Amanda Basteen Photography Reviews

38 | Des Moines, IA

38 Reviews for Amanda Basteen Photography

Ginger · Married on 06/23/2012

Amanda is the BEST Photographer! She does amazing work and really has a special talent for finding the most unique angles to make EVERY picture taken look gorgeous. I am soooo glad that I had her for my wedding and would recommend her to anyone! Amanda's vibrant personality makes her so wonderful, she would do anything for you and every picture she takes is perfect. I look forward to future photo sessions with her!

Sent on 08/01/2012

Bailey · Married on 06/09/2012

beautiful pictures!!!! loved our experience with her and she made us feel so comfortable. will most likely be our photographer with other special events in our lives.

Sent on 08/11/2012

We loved our photos! She got them back to us very quickly.

Sent on 09/21/2012

Nicole · Married on 04/16/2011

Amanda was great! Photography was something that was a top priority for our wedding, and Amanda did not disappoint. She was amazing to work with and we could not be happier with her and the images that she produced!

Sent on 06/02/2011

Tessa · Married on 08/28/2010

Amanda was absolutely wonderful!!! She was so patient and VERY professional. She didnt just photograph my wedding...she captured memories....I put so much time into planning my wedding and i realized that after the day was done all I would have left is the "thought" of the most amazing day of my life so I knew I needed "the best" (Amanda Basteen) to be there to capture every detail and expression! :) She exceeded every expectation i had!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Christina · Married on 03/13/2010

I have has 8 sessions with Amanda. That in itself speaks highly of how great I feel she is as a photographer, professional, and now family friend. She's seen my family through my engagement, wedding, birth of our 1st and her into her first year of life. She's captured so many memories for my family like only her trained eye can see. We'll continue to use her for photographs in the years to come and are so grateful when she comes out to our farm which is over an hour away for her, to shoot photos. My sister and friend have booth used her for their weddings, and I highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 09/14/2011
  • F

Katie · Married on 02/25/2010

Amanda was amazing. She was there the entire day with us and listened to me! I worried about not getting the right pictures or taking too many boring pictures. She was helpful even when I started stressing out a little bit, something that had nothing to do with pictures, and she was there to help! Our wedding pictures were amazing, professional and beautiful!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Christina · Married on 01/16/2010

Amanda shot our engagement photos and will be doing our March 2010 wedding along with a trash the dress session which was included in the package. She's very easy to get in touch with and makes you feel like a valued client. Her prices are fantastic. She has recently started out with weddings and at first it was a leap of faith, going only off her children & family photography. Risk well worth taking, as she has a way of taking a vison of a photograph in her mind and looking through a camera lense and making it come to life. My fiance and I will be using her for our future children & family photos. Her atristic ability is amazing and every evolving. She stays up to date with latest photo trends and can do anything! Extremely professional and I have recommended her to friends which have booked for another wedding and family photos. Highly recommended photographer!

Sent on 01/25/2010

Amanda · Married on 10/17/2009

Amanda photographed our wedding in October and also did our engagement session. All I can say is AMAZING!!!!!! She is a fantastic photographer. She was able to capture every moment in our big day!! We are so lucky that we found her! My only complaint would be that every single photo is so amazing that it is so hard to choose :) We would highly recomend her to anyone needing a photographer and we do!! She would be photographing our family for many years to come.

Sent on 01/29/2010

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2009

Amanda did my wedding on September 12, 2009 and it was everything I imagined and more. She helped me capture my day and did everything prefectly! I love all the pictures we took that day, and how they turn out on her camera is so beautiful! She made everything so easy and fun and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/25/2010

Erin · Married on 04/23/2016

She does not disappoint! She captured our wedding perfectly and was so easy to work with!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Amanda was wonderful to work with! She did our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. She was very professional and easy to work with and did a great job of making us feel comfortable while she was photographing us.

Amanda is very timely and had our engagement pictures (50+ pics) back to us within a week of the shoot! Our wedding pictures took about a month for 1000+ photos and she released sneak peeks throughout that time.

My only complaint is that she didn't get any shots of our rings and only a couple of my husband and I that are spectacular. The rest are nice, don't get me wrong, I just wish we had taken a few more portraits of the two of us.

Sent on 10/18/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/23/2010

I found Amanda when I was researching photographers in the state of IA for our upcoming wedding. It was a gamble booking her because I never got to meet her, since we live out of state. Judging by her website and the photos she had posted I knew she was the perfect person to photograph one of the biggest days of my life. Amanda did an AMAZING job of capturing our special day. There is no need to worry about the quality of pictures, she always delivers. She did such an amazing job getting a picture of every single detail, I love that she shoots the action shots, not just the posed positions. Our pictures turned out better than I ever could have imagined. I strongly recommend Amanda as a photographer.

Sent on 06/01/2011