AM Booth's Lumberyard Reviews

14 | Huntsville, AL

14 Reviews for AM Booth's Lumberyard

Nicole · Married on 03/16/2019

Great wedding venue

The venue is unique and different which makes for awesome pictures. Staff was professional, friendly, accommodating, and provided great service. Food and drinks were amazing. Extremely helpful management that made my entire day flow so smoothly. The banquet room is HUGE so it's the perfect size for small or large weddings. The veranda has a large dance floor for guests and stage for DJ. Overall a very fun and awesome wedding venue.

Sent on 03/20/2019

AM Booth's Lumberyard's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Nicole! You were such a joy to work with and we are so happy you enjoyed yourself! Congratulations on the next phase of your life!!
    Cheers-
    Jessica Bolling

Linda · Married on 10/06/2018

I highly recommend The Lumberyard! Jessica was a dream to work with. She is professional, responsive, and creative. The food was delicious, the staff was great! Everything was taken care of and we definitely appreciated the attention to detail. We wanted a casual party vibe and that is what we got! We cannot thank you all enough! It was the best night ever!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Stephanie · Married on 12/16/2017

Jessica and her team were so accommodating and professional! They went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 12/28/2017

AM Booth's Lumberyard's reply:

Thank you for the review Stephanie!! We really had a good time and I can't wait to see pictures! The ceremony was soo pretty!

Alana · Married on 04/02/2016

This was the perfect place for our wedding! We were going for a laid back feel, and we didn't want to do a lot of decorating. The Lumberyard was great because it already has so much detail, and it looks amazing when it's lit up at night. It has so many cool little areas, like the pool room and courtyard, that were perfect for entertaining all our guests. Doug, Jessica, and their staff did an awesome job getting the venue ready for our wedding. They helped our wedding planner with setup, and they were super flexible about rentals we were unsure if we would need (heaters and fire pits). It was very convenient that they provide all the tables and chairs, and the alcohol for our reception was reasonably priced. I would highly recommend the Lumberyard for a semi-casual wedding or any other type of event!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Lindsey · Married on 04/18/2015

I highly recommend the Lumberyard! I call it one of Huntsville's best kept secrets. We did both our ceremony and reception there and it was nice to do it all in one so our guests didn't have to run all over town. It is nice and centrally located and easy to find. Doug and Jessica made things so easy to arrange and each time I had a question, I got a timely response. A few nice things to note: we didn't spend a lot on flowers since the place is already so decorated and green. There are many options for set up so it was nice having a back up plan for arranging tables/altar area in case of rain. Children had games to keep them occupied and adults had plenty of room to mix and mingle so it was enjoyable for all ages. Over and over again we got comments and compliments that the venue just fit our personalities and that it was so "us"! I would definitely recommend this venue. I can't imagine having had our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/04/2014

Working with Jessica and Doug at the Lumberyard was a wonderful experience. Our wedding was everything we hoped it could be and even more. With an unexpected cold front coming through, they allowed us to have heaters on stand-by instead of having to decide beforehand. Being able to rent chairs and tables from them is an added bonus since it's one less vendor to coordinate! It's a unique venue that had exactly the laid back party atmosphere we were hoping for.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/17/2014

The lumberyard is full of historical value. It's got such a warm and charming atmosphere. Very laid back, we particularly loved all of the lights and open space. The staff was very professional and everything was clean. It was great!

Sent on 05/31/2014

The Lumberyard was an excellent place to have the Rehearsal Dinner/Party the evening before the wedding. The place has an eclectic ambiance and was a great spot for a cold Alabama evening. They provided tables and chairs with a raised bathtub filled with ice for canned drinks. Wine and beer were included in the cost and a cash bar was available for other drinks. Taziki's Greek Restaurant of Huntsville catered the event. Their food was placed in and on handmade ceramic platters and bowls by the groom's ceramic artist parents for actual serving. Handmade elaborate candlesticks were centered on each table for the guests to take their food which was served on palm plates with wooden silverware. Small votive candles flanked the candlesticks. handmade goblets were given to all guests for a toast and to take home. Gourmet popsicles by "Frios" of Gadsden were served for dessert. The Lumberyard had a fire pit going for roasting marshmallows in the adjacent courtyard with a couch and comfey chairs for an alternative place for guests to gather. Linens were rented from Mullins of Huntsville.

