Altared Weddings & Events Reviews

• Nikki

Nikki · Married on 09/05/2015

Thank you Altared Weddings! The lighting and yard games were perfect

Sent on 09/17/2015

Sean did an amazing job! We were trying to focus more on the reception than the actual ceremony and everyone had so much fun! He kept everyone on the dance floor! Words cannot express how grateful we are for Sean! Thank You!

Sent on 08/27/2015

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Sean is such an asset to the Altared team, and we love hearing this kind of feedback.

Jacque · Married on 07/18/2015

DJ Services: Christian was our DJ at the wedding. Altared Weddings sets you up to work with the DJ the week before the wedding. It works perfectly because you wedding week only the project they are working on is you. We had a few conferences with Christian where we went through our questionnaire to set up the music. Our goal was to ensure that the reception turned into a party. Christian gave us tips on ways we could help get the party started, such as drawing the crowd out on the dance floor after the first dance. Each of his tips worked wonderfully. Christian played a great mix of music that meet all generations of people expectations. He was able to handle the reception tone throughout to bring the music up and down. He played slow songs during the cake cutting so people could dance and still keep the party going. Chris (Husband) and I were so pleased with how he helped ensure everyone had a great time. It was a wonderful evening.

Lighting Services - we purchased the lighting package to help add to the Driskill hotel. I left Altared Wedding do the complete lighting design, we just picked the GOBO designs. They understood what works well in the Driskill and helped turned the event into a a perfect purple transformation. I wanted a classic and simple design of flowers and lighting. The lighting team worked great with the floral team and set up the Driskill beautifully.

Sent on 09/05/2015

HI Jacque!

Your wedding was a favorite of ours. We loved the photos! It was so wonderful working with you guys and the Driskill! Wishing you must happiness!

Christine · Married on 05/23/2015

I’m not usually one to write online reviews, but I was so impressed by Altared Weddings, that I just have to share. I used their DJ service for both my ceremony and reception and I also added their lighting package for my wedding at Camp Lucy on 5/23/15. Our DJ (David) was absolutely fabulous – he played all the songs that we requested and he made sure everyone was having a great time on the dancefloor all night! The lighting package included uplights, pinspots, a custom wall gobo, floor gobo and cake table lighting & it really enhanced the already beautiful reception hall at Sacred Oaks. But here’s where Altared Weddings really impressed me – this was Memorial weekend and the torrential storms and flashflooding around the area caused the nearby creek to turn into a raging river, flooded the bridge & left us all stranded at the venue overnight. When the power went out, I was heartbroken and thought my entire wedding was ruined. But David had come equipped with speakers that played on batteries and a fully charged laptop! He kept playing into the wee hours of the night and he completely saved my wedding! And without Altared’s lighting package, we would have been in complete darkness. The apocalyptic storm nearly ruined my big day, but thanks to David and Altared Weddings, we had an all-night party and so many of our guests have told us it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to! I’d give Altared Weddings 50 stars if I could!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

HI Christine! Thank you so much for the kind words. That was definitely one of the craziest weekends in our books, and we were so glad that you had David on your team!

Connie · Married on 05/16/2015

We used Altared Weddings DJ services for my daughter 5/16/15 wedding and the did an excellent job working with us to prepare before the wedding as well as at the wedding. A last minute decision was made to order a GOBO (logo lighting on the wall) as well as some uplighting in the reception hall and additional pin spots on centerpieces on the guests tables & bridal cake - what a beautiful accent this was! As the dancing started the DJ was able to change the color of the uplighting to go along with the music and mood - such a suttle, but big impact it made. The DJ also provide the ceremony music and microphones and everything went smoothly from start to finish. I highly recommend Altared Weddings - 5 Stars

Sent on 05/20/2015
  • User5041969 · event on 05/02/2015

DJ sean was the best dj we've ever had for an event!! Everyone couldn't stop talking about how good the song selections were and the dance floor was never empty!!

Sent on 05/04/2015

We had seen David DJ a friend's wedding two years ago, and knew we had to have him at ours. He's great at figuring out your music style (helped by your info sheet) and the music played was very us. We were not into the standard wedding music (YMCA, cupid shuffle, etc...), so David put together a perfect playlist for our taste. Couldn't have been happier and we are still receiving compliments on our incredibly fun DJ! If you want your guests to dance the entire night, call Altared!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Brenden · Married on 04/18/2015

My husband and I had such an amazing experience with Altared Weddings. All of our questions were answered (and believe me I had a lot of them) in a timely fashion by Ryan Guthrie, the owner. More specifically, Sean, our DJ for our wedding, was AMAZING. He had our guests on the dance floor until the very end, which was impressive. We had a ton of people give us compliments about the music selection-- it was truly a wonderful experience. I would HIGHLY recommend this company and DJ Sean. Furthermore, the company provided us with our reception lighting too and it really created a great ambiance. I am beyond thrilled to have had them for our wedding!

