Alterations Etc. Haute Couturier Reviews

39 | Phoenix, AZ

39 Reviews for Alterations Etc. Haute Couturier

• Lisa F

Lisa · Married on 10/11/2018

I purchased a heavily beaded Berta couture dress from StillWhite.com that required alterations. When speaking with friends in Tucson, without hesitation, they directed me to Sandra the owner & Master Seamstress at Alterations Ect.. After reading her reviews, I reached out to her.

From my first meeting with Sandra, I knew she was a true professional. With one glance she knew exactly what needed to be done to properly fit and correct a previous sloppy job on the handkerchief hem of my dress.
    Sandra was very considerate knowing that I was traveling from Tucson, Sandra accommodated my busy schedule & travel. She communicated via text when my dress was completed and everything went very timely & smoothly.

The outcome was amazing!! Sandra meticulously corrected the intricate hem and fit my Berta gown perfectly to me. She replaced missing Swarovski crystals & beads, shortened straps, added lining where needed, and made my gown look brand new! Her prices were very reasonable for a professional of her caliber. It is without hesitation that I recommend Sandra @ Alterations Ect for all dress fitting needs.

Heather · Married on 12/16/2017

I was referred to Sandra from the store where I purchased my dressed. She did a phenomenal job altering my dress! She was very quick, but very precise. I was so worried about having to hike up my dress throughout my wedding day, but I was very pleased that it was a perfect fit on our big day! I never had to pull it up or mess with it at any point! I am very pleased with Sandra and I would recommend her to any bride!

Stacie · Married on 11/04/2016

Sandra was amazing to work with, she is truly talented! I choose a difficult dress and had some second thoughts and panic attacks haha and she was able to calm me down and talk me through things while still listening to my concerns and fixing get them. I really liked that she gave me her honest opinion when I asked for it. She also made me a belt for my dress that was beautiful and added her personal touches on things which I loved. She is very sweet and genuine and I had a great time at my fittings

Taylor · Married on 04/08/2016

Sandra was fantastic in doing the alterations and steaming of my wedding dress and veil. She was so much fun to spend time with and really seemed to love what she does. I would go to her again in a heartbeat. I absolutely loved the finished product.

I can't even begin to express how AMAZED I am by what Sandra was able to do for me and my dress!!!! I found my dream dress online...it was perfect....vintage....chic...it was everything that I wanted. The day it was delivered and I went to try it on, I was not able to get it over my chest area. =( I was sad and incredibly scared that I was going to have to find and buy a whole new dress. It was incredibly heartbreaking and scary that I would have to dish out more money for a new one. I put a search into Google and I happened to come across Alterations Etc and I am so thankful I did!!! I do not know how she did it, but she was able to make the dress to where it will fit and I think it is even more beautiful now all because of the miracle worker that Sandra is!!! =) She has done such an amazing job and she is the absolute sweetest. She is actually very affordable as well. You do not find quality and good pricing very often in the same category these days, especially related to weddings!!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and for making this part of my wedding just that much better!!! =) You're awesome!!! =)

Amy · Married on 05/18/2015

Sandra is amazing! She had previously done my best friend and sister's alterations on their wedding dresses so of course I went to her for mine. She did a beautiful job, I couldn't have been more happy!

Courtney · Married on 04/25/2015

Alterations etc did an amazing job of making me fit in my dress PERFECTLY! Sandra put some much hard work and dedication into making my dress absolutley stunning! she was also very flexable with fitting times! will recommend!

Jeanine · Married on 08/31/2014

Sandra altered my wedding dress. She is professional and courteous. She followed through on timelines. I would recommend her permanently for any alterations.

Rebekah · Married on 05/10/2014

I took my dress in with two weeks before my wedding. Sandra was extremely accommodating! As soon as I put on the dress, I didn't have to say a word. Sandra walked up and told me exactly what needed to be done...which was exactly what I was thinking. The dress fits like a charm and she was able to get everything done within my short two week time frame. Also, the price was extremely reasonable and way less than what I would have been charged at the salon where I purchased it.

• Sherry

Sherry · Married on 04/12/2014

Sandra is an amazing seamstress!!! I had her turn a strapless wedding gown into a halt top style dress. She did such a fantastic job, that no one could tell that the dress had been altered so extensively. When she was done the dress exceeded my expectations!! I highly recommend Sandra!! Make sure you schedule with her well in advance, she books up quick - but would you expect from the best!!

Jennie · Married on 02/08/2014

To say that Sandra is amazing is an understatement. I bought my dress as a sample, a little dirty and a little too small. I wanted a corset back which she put in, spot cleaned the dress, fixed up the beading that was coming loose, and made it fit me like a glove. She gave great input on what would work with my dress and really made me feel confident through the entire process. I 100% recommend her service.

