it.

Amanda · Married on 01/14/2017

Amanda was awesome to work with in regards to setting up. Jaycee did all my girls hair the day of and was awesome. Very easy to talk to and give ideas. Did exactly what each girl asked. Did great with both moms and the flower girl. Would definitely recommend them.

Kat · Married on 12/10/2016

the BEST of the best!

Amanda went above and beyond to create exactly what I was wanting for my summer wedding day makeup. She was so friendly, great to work with, and so fun to have around while my girls and I got ready at the Casa Monica! I would her recommend to each and every bride!

Caity · Married on 10/28/2016

Amanda described herself as "the Anthropologie of wedding makeup" and I think that's a good descriptor. My makeup was long lasting yet subtle and lovely. I don't wear a ton of makeup day to day (eyeliner, mascara, brow pencil), but I still felt like myself once my makeup was done. All my bridesmaids had their hair and makeup done (I have a pixie cut so I didn't need that!) and it only took us about 3.5 hours. I went for a trial and Amanda listened to my preferences and to what I wanted.

Kate · Married on 10/09/2016

Amanda and her team were wonderful! We had to start getting ready at 530 since our wedding was at 11 and they were early! Even in the midst of dealing with her store being under water from Hurricane Matthew the day before, they came together and were able to be a part of our wedding day. I have never felt so beautiful and am so grateful when I go back and look at all my photos at how good everyone looked! From the wedding through the reception my hair and make up looked flawless! THANK YOU!!!

Allison · Married on 09/24/2016

She is amazing, I had many friends and co workers tell me how stunning my makeup was. I showed her photos from Pinterest and she delivered on the look I was going for. She also made all of my bridesmaids look stunning and made each one look unique but still keeping with the style of makeup I was going for. Also the hair stylist she brought made my hair and those of my girls look amazing, it was all perfect. They are also a blast to be around!

Book now. Loved my hair and makeup for my wedding. Amanda was great to work with.

Ashleigh · Married on 07/23/2016

Extremely talented and pleasant to be around! Made the wedding day get ready time fun and relaxed for all of us girls. Was able to interpret what we wanted and deliver, also able to guide anyone who wasn't sure what they wanted.

Vanessa · Married on 07/09/2016

Loved this sassy, funny, and above all talented make-up artist. Amanda and her mother-in-law made miracles happen on my wedding day. My make-up was on point. I never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day. My hair was perfect and all my bridesmaids looked stunning. The hair and make-up withstood the heat of Florida summer and dancing heavily into the night. Thank you to Amanda and her mother-in-law for the amazing make-up and hair!

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2016

If you want the BEST makeup artist and hair stylist you want Amanda Hopcraft and her team! She is AMAZING! The only thing I wanted on my wedding day was to look pretty, if I look pretty than I feel pretty, if I feel pretty than it shows, Amanda made me feel and look BEAUTIFUL! I never knew I could look so beautiful! I highly recommend Amanda and her team!

Jessica · Married on 05/07/2016

My husband and I were married on May 7, 2016 in beautiful Savannah, Georgia. We live in Daytona Beach, Florida so planning an out of town wedding was a little nerve racking. I had no luck finding anyone I was impressed with and available in Savannah for make-up. Luckily, my photographer also lived in Jacksonville and recommended Amanda! From first contact she was so professional, and her web-site was very impressive. Loved that she sent a quote and had a super easy online payment option. Meeting her the day of she was so sweet, on time, and her skills are worth every penny. My hair stylist bailed on me last minute, and Amanda called to confirm details the night before, and when I shared this news she even offered to do my hair for me as well. My make-up & hair were exactly what I wanted. Did an smazing job with mothers, and maitron of honor as well. Thanks Amanda!

Meagan · Married on 05/07/2016

Amanda and her team did a great job on hair and make-up for the bridal party. I coordinated all details with Amanda and Julia and Jaycee arrived ahead of schedule on the wedding day. In fact we ran ahead of schedule with hair and make-up all morning. They provided a natural look and were able to easily style all different types of hair to fit everyone's preference that lasted through the night.

Leila · Married on 04/23/2016

It has taken me a year to write a review- which is sad because Amanda was TRULY a gem. She did a really great job. My make up was beautiful and my hair was just what I wanted- even though I switched up what I wanted at the last minute! They were so fun and my bridal party looked and felt so pretty! I was so stressed my face totally broke out before the wedding and she set me up with a facial too and made my skin look so good!!! Thank you so much for everything!