Sent on 05/04/2015

Shelby · Married on 04/18/2015

Altared Weddings is such a professional, well organized company. They were very responsive to every email I wrote and put me in touch with our DJ right away so him and I could correspond directly. Our DJ, Christian, was THE BEST!! We met with him the week of the wedding to go over our style, timeline, etc and he gave us some great advice which really helped with the flow of the wedding. It's rare that you find a DJ who can do that. He knew exactly what to play and when to play it. When it started to hail right before the speeches, he had the sense to postpone those and get the dancing started, playing the music over the insanely loud storm. I cannot say enough good things about him and we are SO glad we chose this DJ/company for our wedding. Highly recommend using them!

Sent on 05/07/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/14/2015

Sean and Ryan were both amazing organized and friendly. Very responsive and Sean got our music styles immediately. Very professional and reasonably priced from everything I saw. Would highly recommend!!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Chelsea · Married on 03/14/2015

Christian is an AMAZING DJ! He helped us tremendously before the wedding with choosing the perfect songs. He has a great instinct for keeping the dance floor going all night--and plays the best songs! Our dance floor was never empty-all night long! I had several people come up to me and tell me how much fun the DJ was and how they hadn't been to a wedding where there were people on the dance floor the entire night!

Book Christian-for sure! You won't regret it! :)

Sent on 04/15/2015

Linda · Married on 03/14/2015

I can't even express how overjoyed we were to work with Altared Weddings for our special day. We booked the team for DJ, uplighting and photo booth services. Every element was executed with precision. They were prompt, paid close attention to detail and left me feeling carefree (the way it should be on such a busy day!). I trusted Ryan to provide us with an awesome allstar team and he delivered. DJ David was as cool as his wild hair. He was the maestro during our reception and played a huge role in the success of our event. David did an excellent job playing the right music so that the dance floor was never empty. I appreciated his ability to keep everything in line from speeches to cake cutting. The lighting and booth were just as fun and wonderful. If you want your guests to deem your wedding as 'the best one ever' - you better hope and pray Altared is available for your wedding and book them immediately.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Jean · Married on 02/14/2015

As a bride, I stressed out a lot about choosing vendors. There were so many different options and I had a had time figuring out who would best fit my wedding needs. Well future brides, LOOK NO FURTHER! Altared weddings was a dream to work with AND did a perfect job at my wedding. We used them for lighting and DJ services and both were exceptional. We had DJ Christian for our wedding and I would highly recommend him! He got in touch with me before the wedding so we could go over what I was specifically looking for and he also gave me some advice from his experience that was really helpful. Also, he managed the perfect balance between my must play list and songs that fit the mood of the party. Seeing how crowded and awesome the dance floor was at the wedding was one of my favorite parts of the entire event. I am so glad I went with Altared weddings and would recommend them to any future bride! Thank you Altared weddings and DJ Christian for everything!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

Jean, Thank you for the great review! I'm glad Christian could keep you at ease! We really enjoyed working with you and your family, your group really knew how to party! - Ryan

Leslie · event on 02/13/2015

Christian was the DJ for the Gorzycki Middle School Valentines Dance this year and was OUTSTANDING! His ability to interact with the kids and keep them energized and engaged in the event was by far superior to prior years. His enthusiasm with working with the students was amazing! Students were still talking about how great the dance was the following week at school and this is a direct result of Christian and Altared Wedding Productions.

Sent on 03/03/2015

We had Jason as our DJ and he was amazing! We worked with him to make a list of songs for our ceremony but let him choose music for the rest of the wedding. He picked the perfect music/tone every step of the way! He has great taste and a great presence. I recommend telling him your likes/dislikes and then letting him do his thing!

Sent on 01/15/2015

If you are debating whether adding lighting to your venue is worth is... I assure you IT IS! The pinspotting really took our tables are decor to the next level.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Emily · Married on 12/13/2014

Our DJ, David, was absolutely fantastic! He and Ryan both answered emails quickly and were always ready to answer any questions we had about the service they provided, the timeline, or even their opinion on what might work best! David was available to meet up before the wedding day (to calm my jitters) and he was so helpful and relaxed that it made me relax! He arrived very early for the actual day, had everything set up perfectly! During the reception, he played the perfect music and was extremely attentive to our needs and our last minute changes. He was 100% professional and I would work with him again in a heartbeat! Choosing David and Altared Weddings was the perfect choice - we would highly recommend them to anyone, for anything!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Torrey&Jessie · Married on 12/13/2014

We met the Altared Weddings team at an open house for our venue. We had a chance to speak with Christian, our eventual DJ, and immediately decided that this was the team we wanted to turn our wedding into a party. We booked him on the spot. First, Christian is hands down the best DJ in the business. He took the time to get to know us, asked questions, provided feedback, and truly wanted to create a party based on our desires. Not only did he create a party, but he went above and beyond to truly create a custom event. At our event, we had Christian at the ceremony site playing background music and then inserted a live performance by a family friend without skipping a beat. Then at the reception, we mixed it up again, by having Christian help us coordinate a great party entrance, and then drop in another live performance by another great family friend. Christian can truly handle curve balls. In fact, the entire Altared wedding team can handle anything. Their overall professionalism, responsiveness, quality, and value are unmatched. There were extremely flexible with any requests and very professional any time you meet. You will not regret anything that you receive from this group, and can truly turn a wedding into a party!