Sent on 01/20/2014

Amanda · Married on 11/16/2013

The Lumberyard was the perfect venue for our reception!!! The staff were friendly, helpful, and quick to respond when I had questions or those week before the wedding freak out moments. I've had several people tell me how cool our reception was and how great the venue was. We had a wood fire pit that kept guests warm, a band on the stage, the bar was up and running, and pool and shuffleboard in action that ended up entertaining our young guests. I highly recommend this venue if you are looking for a fun and funky reception that everyone will remember!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Sarah · Married on 12/30/2017

3.5

I loved having our wedding at the Lumberyard. It gave just the right amount of rustic and southern wedding vibe I was wanting to have for the big day. I used the banquet hall for the ceremony and the veranda for the reception. It couldn't have been more perfect. There is so much there, so it does not require a lot of decorating. With the venue you must use their food which was nice because I didn't have to worry about finding a caterer or a caterer being flaky since it was already there. The food was amazing! I definitely recommend the jalapeno hushpuppy sliders and mushroom tartlets, but all in all it was all so delicious. I couldn't have picked a better venue.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Chantel · Married on 08/06/2016

3.5

The team at the Lumberyard was amazing to work with! Jessica and Doug were both incredibly helpful and everything they coordinated for the wedding went so smoothly. On the wedding day, we had a nasty thunderstorm roll in immediately after our outdoor ceremony (like, as we walked back down the aisle immediately) and the team sprung into action to make adjustments around the venue to keep things as comfortable as possible for our guests. Even with the rain, our guests couldn't stop talking about what a beautiful venue it was and what a great time they were having! Luckily the rain stopped within an hour or so and the team was able to open things back up so we could use more of the outdoor space. All in all, I couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else!

Sent on 10/14/2016

4.2

The Lumberyard is a very unique venue. Our guests had a great time and loved the scenery. My husband and I had such a fun, relaxed day! Doug and Jessica were very flexible and easy to work with.

Sent on 05/14/2014

4.2
      2.5
      3.5

A.M. Booth's Lumberyard was the perfect venue for us. We didn't want our wedding to be too stuffy and wanted people to have room to roam around with different activity options. This place was great because it has a bar, a place for DJ to set up, pool tables, and it looks just like a little town. Plus, when the sun sets, it's beautiful with all the lights they have set up. The venue manager is a dream to work with, she is super responsive and extremely nice. She wants you to have anything, within reason, to make your day great. She even held a special wine tasting for me to get the perfect sparkling wine that I wanted for the toast. The only complaint I had is the venue owner and the venue manager didn't quite communicate the details of my wedding contract. We paid an extra fee to have them breakdown our rentals & any cleaning we would be responsible for otherwise but the owner didn't know that and thought we were supposed to breakdown. So my precious event coordinator did the break down. If you're OK to deal with small inconveniences and sometimes a subpar attitude of the owner then you'll be fine with the Lumberyard. I had an event coordinator that bore the brunt of this so for me, the eclectic awesomeness of the place was worth it.

Sent on 10/27/2013

Teresa · Married on 05/21/2016

1.0

I just wanted to say we were in town from North Carolina and we only had one week to decide on the venue for my daughter's wedding. I was very disappointed with how,we were treated. We had a scheduled appointment to meet with the wedding planner and we were on a tight time schedule. We were made to wait and when the wedding planner introduced herself she was immediately interupted by an employee. We asked a question that she had to,excuse herself to go to her office to get the answer and on the way back to us she wad pulled away by the owner(her father) because another couple had arrived( we had a scheduled appointment). Made us feel they felt we were NOT important. He could not answer all our questions and constantly said he would check with her. I asked how many Weddings they have done and his answer was they have had over 100 events this year.We are pplanning a daytime Wedding and he constantly wanted to tell us how amazing it looked at night.( Not in tune with our needs). We did book ans paid in full for THE SWAN HOUSE! Steve was amazing!!!!

Sent on 10/16/2015