Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts Reviews

50 | Ellijay, GA

50 Reviews for Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Barbara. She was very professional and helpful during the planning process, and she also had a very personal, warm touch that made dealing with her a pleasure. She is very communicative and responsive and is there to help in any way to help you build the perfect ceremony and met with us two times to prepare. She also has some ceremony examples to get your creativity flowing or if you would rather use something already created. We wrote our own, which was quite unique, and she was encouraging and accepting of it. We really enjoyed getting to know Barbara, and she helped counsel us on wedding traditions and ideas and used her vast experience to help us make our big day even better. Having her with us during this big event was wonderful, and we enjoyed her being there to join us as well as visiting with her after the ceremony. This was an overall fantastic experience with a very knowledgeable and professional individual, and we could not recommend her more for your special day.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much Lia for your kind words. Your wedding will be one that I remember for years to come, maybe because of doing the "rehearsal" by the Coke and ice machines in the hallway of Amicalola Lodge. Y'all were so flexible and understanding, and a pleasure to do business with. -Barbara

Jarell · Married on 03/20/2016

Jones Harrison Wedding
    Montaluce Winery
    March 20, 2016

Our wedding was officiated by Rev. Barbara Roberts at Montaluce Winery on the day of the Spring Equinox in 2016. Barbara helped us plan the ceremony and our personalized vows. The wedding, attended by our children and close friends, was picture perfect outside on the top balcony overlooking the vineyard. The vines were also announcing the first day of Spring with their tender leaves just beginning to show.

The date was chosen to signify a “new beginning” for us and in our lives. To further embrace the annual revival of emerging nature in the North Georgia Mountains, we concluded our ceremony with a Cherokee Indian prayer asking for the blessings of the elements of fire, water, air, and earth.

As Rev. Roberts recited this prayer, miraculously, the heavens opened, and the elements appeared – wind, lightning, thunder, rain, hail and snow, all within a matter of minutes. Despite the inclement conditions and because of the timely presence of the elements, our union was blessed in a most spectacular fashion. Rev. Roberts with her robe flowing in the wind appeared as a prophet of old leaning into the wind-driven rain, ice and snow to declare us man and wife. A wonderful memory and glorious start to our marriage. Thank you, Barbara!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Yes, Jarrell, your wedding did have its share of challenges! But it was a beautiful ceremony and I enjoyed meeting your family and friends. May you have a long and peaceful life together from here on out.

Barbara was wonderful for us to work with; she helped me with planning where to have the ceremony; and made it simple, as I had requested. She worked well with our small children, and did an excellent job.

Sent on 03/12/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words. Amicalola Falls is my favorite place to have weddings since it is my backyard, literally. I'm so glad the weather was kind to us as well. Overall, it turned out to be a lovely day.

Trish (Burchette) · Married on 02/09/2016

Barbara Roberts is an amazing woman!! I'm so glad we found her to officiate our " last minute wedding ceremony!!"
    She is very professional, and fun!! She helped us with our vows, and even braved the unusual , snow showers and blustery day, in the mountains of Georgia, to make this a memorable day for us!!!
    We highly recommend Barbara, to anyone, for any type of wedding venue/ceremony!!! Thank you so much , for uniting us in marriage, and sharing our special day !!!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much Trish for the nice review of my services. It was touch and go for awhile to see if we could pull it off, but your persistence paid off and it was good to go. I appreciate your flexibility and enjoyed you two as a couple. Have a wonderful life together!

Lisa · Married on 12/23/2015

Revered Dr Barbara Roberts was amazing. Her demeanor is so welcoming and open that it feels like meeting an old friend. She could not have been more patient or flexible. Her reading voice is lovely -- perfect benevolent gravitas. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/24/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Lisa, I'm sorry the weather didn't allow us to have the wedding at Amicalola Falls, but I'm glad you found my humble home a viable substitute. Thanks for the kind words in your review and may you have a long and lasting marriage. -Barbara

Dana · Married on 10/17/2015

I wanted someone that could easily handle our mixed view wedding. My family is very southern Baptist and his was not religious. I wanted something that was more spiritual and about us and the world around us than about a sermon. Rev. Roberts was amazing. She met with us before the wedding to help create our vows and made it easy. Our wedding ceremony was a hit, everyone thought it was beautiful. I would definitely recommend Rev. Roberts as she was very pleasant to work with, affordable, and took the time to get to know us as a couple. We are so thankful to have found her.

Sent on 12/13/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you Dana for the kind words. It is always a pleasure to work with people who want something different from the traditional ceremony. It makes my job fun and rewarding and I'm glad I could share in your special day.

Jesse · Married on 09/05/2015

The ceremony Barbara conducted for us was wonderful. She has a very fun energetic personality and her website made the selection process very easy.

Sent on 09/15/2015

allie · Married on 08/22/2015

Barbra was amazing and the vows were absolutely wonderful, I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for your review, Allie. I enjoyed working with you and Josh and I think everyone liked the ceremony too. Several of the folks came up to me afterward and said how lovely it was. Have a great life together! -Barbara

Paige · Married on 07/11/2015

Rev. Roberts was awesome. She gives you a list to choose from her website to customize your vows. She's also really good at getting back to you when you need her.