Sandra is awesome! She was very patient with me even though I changed my dress several times. She was very understanding when I let her know that I just didn't feel it was quite right. She made some incredible suggestions that made it exactly what I wanted. Thank you Sandra!! Also, the price was very reasonable!!

• User3731907 · 2+ years ago

Sandra is excellent at what she does. We had no problems from start to finish and the service she provided was PERFECT. We had the wedding dress altered from a size 8 to a size 0 and she did it perfectly. Also made us a custom coverup to wear in the church exactly just like we wanted. Everything was done in a very timely manner with still a few weeks before the wedding. No stress at all. Also had her hem one of the bridesmaids dresses, she did a perfect quick job. Love her and would recommend her any day to anyone. THANKS Sandra! Take your dresses to her you won't be disappointed!

Sandra did a wonderful job! My dress fits perfectly and she had it all finished on time. :) Super friendly and accommodating.

Maria · Married on 04/06/2013

Sandra did an amazing job on my already beautiful wedding dress. I contacted her 2 weeks prior to my wedding day to add a corset backing. I was so stressed and was sure where to go. My great friend recommended Sandra. I took a chance and it was well worth the time and money. Not once did I have to worry that my dress was going to be completed by the time I left for my destination wedding. I received my dress about a week prior to the wedding and it was even more beautiful. Now if anyone asks me if I know of someone to alter ANYTHING, Sandra will be my first choice. Thanks again, you truly are a master of your craft!!!

Great seamstress! She took a size 10 dress and made it a size 2 or smaller dress! Absolutely love her work and she is an amazing lady! Reasonably priced, definitely worth it for your special day!

Courtney · Married on 10/20/2012

Sandra did an amazing job on my dress. I had gotten a sample dress used in bridal stores, so it was a bit dirty on the bottom and needed many alterations. The work by far exceeded my expectations! The dress fit perfectly, was done in time for my destination wedding, and Sandra cleaned and pressed it so it looked brand new. I highly recommend her!

Maureen · Married on 06/09/2012

I was referred to Sandra by a friend of mine. My friend had such a wonderful experience with her that I couldn't pass it up. Sandra has been so AMAZING throughout the whole experience. My wedding dress was handed down to me by a friend and Sandra has been able to turn it into a completely different dress and it looks exactly like I had envisioned in my head. Her ideas are creative and she is so talented and skilled at what she does. She does great work and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Kimberly · Married on 05/12/2012

Sandra turned just an average wedding dress into my dream wedding dress! She was always wonderful to work with and my fitting dates were always very close to the original dates that she had written for me. We only had 3 months to almost completely remake my dress and she got it done more than a week before my wedding! It turned out amazing, and everyone loved my dress! I would recommend her work to any bride!!!

Jocelyn · Married on 04/10/2012

Sandra was amazing! She turned my website wedding dress into an absolute masterpiece! She only tailors bridal and formal wear and, let me tell you, it shows. She only had a month with my dress before the wedding and she was able to have 3 fittings with me and completely transform the look. I was sortof eloping, so she color-coded my bustle so that my even my hubby could figure out how to do it up! She is a very special person with an incredible talent.

Nancy · Married on 10/22/2011

Planning a wedding was so stressful, it was so nice to not have any of that stress with dress alterations. Sandra was very nice and acommodating when I would call last minute to change appointment times. Her work speaks for itself. Sandra is a real seamstress and knows how to properly fit a dress to your body. I recommend any future bride to Alterations Etc!!!

Lisa · Married on 06/04/2011

Sandra did a great job on my wedding dress. I was originally concerned about the alternations because I got my dress only 5 weeks prior to my wedding date, and hadn't booked a tailor at all. But Sandra was able to fit me in with several fittings, and she did a great job on my dress. I had cups, a corset, and a bustle added, and then had the dress hemmed. She also provided a complimentary steaming of both my dress and veil, which saved me time and a trip back to the bridal shop to have those done.

Amanda · Married on 03/31/2011

Sandra actually worked on 3 different dresses for me, altering 2 and pulling elements off of one dress to add to one of the main two. Everything she did turned out fabulous, and she was so sweet and easy to work with. She was easy to get a hold of, and did exactly what I wanted perfectly, plus some that I wouldn't have thought of.

Her pricing is very reasonable, especially if you book early and take advantage of all of the freebies that she offers for early booking!

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2010

This girl can work magic!! I have seen her work on many dresses, mine and three of my friends. Each dress so different, yet she creates them to exactly the brides style. I remember not being thrilled with my dress once I bought it but after my first visit with Sandra, I had the brides smile! I would have paid twice what I did and she exceeded my expectations!