Sent on 02/09/2015

Altared Weddings provided the up lighting, pin spot lighting and other special table lighting for my daughter's wedding. I highly recommend them. I met Ryan at a wedding open house and found him to be engaging, professional and flexible in terms of providing the services the client wanted/needed. Once we engaged his crew and started working with them he continued to be engaged and resourceful - attending planning meetings, giving suggestions, and in the end due to severe weather, after initially setting up the lighting for the reception, his crew returned again to make sure everything remained in good order. Very happy we had the chance to work with Ryan and Altared.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Aaron · Married on 11/15/2014

Altared Weddings was a fantastic company to work with. They were very easy to deal with, affordable and worth every penny. Ryan, who I worked with setting up the service, was great. He made sure we had everything we needed and was very easy to get in touch with and very responsive.

We chose David as our DJ. I've actually been to 2 weddings that he DJ'd, one where I was in the wedding party and my own wedding. Both weddings he was tremendous. He was very interested in finding out the type of music that we like as well as some of our wedding party and family. We only gave him a few must plays and then let him go from there and he was spot on. We met with other DJ companies and weren't comfortable with letting them go off the cuff and play what they were "feeling." With David, it was easy because he has a good feel for the crowd and knows what the mood is and what needs to be played. He's a very nice, down to earth guy who likes what he does and has fun with it. I would suggest David and Altared Weddings for any type of wedding, big or small.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Kelli · Married on 11/09/2014

The most important weddings items are good food and good music! DJ Sean was a definite hit! Altrared was professional and easy to work with from the very beginning. We had three DJ friends at our wedding so the pressure was high for DJ Sean to bring it and he did! He kept it nice and smooth throughout cocktail hour and dinner then he played all of our favorites while we danced all night. He even mixed it up with some salsa for a few family members. We had a diverse crowd and he played something for everyone. Loved it!

Altared Weddings & Events's reply:

We thrive on pressure! We're so happy you had a great time Kelli, thank you for taking the time to come on here and share your experience!

Angela · Married on 11/08/2014

We loved working with Jason!! He was a breeze to work with and I got lots of compliments on him from my guests. I would definitely use him again!

Sent on 11/25/2014

Todd · Married on 10/25/2014

Choosing a DJ for our wedding reception was definitely our most important decision of the whole event. I am fortunate to have been a part of Austin's DJ scene for over 20 years and have had the honor of being voted "Best DJ" by the people of Austin for the Austin Chronicle Music Awards on a few occasions. The role of DJ was imperative to the party. I am close friends with most of the top DJ's in the city of whom many will also be guests so alas I knew I was ultimately going to be hiring one of the best. I went with Christian Barbuto due to his personality, experience, knowledge of music and how to work a crowd and play the right music at the right times of the night. Everything went without flaw, our wedding was hosted with joy and our guests were made to feel relaxed, great announcing and the dance floor was full all night and was definitely the place to be fort he entire evening. His song selection with many forgotten hits that brought back the memories where mixed in with all of our requests and his play list was customized just for us on our special UNFORGETTABLE night! We are so glad we went with Christian and we will forever remember this night because of him!! Thank you Christian!! Kim and I actually have named our first born after Christian, Christian Joseph Burgener, eta 10/29/2015. :)

Sent on 09/03/2015

P · Married on 10/19/2014

Altared Weddings embodied patience, and a willingness to work with us during the exploratory process, booking and with a last minute video add-on. They were extremely personable and professional, and that meant a lot to us.

Our DJ Ricardo, did an amazing job behind the turntables. Everyone young, and old, was out on the dance floor having fun. Ricardo was a pleasure to work with, and kept things going the whole night. Ricardo managed it with poise, professionalism, and fun. He did an excellent job, and my wife and I would definitely recommend him to our close friends and loved ones in the future.

Now on to the video team. They were great as well. They embodied the word partnership to the fullest, from working with me to capture a surprise gift I had for my wife during the ceremony, and working amazingly well with our photographers. True class acts, fun, and were so good, at times we forgot they were there filming. They totally know how to capture moments. We can’t wait to see what memories they captured for us and our family.

All in all, without the amazing team at Altared Weddings, our wedding day wouldn’t have been what it was.

Sent on 12/13/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 10/14/2014

Altared is such a great company. They were so helpful right from the start and they offer so many awesome services. We ended up picking Christian as our DJ and he was so fantastic! He has such a fun and friendly personality and is very professional. He did an amazing job at our wedding from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and reception. He was super enthusiastic but never cheesy and always right on time with announcements, songs, etc. Our ceremony music was flawless...no awkward silences waiting for music to start. He played great songs all night and kept the dance floor full literally the entire time. He was also really good with playing several different types of music and even specific songs we wanted to hear all at the right times during the evening. We highly recommend hiring Christian as your wedding DJ!

Sent on 04/24/2015