Sent on 07/12/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much for the quick response, Paige. I really do appreciate it and am so glad y'all were still there when I went back to pick up the camera that I had forgotten. I've got to start just putting it in my car as soon as I have taken pictures with it. Thanks again.

Deana · Married on 07/10/2015

Barbara was such a pleasure. She did a great job with our ceremony.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I appreciate the kind words, Deana, and I loved the Wedding Crasher we had at your wedding. That was the funniest thing when Lucy the dog swam across the river to join us. Must have been good vibes!

Stacey · Married on 07/08/2015

Barbara was wonderful to work with from the very start. She was helpful and easy going. Very knowledgeable. She went out of her way to make things perfect for us, even going above and beyond to help us with photos. Highly recommend her services! You won't be disappointed

Sent on 07/10/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you Stacey for the lovely review. It was a pleasure to work with you and Ryan and I hope you'll be coming back to the North Georgia mountains area again soon.

Ray · Married on 07/04/2015

Reverend Roberts performed a very nice ceremony for our wedding. She has a warm inviting character that kept us comfortable the whole time. She even extended her help to take some photos until our photographer showed up which we greatly appreciated.

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Ray. We had some challenges that day, but it all turned out okay at the end.

Jamie · Married on 07/04/2015

Barbara, was very accommodating to the bride & groom.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks, Jamie, for your review. It was different way to celebrate the 4th of July, but it was fun!

Camille · Married on 06/28/2015

Barbara was amazing. She listened to everything we wanted and did everything we wanted. Thank you!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you for the review, Cami. I appreciate it. I hope married life is treating you well so far!

Reverend Barbara was so fantastic! She is a kindred soul. She was so patient with our family and drove quite a distance to be there for us. What a kind-hearted person. Open-minded, and full of happiness for our new marriage! Soo appreciative to have had someone so genuine to officiate our marriage. Love her!!! Would recommend her, and have recommended her to others!

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate your great review and hope that you two have a wonderful life together!

Carri · Married on 05/05/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts, Barbara was awesome. She was easy to work with and adjusted to our needs and wishes. Easy going, Friendly, and Professional. She made our wedding ceremony special and exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 05/06/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thank you so much, Carri for the kind words. I hope you got your certificate okay before you had to leave to go home. Have a wonderful life together! - Rev. Barbara Roberts

Brenda · Married on 03/13/2013

She done my sisters wedding. Awesome job very nice person to work with.

Sent on 03/14/2013

Paige · Married on 02/25/2011

Rev. Barbara Roberts of Meaningful Marriages went above and beyond to help us have the wedding of our dreams. Initially, I spoke with Rev. Roberts and gave her an idea of what we wanted for our wedding ceremony; from there she provided us with options for the venue of our wedding, options for our wedding vows, and she suggested a wonderful photographer. While we were planning the ceremony, Rev. Roberts stayed in contact with us and answered any questions that we had. In the end we had the wedding ceremony we always wanted. It was personalized for us and that is what made our wedding one of the most memorable days in our lives.

Sent on 03/19/2011

Julie · Married on 06/20/2010

Barbara and Brian were warm, very accommodating and patient! They made our experience special, fun and they traveled to a waterfall in the woods to marry us.

We highly recommend them to anyone who wants their ceremony to be loving and done with personal care.

Thank you both again.
    Julie Hunsucker

Sent on 03/21/2011

Katie · Married on 11/28/2017

If you're looking for someone who knows what they're doing, is helpful and kind and flexible, call Rev. Roberts. You won't regret it.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Thanks so much for the review, Katie. I appreciate it. I'm glad we finally connected over the hassle of finding the place. It was beautiful once I got there!

Phyllis · Married on 12/14/2014

She was amazing and so understanding with us being late ( :

Sent on 12/20/2014

Jennifer · Married on 05/27/2018

Rev. Roberts is a pleasure to work with. She has so much good information on her website that really makes the ceremony planning process painless. She also has a very calming presence that helps during the craziness of the wedding day. Even with a couple glitches, she was accommodating and kind. I am so glad we chose her to be our officiant.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

I really appreciate the review Jennifer. Yes, there were some challenges, but I got you married after all. I hope you have a wonderful life together! -Barbara

ANGEL · Married on 05/30/2015

Reverend Roberts was great a patient. I just wish she had received the vows we wanted to perform at the wedding, but we loved each other and we knew we wanted to be married. She had the best price around. She could have just said Do You and we both would have said YES!!! Thank you again for your promptness and patience.

Sent on 06/15/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

We did have our challenges that day, didn't we, Angel? I'm so glad you finally found the marriage license and that we got that squared away so you could be legal. May the rest of your life together be blessed.

Barbara was our officiant for our wedding day. She was willing to do just about anything we wanted for our ceremony, extremely flexible. Although at times I got the feeling that she had a lot of other things going on. All the same, we had a beautiful ceremony thanks to her.

Sent on 10/26/2014

Laura · Married on 06/13/2015

3.5

Everything was wonderful - we had one small hick-up during the service when the wrong name was used.

Sent on 06/21/2015

Alternative Weddings by Rev. Roberts's reply:

Sorry about the flub, Laura. You were beautiful, David was so proud, and the background was gorgeous, so maybe that made up for it. Thanks for the review.